Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Son Of God And Son Of Man - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Son Of God And Son Of Man (661 Views)

God And His Angels. / JESUS' TWO NATURES: GOD AND MAN / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Son Of God And Son Of Man by Joagbaje(m): 7:13pm On Jul 20, 2011
. . ,But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth… (Luke 5:24).

Even though He was the Son of God, the Lord Jesus in the days of His earthly ministry often referred to Himself as the Son of Man. Some have wondered how He could be both at the same the time. The explanation for this is simple: He was the Son of God in the sense that He was born of God’s Word; He was the Word of God made flesh:

“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth” (John 1:14).

He called Himself the Son of Man because He came as man’s legal representative. He came to represent man to God, such that whatever judgment God placed on Jesus on account of men’s sins sufficed for the salvation of all men:

“Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed” (Isaiah 53:4-5).

Jesus was man’s legal representative and He knew this about Himself; that’s why He called Himself the Son of Man. He was bold to confess and declare it before God, angels and devils. He wanted everyone to know He was man’s substitute. That’s why when He suffered and died on the Cross, we suffered and died with Him, and when He was buried, we were buried with Him. He suffered and died for our sins, as our substitute, so that we could be free. When God raised Him up, we were raised up together with Him. When He ascended into the presence of God, we were brought into the presence of God where we couldn’t have entered by ourselves.

Now 1 John 4:17 says “…as He is, so are we in this world.”

That means the life, the glory and the name He now has belongs to us. This is the reason the Apostle Paul admonished us in Colossians 3:17 to do all things in the Name of Jesus. So today, we live in the Name of Jesus. When we pray to God, we do in the Name of Jesus. And when you live your life in the Name of Jesus; no sickness or disease can take a hold of your body; and no demon can destroy your life. This is the victory of Christianity!

Confession
I live in absolute victory over sickness, disease and poverty today and always! No weapon of darkness fashioned against me shall ever prosper, because I live in the Name of Jesus! I’ve been delivered from sin, sickness and death, and catapulted into God’s realm of abundant life where I reign victoriously with Christ, everyday, in Jesus’ Name.

Further Study
Hebrews 2:14
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

- pastor chris
Re: Son Of God And Son Of Man by petres007(m): 8:38pm On Jul 20, 2011
Joagbaje:

That means the life, the glory and the name He now has belongs to us. This is the reason the Apostle Paul admonished us in Colossians 3:17 to do all things in the Name of Jesus. So today, we live in the Name of Jesus. When we pray to God, we do in the Name of Jesus. And when you live your life in the Name of Jesus; [size=14pt]no sickness or disease can take a hold of your body;[/size] and no demon can destroy your life. [size=14pt]This is the victory of Christianity![/size]

Sigh undecided
Re: Son Of God And Son Of Man by Sweetnecta: 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2011
@Joeagbaje; « on: Today at 07:13:21 PM »
[Quote]. . ,But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth… (Luke 5:24).

Even though He was the Son of God, the Lord Jesus in the days of His earthly ministry often referred to Himself as the Son of Man. Some have wondered how He could be both at the same the time. The explanation for this is simple: He was the Son of God in the sense that He was born of God’s Word; He was the Word of God made flesh:[/Quote]as to the bold who said this in its original; Jesus or Luke? the answer you give will begin to shape your final conclusion. that verse did not say 'son of God', so your [even though he was son of God] is your own conjecture.

[Quote]“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth” (John 1:14).

He called Himself the Son of Man because He came as man’s legal representative. He came to represent man to God, such that whatever judgment God placed on Jesus on account of men’s sins sufficed for the salvation of all men:[/Quote]from the sentence construct, how can you say for sure Jesus was the speaker and not an over zealot John? after all, Jesus was already lift off the face of the earth before the NT was ever penned.

[Quote]“Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed” (Isaiah 53:4-5).

Jesus was man’s legal representative and He knew this about Himself; that’s why He called Himself the Son of Man. He was bold to confess and declare it before God, angels and devils. He wanted everyone to know He was man’s substitute. That’s why when He suffered and died on the Cross, we suffered and died with Him, and when He was buried, we were buried with Him. He suffered and died for our sins, as our substitute, so that we could be free. When God raised Him up, we were raised up together with Him. When He ascended into the presence of God, we were brought into the presence of God where we couldn’t have entered by ourselves.[/Quote]the persevered John son of Zacharias, suffered more and complained less than Jesus son of Mary. Is Isiah speaking about the complaining and not so patient Jesus but John or some other person?

[Quote]Now 1 John 4:17 says “…as He is, so are we in this world.”

That means the life, the glory and the name He now has belongs to us. This is the reason the Apostle Paul admonished us in Colossians 3:17 to do all things in the Name of Jesus. So today, we live in the Name of Jesus. When we pray to God, we do in the Name of Jesus. And when you live your life in the Name of Jesus; no sickness or disease can take a hold of your body; and no demon can destroy your life. This is the victory of Christianity![/Quote]this is lousy. who wrote Colossians? anyone known by Jesus son of Mary?

[Quote]Confession
I live in absolute victory over sickness, disease and poverty today and always! No weapon of darkness fashioned against me shall ever prosper, because I live in the Name of Jesus! I’ve been delivered from sin, sickness and death, and catapulted into God’s realm of abundant life where I reign victoriously with Christ, everyday, in Jesus’ Name.[/Quote]any christian can be sure that this applies to him or her because the holy messenger [AS] declares that every disease has a cure except death, which every soul will taste. i know you are preaching prosperity gospel. wealthiest man on earth today is not a christian. some of the poorest countries on earth practice christianity.

[Quote]Further Study
Hebrews 2:14
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

- pastor chris[/Quote]while you are glutting on flesh and blood of another man, how does the above make any moral sense? is no one dying anymore or responsible for his or her own action?

Jesus lived a live of a man elected by God to carry His Message to his people. this is why he had no followers except the children of israel. his message was not the message that ends all messages, the reason he spoke about the another comforter who is also a spirit of truth like him coming forth from God. such a spirit of truth is nothing but a mortal messenger of God. it is human that God sends to humans. He does not send Himself to humans. why would he do things that are not befitting His Honor?
Re: Son Of God And Son Of Man by Enigma(m): 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2011
Joagbaje:

That means the life, the glory and the name He now has belongs to us. This is the reason the Apostle Paul admonished us in Colossians 3:17 to do all things in the Name of Jesus. So today, we live in the Name of Jesus. When we pray to God, we do in the Name of Jesus. And when you live your life in the Name of Jesus; no sickness or disease can take a hold of your body; and no demon can destroy your life. This is the victory of Christianity!

petres_007:

Sigh undecided

^^^ Well, what do you expect? It is the shallow and fraudulent theology of the prosperity "gospel" after all!
Re: Son Of God And Son Of Man by Joagbaje(m): 3:26pm On Jul 21, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Joeagbaje; « on: Today at 07:13:21 PM »as to the bold who said this in its original; Jesus or Luke? the answer you give will begin to shape your final conclusion. that verse did not say 'son of God', so your [even though he was son of God] is your own conjecture.

from the sentence construct, how can you say for sure Jesus was the speaker and not an over zealot John? after all, Jesus was already lift off the face of the earth before the NT was ever penned.

the persevered John son of Zacharias, suffered more and complained less than Jesus son of Mary. Is Isiah speaking about the complaining and not so patient Jesus but John or some other person?

this is lousy. who wrote Colossians? anyone known by Jesus son of Mary?

I'm still trying to get the head and tail of your post. grin

. i know you are preaching prosperity gospel. wealthiest man on earth today is not a christian. some of the poorest countries on earth practice christianity.

I preach Jesus dude. cool
Re: Son Of God And Son Of Man by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 23, 2011
poster, go find better things to do than worry yourself about people you not sure they even once existed

(1) (Reply)

Queen Vashti: My Attitude,my Altitude / A Good Drummer Urgently Needed - not needed anymore pls note!!! / Eddie Long Apologizes To Jews For Being Crowned 'King'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.