Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,693 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Is This A Career Red Flag? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is This A Career Red Flag? (16009 Views)

If Your Interviewer Doesn’t Say These Things, It’s A Red Flag / Job Seekers, Is This A Red Flag? Kidnappers Alert! / What’s A Red Flag When Looking For A Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This A Career Red Flag? by YourBestWriter: 12:48pm On Jun 17, 2022
During a telephone call invite for an interview for a sales position, the man asked me (the applicant) if I have a question (this was after he explained the job position I will be interviewed on).

So, I'll like to know if asking just one question is bad because that's what I did, and I feel like I should have asked more questions.

However, i wasn't prepared to ask any question, so I asked if cold calls can be talked about during the interview (since I knew the interview is going to be a PowerPoint presentation about sales)
Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by sammybest889(m): 2:24pm On Jun 17, 2022
*****TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN****

Make I try sound like a sensible human being first..in order not to disgrace myself and my generation unborn

As in from your post (I think you said after d interview "U WERE ASK IF ANY QUESTION FROM THE MANAGEMENT" And you reply yes!! To me no problems I think the benefits of communication is to get feedback (that is the respondent has digested the information and they is a need to respond on such information)

But the part dat got me was when u say u were not really ready for question(that is to ask questions) and now u are saying you ask one questions

Let me leave this to the hands of my other comrade below me I think they have something to say

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by Skyfornia(m): 2:24pm On Jun 17, 2022
My brother leave all these things.. if grace dey your side, if you like tell the interviewer shut up.. you will still get the job. I'm talking from experience.

10 Likes

Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by jabberjawz: 2:24pm On Jun 17, 2022
Giving you the opportunity to ask questions during interview is a sure way to measure how you would ...

1) communicate with colleagues on the job.

2) take the lead during meetings or presentation.

3) Project & represent the organization in internal/external forums.... especially if the organization is an international organization.

4) it's a sure way for hiring managers to measure your personal demeanor/ability to hold or engage in technical or sound conversations that will add value to the organization.

You should have prepared at least 2 questions to ask the panel .....or in this case, ask a follow up question to the one you asked already.....that way, you are letting your interview panel to know that you did some level of homework before the interview...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by Ancecoker(m): 2:24pm On Jun 17, 2022
I am using this medium to rain curses on those that came to steal my Lutian 3600 big generator in the early hours of today that God of Elijah will strick them down and expose them in Jesus name... So sad cry

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by bmdmix15: 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2022
Yes
Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by Jaidobalo: 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2022
Asking just one question is not a red flag
Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by Tifesingz: 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2022
undecided
Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by gbaskiboy: 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2022
You should prepare for yourself any time any day
Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by clothingonline(m): 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2022
True its happening
Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by Sleyanya1(m): 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2022
From the content of your post it is quite difficult to judge if "It's actually a career red flag."

In my opinion it was a harmless question and one that should even inform the interviewer that you are quite familiar with the business of the day.

It all boils down to what you really want for yourself and the determination to achieving it.

Also, asking too many questions in an interview as an interviewee would rather be a red flag.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by bigdammyj: 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2022
No.
Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by Ballzproblemm: 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2022
I don't think so , you are probably paranoid ,wish good luck

1 Like

Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by Marketgists(f): 2:26pm On Jun 17, 2022
You should have ask the price of diesel in his area

4 Likes

Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by Dollywood(m): 2:26pm On Jun 17, 2022
You're behaving like you're a nursery school student. Have no fear and believe you done made it through.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by Godada(m): 2:27pm On Jun 17, 2022
Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by paulolee(m): 2:27pm On Jun 17, 2022
happy weekend guys
Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by megamank(m): 2:28pm On Jun 17, 2022
He gave u an opportunity why not use it... You should ask what ever u are not clear about but do not ask questions that will make u look incompetent on the Job you are about to be hired for...
Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by pheelhip(m): 2:28pm On Jun 17, 2022
YourBestWriter:
During a telephone call invite for an interview for a sales position, the man asked me (the applicant) if I have a question (this was after he explained the job position I will be interviewed on).

So, I'll like to know if asking just one question is bad because that's what I did, and I feel like I should have asked more questions.

However, i wasn't prepared to ask any question, so I asked if cold calls can be talked about during the interview (since I knew the interview is going to be a PowerPoint presentation about sales)

Asking one question is not bad, it's shows you really understand all he's discussed with you. Hence no room for unnecessary questioning and number of questions is not a factor to be considered.

But 2 to 3 questions would have been better but you did no wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by Chaos14: 2:29pm On Jun 17, 2022
Yes, which means you are not even enlighted enough for the job and No, because it is very immature to use that against you
Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by OboOlora(f): 2:30pm On Jun 17, 2022
Ok
Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by Awoleesu(m): 2:30pm On Jun 17, 2022
The number of questions you asked is not as important a factor as the quality of the question.

Such matrices as how intelligent, relevant, engaging and productive your questions are, determine how your interviewer may perceive and/or score you.

So, if for instance, an interviewee asked just one engaging and pertinent question, s/he may be scored higher than another interviewee who asked multiple but irrelevant and sterile questions.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by chibu4u2(m): 2:31pm On Jun 17, 2022
Ancecoker:
I am using this medium to rain curses on those that came to steal my Lutian 3600 big generator in the early hours of today that God of Elijah will strick them down and expose them in Jesus name... So sad cry

See wahala oh!. Full gen lose just like that. Big gen for that matter no be even I pass my neighbour.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by opribo(m): 2:31pm On Jun 17, 2022
Stay were you will have peace of mind.
Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by OboOlora(f): 2:32pm On Jun 17, 2022
Next time, just say you don’t have any question because the website already answered most of the questions you had.

However, you would like to know the off-the-book requirements to make you excel at the new role
Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by Ogbodavies(m): 2:33pm On Jun 17, 2022
if na ur job..e go b ur job.. irrespective of questions asked.
get ur PVC

1 Like

Re: Is This A Career Red Flag? by money121(m): 2:36pm On Jun 17, 2022
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

FBN Capital / The Nigerian Navy Monthly Salary And Allowance | See Naval Officers Ranks / QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.