Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,507 members, 7,843,523 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

A Church Inside An Hotel!!! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Church Inside An Hotel!!! (30680 Views)

Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos / Meet The Anti-christ Who Killed 26 People Inside A Church / Pastor & His Pastor Wife Spotted Kissing Passionately Inside An Airport (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by a2d3rew(m): 4:16pm On Jun 26, 2022
desiredhome:

We are still saying the same thing......the point here is respect......respect for God and respect for others........
The Church is the Church and hotel is a hotel......
and we want to hotel to become churche , we want the sexual immorality place to become churches. And we are there, nothing Will stop,
U will not stop, the devil will not, the people will not, hallelujah.
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by TruthinAction: 4:18pm On Jun 26, 2022
DSC7:

But is it right to have a church inside an Hotel as a Genuine Man of GOD?..

Is it inside the hall they are doing the thing? The church is there as a light. Jesus ate with sinners. His last supper was in the house of a sinner. Mary who was a harlot poured a costly perfume on Jesus and even kissed his feet. Jesus didn't drive her away.

Many churches use the conference halls of hotels for church services especially in cities like Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.

There is nothing absolutely wrong with it.

1 Like

Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by theamazonguru(m): 4:18pm On Jun 26, 2022
DSC7:

Who are we to condemn.
Every real man of God that has a calling has a clear mandate.
He is told what to do, what to focus on etc.
That's why you see some focus on prosperity, some on eternity, some on holiness etc

Jesus our savior, did not discriminate who to save. He came for both the Jews and the gentiles.
He can reach anyone anywhere.
Location of church does not matter, God might have sent that church to be positioned in there to reach out to those who would normally not go to church, but who out of curiosity would want to see or hear what is happening, and God would use the opportunity to reach out to them.

God told Peter not to call any food he had created unclean.
This was because, God wanted Peter to reach out to a set of people peter see as unclean.

Paul was an apostle to the gentiles.
That's why you see Paul going from place to place in search of unbelievers and gentiles.

Jesus said a man who is whole does not need a physician but a man who is sick does.

Jesus came not for the whole but for the blind,the sinners, unbelievers, gentiles etc.

Church can be positioned anywhere.

Would you condemn a man who goes to a hotel to preach or do evangelism?
He has a goal, his target is to reach out to the sinners in there so they can change their ways and be converted to the living God.

So if I can go on periodic evangelism in a hotel,why can't I pitch my tent there with them and be constantly preaching from time to time during the service.
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by MissionaryArchi(m): 4:25pm On Jun 26, 2022
DSC7:

Lot lived inside the city of Sodom surrounded by Gomorrah where Abraham lived yet were righteous even having virgin daughters.
God delayed theirs destruction and almost averted it just for the sake of the righteous.
I hope this got you a message
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by Eastcoastboy(m): 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2022
Lol, you think the building is the Church? You nd I are the Church my man.
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by echomanji: 4:31pm On Jun 26, 2022
Which state?
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by AngelicBeing: 4:32pm On Jun 26, 2022
FalseProphet1:
As a prophet I can confidently tell you that the offerings are usually higher as compared to your normal road side churches, cos most people in the hotel are in transit, others have committed various sins, ranging from fornication to adultery, homosexuality, prostitution, robbery.

They have this guilty conscience constantly judging them, so Pentecostal pastors capitalize on this to cajole them into giving so God can forgive and bless them. That's why most Pentecostal pastors operating in hotels buy cars within 6 months of operations.

This I have seen.
Wrong, if you give this kind of prophecy again, within 72 hours l will call my friend the IG OF POLICE in Abuja to arrest and detain you for 40years without bail shocked
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by MissionaryArchi(m): 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2022
theamazonguru:

Who are we to condemn.
Every real man of God that has a calling has a clear mandate.
He is told what to do, what to focus on etc.
That's why you see some focus on prosperity, some on eternity, some on holiness etc
And all these are for the edification of the body of Christ.
It saddens me when Christians begin to talk down themselves because of these different mandate. One mocking the other for being worldly because they have the mandate of prosperity, the other mocking another for being too archaic cuz they have been given the mandate for holiness, some other mocking another for being blasphemous to the teachings of Christ because they were given the mandate against wickedness of the high places through prayers. Even those who have been given the intercessor mandate have also been mocked for lacking Faith because they pray too much without works forgetting the Bible says men always to pray and never to faint.
If only the whole mandates can see it collectively themselves as for the perfection of the saints (church), the Gospel will be strongly and better propagated all over the world.
When Christ said the Church is matching on and the gates of hell shall never prevail against it, he didn't specifically called any denomination.
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by desiredhome: 4:40pm On Jun 26, 2022
a2d3rew:
and we want to hotel to become churche , we want the sexual immorality place to become churches. And we are there, nothing Will stop,
U will not stop, the devil will not, the people will not, hallelujah.
LoL..... that is your understanding as a Nigerian christian, I doubt if it so in other civilized places....
if God wanted everywhere to be church He will,.........
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by Beniyke1: 4:46pm On Jun 26, 2022
DSC7:

Sorry, the thing is that Nigeria and Nigerians have a very very wrong view and perspective of hotels. Seriously! Meanwhile you said a church program, probably they merely rented and paid for the hall for the said programme, so what’s the fuss about it?

Almost all the new generation churches here in Dubai from Winners, Redeem and all conduct their church services and programmes in Hotels.
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by CORRECTMAN78(m): 4:47pm On Jun 26, 2022
If that's the bases of your argument. Is there suppose to be a church in Buhari's Nigeria?

Because hotel is a smaller environment considered unholy by you. Now look at Nigerian soil as a bigger place.
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by Slashboy: 4:49pm On Jun 26, 2022
DSC7:
During the week i was invited to a church program...

I had the intentions to attend but what turned me off was the Venue which happens to be one of the bubbling Hotel in the Vicinity...

And i was like why will i attend a church that is located in an Hotel where all sort of immortality takes place? undecided
A Pharisee spoted! That’s how they lay blame on Jesus Christ’ when preaching the Gospel for associating with the unbelievers.

Though i ain't a saint but i don't understand why a so called house of God should be in an unholy ground..

To me it doesn't make sense,,,

Brethrens what do you have to say?
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by Richiepeecox(m): 4:53pm On Jun 26, 2022
Brothel is different from hotel. If it is a brothel,that's for prostitution. It is very okay for a church to be in a hotel.It's not everybody that lodges in a hotel that goes there for fornication or adultery.
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by BnQoyyim(m): 4:58pm On Jun 26, 2022
Don't feel perplexed, Business Center can be anywhere, especially where it would be more marketable.
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by BnQoyyim(m): 4:59pm On Jun 26, 2022
DSC7:

Business Center can be anywhere especially where it will be more marketable.

1 Like

Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by BnQoyyim(m): 5:01pm On Jun 26, 2022
Righthussle:
There's nothing wrong with it. The essence of building a church is to to make money from the gullible and a hotel is where people who have money go to.

Exactly!
Business Center can be anywhere especially where it will be more marketable.

2 Likes

Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by nairamaniac: 5:15pm On Jun 26, 2022
Op, is it only immorality that happens in hotels?

I have a feeling you are a very immoral person that performs all sorts of immoral acts in hotels. grin grin grin

But on a serious note, you can't judge others.

And proximity to a venue of sins doesn't make every attendant a culprit or conniver.

1 Like

Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by chukel(m): 5:21pm On Jun 26, 2022
DSC7:

But is it right to have a church inside an a Hotel as a Genuine Man of GOD?..
"A" hotel. Nothing like an hotel please.
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by bong4(m): 5:50pm On Jun 26, 2022
DSC7:
During the week i was invited to a church program...

I had the intentions to attend but what turned me off was the Venue which happens to be one of the bubbling Hotel in the Vicinity...

And i was like why will i attend a church that is located in an Hotel where all sort of immortality takes place? undecided

Though i ain't a saint but i don't understand why a so called house of God should be in an unholy ground..

To me it doesn't make sense,,,

Brethrens what do you have to say?

Immorality takes place everywhere. It is not limited to hotels. There are several advantages of why hotels are set up, so focus on those advantages and appreciate God for the privilege of fellowshipping with other brethrens.
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by stancydg: 5:53pm On Jun 26, 2022
Gamjojo78:
We have this full gospel business men fellowship we do hold in hotel because we want to attract men that naturally won't go to church

Great. FGBMFI has a vision of calling men back to God, those who wouldn't naturally or hardly have time to attend church meetings. It's been on for over 70years now in very many countries of the world without becoming a church. It's called the market place ministry and hotels or public places are the recommended venues for FGBMFI meetings. For those who don't know, FGBMFI has several chapters in all the states of Nigeria and you can be a part of the chapter closest to you. Simply do a Facebook search in your locality and you should find one. Peace.

1 Like

Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by CheapHomes1: 5:55pm On Jun 26, 2022
DSC7:

Bros, pls start going to heaven. It's like this earth is too sinful for you
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by edosignature(m): 5:56pm On Jun 26, 2022
Some Churches are now business centers. I've seen a church where they rent hotel rooms to worship on Sundays at Iyana Ipaja.
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by Teeroyzimma: 6:07pm On Jun 26, 2022
majamajic:
In lagos it's normal

Around Alakija u see churches inside Olosho hotels

ah shocked
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by MyExpression(m): 6:10pm On Jun 26, 2022
majamajic:
In lagos it's normal

Around Alakija u see churches inside Olosho hotels

I dey Ojo...please which of the Olosho hotels dem dey do church?
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by uniquelyspecial(m): 6:13pm On Jun 26, 2022
If you know the kind of immoralities that take place in your supposed church buildings you won't even say such as a reason you were turned off.

Forget the building, alter, cross, pulpits and all those things you see in church ooo.

The "behind the scene" go shock you
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by PlanktonX: 6:21pm On Jun 26, 2022
desiredhome:

The place of worship is a holy place, it's only these new generation Churches that sees nothing wrong in conducting service in a hotel.....you can take evangelism to the hotel........
Keep the place of worship Holy....
It takes a spirit of discerning to know this.
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by coputa(m): 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What makes you think your church buildings are holier? undecided

Look holiness has to do with that infact commanded by God Himself. God never asked any man to build churches or congregate them in His name. Jesus Christ said He builds His own Church - His own hands, not the hands of your pastors and mogs. So your standalone church buildings, and gatherings, are just as unholy as your motels and churches in them. undecided
Does God dwell in an unholy place.
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On Jun 26, 2022
coputa:
Does God dwell in an unholy place.
God dwells in Holiness, and according to Him, He only dwells inside of those who are Sons of God - John 8 vs 31-35 & John 14 vs 15 - 25 - meaning God certainly does not dwell in your churches. undecided
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by engratule(m): 6:37pm On Jun 26, 2022
It's your own definition Church(Christianity)
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by nedekid: 6:44pm On Jun 26, 2022
Kukuma talk say you no Wan go church.

Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by NoGirlfriend: 6:52pm On Jun 26, 2022
from service to service. what do I know self
Re: A Church Inside An Hotel!!! by coputa(m): 6:58pm On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
God dwells in Holiness, and according to Him, He only dwells inside of those who are Sons of God - John 8 vs 31-35 & John 14 vs 15 - 25 - meaning God certainly does not dwell in your churches. undecided
The church is not the building but the humans(congregation) therein,so if God dwells only inside of those who are his sons,are you saying there is no righteous one(children of God)amog the congregation(the church)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Berates Church For Holding Service During Working Hours (Video) / Photos From THE EXPERIENCE 2016 / Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Opens 11 Free Schools, Blasts Some Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.