Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,269 members, 7,829,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Moving To Delta State - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving To Delta State (3643 Views)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria / Moving To Norway Soonest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving To Delta State by Nibritish(f): 7:59pm On Jul 21, 2011
Hey guys, I wanted to know your opinion, basically, I'm thinking of taking my daughter to Nigeria , Delta state to be exact to live with my mum and her family, I would love for my daughter to know Nigeria well and to school there, the problem is I'm so worried about the safety there, I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to my daughter, I don't mean by my family, because they are really nice and I love them, I'm just more concerned with kidnappings and armed robberies that take place,  I have spoken to some people about it, some say yes it's a good idea and others are against it and think I am taking a big risk,  Can anyone advice me on what to do, would really appreciate it
Re: Moving To Delta State by ojdollars(m): 9:19pm On Jul 21, 2011
@Nibritish, How old is your daughter? Where does your family live?, The best place to Live in Warri Delta State is

#1. St.Mary's Area
#2. Bendel Estate Area
#3. Ogunu or Mopol Base Area
#4. Ajamimogha (Where we have word of life bible church)
#5. Court 4 area near Ogunu
#6. Ogboroke
#7. Edjeba (Where most shell workers lives)
#8. Ugbangwe area (Big boys and girls of Itsekiri lives here)
#9. Kotokoto New Layout Udu Local Govt.

This is where she won't miss up with bad eggs and she can join any of the Redeem Christian Church Of God, Winners Chapel, Christ Embassy, God's Grace Ministry and any other local Bible believing churches around.

Just ask me anything you want to know and I will tell you.

WAFFI - DEAY HAIL YOU smiley
Re: Moving To Delta State by Nibritish(f): 10:06pm On Jul 21, 2011
ojdollars, thanks for your advice, appreciated, my family are living in Ekpan, i visited there in April, and it seemed fine the house is secure where she will be staying, she is 14 years of age, I know that there are some bad eggs in the area but what is your overall opinion, I'm feeling paranoid about all this boko haram business, i know its all happening in the North but im scared it will come to warri undecided , I don't know much about the place or Nigeria for that matter, was my first visit in April, my family have reassured me she will be fine that the area is safe, I need my mind put at rest, as a mother I worry!
Re: Moving To Delta State by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 21, 2011
Nibritish, I've got some questions to ask you.

1) How old is your daughter?
2) Has she lived in Nigeria before?
3) Are you taking her to Nigeria, and leaving her there?
4) Do you have any other children, if yes, are you separating them from your daughter?
5) And lastly - what's your daughter's take on this?
Re: Moving To Delta State by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 21, 2011
Nibritish:

I don't know much about the place or Nigeria for that matter, was my first visit in April

Now this bit worries me. Why would you leave your child in a place you yourself aren't familiar with? From what you've posted, you yourself have doubts and concerns. Why can't she stay with you and your husband? At least she'll be in a place both yourself and your daughter are familiar with. Leaving your daughter in the unknown is what I don't understand. Is there any mounting pressure for her to live apart from you?

1 Like

Re: Moving To Delta State by ojdollars(m): 12:05am On Jul 22, 2011
@Nibritish, The Truth is, There is a serious Curfew in Ekpan right now, ask your Family about the Curfew, there has been a fight for power in the Region, they are all against PDP and it's rule, so right now, Soldiers are everywhere there, I do go to that area sometimes, but Ekpan, It has a Question ? mark ooh. That's not a place to raise a kid one bit, people die there because of this unending bloody fight that comes up sometimes in the area. Don't you have any other Family anywhere in those places I listed? Or is there no other place that you have any siblings, you can drop me your email so I can send you my phone number for further discussion and advice about this, if it's really serious. I will give you a perfect adv on what to do best if you care to talk about it. Drop it here or your FB Name or so.

OJDollars

PS: Boko Haram cannot come to Warri, nor even think am for a min, this city has fought several crisis in the past and peace has come to stay, so if na violence in terms of national matters, forget it.
Re: Moving To Delta State by Homeyfav: 4:46am On Apr 05, 2018
Re: Moving To Delta State by asiwaju1981: 4:43pm On Sep 07, 2018
[quote author=ojdollars post=8763621]@Nibritish, How old is your daughter? Where does your family live?, The best place to Live in Warri Delta State is

#1. St.Mary's Area
#2. Bendel Estate Area
#3. Ogunu or Mopol Base Area
#4. Ajamimogha (Where we have word of life bible church)
#5. Court 4 area near Ogunu
#6. Ogboroke
#7. Edjeba (Where most shell workers lives)
#8. Ugbangwe area (Big boys and girls of Itsekiri lives here)
#9. Kotokoto New Layout Udu Local Govt.

This is where she won't miss up with bad eggs and she can join any of the Redeem Christian Church Of God, Winners Chapel, Christ Embassy, God's Grace Ministry and any other local Bible believing churches around.

Just ask me anything you want to know and I will tell you.

WAFFI - DEAY HAIL YOU smiley
[/qu

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Colombia Embassy In Nigeria / Bus To Sagamu From Lagos / Is Aba Unsafe For Expats?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.