Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,591 members, 7,847,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:03 PM

Unpopular Remote Tech Jobs That Are Valuable Outside Africa - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Unpopular Remote Tech Jobs That Are Valuable Outside Africa (680 Views)

6 Jobs That Will Be In High Demand In The Future / Unpopular Tech Jobs That Pay More Than The Popular Ones / 10 Jobs That Look Poor But Are Very Lucrative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unpopular Remote Tech Jobs That Are Valuable Outside Africa by Remitush: 10:58am On Jun 23, 2022
Countries like the US and other developed countries have easy access to funds compared to places like Nigeria.

As a result of this, the value they place on skills that are taken for granted in developing countries differs.

But hiring from other developing countries isn’t as straight forward since they also have a pool of talents on the rise that stand a better chance

I know this because after I left my job in Nigeria, I searched on LinkedIn for jobs in the US and each time I had conversations with recruiters, it always seem unclear why they insist I must live in the US to be considered for the remote job.

This is also knowing fully well the companies I applied to are fully remote.

Imagine how frustrating it is for someone like me who just transitioned into tech as a salesforce administrator

But I have built my skills by engaging in the salesforce communities and working in use cases until one day I was chatting with my mentor Miss Emelda and was telling her how depressing it can be not having a stable income

While I appreciated the contracts I was getting at the time and it was good to live on for a country like Nigeria ��, I wanted more �

In her words, she said REMI, do these three things and give me feedback after 15days

1) List out all your skills starting from before/when you were at the university till date

2) Package just one that is valuable that you can charge premium for that people will pay

3) Target certain cities in the US that are in need of the skills and present it to them in such a way that they’ll look like a dumbass to say “No” to it

I didn’t think much about this and just did it to see what’s going to happen.

And Boom that was how I started an agency that targeted startups cos they got funded and they have the money to pay for my sales-led customer acquisition service

If you got to this point, I want you to know that if you can package what you already know that people want, you’ll not be begging for others to hire you.

I’m writing this cos my mentor is running a free training on how you can turn your skills to an outrageous amount of money and I thought you should know. ( her Instagram handle is: @fromemelda)

You can take the steps I took above and you’ll get the results depending on your area of expertise.

Just know that the traditional route of compounding enough money to survive is really outdated and killing a lot of dreams

Your goal should be to leverage tech to create the life you want and not follow rules that were created long before the internet was born.

I am invested in paying it forward that’s why I share my personal growth and experiences on nairaland to reach the right people (Nigerians who want to be helped)

I hope you find this helpful.
✌️

1 Like

Re: Unpopular Remote Tech Jobs That Are Valuable Outside Africa by ozome15(m): 12:17pm On Jun 23, 2022
So what of you
Re: Unpopular Remote Tech Jobs That Are Valuable Outside Africa by demanuel(m): 9:36pm On Jun 23, 2022
Interesting.
What medium did you use to pitch your services to these clients; twitter, Facebook, Google?
Remitush:
Countries like the US and other developed countries have easy access to funds compared to places like Nigeria.

As a result of this, the value they place on skills that are taken for granted in developing countries differs.

But hiring from other developing countries isn’t as straight forward since they also have a pool of talents on the rise that stand a better chance

I know this because after I left my job in Nigeria, I searched on LinkedIn for jobs in the US and each time I had conversations with recruiters, it always seem unclear why they insist I must live in the US to be considered for the remote job.

This is also knowing fully well the companies I applied to are fully remote.

Imagine how frustrating it is for someone like me who just transitioned into tech as a salesforce administrator

But I have built my skills by engaging in the salesforce communities and working in use cases until one day I was chatting with my mentor Miss Emelda and was telling her how depressing it can be not having a stable income

While I appreciated the contracts I was getting at the time and it was good to live on for a country like Nigeria ��, I wanted more �

In her words, she said REMI, do these three things and give me feedback after 15days

1) List out all your skills starting from before/when you were at the university till date

2) Package just one that is valuable that you can charge premium for that people will pay

3) Target certain cities in the US that are in need of the skills and present it to them in such a way that they’ll look like a dumbass to say “No” to it

I didn’t think much about this and just did it to see what’s going to happen.

And Boom that was how I started an agency that targeted startups cos they got funded and they have the money to pay for my sales-led customer acquisition service

If you got to this point, I want you to know that if you can package what you already know that people want, you’ll not be begging for others to hire you.

I’m writing this cos my mentor is running a free training on how you can turn your skills to an outrageous amount of money and I thought you should know. ( her Instagram handle is: @fromemelda)

You can take the steps I took above and you’ll get the results depending on your area of expertise.

Just know that the traditional route of compounding enough money to survive is really outdated and killing a lot of dreams

Your goal should be to leverage tech to create the life you want and not follow rules that were created long before the internet was born.

I am invested in paying it forward that’s why I share my personal growth and experiences on nairaland to reach the right people (Nigerians who want to be helped)

I hope you find this helpful.
✌️

Re: Unpopular Remote Tech Jobs That Are Valuable Outside Africa by Remitush: 5:59pm On Jan 16, 2023
I’ve got a list of 500+ remote friendly companies and how to get in, if you want access, go to workshop.techietude.com

(1) (Reply)

If You Are Above 35 Years Read This (IS IMPORTANT) / Congrats / Curious Nurse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.