Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Best Airline To Travel From US To Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best Airline To Travel From US To Nigeria? (5495 Views)

See How Much It Cost To Travel From Lagos To New York In The Good Old Days(pic) / GOL Airline To Begin Flights To Lagos / Best Airline In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Airline To Travel From US To Nigeria? by comechop(m): 5:41am On Feb 22, 2006
I wanna come see ma family that i havent seen in like 2 yrs!! I came here with Virgin Atlantic, but i wanna know which airline do u guys think is the best in terms of customer service, comfort, and price.
Re: Best Airline To Travel From US To Nigeria? by Txlonghorn(m): 5:51am On Feb 22, 2006
I just bought a ticket from SLC-SFO-FRA-ABV round trip with United/Lufthansa for $1465 from ASAP.com check em' out.
Re: Best Airline To Travel From US To Nigeria? by Seun(m): 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2006
Is $1465 for just a journey cheap by any standards? You people are too rich!!
Re: Best Airline To Travel From US To Nigeria? by Hotstepper(f): 2:21pm On Aug 04, 2006
@Txlonghorn , when are you going to Naija?
Re: Best Airline To Travel From US To Nigeria? by Hunter(m): 8:52am On Aug 06, 2006
Seun:

Is $1465 for just a journey cheap by any standards? You people are too rich!!

Seun that's incredibly cheap for a segment like that. It costs about $2400 Econ from here to lagos and buisness class (which you want for such a long trip) is $10,000

(return)

I've flown on lufthansa but not united and they were totally crap, no personal screen in econmey, unfriendly staff. Meals that could of been dogfood previously. Avoid like the plague. Usually British Airways is a similar price with better features, even KLM/AIRFRANCE would be a better pick,
Re: Best Airline To Travel From US To Nigeria? by ToddTerry: 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2006
another thing to keep in mind is the french are racist so they have terrible service on air france. i would pick british air or lufthansa before air france. heard too many bad stories about the worst service.
Re: Best Airline To Travel From US To Nigeria? by omonozozo(m): 5:13pm On Aug 07, 2006
another thing to keep in mind is the french are racist so they have terrible service on air france.  i would pick british air or lufthansa before air france.  heard too many bad stories about the worst service.

You are quite right. this is an appeal to all Nigerians, please boycott Air France in other to restore African dignity. They are racist.

Thank you please!
Re: Best Airline To Travel From US To Nigeria? by OldGlory1(m): 5:35pm On Aug 07, 2006
Comechop

It depends which city you are flying into, but i like Lufthansa, Emirates to NYC or Chicago is also good.

Seun

$1465 is cheap considering that the North American Airlines are asking for $1800 from NYC To Lagos.
Re: Best Airline To Travel From US To Nigeria? by Hunter(m): 6:03am On Aug 08, 2006
Todd Terry:

another thing to keep in mind is the french are racist so they have terrible service on air france. i would pick british air or lufthansa before air france. heard too many bad stories about the worst service.

I've flown the Lagos->Paris sector with air france and they were anything but racist. They were extremely patient with some some passangers who were abusive
Re: Best Airline To Travel From US To Nigeria? by Txlonghorn(m): 7:29am On Aug 08, 2006
Hotstepper:

@Txlonghorn , when are you going to Naija?

My dear I've already gone cry cry check out the date on my post. I'm going again next year May for my wedding hope I can find a good deal.
Re: Best Airline To Travel From US To Nigeria? by juliesanto(f): 10:56am On Aug 08, 2006
my dear, in terms of comfort and customer's service, i will advise u to take British Airways, but in terms of price, they are very expensive, especially now that they are on high season period, the fare is about $3,948, another good airline u can follow is KLM a lot cheaper than BA, the price is $2,408. This prices will be on from now till 15th Oct,2006, After then the price will come down, by then low season period will start. so i don't really know when u want to come to Nija, if u feel the fare is high now u can wait for the low season period to come so that u can pay less.
Re: Best Airline To Travel From US To Nigeria? by Hotstepper(f): 3:44pm On Aug 08, 2006
Why are they all expensive? I got KLM for 1800 here
Re: Best Airline To Travel From US To Nigeria? by LoverBwoy(m): 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2006
@juliesanto

Durig the low season people are usually still in school wink

Hunter aka red hair grin u dont know racism so shhhh . . . cheesy
Re: Best Airline To Travel From US To Nigeria? by Hunter(m): 10:27pm On Aug 09, 2006
I was surrounded by nigerians, and I didn't notice anything other than friendly service. On the other hand on emirates I have noticed that they can be a bit racist (mostly the stewardess's from the asian countries)
Emirates don't actually say anything bad, they just seemed to come to me first even though I was in the middle of the section.
Re: Best Airline To Travel From US To Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 12, 2014
Txlonghorn:
I just bought a ticket from SLC-SFO-FRA-ABV round trip with United/Lufthansa for $1465 from ASAP.com check em' out.

Is it a return ticket?

(1) (Reply)

Road Trip From Alberta To Manitoba / I Am Planning On Moving To Lagos Nigeria. / How To Get An Invitation Letter From UK Or US?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.