Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,347 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues (3727 Views)

Toyota AC Compressor / Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual / The Current Prices Of Corolla AC Compressor And Condenser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by Blessingonye: 10:58am On Jun 11, 2022
Team, my 2017 Hyndai Accent 1.4 liter AC began to have faults. I felt it was just change of gas but when I went to an AC mechanic he said it was Compressor and Condenser damage and I had to change it.
He searched for the compressor and brought on compressor he said was manual type and fitted to the car using what looked like an Iron made slab as the base to make it hold onto the compressor space. After he change the condenser. I paid N90k for the service. But after test driving I found out the car draggs and began to consume much more fuel. Looked like a heavier size compressor was used.
I return it and he said he would change the compressor. He now used a second hand one that he said was removed from a Corolla to fit into the space with another iron locally constructed place as a base. But till now, the vehicle drives different. It seems like it's carry a heavy load and the engine sounds havier when I accelerate.
Please what can be the cause. The car I brand new and I have never had any issues outside routine service and it's frustrating.
Please can any one assist. Does anyone know the cost of a direct replacement of the compressor and if there is another solution.
The original one was a n automatic compressor this is manual. Is there any difference?
PS- I stay in Port Harcourt.
Thank
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by fineboynl(m): 12:47pm On Jun 11, 2022
Get the original automatic if you like that engine. Never construct ac in any car. Use the manufacturer specs as there is a solid and valid reason for that. Anything short of that will stress the engine.

6 Likes

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by Blessingonye: 1:56pm On Jun 11, 2022
fineboynl:
Get the original automatic if you like that engine. Never construct ac in a any car. Use the manufacturer specs as there is a solid and valid reason for that. Anything short of that will stress the engine.
Please do you know where I can get the original compressor and the cost. I could not fine it here.
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by ITbomb(m): 7:34am On Jun 12, 2022
Go to any Hyundai centre, and get original part for your car, never panel beat any Toyota parts to your Hyundai.

For Hyundai, avoid Toyota mechanics as much as you can, if you can't, always buy parts for the mechanic to fix
If not they will be throwing fake China Toyota parts into your Hyundai and will make you hate Hyundai

3 Likes

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by mejai(m): 12:41pm On Jun 12, 2022
These our kazeems no dey hear word o. They too like manual compressor and forging that metal base.

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by alphabbey1(m): 12:53pm On Jun 12, 2022
Blessingonye:
Team, my 2017 Hyndai Accent 1.4 liter AC began to have faults. I felt it was just change of gas but when I went to an AC mechanic he said it was Compressor and Condenser damage and I had to change it.
He searched for the compressor and brought on compressor he said was manual type and fitted to the car using what looked like an Iron made slab as the base to make it hold onto the compressor space. After he change the condenser. I paid N90k for the service. But after test driving I found out the car draggs and began to consume much more fuel. Looked like a heavier size compressor was used.
I return it and he said he would change the compressor. He now used a second hand one that he said was removed from a Corolla to fit into the space with another iron locally constructed place as a base. But till now, the vehicle drives different. It seems like it's carry a heavy load and the engine sounds havier when I accelerate.
Please what can be the cause. The car I brand new and I have never had any issues outside routine service and it's frustrating.
Please can any one assist. Does anyone know the cost of a direct replacement of the compressor and if there is another solution.
The original one was a n automatic compressor this is manual. Is there any difference?
Thank
Go to hyundai service centre and buy the factory made compressor. Constructing incompatible Compressor to a car can never have happy ending...

kazeems will swear heaven and earth just to get there profit. Those guys make massive profit with manual compressor, reason why they fully advice it..... in the mean time, take that car to the mechanic and remove that nonsense time bomb they put there. Your engine should be more precious to you than anything.....

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by alphabbey1(m): 12:59pm On Jun 12, 2022
@op
When i had same AC issue, no seer told me before I ordered brand new Denso compressor from USA. Not even mechanic that repaired Woli Arole's car was able to convince me in switching to manual compressor...... Enjoying my money now to the fullest....
Rule no 1 in car maintenance: Run from kazeem that suggest manual compressor or direct fan connection
God bless dru23 and Mosbus wherever they are

12 Likes

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by Blessingonye: 2:55pm On Jun 12, 2022
alphabbey1:
@op
When i had same AC issue, no seer told me before I ordered brand new Denso compressor from USA. Not even mechanic that repaired Woli Arole's car was able to convince me in switching to manual compressor...... Enjoying my money now to the fullest....
Rule no 1 in car maintenance: Run from kazeem that suggest manual compressor or direct fan connection
Thank you all for your reply. I would remove it tomorrow. Please how can I order the compressor and how much is it. Do you have anyone available.
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by fineboynl(m): 4:17pm On Jun 12, 2022
alphabbey1:

Go to hyundai service centre and buy the factory made compressor. Constructing incompatible Compressor to a car can never have happy ending...

kazeems will swear heaven and earth just to get there profit. Those guys make massive profit with manual compressor, reason why they fully advice it..... in the mean time, take that car to the mechanic and remove that nonsense time bomb they put there. Your engine should be more precious to you than anything.....
hyandai engine that is so expensive And difficult to find na this one dey take play. It better to use the car like that without ac than to be disturbing that engine. I would advise he even forgot about the AC.

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by alphabbey1(m): 4:33pm On Jun 12, 2022
Blessingonye:

Thank you all for your reply. I would remove it tomorrow. Please how can I order the compressor and how much is it. Do you have anyone available.
Check Ebay.... just focus on seller with 99% ratings and get someone to help you buy and bring it here to Nigeria....
Ensure you buy brand new, Tokunbo compressor is a waste of money... avoid automatic tokunbo compressor like plague.......
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by ehmmy11(m): 9:03pm On Jun 12, 2022
Blessingonye:

let that mechanic remove that manual compressor with the speed of light don't turn it on your way to his workshop... insist he remove and replace with the old factory unit and remove any nonsense fabrications he made there ... sir you are playing a very dangerous game with ur engine

Hyundai service center look for it and get the quote get your AC fixed by them pls, forget about ordering online who will fix it ? Same ancient mechanic? Abeg don't be penny wise pound foolish

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by dru23(m): 8:42am On Jun 13, 2022
alphabbey1:
@op

Thank you sir for believing in us ..... We at dru23 appreciate your business........

Always at your service
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by dru23(m): 8:45am On Jun 13, 2022
fineboynl:
hyandai engine that is so expensive And difficult to find na this one dey take play. It better to use the car like that without ac than to be disturbing that engine. I would advise he even forgot about the AC.

Hyundai engine are not that expensive that you are making it out to be ......i had use them in my fleet doing uber .. Elantra to be specific 07 to 08
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by Blessingonye: 10:22am On Jun 13, 2022
[quote author=dru23 post=113752917]

Thank you sir for believing in us ..... We at dru23 appreciate your business........

Always at your service[/quote
Hi. Please do you know the cost of the compressor?
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by Alexsniz(m): 10:47am On Jun 13, 2022
Blessingonye:
Thank

The automatic compressor has an electric sensor that regulates and stabilizes the engine whenever you switch on the AC.
The sensor must be removed from the automatic compressor and constructed together with a relay in the system properly to avoid any complications because the manual compressor don't have that sensor....

Meanwhile I fix car AC here in Abuja contact in my signature

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by dru23(m): 10:58am On Jun 13, 2022
[quote author=Blessingonye post=113755931][/quote]

Is it USA spec accent
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by olumzzz(m): 8:55am On Jun 14, 2022
dru23:

Hyundai engine are not that expensive that you are making it out to be ......i had use them in my fleet doing uber .. Elantra to be specific 07 to 08
Uncle drew, the hyundai in this context is the 2017 accent not an 07 elantra and the engine is expensive.
Op should first arrest and beat up that AC tech that was busy dropping pijo compressor into that car.
Then go buy brand new compressor and condenser for that car.
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by dru23(m): 8:48pm On Jun 14, 2022
olumzzz:

Uncle drew, the hyundai in this context is the 2017 accent not an 07 elantra and the engine is expensive.
Op should first arrest and beat up that AC tech that was busy dropping pijo compressor into that car.

Regardless of type of engine or car.. Cost of car engine has gone up ... Cost of shipping container has gone up .....

But we are not talking about cost of engine in regards to the guy's 2017 accent car ...... When I had my elantra I never had engine issue , but 1 that I had to change. And I was using the cars for uber.. You want to compare uber abuse to normal driving?

So as long as he takes care of the engine he is good to go. And he is not using the car for uber.. So the parts for the car will be relatively the same compare to the car in the same category
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by diportivo: 10:40pm On Jun 14, 2022
olumzzz:

u are patient trying to school that one that doesn't know anything

poster already wrote that the vehicle was bought brand new....what else is there to say?

leave him with his folly.....2017 don turn 2007 in context

he's even busy justifying his claim.by saying engine prices have gone up......engine wey be say na since time immemorial e don dey cause headache

e ku suru o.......iru yi ni naija yi need as agbomola grin
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by 9icetoo(m): 10:48pm On Jun 14, 2022
diportivo:

poster already wrote that the vehicle was bought brand new....what else is there to say?

he's even busy justifying his claim.by saying engine prices have gone up......engine wey be say na since time immemorial e don dey cause headache

If you no speak gbati mgbati, you no know go rest.

How I want take know wetin you talk there now?

Mtchew.

Dru23, you self na wao.

2017 car same with 2007?

As what na?
Hyundai are on their second model or even third from 2007 to 2017 na.

If you get the compressor, tell am say he dey and tell am how much.
Simples. All this long Tory no dey necessary na.

I come in peace oo.
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by dru23(m): 11:18pm On Jun 14, 2022
9icetoo:

Mtchew.

Dru23, you self na wao.

2017 car same with 2007?

As what na?

I come in peace oo.

Hopefully the young man with the 2017 accent can get a brand new compressor .. Preferable a new 1 at most......
Now when I tell people to use the proper a/c gas , it falls on deaf ears. One of the major reason of compressor failure or that contributes to a failing compressor is the substandard a/c freon ......

As the business environment in Nigeria changes for the worse.. We also changing too ..

We will no longer take special orders from customers anymore or help source for items to be shipped.....

Time for everyone to buckle up, as we enter this new era of increase of duty on cars.. Meaning that for now only cars from 2013 will make sense to import.....

On the issue of the 2017 accents Hyundai ... Hyundai Parts are not that extremely expensive that people should not buy it .. That is the point am making here

Car importers and car owners. I wish you all the best . time for me to fasten my seat belt and buckle up.....

A person wey plan ahead get peace of mind......
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:22pm On Jun 14, 2022
Blessingonye:

contact Mosbus, avoid that your mechanic like the plague

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by olumzzz(m): 11:56pm On Jun 14, 2022
9icetoo:

Mtchew.

Dru23, you self na wao.

2017 car same with 2007?

As what na?

I come in peace oo.
Oga, peace is not an option.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by olumzzz(m): 12:01am On Jun 15, 2022
diportivo:

We can't leave him with his folly o.
We need people like him here.
OP said he bought car brand new and has not touched the AC beforehand, but bros dey talk about him campaign on freon.
Now campaign go shift to oyel.
Then to sienna wey him wan containerize.
Dru23 give us another lamba, all these don become stale.

5 Likes

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:36am On Jun 15, 2022
alphabbey1:

Minimum AC repair quote ₦800,000
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:40am On Jun 15, 2022
alphabbey1:

Check Ebay.... just focus on seller with 99% ratings and get someone to help you buy and bring it here to Nigeria....
Ensure you buy brand new, Tokunbo compressor is a waste of money... avoid automatic tokunbo compressor like plague.......

Unlike Toyota, any Hyundai accent or Kia Rio compressor (2012-2017) will fail before 50,000km.

A used compressor is always on its last legs and worse if you do not know the mileage.

3 Likes

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:56am On Jun 15, 2022
Blessingonye:
Thank

There are 3 ways of solving this problem In Nigeria

1. The straight and narrow way.

Buy a brand new compressor, new condenser, and new pipes (yours have been modified and welded) Budget ₦800k-1m

2. The Straight way.

Buy a used compressor (same type) cut and weld your pipes back to former design. (No one will give you a guarantee on the compressor in Nigeria) budget ₦100-150k

3. The crooked way.

Buy a used (semi automatic) compressor usually found in engines with low displacement e.g The Yaris, Suzuki toys, and even the older Rio or accent models. They do not actively engage the engine when the clutch picks up and that eliminates vibrations and stalling.
Cut and weld your pipes to fit. A plate might be used to ensure it fits.
you will not get a guarantee on this compressor.

Budget ₦100k

5 Likes

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by zabimaru: 5:25am On Jun 15, 2022
dru23:

Wtf are you on about?
The 2017 Elantra engine (in the context of discuss) has been expensive since inception.
What has your Uber 07 Elantra got to do with the discussion here? Did you smoke again?

5 Likes

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by dru23(m): 6:01am On Jun 15, 2022
zabimaru:

Wtf are you on about?
The 2017 Elantra engine (in the context of discuss)has been expensive since inception.
What has your Uber 07 Elantra got to do with the discussion here? Did you smoke again?

Expensive how? It is 2017 model, when you compare it to other cars in the same category , it is not expensive that that the owner will have to junk the car ........

If the car is well maintain and all the necessary fluids are used the engine and transmission will last a long time ... That will be is least of his problems ......

Now the compressor is talking about I can get a brand new OEM at the same price range of a Toyota Corolla of the same year.. Funny enough it might be a bit cheaper......
But I no longer take special orders from customers anymore..... And I was not trying to compare my Elantra 2007 to the 2017 accent ....... What am saying is Hyundai engine are generally very strong...

my point is if the engine is maintain , you will not have to worry about engine cost .. That will be the least of the owner's problem....

We can't verify who u are truly .. We don't know what experience you have in Auto business, we don't even know if you have a car.. We can't verify your resume or even contact you

We don't know nothing about u. For all we know u could be a 13year old boy trolling the forum .. So it will be hard to take you serious ......

In my case people can look up my resume and see all the work have done and contribution have made. People have contacted me .......but we can't say the same for you

Below is a 2013 Hyundai that was a closed deal ....i talk the talk and walk the walk ..........my experience speaks for itself

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by Kreamie(m): 6:29am On Jun 15, 2022
;DMy guy!! Denso to the rescue. The wait was worth it? Yes?

alphabbey1:
@op
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by Kreamie(m): 6:31am On Jun 15, 2022
God bless Mosbus especially!

Dru23 is a different breed all together. Correct man from top to bottom!!

My
alphabbey1:
@op

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by dru23(m): 6:35am On Jun 15, 2022
Kreamie:
God bless Mosbus especially!

Dru23 is a different breed all together. Correct man from top to bottom!!

My

We thank you sir for trusting dru23 ..... We aim to please

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today / State of the Highway and Road Travel / Power Steering So Hard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.