Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

What Do U Think Of The Brave Act Of Rupert Murdoch's Wife's In Saving Murdoch- - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What Do U Think Of The Brave Act Of Rupert Murdoch's Wife's In Saving Murdoch- (1078 Views)

84 Year Old Billionaire Rupert Murdoch Weds Model / Actress Jerry Hall / Actor Jnr Pope Helps His Pregnant Wife In The Kitchen & Shares The Pic / Billionnaire Emeka Offor Weds Wife In Anambra (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do U Think Of The Brave Act Of Rupert Murdoch's Wife's In Saving Murdoch- by Ivynwa(f): 12:14am On Jul 23, 2011
Yeah, yeah what do you think of that fast/sharp and gallant move by Murdoch's wife to save him from an attacker 3 days ago during the hearing in which Murdoch and son James were being interrogated about allegations of phone hacking? I casually glanced at the hearing like twice or thrice on that day and got busy with other things, the woman sitting like a hawk behind Murdoch actually caught my aattention. I didn't even know that she is the wife thought that she is part of his entourage or something. There is no doubt that that woman had a striking presence and appearance there and when I later heard her gallant moves in the media yesterday, I was not surprised that such action came from such a woman. She sure got it!

Below is an excerpt from one of the sites that reported it and a video of her gallant moves. All hail smart-alec Wendi! it sure pays to be alert.

Rupert and Wendi Murdoch were true to character Tuesday when she went from the statuesque, socialite wife of a media mogul to a protective spouse with a steady right hook, according to Murdoch biographer Michael Wolff.
"I thought, 'That's our Rupert and that's our Wendi,'" Wolff told ABC News of his reaction to the couple's behavior during the otherwise solemn parliamentary hearing.
"She's kind of fearless, actually," he said of Wendi Deng Murdoch.
In an unexpected twist of events at the hearing Tuesday in which Murdoch and son James were peppered with questions about allegations of phone hacking, Murdoch's wife was the first to jump to her husband's side as an attacker threw what looked like a shaving-cream pie in the News Corp. chairman and CEO's face.
Wearing a pink suit jacket, video footage shows Deng, 42 and married to the 80-year-old Murdoch for 12 years, jump up and lunge after the attacker faster than anyone, taking an open-handed swing at the man who was arrested shortly thereafter.

"That doesn't surprise me. She's fairly feisty," said Eric Ellis, who wrote a detailed profile on Deng for the Monthly in June 2007. "I think it was an instinctive reaction that anyone would have … looking after her partner."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wendi-deng-murdoch-woman-media-mogul/story?id=14109749

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmJfUeR8T58?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="385"[/flash]
Re: What Do U Think Of The Brave Act Of Rupert Murdoch's Wife's In Saving Murdoch- by trekkie: 12:43am On Jul 23, 2011
Re: What Do U Think Of The Brave Act Of Rupert Murdoch's Wife's In Saving Murdoch- by tpia5: 12:53am On Jul 23, 2011
didnt watch the video but read about it.

end times are here, lord have mercy.
Re: What Do U Think Of The Brave Act Of Rupert Murdoch's Wife's In Saving Murdoch- by Ivynwa(f): 5:29am On Jul 23, 2011
trekkie:

touching. even if money was her initial motive for marriage, maybe respect and dare i say love? has built up over the years. i mean they've been married 12 years! longer than a lot of celebrity marriages who make a whole lot of noise about how much "in love" they are. J-lo and marc anthony case in point

Yes dear, it did show a woman that is very protective of her husband. It even shows more, a smart lady that watches her own like a mother hen. Them Chinese are becoming something else in our world, quietly, slowly yet firmly and wisely taking their place in the world. They can be smart to a fault.

tpia@:

didnt watch the video but read about it.
end times are here, lord have mercy.
You mean the brazenness of people nowadays? Its frightening, nobody folds hands to watch stuffs these days. The masses are quick to revolt at the slightest provocation but it has its advantages, I mean now when someone gets into power they get serious and work knowing that stuffs can happen to them if they try to play games with their  subjects.
Re: What Do U Think Of The Brave Act Of Rupert Murdoch's Wife's In Saving Murdoch- by tpia5: 5:32am On Jul 23, 2011
Yes dear, it did show a woman that is very protective of her husband. It even shows more, a smart that watches her own like a mother hen

any woman trying to snatch that guy will end up somewhere funny, i dont doubt.
Re: What Do U Think Of The Brave Act Of Rupert Murdoch's Wife's In Saving Murdoch- by Ivynwa(f): 5:36am On Jul 23, 2011
tpia@:

any woman trying to snatch that guy will end up somewhere funny, i dont doubt.
[size=18pt]I believe you![/size]

I mean if there is a woman that has been eyeing Murdoch before this happened she will run with her heels touching her head LOL grin grin Na very sharp woman you dey see so.
Re: What Do U Think Of The Brave Act Of Rupert Murdoch's Wife's In Saving Murdoch- by tpia5: 5:38am On Jul 23, 2011
before nko?

i wonder how many women have felt the blow which knocked them back to where they were before trying to sashay in front of rupert abi wetin be im name.
Re: What Do U Think Of The Brave Act Of Rupert Murdoch's Wife's In Saving Murdoch- by Ivynwa(f): 5:52am On Jul 23, 2011
tpia@:

before nko?

i wonder how many women have felt the blow which knocked them back to where they were before trying to sashay in front of rupert abi wetin be im name.

You are very funny Tpia.
The Rupert sef go dey feel nice nice in his heart like one new born being pampered by his momsie. That woman sure doesn't play games with her Rupee darling. grin grin grin
Re: What Do U Think Of The Brave Act Of Rupert Murdoch's Wife's In Saving Murdoch- by tpia5: 5:53am On Jul 23, 2011
at all.

i'm not sure how knowing self defence doesnt help a woman.
Re: What Do U Think Of The Brave Act Of Rupert Murdoch's Wife's In Saving Murdoch- by Ivynwa(f): 6:07am On Jul 23, 2011
My sister "knowing a lil bit of self defence" helps women. I am that type of person that can't use a knife on another person and laughs off at stories of people carrying about lil stuffs like pen knife and tiny knives along with them and in their cars while going to work or places, I will be like "why have a knife on me when I can't cut anybody" and after I heard the story of a woman that defended herself from a r-apist taxi man with the help of a tiny knife she had hidden in her bag, I came to understand the importance. Not that I can have the heart to cut now, I still don't bother with such things but they can be helpful.

Can you imagine that the taxi-man-ra-pist I mentioned stopped this woman (that boarded his taxi on her way home in the night) along a highway and forced her to perform oral s-e-x on him? The woman acted as though she is agreeing with him and while bending down dug her knife into his stomach and ran out of the car leaving him bleeding from his stomach. He was lucky to get help to the hospital and I don't know whether he survived that but the woman was hailed in the dailies. She defended herself and even saved her life because the newest thing nowadays is that rapists kill after their act to protect themselves. One must be alert Ojare.
Re: What Do U Think Of The Brave Act Of Rupert Murdoch's Wife's In Saving Murdoch- by tpia5: 7:10am On Jul 23, 2011
true talk oh.

very dangerous people roaming around dressed as human beings these days.

may God punish devil.
Re: What Do U Think Of The Brave Act Of Rupert Murdoch's Wife's In Saving Murdoch- by thameamead(f): 11:11am On Jul 23, 2011
I used to think of her as a Gold-Digger but then I saw her pull his chair out for him when the questioning was about to start, she even pat him on the back, when he was banging the table she tried to tell him to stop, she was the only one to hit that scumbag, the lawyer sitting next to her did not know what to do neither did the other men in the room, wow! I bet her husband is going to increase her children's stakes in the family trust fund, she was defending her man/inheritance, Good on her for standing by her man.
Re: What Do U Think Of The Brave Act Of Rupert Murdoch's Wife's In Saving Murdoch- by lagcity(m): 11:43am On Jul 23, 2011
that's what you call a ride or die chick. every man needs someone like that. i hate girly girls, they are useless.
Re: What Do U Think Of The Brave Act Of Rupert Murdoch's Wife's In Saving Murdoch- by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 23, 2011
A 42 year old married to an 80 year old should be ready to play the role of a 'mother hen' as it where - and that's what the lady did in this instance. But damn, I think I like these oriental women; they seem more loyal and pragmatic than women of the other races. Well, almost all of them - minus the few Kimora Lee-Simons here and there.
Re: What Do U Think Of The Brave Act Of Rupert Murdoch's Wife's In Saving Murdoch- by tpia5: 4:00pm On Jul 23, 2011
thank goodness she wasnt black, else we'd have no end of nagging about the "angry black woman".

undecided
Re: What Do U Think Of The Brave Act Of Rupert Murdoch's Wife's In Saving Murdoch- by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 23, 2011
There's not much wrong with an "angry black woman". . .as long as her "anger" is directed at her husband's detractors and enemies - as in the present case.

(1) (Reply)

Actor Jim Iyke In Court Over N15 Million Fraud / PHOTOS: Behind The Scenes Of D’prince’s ‘take Banana’ Video Shoot / Lady Gaga Gets New Look… Spotted On Dreadlocks!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.