Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,562 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family (49508 Views)

Did Chris Ngige Assault ASUU President, Osodeke, In A Meeting? / ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) / ASUU Elects Emmanuel Osodeke As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by oxygeng: 3:16am On Jun 12, 2022
I used to think that; Ordinary Ahmed is a wise fellow and neutral. It's obvious He is just another criminal masquerading as a human right activist. How much is 50 million naira? And what exactly is the money meant for? Spread that amount to the universities in the country and see how much each will receive. It was a plot to discredit the unison's leadership. Shame on Ahmed; and his co-conspirators.

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by DesChyko: 4:40am On Jun 12, 2022
A really poor decision to reject it without express clarification.

It was a charitable donation so it shouldn't be outrightly rejected.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Shancca: 5:07am On Jun 12, 2022
Honlucas:
ASUU is a selfish body that should be disbanded...

wow so i made it to front page..

never give up keep grinding

Do you know what it means to have a PhD unfunded? A professor earning below 500,000 naira (allowance inclusive).

Classrooms designed to accommodate 20 students in the 80s is now meant to take 200 students. Salaries are stagnated and you think 50 million is ASUU's problem? You have update yourself.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Teejay13(m): 5:09am On Jun 12, 2022
We can all now see the kind of leaders Nigeria is grooming. Selfish one for that matter.

What on earth will make the ASUU president to reject the hard earn donation and support from concerned citizens.

This is indeed pure wickedness and insensitive from his part as a leader of the ASUU movement
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by mrrock: 5:27am On Jun 12, 2022
Asour:

Private individuals never donate for lecturers salaries.

I didn't know that only companies made the donations. To fund ASUU's 2023 election campaign?
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:28am On Jun 12, 2022
Donaldkingstin:
How much exactly was raised?

Thank you . That's the question. The #50million was the one donated by the governor. What of the other donations in the account. How much exactly was raised?
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:38am On Jun 12, 2022
Cubby22:
You see media house problem. Ask them to provide you with nvestigation, air it if you have the gut and see if the government won't come after you.

I love your assertion. The Brekete man made it seem ASUU was just a group of greedy, money-hungry men who would jump at 50million. That was very unwise on his part.

Also, why present the 50million cash when there are still other donations coming into the account?

I really commend the ASUU president for not falling for this prank
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Okobola146: 5:45am On Jun 12, 2022
Donaldkingstin:
50 billion naira
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by ikechemez(m): 6:35am On Jun 12, 2022
Raising fund for ASUU is just a quick fix that is not sustainable.

Moreso, funding is just one of many demands of ASUU. Are we also going to improvise for other demands.

Let us use our head and get it right once and for all.

If it's not sustainable then it's not suitable.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Charmingpet: 6:44am On Jun 12, 2022
oxygeng:
I used to think that; Ordinary Ahmed is a wise fellow and neutral. It's obvious He is just another criminal masquerading as a human right activist. How much is 50 million naira? And what exactly is the money meant for? Spread that amount to the universities in the country and see how much each will receive. It was a plot to discredit the unison's leadership. Shame on Ahmed; and his co-conspirators.
always get ur fact right b4 making any comment
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Kinzo0917(m): 6:50am On Jun 12, 2022
FILEBE:
Good intentions but

But 50M out of 1b won't solve ASUU's problem . The govt are insensitive . They will do the same thing next time and be waiting for citizens to donate money. More than 1billion were used in the concluded primaries of these "govt" people.

You see where the problem lies? Nobody should blame Isah or even the ASUU chairman . Isah acted with good intentions. The ASUU chairman knows the money will be the beginning of another problem for them . Except they will deduct the 50m and request the balance from the govt
. Alot of money was donated. That 50m was from akwaibom governor. Ordinary president contributed 10m.madam happiness of happiness computer Abuja, donated 1m and someone else, 1m. So many people donated. I watch d programme everyday
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Humayrah03(f): 7:12am On Jun 12, 2022
Now the students must work for their pockets too
Haryoife:
Their interest is just not for the students anymore
Their are just after their own pockets
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Humayrah03(f): 7:16am On Jun 12, 2022
I think they feel since there issue is with the government, the government must pay not the selfless citizens.
This shows that it's not the money that's their problem maybe they have a hidden grudge no one knows
Teejay13:
We can all now see the kind of leaders Nigeria is grooming. Selfish one for that matter.

What on earth will make the ASUU president to reject the hard earn donation and support from concerned citizens.

This is indeed pure wickedness and insensitive from his part as a leader of the ASUU movement
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by ufotunang: 7:21am On Jun 12, 2022
ASUU is looking is asking for 100 billion naira and you are giving them 50 million naira
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by MDK777: 7:22am On Jun 12, 2022
Those people should stop all this nonsense how could somebody be demanding for a huge sum of money that is up to 3 trillion naira and you are offering him just five billion naira and you want him to suspend the strike are you out of your sense
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by JoshTim: 7:31am On Jun 12, 2022
MyFlair:

Now I know you are capital fool. Oh my God! How old are you.
So you actually think the FG can't settle ASUU case within one day if it is willing to.

And you didn't ask if it were that easy, why would previous governments push it till now.

Ode!
I thought you were smart...but you aren't. You should have kept your mouth shut.

Just stop this.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by ajoks533: 7:35am On Jun 12, 2022
Now I see how and why we have so much problems in this country.
The media and social media is the main problem of this country.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Cromagnon: 7:40am On Jun 12, 2022
Haryoife:
Their interest is just not for the students anymore
Their are just after their own pockets
so you thought they were for students?
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Generalwoodz(m): 7:44am On Jun 12, 2022
[quote author=Bravospiff post=113711889][/quote] super cursed demented soul. ASUU and her palava isn't Ahmed's Brekete Taxi help... The body needs 80b and your hallowed role model through days of organised contributions raised 50mill. Son, sure you're in your right sense?

Go ahead unrestrained with your vibrant display of mental disorders.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 12, 2022
This is a disgrace to this country, this is the right time to impeach some polithiefcians but my dear country people won't protest for something good, if it's about religion, ethnicity and their nonsense LGBT community, They will be wailing like a trapped Wolf. All these polithiefcians are wicked and heartless, them say money no dey nigeria but I never hear say any arm of government went on strike or they haven't received their allowance talkless of their salary, and behold most of my youths are foolishly fighting their self for the benefit of their common enemy (polithiefcian). Imagine a 70 year's shaking grandpa calling himself a youth that if he doesn't become the president no one will become the president and my brainwashed youths are hailing him, don't think your vote will count they always have their means of winning the game what nigeria need is action and revolution.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by tollyboy5(m): 9:14am On Jun 12, 2022
Honlucas:
ASUU is a selfish body that should be disbanded...

wow so i made it to front page..

never give up keep grinding
Ok the if they disband ASUU, it's your criminal politicians that will start lecturing right?
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Ubanz: 9:22am On Jun 12, 2022
I always say it, that ASUU is part of the unending wahala.
The best way to my get out of this quagmire is for the Nigerian students to take to the streets because nothing is ever gonna change.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by FILEBE(m): 10:12am On Jun 12, 2022
Kinzo0917:
. Alot of money was donated. That 50m was from akwaibom governor. Ordinary president contributed 10m.madam happiness of happiness computer Abuja, donated 1m and someone else, 1m. So many people donated. I watch d programme everyday

Not sure it will be up to a billion though.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Everlastingson: 10:44am On Jun 12, 2022
Haryoife:
ASUU Chairman has rejected the money contributed by Berekete Family of Human Rights Radio. Consequently, a direction has been given for the account to be closed and the total money to be refunded to those who donated.

The crowd-funding was initiated by Ahmed Isah, CEO of Human Rights Radio Abuja, to support ASUU in convincing lecturers to suspend the strike.

https://www.thecable.ng/ASUU-president-rejects-brekete-familys-n50m-intervention-fund-to-end-strike/amp

This makes no sense at all. Why would individuals contribute money for the Government? The Government keeps looting, stealing crude oil and making billions of Naira daily, and keeps deceiving you gullible individuals that there's no money, and then you want to contribute to pay for the Government! Are you richer than the Government? The Accountant General who stole over #300B what has the Government don to him? How much does the APC Government steal daily from Nigeria that you want to contribute money for the Government? Have you ever heard such a thing done anywhere in the world? Hypocrites!

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by agadasunday(m): 11:07am On Jun 12, 2022
The fact is that no money was presented to ASUU president yesterday, the 50m was the money donated by Emmanuel Udom as part of his own contribution to the ASUU-breketel fundraising. It just that when the ASUU president was asked to talk about the issue bordering them, baba went straight foward that ASUU is not interested on any fundraising by brrketel that breketl suppose consult them before any tin
. even the 50m was supposed to be picked up by TAJ manager before d end of the program. I don't know y media said "ASUU reject 50m by breketel what of the other money contributed before that day? That's not even the channel to present the money to ASUU. ITS TRU GOVT TO ASUU.

MAKE I TAKE WATER
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Teejay13(m): 12:57pm On Jun 12, 2022
Humayrah03:
I think they feel since there issue is with the government, the government must pay not the selfless citizens.
This shows that it's not the money that's their problem maybe they have a hidden grudge no one knows

To an extent i might agree with you @Humayrah03 but they should atleast consider the plight of the children and there parents.

I have a nephew of mine who just gained admission into FUT Minna, I remember how his dad struggled to pay his tuition fee, as well as secured an accomodation off campus for him, which literally cost about 150000 for just the accomodation alone. The boy hasn't even spent more than 2 months in school before the strike started.

Now as soon as his rent expires, shebi he will have to pay a fresh fee, for a house he has barely lived in.

So obviously the strike has done more than enough damage to both the parents and students.

The ASUU and federal government should do well, by calling off the strike.

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Elvis778(m): 1:45pm On Jun 12, 2022
Donaldkingstin:
₦50M, lol, even if na you, will you accept it?
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Balofariojames: 2:16pm On Jun 12, 2022
It is as ASUU rejected the money,
1. They are not in strick because of money selfishly, if collected can it do any thing.
If collected education would have turn to like power sector where consumer involve in purchase of transformer, poles and meter for PHCN money generation.
Therefore those who think they should have collect it think up side way.
2. Government can borrow to share among them self but to upgrade educational sector it had them while the labour minister will be saying irrelevant things.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Asour: 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2022
mrrock:

I didn't know that only companies made the donations. To fund ASUU's 2023 election campaign?

I don't get your point but even company donations for political purposes aren't tax deductible so most companies don't donate to elections.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Causes Of Poor Academic Performance In School – Most Students Never Admit #8 / How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. / Python Killed In Hostel At The Federal University Otuoke, Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.