Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,726 members, 7,831,301 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Genotype And Blood Group Compatibility. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Genotype And Blood Group Compatibility. (391 Views)

What You Need To Know About Your Genotype And Blood Group. Pictorial / COVID-19 Affects Kidney And Blood – Akin Abayomi / "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genotype And Blood Group Compatibility. by MALLEOLUS2017(m): 10:02pm On Jun 21, 2022
Know your genotype before you say yes to that handsome guy or to that beautiful lady whom you wish to spend the rest of your life with... It is very paramount to note that in as much as marriage is concerned, genotype compatibility is far better than love. This is because love might disappear when you get a sickle cell child. It will consume almost all the money you make as staying in the hospital for most days of the year will be the case. Money made by the parents will be spent on medical bills.
Genotype & It's Appropriate Suitor:
AA + AA = All the children will be 100% AA which make this combination Excellent
AA + AS = 50% chance of a child conceived to AA and 50% chance of a child conceived to be AS which make this combination Good
AA + SS = All the children will be 100% carriers i.e AS which make this condition Fair
AS + AS = Every pregnancy has a 25% of the child being AA, 50% of being AS and 25% of being SS. This condition is Bad. Intending couples with this combination shouldn't get married for health reasons as they might be unlucky to give birth to a child with SS.
AS + SS = Every pregnancy has a 50% chance of being AS and 50% chance of being SS. This condition is Worse. Intending couples with this condition shouldn't get married with this combination for health reasons.
SS + SS = All the children will be 100% SS. This condition is extremely dangerous. (In fact, don't try it)

Don't forget Health is wealth.
#SickleCellAwareness

�BLOOD GROUP COMPATIBILITY �

What’s Your Type and how common is it?

O+ 1 in 3 37.4%
(Most common)

A+ 1 in 3 35.7%

B+ 1 in 12 8.5%

AB+ 1 in 29 3.4%

O- 1 in 15 6.6%

A- 1 in 16 6.3%

B- 1 in 67 1.5%

AB- 1 in 167 .6%
(Rarest)

Compatible Blood Types

O- can receive O-

O+ can receive O+, O-

A- can receive A-, O-

A+ can receive A+, A-, O+, O-

B- can receive B-, O-

B+ can receive B+, B-, O+, O-

AB- can receive AB-, B-, A-, O-

AB+ can receive AB+, AB-, B+, B-, A+, A-, O+, O-b

Know your blood group today in case of emergency blood transfusion.
Re: Genotype And Blood Group Compatibility. by PoliteActivist: 10:08pm On Jun 21, 2022
Thanks 4 the info OP. Concise and comprehensive.

Lalasticlala
(Though I'm sure it must have been posted b4, plus it's on Google!)
Re: Genotype And Blood Group Compatibility. by bibianna(f): 10:47pm On Jun 21, 2022
Nice one!

Some people are ignorant of this info!
Re: Genotype And Blood Group Compatibility. by Kogiteraman(m): 9:47pm On Sep 19, 2022
Nice one op, mine is AA. Blood group AB+ grin
Them say my blood group is unique, I never knew there is AB blood type only knew of A, B and O. Well knowledge is power

(1) (Reply)

10 Lessons I Learned From Weight Loss / The Fun In Sleeping Naked And 5 Surprising Health Benefits Of Sleeping Naked / Healing For Smelling Private

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.