Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,236 members, 7,811,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Grandma Found ‘largest’ Snake Animal Rescuers Have Ever Seen - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Grandma Found ‘largest’ Snake Animal Rescuers Have Ever Seen (554 Views)

Florida Nabs Largest Python Ever Found In State / Meet The Green Ananconda The World Largest Snake / 25 Ugliest Dogs You Have Ever Seen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Grandma Found ‘largest’ Snake Animal Rescuers Have Ever Seen by Polithiefcian(m): 7:36pm On Jun 23, 2022
A woman and her granddaughter were ssssssscared to see a nine-foot boa constructor in their garden.

Cindy Schmitz recalled relaxing in her Derby, NY home when she heard a neighbor scream.

“I had no idea what was going on. I ran around the side of the house and there it was. The snake,” she told WKBW-TV. “At first I was terrified. I’d never seen anything like it.”

Boa constrictors are typically native to Latin America, but had somehow ended up on her front lawn.

As Schmitz and her neighbors tried to wrangle the snake, she called the Erie County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA).
Responder and animal rescue investigator Officer Jennifer Maleskis said upon arriving at the scene, “Quite honestly, this was the largest one I’d ever come across, and I did a ‘wow!’”

Maleskis is assuming the snake was a former pet that was released into the wild.

“The process of ‘dumping,’ or releasing exotic pets and animals into the wild after a period of domestication, is pretty common in Western New York. However, the animals are usually set up for failure. They either hurt themselves… or in this case, they can hurt you,” she said.

“We don’t know exactly how this happened… but there will be an investigation into this. Dumping, while hard to prove, is something that can cause real danger, and there are punishments involved here.”

The snake is at one of the Erie County SPCA’s facilities and “is currently up for adoption, or claim,” according to WKBW-TV.

Source: https://www.legitnaijanews.com/grandma-found-largest-snake-animal-rescuers-have-ever-seen/

Re: Grandma Found ‘largest’ Snake Animal Rescuers Have Ever Seen by Mrsoft3(m): 8:07pm On Jun 23, 2022
This people play with danger alot....Omo I don park vomit for that area o
Re: Grandma Found ‘largest’ Snake Animal Rescuers Have Ever Seen by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:23pm On Jun 23, 2022
as this is a sane country (US), it definitely will end up in the zoo or back in the wild and certainly wont end up as pepper soup... if this was 9ja, kai, the below would be the result:

(1) (Reply)

Baby Squirrel Pet For Sell @ Enugu - Enugu, Emene. / Veterinary Service For Your Dogs..... / When Are The Primary/secondary Schools Resuming?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.