Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,697 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Anogiri - "1 Fish" - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Anogiri - "1 Fish" (2862 Views)

"Oyinbo" Crooner, ANOGIRI, Returns with "OSHELENGE" / Anogiri- Correct Musician / Oyibo By Anogiri - Anyone Knows Where I Can Download As Well As The Lyrics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anogiri - "1 Fish" by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 24, 2011
[center]This is Anogiri's third single to be released this year. It will also be his last before his anticipated album "Stone & Green" is released later this year. "1 Fish" carries a strong message with a very unique tune. Rather than using a beat, he utilizes renowned guitarist, Effiok, who may be remembered for his work on D'banj's 2010 single, "Scapegoat".

Download link:

http://www.4shared.com/audio/PBuJ8jKu/01_Track_1.html

Lyrics

-----

Guitar and Intro

Them no dey stay one place for two long
One fish, one fish…
Make u fry another fish

Chorus
How many times you go fry one fish (how many, how many)
How many times you go fry one fish eh (how many, how many)
How many times you go fry one fish (how many, how many)
If you fry one fish abeg fry another fish (how many times)

Time, no be anybody friend
Stop make you listen to the thing wey I dey tell you
Play play, you no understand say
Time dey for businesss and time dey for play
Stay there, if you really wan stay
But when day break you go ready find your way
No be say you go start to blame anybody say
Na you know everything wey make you dey where you dey
Guy if you look back you go see say na you b the reason wey dey make you slow down
Stand up believe say nobody nobody go fit shut you down

Chorus

Oya, day don break
Nobody get the time to play pranks make you wake… WAKE UP!
Na only you go make
The waka wey go take you to another level for God sake
You get to dey fearless
Make you do wetin you go do apply your own fairness
I beg no careless
Put JAH for the waka because na him dey bless eh!
Life e tough
If you be man you go know say no be bluff I dey bluff
If e go rough e rough, yes!
Na the thing wey dey make man tough, eeeh!

Chorus

How many times you go fry one fish,
Every man get e own wish,
Talk for the matter you dey speak english ooh
You never understand oh!
One man meat na another man poison
Your drink na my own Gamalin (Gamalin-20 is a poisonous chemical liquid)
I dey tell you my friend make you listen to this lesson
If you like make you wear Gabadin (Gabadin is textile that is very light and shaky)
For your life make you take control
If you dey go na only you go go
Nobody go fit carry you go where you dey go
Make you listen to the thing wey I talk so so so so so
Fry oh, fry oh, fry oh fry oh, fry another fish

Chorus

-----

Enjoy![/center]
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by denzel2009: 12:04pm On Jul 24, 2011
is he your boyfriend ? tongue
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by rapjunkie(m): 12:14pm On Jul 24, 2011
nice song. . . chilled out melodic  highlife -ish guitar groove. . . strong message

U can hear the Fela influence

never been an anogiri fan but i did like the song and video for his first single

i like this . . . . cool cool

'how many times u go fry 1 fish?' . . . . grin grin
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 24, 2011
denzel2009:

Lol of course not. He's my husband.

rapjunkie:
nice song. . . chilled out melodic  highlife -ish guitar groove. . . strong message

U can hear the Fela influence

never been an anogiri fan but i did like the song and video for his first single

i like this . . . . cool cool

'how many times u go fry 1 fish?' . . . .  grin grin

It took me forever to hear the Fela influence to which everyone kept referring lol. I didn't put his last single up, and I don't know whether or not you've heard it. It came out three weeks ago or so; that was the first time I heard the influence anyway. It's called "Follow Me" featuring Akay.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/DMo3URVX/Anogiri_Akay_Follow_Me.html?

I laughed when I heard the title "1 Fish" lol, but then I listened to it and was like shocked Effiok did a great job.
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by denzel2009: 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2011
ogugua88:

Ahh ahhh. The love is evident. I still have to listen to the song over and over though.
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by rapjunkie(m): 4:50pm On Jul 24, 2011
ogugua88:

for real?
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 24, 2011
denzel2009:
Ahh ahhh. The love is evident. I still have to listen to the song over and over though.

Na wa for you. So you came to the music section to play love analyst? Lol. I hope you're enjoying the song.

rapjunkie:
for real?

Lol no no. I know him though.
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by MeGaStReEt: 11:58pm On Jul 24, 2011
denzel2009:

i was going to ask the same question
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by Nobody: 1:07am On Jul 25, 2011
You guys are confusing proper promo with love.
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by rapjunkie(m): 1:07pm On Jul 25, 2011
This is his best song sha, since his first single. . . .  .IMO

I love the guitar rift

ogugua88:

You guys are confusing proper promo with love.

Question of the day:

why would u promo something u don't love?
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 25, 2011
Yeah, I think I agree lol. I've been liking each single more than the last. I wonder how it will be received though. Nigerians like jollof music, music with the same beat that goes straight to the clubs lol.

You said "something. I love his music, sure lol. as for the some[b]one[/b], my promoting his music isn't any different than other members on this website promoting their music or that of others. A guy posted Storm Rex's "Kerenke", talking about how he adored the song. No one questioned him, so I don't see why my case is any different.
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by rapjunkie(m): 8:20pm On Jul 25, 2011
ogugua88:

Yeah, I think I agree lol. I've been liking each single more than the last. I wonder how it will be received though. Nigerians like jollof music, music with the same beat that goes straight to the clubs lol.

You said "something. I love his music, sure lol. as for the some[b]one[/b], my promoting his music isn't any different than other members on this website promoting their music or that of others. A guy posted Storm Rex's "Kerenke", talking about how he adored the song. No one questioned him, so I don't see why my case is any different.

true dat. . . . cool

I always promote my main man  K16 on NL even though haterz too plenty 4 this site. . .  . grin grin grin
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by lalaboi(m): 9:59am On Jul 26, 2011
Not feeling this one
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2011
rapjunkie:
true dat. . . . cool

I always promote my main man  K16 on NL even though haterz too plenty 4 this site. . .  . grin grin grin

Lol. You must hear several no's before encountering a yes. Keep trodding with K16 wink

lalaboi:
Not feeling this one

Because it's not jollof music lol. The lyrics don't speak to you?
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by rapjunkie(m): 2:06pm On Jul 26, 2011
Don't mind lalaboi

If the tempo isn't 150 bpm and Moet and Hennessey aren't mentioned. . . .he no go feel the track. . , lol
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by Nobody: 5:58am On Jul 27, 2011
Na him way o lol. I like philosophy so make I continue gbadu this one lol.

Lyrics have been added just as promised smiley
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by lalaboi(m): 8:11am On Jul 27, 2011
2 Yeyesss grin

Its not my fault that this songs falls short musically. Lyrics make sense but na the ability to appeal to thousands/millions matter if you wanna make it in this industry. Like say na only lyrics make-up a song.
Perhaps they guitarist nor use the same mojo wey dbanj use for scapegoat cheesy. The intrumentals dont appeal to me and overall, i am not feeling this song.
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by rapjunkie(m): 9:10am On Jul 27, 2011
lalaboi:

2 Yeyesss grin

Its not my fault that this songs falls short musically. Lyrics make sense but na the ability to appeal to thousands/millions matter if you wanna make it in this industry. Like say na only lyrics make-up a song.
Perhaps they guitarist nor use the same mojo wey dbanj use for scapegoat  cheesy. The intrumentals dont appeal to me and overall, i am not feeling this song.

so if a track isn't 'pop' or 'commercial'. . . .  .then it falls short musically?. . . . shocked shocked

Listen to yourself man. . . . 

u suppose get sense pass this na. . . .  . grin grin
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 27, 2011
CHOI! See advocate of jollof music. Na the problem na lol. Or maybe Lalaboi is Igbo, because na serious business/kudi perspective he dey talk. No shaking. Lalaboi and other jollof music lovers are simply not ready for Anogiri. O di ok sha, free am. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, no matter how shocking grin lol.
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by lalaboi(m): 2:42am On Jul 28, 2011
make i no jinx this guy. . the reality is he will appeal to far less number of people with this song. Sometimes true talent dey waste.
Sometimes you gats go flip flop to chop for this game. When u don chop, u fit start to dey claim bad sharp guy!

This is not an issue of "jollof music" or whatever you call it, its the overall package that matters. whether it is strong lyrically o, abi in terms of beats o, if millions like it, you don hit gold mine and i dont see even up to half a million going crazy over this song.

Progress of Anogiri has been really slow, I expected more to be honest. "Oyinbo" still remains his most successful song, but is the lyrics as "Strong" as 1fish? All ye lyrics lovers grin . DO you see this song topping oyinbo? NA una sabi anyway. i chose to put aside personal interest and consider the current situation of the industry. This is me being honest and putting everything into consideration, not some "jollof music" lover advocate talk.

@Ogugua, i know u like this guy dieeee but mehn it doesnt mean everything he does should be "excellent" to you na. grin
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 28, 2011
"Oyinbo" isn't his most successful song. His most successful video due to creativity and simplicity, yes, but not his most successful song. If anyone mentions "Oyinbo" it's the video they mention. "Na U Know" is a bigger song; probably his biggest from the first album.

Nigerians need fresh air, something unique in the industry. It doesn't have to be Anogiri sha, I'm just saying, before una jump on me again lol. It can be anyone, but a new sound needs to arise. It's becoming similar to Côte d'Ivoire and coupé décalé. It was massive and then the hype died due to supersaturation of the genre.

Anyway, you're sounding confident about no one liking this song sha. I sent the song and details to Notjustok days ago. The song should be put on the site, make we see comment. If people don't like the song, then you won't hear another word from me lol. For me, person wey get mouth, to bet my mouth, you know say something tells me I won't be wrong. Oya, are you up for it or not?
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by rapjunkie(m): 1:32pm On Jul 28, 2011
ogugua88:

"Oyinbo" isn't his most successful song. His most successful video due to creativity and simplicity, yes, but not his most successful song. If anyone mentions "Oyinbo" it's the video they mention. "Na U Know" is a bigger song; probably his biggest from the first album.

Nigerians need fresh air, something unique in the industry. It doesn't have to be Anogiri sha, I'm just saying, before una jump on me again lol. It can be anyone, but a new sound needs to arise. It's becoming similar to Côte d'Ivoire and coupé décalé. It was massive and then the hype died due to supersaturation of the genre.

Anyway, you're sounding confident about no one liking this song sha. I sent the song and details to Notjustok days ago. The song should be put on the site, make we see comment. If people don't like the song, then you won't hear another word from me lol. For me, person wey get mouth, to bet my mouth, you know say something tells me I won't be wrong. Oya, are you up for it or not?

no mind am. . .  . I've played the song at least 20 times. . . . a nice mellow laid back track with a good message. . . . what's there not to like?. . .  .must I dance 'Atlanta' everytime I hear a song in order to appreciate it?. . . .
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by Nobody: 5:32am On Jul 29, 2011
rapjunkie:
no mind am. . .  . I've played the song at least 20 times. . . . a nice mellow laid back track with a good message. . . . what's there not to like?. . .  .must I dance 'Atlanta' everytime I hear a song in order to appreciate it?. . . .

Lol. Don't worry. Just wait until it hits notjustok and other sites and the comments start to come.
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2011
Alright, so the song is on NJO now. We'll see.

http://www.notjustok.com/2011/08/03/anogiri-1-fish/
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 06, 2011
Rapjunkie, where are you?
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by lalaboi(m): 8:01am On Aug 06, 2011
11 related comments! . . How big is this track>? grin
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 06, 2011
See your mouth lol. He's on the bottom of the home page. Rather than featuring him on the top, NJO gave Timaya's autotuned "Love Over Me" and Terry G's nonsense "Akpako Bum Bum" those spots lol. You said yourself that true talent dey waste. You no fit do your own share to make it heard?

Out of the 11, how many favorable? wink
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by lalaboi(m): 11:52am On Aug 06, 2011
Now u agree with me say sometime talent dey waste? I've banging on about it that not that many peep will go crazy for this song. Una dey call me some yeye advocate. Sometime you forget that this is Naija we are talking about!

11comments. maybe half from people who know him personally grin
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by rapjunkie(m): 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2011
lalaboi:

Now u agree with me say sometime talent dey waste? I've banging on about it that not that many peep will go crazy for this song. Una dey call me some yeye advocate. Sometime you forget that this is Naija we are talking about!

11comments. maybe half from people who know him personally  grin

so, if  get this right,  . . . . all of the comments on NJO r 4 real?. . . . . or do u accept that with the right 'marketing' i can get 100 plus comments on NJO?

listen . . .  .don't test me. . .i know a lot more than u might think i do. . . . . the first thing u should quit is goading anybody about the comments on NJO. . . .especially since u r now in bed with them. . . unless u want me to air NJO's dirty pants on NL. . this is a warning shot!!

@ogugua88

u set urself up about comments on NJO

BUT NJO is not a true test of how popular a song can be /will be on the streets,  . . .  it is a useful medium, no doubt, but don't get caught up with the (over) hype. . . . less than 1% of nigerians have access to the internet. . . . . think about it!!. . . plus a lot of what u see on NJO is staged. . . . just like WWE wrestling. . . . .  .

i dare lalaboi to start f-ing with me about this. . . . .
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by lalaboi(m): 3:20pm On Aug 06, 2011
rapjunkie:

so, if  get this right,  . . . . all of the comments on NJO r 4 real?. . . . . or do u accept that with the right 'marketing' i can get 100 plus comments on NJO?

listen . . .  .don't test me. . .i know a lot more than u might think i do. . . . . the first thing u should quit is goading anybody about the comments on NJO. . . .especially since u r now in bed with them. . . unless u want me to air NJO's dirty pants on NL. . this is a warning shot!!
x
@ogugua88

u set urself up about comments on NJO

BUT NJO is not a true test of how popular a song can be /will be on the streets,  . . .  it is a useful medium, no doubt, but don't get caught up with the (over) hype. . . . less than 1% of nigerians have access to the internet. . . . . think about it!!. . . plus a lot of what u see on NJO is staged. . . . just like WWE wrestling. . . . .  .

i dare lalaboi to start f-ing with me about this. . . . .

I laff in the creeks of Ajegunle . .

No where in this thread did i mention that NJO comments determine how big a song is . Off course you can get "100" plus comments on NJO but do you think we are that daft to ignore the IP addresses of those bogus comments for ur so called "marketing"? We will allow it no qualms but if that is the case, who is fooling who? Definitely not us cos we have played our part. If an artist wants to pre-assume that his song is "Big" when in reality its not, na in own palava bdat mehn.

Less than 1% of naija peeps have access to internet? are u frigging kidding me? I cant believe this is coming from you RapJ. Even if we wer going consider nigeria as a whole, have u considered the age group of listeners? Maybe those 70/80/90yr olds are part of your population of naija music lovers. Nigerians abroad? Not with all this BB craze and twitter frenxy and u still think of nigeria as a nation with less internet users? 1 friggingbeking percent?? grin

Dirty secrets ? I dance galala for kontagora!. . . Na u sabi mehn. I'm done arguing this!
Truth is bitter! Swallow am quick so u dont feel it grin
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by rapjunkie(m): 3:41pm On Aug 06, 2011
lalaboi:

I laff in the creeks of Ajegunle . .

No where in this thread did i mention that NJO comments determine how big a song is . Off course you can get "100" plus comments on NJO but do you think we are that daft to ignore the IP addresses of those bogus comments for your so called "marketing"? We will allow it no qualms but if that is the case, who is fooling who? Definitely not us cos we have played our part. If an artist wants to pre-assume that his song is "Big" when in reality its not, na in own palava bdat mehn.

Less than 1% of naija peeps have access to internet? are u frigging kidding me? I cant believe this is coming from you RapJ.   Even if we wer going consider nigeria as a whole, have u considered the age group of listeners? Maybe those 70/80/90yr olds are part of your population of naija music lovers. Nigerians abroad? Not with all this BB craze and twitter frenxy and u still think of nigeria as a nation with less internet users? 1 friggingbeking percent??  grin 

Dirty secrets ? I dance galala for kontagora!. . . Na u sabi mehn. I'm done arguing this!
Truth is bitter! Swallow am quick so u dont feel it grin

read the part i put in bold

are saying that this is news 2 u?. . . .are u really serious?. .  . . . .so u sit on ur high chair in London( that's where are isn't it?) and believe that the internet is available to the majority of nigerians?. . . .WOW!!. . . does the phrase 'out of touch' mean anything to u?

GOSH!. . . .  .i feel like creating a a whole new thread dedicated to this topic. . . . .
Re: Anogiri - "1 Fish" by rapjunkie(m): 4:01pm On Aug 06, 2011
rapjunkie:

read the part i put in bold

are saying that this is news 2 u?. . . .are u really serious?. .  . . . .so u sit on your high chair in London( that's where are isn't it?) and believe that the internet is available to the majority of nigerians?. . . .WOW!!. . . does the phrase 'out of touch' mean anything to u?

GOSH!. . . .  .i feel like creating a a whole new thread dedicated to this topic. . . . .

i just did. . .lol

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-729133.0.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls...where Can I Download Nice Old School Music, Both Nigeria And Foreign... / LYRICS: Yung6ix – Bankulize (refix) Ft Mr Eazi / [music] Sdot Ika Ft Small Baddo - As A Malians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.