Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,361 members, 7,815,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank (16373 Views)

70k Banking Job In Ikorodu Lagos State Or 30k Teaching Job In Ekiti. Please Help / Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. / 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by Tosman12(m): 4:02pm On Jun 29, 2022
einsteine:
Reading the comments, it seems the job offer (that you called Fintech) is from a loan shark. That they offer services through an app does not make them Fintech please. Go and change the topic. It should be 50K job as a Chinese slave or 30K job as a contract worker in a bank. And the answer does not change: both are crap jobs capable of limiting you in life. Some people would tell you it's better than nothing. But it's worse than nothing. There are people who took such jobs as a stop gap years ago and they are still trapped in that job till date. It is not so easy to change jobs once you have settled and some jobs are even easier to get with "a clean slate".

you are very correct... its better to go and learn hand work than get trapped in these contract work in a bank. you get trapped and all ur useful age get used and dump at the end of it.
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by treatise: 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2022
truthCoder:

Which rubbish bank pays 30k per month?

Take the fintech job and still continue to submit CVs
it is called Osusu bank grin
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by Pojaay(m): 4:11pm On Jun 29, 2022
None. Don’t be a slave to the Nigerian Labour market.
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by Emwiz: 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2022
chypotenti:
I am practically confused right now, which do I go for, A 50k job with a Fintech or a 30k job with a Bank?

30k bank work will be better ,,, if you choose that fintech , you will resign after 2days because the conditions for that 50k is difficult to meet
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by TheGift: 4:36pm On Jun 29, 2022
chypotenti:
I am practically confused right now, which do I go for, A 50k job with a Fintech or a 30k job with a Bank?

I would say “none of the above” cos the money is too small. Barely enough to transport one to and from work. Except you are just going for experience.

In which case I’ll say go for the Fintech, more opportunity (for growth) more flexibility (less rules and regulations to conform to, less grunt work, more open to remote work , less straight jacketed, less jackets, more jeans & t-shirts. You get? ) .

Fintech is the future; even the banks are moving towards and investing in fintech. Thus in the future, even if you decide to work in a bank, Fintech experience will give you an edge.

If nothing else, the 50k Fintech job will mean more transport money and less transporting
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by OutOnBail(m): 4:45pm On Jun 29, 2022
Fintech isn't all about loans. Bamboo, Piggyvest, Kuda are all fintechs

FalseProphet1:
Better accept the 30k offer from the bank, fintech Job comes with lots of curses, pressure from your wicked bosses to collect back loans from Nigerian nonchalant customers, hostile working environment, constant deduction of salary... etc.

After defaming your customers, most would release terrible curses on you. You might say it won't work, but after 10 years you'll discover that you haven't made any meaningful progress in life.

Choose wisely.

This I have seen.
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by SoaringLife01: 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2022
Take the FinTech job and use it to boost your CV.

Keep upskilling and have this entrepreneur mindset---start a StartUp in the next 10 years.
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by pacespot(m): 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2022
moneyattractor:
50k For that matter....Nigerians are really suffering.
I have been drumming it to people hears, create wealth for yourself, stop making other people rich...

Exploit the possibilities of online wealth legally. CPA/Affiliate marketing can make you rich, become financially independent, freedom to do anything, go on vacation, own your dream car and even fund an offline business from your CPA/Affiliate marketing earnings.

I have already concluded my Exclusive, highly converting CPA and Affiliate marketing training videos that any newbies can get, use the training to start making $50-$100 Daily promoting CPA/Affiliate offers right from your home.

This are my personal videos created with newbies and staters in mind and pour my years of experience in CPA and Affiliate marketing into it, so any starter of CPA and Affiliate marketer in Nigeria can use to start Affiliate marketing campaign withing 20 minute.

I would teach you how to do paid CPA and Affiliate marketing, with a penny ad budget of $5 With you can run a successful CPA campaign that would earn you your first income online....

This is a business that can be making you $50-$100 daily on complete autopilot after setups.

Anyone that is interested, can chat me up on WhatsApp (check my WhatsApp no. on my signature) for further briefing.

The video training and mentoring would just cost you a penny in naira to get from me, and I would also add you to my inner circle, where I would be rendering you assistance and more updated methods that can make you more money....

This business is as easy as ABC. Don't settle for crumb building other people wealth.. Knowledge they say is power... Get that CPA/ Affiliate knowledge and create wealth for yourself and family.

Check some of my earnings....

Which platform are you using?
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by muyico(m): 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2022
Tosman12:

thats a lie
frnd of mine he working with them! Firstbank pay d most poor salary to they security. Dey were under mayfair security agent.37k per more.but access and gtb is direct staff with strong connection. Make ur investigations and give me feedbk
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by kunlebonik(m): 5:00pm On Jun 29, 2022
Give me time, or call me

1 Like

Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by Papichulostunne(m): 5:11pm On Jun 29, 2022
For you to even dey confused you no deserve the both at all..

30k bank work na work to begin with?
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by Tylerboy15011(m): 5:20pm On Jun 29, 2022
muyico:
U mean bank cleaner?
bcus access bank security earn more 70k per month with penson.medical and e.t.c

No bank security earn 70k plus
Na big lie be that

Even access bank security is around 40k plus except if they have increase it a bit
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by Skwill(m): 5:29pm On Jun 29, 2022
chypotenti:
30k per month! To do what exactly, becoming a barber, laundering at home, tricycle rider or start managing your own POs will be far better before a better opportunity arrive if you have the required skills, qualifications and experience.
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by flexyrule(m): 5:31pm On Jun 29, 2022
muyico:
U mean bank cleaner?
bcus access bank security earn more 70k per month with penson.medical and e.t.c
Access Bank GROs earn 55k monthly.

Stop misleading the public.
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by seanwilliam(m): 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2022
DaddyNimo:

This life sha....and I'm planning to resign from my 200k job....chai people dey suffer oh
honestly . And considering how much things cost these days, 200k is average self.

Buhari don finish this country

1 Like

Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by seanwilliam(m): 5:49pm On Jun 29, 2022
einsteine:
Both are crap jobs.

I am sure it is marketing. Direct Sales Agent. Any company paying 30,000 naira (50 dollars a month) is not a Fintech. A Fintech company should have been able to use technology to eliminate such low paying jobs.
pls don’t covert to usd..it’s heartbreaking

1 Like

Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by mirinder: 6:04pm On Jun 29, 2022
cedricksly:
u are not confused u are just blatantly stupid... Bank job na job That suffer head job that they can kick u out anytime, to even consider it self with the pay offered means you don't know what u are doing.. Even if them decide to pay you 70k for bank job, still collect the fintech...
do you know anything about paymyrent?
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by mirinder: 6:09pm On Jun 29, 2022
9jaRealist:

What BENEFITS are you getting from the Fintech (startup)?
Health insurance? Contributory retirement funds? Etc., etc.?

It’s high-risk, high-reward with startups…
Eg, you may get stock options, but if it fails it won’t be worth the paper it was printed on!

>
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by mirinder: 6:11pm On Jun 29, 2022
InvertedHammer:

/
N30k bank job. Really? Is this a Community bank in Angwan Rogo?

Go with the bank job. Fintech job is a fad. We shall see how many of them survive after next year.

/
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by mirinder: 6:12pm On Jun 29, 2022
qtguru:

50k with Fintech and from there, you can get better jobs in other Fintech
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by silverkings: 6:14pm On Jun 29, 2022
chypotenti:
POS Sales Agent with a Bank...the pay is 30k basic..

Inụkwa. First bank pay 85k with this job role
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by mirinder: 6:15pm On Jun 29, 2022
Watinhapen:
You need to state which bank is paying 30k as monthly salary so we can sue such bank. Anyway salary below 80k in a bank should not be accepted. As for the Fintech job, 50k is quite ok if you’re a fresher without any experience.
do you know anything about paymyrent? Its a fintech firm
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by mirinder: 6:21pm On Jun 29, 2022
einsteine:
Reading the comments, it seems the job offer (that you called Fintech) is from a loan shark. That they offer services through an app does not make them Fintech please. Go and change the topic. It should be 50K job as a Chinese slave or 30K job as a contract worker in a bank. And the answer does not change: both are crap jobs capable of limiting you in life. Some people would tell you it's better than nothing. But it's worse than nothing. There are people who took such jobs as a stop gap years ago and they are still trapped in that job till date. It is not so easy to change jobs once you have settled and some jobs are even easier to get with "a clean slate".
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by mirinder: 6:24pm On Jun 29, 2022
Emwiz:

30k bank work will be better ,,, if you choose that fintech , you will resign after 2days because the conditions for that 50k is difficult to meet
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by mirinder: 6:27pm On Jun 29, 2022
TheGift:

I would say “none of the above” cos the money is too small. Barely enough to transport one to and from work. Except you are just going for experience.

In which case I’ll say go for the Fintech, more opportunity (for growth) more flexibility (less rules and regulations to conform to, less grunt work, more open to remote work , less straight jacketed, less jackets, more jeans & t-shirts. You get? ) .

Fintech is the future; even the banks are moving towards and investing in fintech. Thus in the future, even if you decide to work in a bank, Fintech experience will give you an edge.

If nothing else, the 50k Fintech job will mean more transport money and less transporting
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by mirinder: 6:31pm On Jun 29, 2022
OutOnBail:
Fintech isn't all about loans. Bamboo, Piggyvest, Kuda are all fintechs

do you anything about paymyrent?
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by TSoul(m): 6:46pm On Jun 29, 2022
chypotenti:
POS Sales Agent with a Bank...the pay is 30k basic..
Am sure it's fidelity bank, that useless bank offer me same with stupid unrealistic target to meet......I collected my CV bank and left
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by paduzman: 7:36pm On Jun 29, 2022
Who 30k bank job help? Abeg go for the Fintech work abeg.

Meanwhile, enjoy quality sounds when listening to music with the Oraimo Freepod pro. Sound output has never been better.

Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by cedricksly: 7:55pm On Jun 29, 2022
mirinder:
yes have heard it before from someone, but haven't had time to explore their website.. Why did you ask??
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by mirinder: 8:13pm On Jun 29, 2022
cedricksly:
yes have heard it before from someone, but haven't had time to explore their website.. Why did you ask??
i did an interview with them for the post of customer service officer. I'm scared cos during the interview session, i noticed the faces of the interviewees that went and came out b4 me were not encouraging.
Re: 50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank by Midex88(m): 8:59pm On Jun 29, 2022
xynerise:
Na microfinance Bank?

Fcmb DSA grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Test Invite To GZ Industries Limited At Ogun State / My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup / Septagus Consulting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.