Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! (2387 Views)

UNN Will Publish Names Of School Fees Defaulters Online / Describe Your School Or Alma Mater In One Word / 2011 /2012 Fuoye Admission List And Complains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by zayzee(f): 6:11pm On Jul 20, 2011
Hi, Narialanders, I am a journalist that covers Education for Business Hallmark Newspapers. Do you have any kind of complain whatsover about what is going on in your school that you think the public should know about, or about the education system? If you do, just post it, I will make it public if you want.
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by excel111(m): 12:42am On Jul 21, 2011
about postgraduate sch. Uni ibadan. I hv paid N2700 for many weeks for d change of field of interest, no confirmation alert sent 2 my mail. I hv b callin their line, they wil not pick it.

Adeyem col of education ondo, punishin, shoutin on students b4 givin out transcript. I hv aplied 4 d past two months stil, they refuse to give me.
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by blank(f): 12:24pm On Jul 21, 2011
Why would someone come and bad mouth their Alma Mata. Just saying.
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by paraphase(m): 12:40pm On Jul 21, 2011
Lectures\professors asking female students for sex before they pass them,my mama had to go beg one to release my aunt.SO pathetic.
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by SUV(f): 12:46pm On Jul 21, 2011
Hi, Narialanders, I am a journalist that covers Education for Business Hallmark Newspapers. Do you have any kind of complain whatsover about what is going on in your school that you think the public should know about, or about the education system? If you do, just post it, I will make it public if you want.

wrong footing in journalism
how can u verify that the stories u will get here is true? it is journalist like u that seat on their desk and spread rumors and false stories around with undisclosed source.
don't be lazy, go to field (Schools) and observer happening with pictures and evidence, source for stories (happening) interview the people involved with names and evidence, then publish in ur so called newspaper.

i will try and be reading ur newspaper ans ur section, shld i see any 'fake story from u, then i will come after u.

dont sell journalist so cheap pls.
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by zayzee(f): 12:50pm On Jul 21, 2011
@SUV- and what makes you think I don't do all that? The fact that I said I will take complains, does not mean those are my main stories sir or ma.
@ paraphase- I don't understand. names of schools and department should also be included please.
@ blank- what is the essence of covering injustice or something that is newsworthy? Students pay for their education, it isn't free. The institutions should treat students with respect instead of behaving as though they are just doing you a favour. Reporting them to the world is the only way to call them to order.

@ excel111- okay. I will publish your complain
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by zayzee(f): 12:53pm On Jul 21, 2011
@ excel111- your details please for confirmation?
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by justwise(m): 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2011
SUV:

wrong footing in journalism
how can u verify that the stories u will get here is true? it is journalist like u that seat on their desk and spread rumors and false stories around with undisclosed source.
don't be lazy, go to field (Schools) and observer happening with pictures and evidence, source for stories (happening) interview the people involved with names and evidence, then publish in your so called newspaper.
i will try and be reading your newspaper ans your section, shld i see any 'fake story from u, then i will come after u.

dont sell journalist so cheap pls.

I think you are wrong, there is nothing wrong with starting from a place like this, she will have to build on any allegation made here, i don't think she is going to publish an article solely on hear-say.

People are more likely to open up in a place like this than she walking into any school in Nigeria to interview students.
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by paraphase(m): 1:24pm On Jul 21, 2011
Computer Science
Unversity of Lagos

Please emphasis on the ISSUE OF LECTURES ASKING FOR SEX FROM FEMALE STUDENTS, ESPECIALLY THE ABOUT TO GRADUATE FEMALE STUDENTS. The madness need to stop in nigerian universities,if you go to meet another lecture to help you out,he will tell you to give in.Yu Can Imagine.Please Hammer on the Topic well. So Many female victims in UNILAG right now,They need help!!!.Nobody is listening to them,even the VC cannot help.They need help!!!
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by mcelisus: 1:45pm On Jul 21, 2011
Its a big shame and set back that Degrees found these days are SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DEGREES. God help our Nation
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by loverboy4(m): 2:06pm On Jul 21, 2011
I don't understand why anybody should castigate this supposedly up-coming journalist. It is a very good idea as long as rules are sticked to. Well done jor. Expose them all and u'll be on your way to success.chikena!
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by ksam(m): 2:10pm On Jul 21, 2011
mcelisus:

Its a big shame and set back that Degrees found these days are SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DEGREES. God help our Nation
lol
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by klas(m): 2:35pm On Jul 21, 2011
paraphase:

Computer Science
Unversity of Lagos

Please emphasis on the ISSUE OF LECTURES ASKING FOR SEX FROM FEMALE STUDENTS, ESPECIALLY THE ABOUT TO GRADUATE FEMALE STUDENTS. The madness need to stop in nigerian universities,if you go to meet another lecture to help you out,he will tell you to give in.Yu Can Imagine.Please Hammer on the Topic well. So Many female victims in UNILAG right now,They need help!!!.Nobody is listening to them,even the VC cannot help.They need help!!!

My niece once complained to me about this. I advised her to seek the assistance of a more mature and responsible lecturer to wade in on her behalf. She took my 'wrong' advice. The lecturer (actually the HOD) whom she sought his help turned out to be more demanding than even the original persecutor. I had to escalate the thing before their colleagues advised the duo to let the girl from the "troublesome family" to go.
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by klas(m): 2:38pm On Jul 21, 2011
^^^ my niece was in FUTA then
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by rabzy: 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2011
Hi OP,
Nice one. Here is one for you.

When you register for courses in The National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN, the money for tuition and textbooks for that semester are collected from students. But the students are not all the textbooks they paid for, they might get 4 out of 7 with no refund at all. This has been going on for years.
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by paraphase(m): 2:46pm On Jul 21, 2011
All the Lectures are the same, I leart about them while i was in Nigeria,during my aunt\lecturer drama. All the lectures she went to in UNILAG even the VC,told her to do the honourable thing which is give-in to sex until my mum came to her rescue.These old men have succeded in Zap.I.N.G many innocent Nigerian female students,meanwhile they all have their daughters and wives at home.I pray God will Judge all of them.
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by dayokanu(m): 2:57pm On Jul 21, 2011
Are you saying UNILAG is sex for grades?
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by zayzee(f): 3:14pm On Jul 21, 2011
@ rabzy- I am shocked NOUN is doing that. And I thought they were better than all others. I will visit the school next week to find out.

@ loverboy+- lol at up-coming journalist. Thanks anyway. I am almost ten years in this profession. Truth is in this age of internet connectivity, things are made a whole lot easier as you hear things easily you can later investigate to make a good story.

The issue of sex for grades or pay with your body before I graduate you has been going on for years now. Not alot of girls are bold enough to talk about it or expose the lecturers in the act because of several reasons. And there is also that part where others demand money for grades. All these have contributed to the fall in the standard of education.

So if anyone can really be bold and give accurate details with names schools, department, victims and predators involved, then lecturer will definitely be approached and questioned. And in cases like this, one person speaks, others start coming out to be witnesses and one day, the system might be free of such practices.

And this also includes staff of schools asking for money so they can give you admission. If you passed, and are truly qualified to be admitted, why pay touts?

For privacy purposes, uzak_uz@yahoo.com.
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by zayzee(f): 3:19pm On Jul 21, 2011
For privacy purposes, uzak_uz@yahoo.com (there is an underscore after the uzak incase e no show)
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by Wallie(m): 3:24pm On Jul 21, 2011
zayzee:

Do you really want to make a name for yourself while helping people by doing the “right thing”? If you think that journalism is your calling and you believe in it, take up the issue of lecturers having inappropriate relationships with their students.

Just to be clear, any sexual relationship a lecturer has with a “current” student is inappropriate and should result in suspension of the lecturer. You can make yourself the “go-to” journalist when it comes to inappropriate relationship with students – male or female.

Your goal is to carve out a niche for yourself and you’d be surprised how high you soar, if you’re good!
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 21, 2011
O.A.U,ife,osun state has fantastic internet services.i still do not understand why transcript can be applied for online.before you get transcript in O.A.U, you must go to school and suffer.
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by SUV(f): 3:53pm On Jul 21, 2011
I think you are wrong, there is nothing wrong with starting from a place like this, she will have to build on any allegation made here, i don't think she is going to publish an article solely on hear-say.

People are more likely to open up in a place like this than she walking into any school in Nigeria to interview students.

she is already promising to publish on hear say.
then again it makes no impact: is she going to publish what we hv heard that exist or to make investigation and solve a problem? which of them do u think would make impact?

she is probably looking up to filling his pages by writing a lot of things and actually doing nothing.

That's not part of ethics of Journalism. u can find out abt that.
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by justwise(m): 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2011
SUV:

she is already promising to publish on hear say.
then again it makes no impact: is she going to publish what we hv heard that exist or to make investigation and solve a problem? which of them do u think would make impact?

she is probably looking up to filling his pages by writing a lot of things and actually doing nothing.
That's not part of ethics of Journalism. u can find out abt that.
The job of a journalist is not necessarily to 'solve' problem but to expose it and bring it to public knowledge.

I don't expect any decent Journalist to publish a story without investigating it, this is just a tip-off for her to follow up.

We need to encourage her effort rather than picking holes on the idea.
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by fm7070: 4:57pm On Jul 21, 2011
@poster,
LASU part-time is the worst I've ever known in my life.
They are money-mongers, bad academic quality, non-challent attitude to the students, etc.
Just go to any of the PT campuses and get more fact. e.g. Jibowu Campus, Agege Campus, Maryland.
It takes 5years to get certificate after graduation, yet they collect money for everything. that's horrible!
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by zayzee(f): 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2011
@fm7070- where in Agege is the Annex campus or is it the one near Big Treat, Omole?
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by nogames: 5:13pm On Jul 21, 2011
rabzy:

Hi OP,

When you register for courses in The National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN, the money for tuition and textbooks for that semester are collected from students. But the students are not all the textbooks they paid for, they might get 4 out of 7 with no refund at all. This has been going on for years.

Point of correction, like every other Federal Institutions NOUN students DO NOT PAY FOR TUITION FEE. We pay for courses materials and exam. so I doubt if the poster is a NOUN student.

About the issue of course materials (text book). There was a time Noun find it very difficult to run more than a semester in a year due to course materials problem, pioneer students can testify to this. We were told that, there are bottle necks in course material production. The management must following "DUE PROCESS" for awarding contract as it is in every Federal GOV. parastatal, which includes, Call for Tender, Bidding etc.
The only option is to load the soft copies of these materials on line for students to down load and we were told that, hard copies will be given any time they are available. with this simple move. NOUN students are preparing for second exam this year.

I am a student like yourself, i think loading course materials on NOUN e_ library is great, most of other universities (lecturers and students) are gradually adopting these materials as instructional aids because they were written by seasion expects carefully selected from different universities .
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by nogames: 5:18pm On Jul 21, 2011
rabzy:

Hi OP,

Point of correction, like every other Federal Institutions NOUN students DO NOT PAY FOR TUITION FEE. We pay for courses materials and exam. so I doubt if the poster is a NOUN student.

About the issue of course materials (text book). There was a time Noun find it very difficult to run more than a semester in a year due to course materials problem, pioneer students can testify to this. We were told that, there are bottle necks in course material production. The management must following "DUE PROCESS" for awarding contract as it is in every Federal GOV. parastatal, which includes, Call for Tender, Bidding etc. this may take more than 6 months

The only option is to load the soft copies of these materials on-line for students to down load and we were told that, hard copies will be given any time they are available. with this simple move. NOUN students are preparing for second exam this year.

I am a student like yourself, i think loading course materials on NOUN e_ library is great, most of other universities (lecturers and students) are gradually adopting these materials as instructional aids because they were written by seasion expects carefully selected from different universities .
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by Serendipity: 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2011
The fact that she seeks information as it regards the Education Sector doesn't in anyway connote that she will publish it that way. I believe all she wants here are just pointers or areas where she can research further on.
So, enough of the castigations please.
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by Serendipity: 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2011
nogames:

About the issue of course materials (text book). There was a time Noun find it very difficult to run more than a semester in a year due to course materials problem, pioneer students can testify to this. We were told that, there are bottle necks in course material production. The management must following "DUE PROCESS" for awarding contract as it is in every Federal GOV. parastatal, which includes, Call for Tender, Bidding etc. this may take more than 6 months

The only option is to load the soft copies of these materials on-line for students to down load and we were told that, hard copies will be given any time they are available. with this simple move. NOUN students are preparing for second exam this year.

Are you in any vestige way trying to infer that the fifty thousand naira my friend said he paid was for course materials?
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by Serendipity: 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2011
@POSTER,
One other key and burning issue is this JAMB's indiscriminate and flagrant seizure of candidates' results.
I was stupefied at learning that about 28,000 results were seized this year. More maddening was the crass arrogance with which JAMB issued the statement, saying that the number was lesser and an improvement, considering that 89,000 results were seized in 2010.
What this means is that the hope of these youths are now dashed, thereby making them susceptible to crime, brigandage and other social malaise.
JAMB should be called to order because the number of seized results can be drastically reduced thus:
by taking time to find the actual culprits in exam malpractices instead of cancelling or seizing the whole results of a centre.
by having zero tolerance to staff indiscipline because all the exam questions that leaks are released by members of the staff. So, those of them abetting malpractices in exams should be relieved of their duties.
Re: Complains About Your School Or System? I Will Publish It! by Serendipity: 7:48pm On Jul 21, 2011
Nne, power to you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scholarship At Kyungdong University Korea / 20 Reasons To Date A Physicist - Factorial1 / Benue State University, 2015/2016 2ND Batch Admission List And SUPPLEMENTARY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.