Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

A Nairalander Recieved A Threat Call From A Loan Company - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Nairalander Recieved A Threat Call From A Loan Company (657 Views)

Brazilian Woman Wheels Corpse Into Banking Hall To ‘sign Off’ A Loan In Her Name / Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo / Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Recieved A Threat Call From A Loan Company by okpas01: 12:02pm On Jun 21, 2022
Good morning beloved nairalanders, after visiting the forum for many years, I decided to make my first post today. I received a call from a strange number yesterday and the caller told me that a certain Darius (I don't know anybody by that mame except the governor of Taraba State) Collected loan from their company and refused to pay back and I should ask him to pay up or pay for him else my BVN will be marked and I will not be able to get any loan in Nigeria. I felt embarrassed and irritated simultaneously. I laughed and asked her to show me an agreement where I signed to be a guarantor to the ghost defaulter.
I currently do not have any plan to take any loan but my question is, what is the position of the law about issues like this? I understand their pains as I equally have people owing and are not ready to pay. Some debtors can make you regret doing business but do they have any right to threaten me when there is no evidence that I consented to be guarantor to someone I don't even know?
N.B. From what I know, these companies call or message the contacts of the defualters just to shame them but when a direct threat is involved, something must be wrong.
Re: A Nairalander Recieved A Threat Call From A Loan Company by Passionate888: 12:08pm On Jun 21, 2022
Nothing can be done to you
Re: A Nairalander Recieved A Threat Call From A Loan Company by booblacain(m): 12:38pm On Jun 21, 2022
I received the same call this morning. There are two things I suspect is going on here, one or the other. One is, the caller is a scammer and is just calling random numbers to lure people into their scam, it is best you don't call back, just ignore. The other thing could be, someone you obviously don't know and probably do not know you saved your number as a relative (dad, aunty, cousin) on their phone while collecting a loan. Same solution for both scenarios, just ignore like I did.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Recieved A Threat Call From A Loan Company by Thomthom(m): 2:14pm On Jun 21, 2022
Ignore them since you did not sign any agreement
Re: A Nairalander Recieved A Threat Call From A Loan Company by postbmd: 2:47pm On Jun 21, 2022
okpas01:
Good morning beloved nairalanders, after visiting the forum for many years, I decided to make my first post today. I received a call from a strange number yesterday and the caller told me that a certain Darius (I don't know anybody by that mame except the governor of Taraba State) Collected loan from their company and refused to pay back and I should ask him to pay up or pay for him else my BVN will be marked and I will not be able to get any loan in Nigeria. I felt embarrassed and irritated simultaneously. I laughed and asked her to show me an agreement where I signed to be a guarantor to the ghost defaulter.
I currently do not have any plan to take any loan but my question is, what is the position of the law about issues like this? I understand their pains as I equally have people owing and are not ready to pay. Some debtors can make you regret doing business but do they have any right to threaten me when there is no evidence that I consented to be guarantor to someone I don't even know?
N.B. From what I know, these companies call or message the contacts of the defualters just to shame them but when a direct threat is involved, something must be wrong.
scam

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Recieved A Threat Call From A Loan Company by NaijaCover(m): 8:35pm On Jun 21, 2022
No Be Small Thing ooooo

(1) (Reply)

‘unadulterated HELL’: Three Police, Police K9 Dead In Shootout With Kentucky ‘fe / Anambra Driver Dies In Police Cell, Corpse Missing / VIDEO : ALL We Know About The Young Man That Killed His Older Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.