Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed (1592 Views)

DSS Smashes Prof. Abdulkadir Mohammed's Car Windscreen, ASUU Heads To Court / Meet Mohammed Akanbi, KWASU VC: The Youngest Vice Chancellor In Nigeria / Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by sinkhole: 8:09pm On Jun 15, 2022
The Federal Government has given indications that the lingering tussle between it and the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) is complex.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, said this on Wednesday after the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting chaired by President Muhammadu Buhari.

He said that in spite of the complexities, a lot is being done behind the scene to resolve the issues.

The minister argued that the Federal Government is concerned about the protracted issues with the lecturers and will continue to work to find an early resolution to the problem.

ASUU embarked on its latest nationwide strike since February 14 over issues bothering the adoption of the Integrated Personnel Payroll Information System (IPPIS), non-payment of salaries and allowances, and poor funding of universities among others.

As part of moves to end the four-month-old strike, the government and officials of the union continued their negotiations on Monday.

The meeting between the striking lecturers and the Professor Nimi Briggs Committee, however, ended without a concrete agreement as members planned to reconvene within 24 hours to consider a draft agreement.

Talks between both parties were held at the Nigeria University Commission (NUC) in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

A senior member of the union, who attended the meeting, told Channels Television that they reached some agreements with the Federal Government but members had to take a break and reconvene within 24 hours to consider the new terms in the draft agreement.

The Federal Government set up the committee led by Professor Briggs on March 7 with a three-month mandate to renegotiate the 2009 ASUU/Federal Government agreement.

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/06/15/ASUU-issue-not-as-simple-as-it-seems-lai-mohammed/

Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by Privatepart00: 8:11pm On Jun 15, 2022
Lai Lai surfaced from no where after APC presidential primary election

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by sinkhole: 8:13pm On Jun 15, 2022
This is really a very bad sign!
The strike may still drag for long cry cry

1 Like

Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by Ebubu4: 8:17pm On Jun 15, 2022
sinkhole:
This is really a very bad sign!
The strike may still drag for long cry cry
shake my head. People who wrote JAMB last year have not resumed. The current year 1 in my school wrote JAMB last 2years(two years ago). No cap. Ask Uniuyo students.

Last year Jamb are yet to be admitted, this year have written Jamb.

Lmao

1 Like

Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by Damscodammy1(m): 8:19pm On Jun 15, 2022
Der fada
Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by bibianna(f): 8:29pm On Jun 15, 2022
Why can't they approach the international banks they always borrow from to settle ASUU?
Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by Emma2Seconds: 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2022
angry
Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by Emma2Seconds: 8:38pm On Jun 15, 2022
Comrade no be lie! Unijos students never start at all for those of that two years jambite
Ebubu4:
shake my head. People who wrote JAMB last year have not resumed. The current year 1 in my school wrote JAMB last 2years(two years ago). No cap. Ask Uniuyo students.

Lmao
Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by 01Casper: 8:42pm On Jun 15, 2022
Jeopardy
Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by Ebubu4: 8:42pm On Jun 15, 2022
bibianna:
Why can't they approach the international banks they always borrow from to settle ASUU?
i swear
Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by Rastaramsey(m): 8:44pm On Jun 15, 2022
T
Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by whippersnapper(m): 8:58pm On Jun 15, 2022
ASUU is useless. It will never benefit an average student nor has it. The only fight for their pockets
Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by EnablerOne: 10:12pm On Jun 15, 2022
Ebubu4:

Lmao

Pathetic! God have mercy.
Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by Bigfish121(m): 10:12pm On Jun 15, 2022
ASUU is in strike and admission process is on.what a shame.This country is really useless.
Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by EnablerOne: 10:14pm On Jun 15, 2022
So did they reconvene? I have not seen that part in the news - whether they reconvene or not after the 24hrs.

Only if they know how frustrating the strike is to students and alike.
Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by modskiller(m): 2:11am On Jun 16, 2022
It will never be simple for all of you and your generations.
Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by ThinkSmarter: 4:04am On Jun 16, 2022
Even though, some of the demands of ASUU are of utmost importance.
But they should do well to abide by the FG decision on IPPIS, you can't dictate for your employer.
IPPIS, just like BVN are technology meant to curb corruption in the civil service and banking sector.
Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by clockwisereport: 5:02am On Jun 16, 2022
Ebubu4:

Lmao
same with ABU Zaria
Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by robinso01(m): 6:39am On Jun 16, 2022
Welcome back lai mohammed.we missed ur lies

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by sharpwriter(m): 7:28am On Jun 16, 2022
Always available on controversial matters... But let's leave ASUU for now. Lai Mohammed, where have you been?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by sinkhole: 7:37am On Jun 16, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
Even though, some of the demands of ASUU are of utmost importance.
But they should do well to abide by the FG decision on IPPIS, you can't dictate for your employer.
IPPIS, just like BVN are technology meant to curb corruption in the civil service and banking sector.
Did you say "curb corruption"?
I think you should say, "shift corruption" cheesy
IPPIS is just a corruption shifting technology!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by sinkhole: 7:46am On Jun 16, 2022
EnablerOne:
So did they reconvene? I have not seen that part in the news - whether they reconvene or not after the 24hrs.

Only if they know how frustrating the strike is to students and alike.
No need to loose hope so soon!
There are some offers made by FG and the ASUU branches may be meeting next week to consider those offers.
The only problem is that we may now be looking at July/August, for any reasonable outcome.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by golor(m): 8:38am On Jun 16, 2022
sinkhole:
No need to loose hope so soon!
There are some offers made by FG and the ASUU branches may be meeting next week to consider those offers.
The only problem is that we may now be looking at July/August, for any reasonable outcome.

Las las nothing concern me ..I just pray non teaching staff accept government proposal and call of strike tomorrow so I can get my transcript..na my official transcript I need from federal university nothing more

Below is the chat btw my lecturer and I

1 Like

Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by golor(m): 9:36am On Jun 16, 2022
ExArmyMan:
na your Lecturer you call boss?

Yes of course. I am not an undergraduate. I left school since 2017 . I am following this strike cause of my transcript for my scholarship to Canada. What do you want me to call him God !!! I call him sir or boss

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by tayewomi(m): 10:24am On Jun 16, 2022
golor:

Las las nothing concern me ..I just pray non teaching staff accept government proposal and call of strike tomorrow so I can get my transcript..na my official transcript I need from federal university nothing more

Below is the chat btw my lecturer and I
thank God,e no easy since February..
Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by Dvdpity: 10:56am On Jun 16, 2022
This APC government has given Nigerians nightmares, all these politicians children are outside the country studying in expensive universities where their government funded Very well and university staff well paid with students on various scholarship opportunities. APC government has been lying to Nigerians, deciveing Nigerians here and there. The want to kill education in Nigeria so that their children who schooled in a well funded university overseas will continue to rule, because half educated people are more dangerous and myopic than uneducated ones.

Standard education is the Life wire of all developed nations in the whole world.

Nigerians vote out these APC regime that has totally crippled you people from development. Vote out these bloody APC regime.

Let the deciveing end.
Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by Hueyreckless0007: 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2022
Dvdpity:
This APC government has given Nigerians nightmares, all these politicians children are outside the country studying in expensive universities where their government funded Very well and university staff well paid with students on various scholarship opportunities. APC government has been lying to Nigerians, deciveing Nigerians here and there. The want to kill education in Nigeria so that their children who schooled in a well funded university overseas will continue to rule, because half educated people are more dangerous and myopic than uneducated ones.

Standard education is the Life wire of all developed nations in the whole world.

Nigerians vote out these APC regime that has totally crippled you people from development. Vote out these bloody APC regime.

Let the deciveing end.
Everything you have said is apt.
This APC government has been nothing but a disaster and a nightmare.

Their children school in big schools abroad, graduate at a very young age, come back to the country and get good jobs.

Its really annoying seeing the way they are handling the ASUU issue.

I just pray Nigerians use their common sense this time around and vote the right person.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Issue Not As Simple As It Seems – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 16, 2022
Crase pple

(1) (2) (Reply)

Government Can’t Fund Universities Anymore” – FG Declares / On Disparity Between Bsc. And HND / Prof. Francis Idachaba Id Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.