Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Must Read If You Want To Study Medicine 2023 And Beyond. Education 101!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Must Read If You Want To Study Medicine 2023 And Beyond. Education 101!!! (751 Views)

Between Oou And Lautech Which Of This uni Is Better To Study Medicine / 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad / Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Read If You Want To Study Medicine 2023 And Beyond. Education 101!!! by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:01am On Jun 18, 2022
Back in the days Nigerian Doctors behaved larger than life. Studying Medicine was a gateway to untold finances, respect and favour. As such many Doctors carried themselves as demi-gods, and would not allow anyone hear word. They often made post every other month on Nairaland heaping praises on themselves.

With the turn of event, most Doctors are now the humblest people you can see. Some of them keep saying "yes sir" a hundred times to you for absolutely no reason. Most of them are underemployed in private hospital, struggling to keep head above water.

The absence of government jobs have enslaved many who now put bye with substandard health centres earning less than 150k a month, and yet work 24hours, 30 days per month, 12 months a year. For the financial record, this is far less than the salary of an 8hours shift sales girl in a standard boutique, as their 150k divided by 8 hours gives 50k. So comparative to the sales girl who earns 60k working for 8hours the MBBS doctors earns 10k less. Oh my gosh! Those who eventually squeeze their way into state owned hospitals now have to grapple with unpayed or slashed salaries for months.

Don't get me wrong, the economic hardship hits majority of ordinary Nigerians, but Doctors are by far the most hit. After spending 6-8years of study, with probably more intense and didactic study and exams than any other undergraduate in Nigeria, and proceeding to another year of house job and service, what they get out of this is pathetic. The president does not give a hoot, their big uncle Dr Ngige has dismissed them long ago, so they are basically humbled beings.

To understand the situation better tech boys who did a year or two professional mentorship, sociologists who specialize in HR, accountants, lawyers, farmers can potentially earn 4 -5 times more than these "book worm". Parents, for the love of having a Doctor child emptied their accounts and sent some of their children to Ukraine, Russia, and the West Indies. I only wonder how they feel, as their over 10million investment is not yielding up to 500k.

What Doctors do nowadays is escape. Apart from students, the next set of people that populate embassies these days are Nigerian Doctors. Almost 1 in 5 people you would meet at the UK British visa application centre are Doctors. IELT center nko? Doctors have overwhelmed that place and have probably provided IELTs and OET the most revenue among any other professionals. I know doctors who have taken IELTs more than 3 times, yet keep flocking these centres, as if escaping is a do or die affair.

Life is beyond "I must be a doctor", all those years of packaging, nothing commot inside, except escaping to be a fugitive in another man's land. My thoughts and prayers go out to all struggling medic, that the Lord provides their next meal and shelter, and that their hustle pays off in the end. Amen

Your brother

Sgt PonziHater
Re: Must Read If You Want To Study Medicine 2023 And Beyond. Education 101!!! by Legendforte: 9:11am On Jun 18, 2022
It is well
Re: Must Read If You Want To Study Medicine 2023 And Beyond. Education 101!!! by Honourary: 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2022
Re: Must Read If You Want To Study Medicine 2023 And Beyond. Education 101!!! by Honourary: 2:39pm On Jun 19, 2022
This post seems like you trying to discourage aspirants.No offence man,
these same factors applies to all other professions in Nigeria, notwithstanding medicine is still one of the best courses to study in Nigeria and any other part of the world.
Re: Must Read If You Want To Study Medicine 2023 And Beyond. Education 101!!! by KINGJAJA888(m): 5:59pm On Jun 19, 2022
This Rubbish definitely does not Apply to Radiography and Radiographers. We are well to do. Lol.
Re: Must Read If You Want To Study Medicine 2023 And Beyond. Education 101!!! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 19, 2022
Vawulence coming soon grin

Anytime I see someone struggling to get to study medicine in Nigeria trying many times. I feel sorry for them especially someone like me that is not from a not-so-well-to-do family thinking studying medicine and surgery will land you in eldorado undecided but after seeing how life is I know it is not by an MBBs degree. The vicissitudes of life has no iota of respect for your MBBS or MBBch degree. ✌️
Re: Must Read If You Want To Study Medicine 2023 And Beyond. Education 101!!! by Dedekc: 10:51pm On Jun 19, 2022
[quote author=sgtponzihater1 post=113909481]Back in the days Nigerian Doctors behaved larger than life. Studying Medicine was a gateway to untold finances, respect and favour. As such many Doctors carried themselves as demi-gods, and would not allow anyone hear word. They often made post every other month on Nairaland heaping praises on themselves.

With the turn of event, most Doctors are now the humblest people you can see. Some of them keep saying "yes sir" a hundred times to you for absolutely no reason. Most of them are underemployed in private hospital, struggling to keep head above water.

The absence of government jobs have enslaved many who now put bye with substandard health centres earning less than 150k a month, and yet work 24hours, 30 days per month, 12 months a year. For the financial record, this is far less than the salary of an 8hours shift sales girl in a standard boutique, as their 150k divided by 8 hours gives 50k. So comparative to the sales girl who earns 60k working for 8hours the MBBS doctors earns 10k less. Oh my gosh! Those who eventually squeeze their way into state owned hospitals now have to grapple with unpayed or slashed salaries for months.

Don't get me wrong, the economic hardship hits majority of ordinary Nigerians, but Doctors are by far the most hit. After spending 6-8years of study, with probably more intense and didactic study and exams than any other undergraduate in Nigeria, and proceeding to another year of house job and service, what they get out of this is pathetic. The president does not give a hoot, their big uncle Dr Ngige has dismissed them long ago, so they are basically humbled beings.

To understand the situation better tech boys who did a year or two professional mentorship, sociologists who specialize in HR, accountants, lawyers, farmers can potentially earn 4 -5 times more than these "book worm". Parents, for the love of having a Doctor child emptied their accounts and sent some of their children to Ukraine, Russia, and the West Indies. I only wonder how they feel, as their over 10million investment is not yielding up to 500k.

What Doctors do nowadays is escape. Apart from students, the next set of people that populate embassies these days are Nigerian Doctors. Almost 1 in 5 people you would meet at the UK British visa application centre are Doctors. IELT center nko? Doctors have overwhelmed that place and have probably provided IELTs and OET the most revenue among any other professionals. I know doctors who have taken IELTs more than 3 times, yet keep flocking these centres, as if escaping is a do or die affair.

Life is beyond "I must be a doctor", all those years of packaging, nothing commot inside, except escaping to be a fugitive in another man's land. My thoughts and prayers go out to all struggling medic, that the Lord provides their next meal and shelter, and that their hustle pays off in the end. Amen

Your brother

Sgt PonziHater[/quote
Re: Must Read If You Want To Study Medicine 2023 And Beyond. Education 101!!! by Emma2Seconds: 7:12am On Jun 20, 2022
Comrade which school u dey
KINGJAJA888:
This Rubbish definitely does not Apply to Radiography and Radiographers. We are well to do. Lol.
Re: Must Read If You Want To Study Medicine 2023 And Beyond. Education 101!!! by Lordsagna: 1:06pm On Oct 04, 2022
sgtponzihater1:
Back in the days Nigerian Doctors behaved larger than life. Studying Medicine was a gateway to untold finances, respect and favour. As such many Doctors carried themselves as demi-gods, and would not allow anyone hear word. They often made post every other month on Nairaland heaping praises on themselves.

Your brother

Sgt PonziHater
The sad reality.
Re: Must Read If You Want To Study Medicine 2023 And Beyond. Education 101!!! by Eben331: 8:27pm On Aug 03, 2023
sgtponzihater1:

Your brother

Sgt PonziHater

It is like you have issues with doctors. I noticed that you have been posting denigrating posts like this for some years.

Don't you have any other thing to do with your life rather than this?
Re: Must Read If You Want To Study Medicine 2023 And Beyond. Education 101!!! by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:45pm On Aug 03, 2023
Eben331:

It is like you have issues with doctors. I noticed that you have been posting denigrating posts like this for some years.

Don't you have any other thing to do with your life rather than this?

This post is over a year ago, so apologies if it still offends you. Going forward I have taken a more balance approach to life, and believe that all jobs are equally important, except illegal and immoral jobs.
Re: Must Read If You Want To Study Medicine 2023 And Beyond. Education 101!!! by UnfairLife7(m): 9:43pm On Aug 03, 2023
sgtponzihater1:

This post is over a year ago, so apologies if it still offends you. Going forward I have taken a more balance approach to life, and believe that all jobs are equally important, except illegal and immoral jobs.

medicine remains the best course in Nigeria. And it is one of the course to study and escape poverty as a poor Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Must Read If You Want To Study Medicine 2023 And Beyond. Education 101!!! by ahzNigeria: 1:04pm On Aug 04, 2023
Study postgraduate courses in the UK, get FREE counselling and FULL support here: https://ahzassociates.co.uk
Re: Must Read If You Want To Study Medicine 2023 And Beyond. Education 101!!! by Eben331: 11:23pm On Aug 30, 2023
sgtponzihater1:

Good you have come to realize that and I wish you the best in all your pursuits.
Re: Must Read If You Want To Study Medicine 2023 And Beyond. Education 101!!! by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:55pm On Aug 30, 2023
Eben331:

Good you have come to realize that and I wish you the best in all your pursuits.

Thanks, all the best in your study and career as well.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Datti Speaks On The Muslim-Muslim Ticket For The First Time / Little Advice For Oou Post Ume Test / Bermuda Triangle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.