Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,727 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic (16233 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) / Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by Googler(m): 11:15am On Jul 27, 2011
Jeezuzpick:

Nairalanders!!!!!!!!

Has it even occurred to you that the gun-toting dude in the picture

could be an SSS operative, part of some Governor's entourage?

I thought Nigerians are smarter than this!

Post is titled "Guess who this armed dude was protecting"

Poster, can you prove it IRREVOCABLY that it was Pastor Adeboye?

Do you take everything in Nairaland seriously? Of course, that guy is SSS! He may have been assigned to protect Adeboye on the said day, but he's SSS!
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by wolbab: 3:16pm On Jul 27, 2011
May I suggest caution before we begin to malign the character of a humble and respected man of God who has been an example of holiness & humility.
More importantly I have heard Pastor Adeboye say publicly that he rather places his trust in divine security not physical security.He teaches such and his lifestyle mirrors what he teaches.I challenge anybody to prove otherwise.Often when he attends a public program,crows rush to touch him and receive a blessing/miracle/healing.For that reason,I believe anybody inviting him to a program would probably take precautions to control the crowd and prevent a stampede.On his own,he does not use armed security.
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by ideylaff: 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2011
Just realised that the person partially showing in the picture with the Security guy is wearing about the same clothes as GEJ in the picture in which the GO is praying praying for him

Could the person be GEJ himself and someone is just messing about on facebook to create confusion
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by Digiman(m): 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2011
Any so called chosen "man of  God" who chooses to be protected by a mere mortal  is showing a great lack of faith ![/size][size=8pt

After all the praying  and quoting all  scriptures on protection, they do a U turn and rely on gun trotting human beings for their protection  shocked

"Do as I say and  not as I do "   Gospel !
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by philip0906(m): 4:34pm On Jul 27, 2011
oh seems everyone now knows how re.tarded d op is. . .good 2 c dat undecided
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by coolchimex: 9:24am On Jul 28, 2011
The weapon that man is carrying looks like the standard issue rifle of the SSS and he was carrying such in a HOT ZONE (JOS) guarding a man (VIP) who came to visit victims of crisis. Do you think such a person would do otherwise, even though he's a man of God? C'mon get real. Man of God or not, would you go to such a place just like that? Think am now!
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by tungstin: 10:52am On Jul 28, 2011
i don't believe any right thinking Nigerian will dispute d fact that Baba Adeboye is the MOST honorable M.O.G in the country right now and a role model to millions of Nigerians irrespective of their religious belief> So whatever mischief makers cook up to discredit him is nothing new and does not move us. Afterall, the author and finisher of our faith went through same and so therefore, who is anyone to complain if an ignorant guy comes up with such topic? Its just one of those signs of the end time> I just hope the author repents and becomes born again before its too late.
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by ideylaff: 11:46am On Jul 28, 2011
From what saw and gathered from the postings on other forums, the same FB poster and the GO's son Leke looks well built.

Yes Leke is a very BIg Boy, Thick skinned I must say, as well.
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by maybob(f): 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2011
lets not get things wrong here. how many christian clerics has boko haram atttacked? Besides, that is not the point. he should hav nothing to fear as he claims to be a highly spiritual person. THIS IS AN EYE-SORE and should not be encouraged.
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by dan6019(m): 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2011
Father forgive them for they know not what to say
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by solaadonai(m): 9:43pm On Jul 28, 2011
use ur brain. did u see the full pics wit pst adeboye or because someone is fully armed standing on a street at the camp implies he is protecting adeboye. where is pst adeboye in this pics. use ur brain, nigerians
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by fid4992: 12:25pm On Aug 31, 2011
@Digiman,Pls dude can i have your email address? i want some vital info from you.mine is
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by numen(m): 7:43am On Aug 19, 2013
sirjec:

Who said Jesus did not have security? What was peter doing with knife? Recall they wanted to fight when the soldiers came to arrest Jesus but he stopped them. So why were they armed?

They need security.

I seriously believe you were told this story that you didn't read it from the bible. If not, you'll know that Peter was an apostle not a mai guard and he took the soldier's knife not his to attack the soldier and he did so because somebody is trying to sieze his Master unjustly. It was an impulsive reaction.

If you trully love, believe and trust God, just live your righteous life and God will do the rest. If anyone is carrying armed men for protection, that persons has no faith or submission to God's plan for him or her.

NB: For those of you saying the pastor is not in the pic. Must he be? Is it a hidden knowledge? Everybody knows....
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by tecmon: 10:20am On Aug 31, 2013
For those ignoramuses that never owned or read a Bible, pls read these verses:

Case Study 1
Lu:22:36: Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Lu:22:38: And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Case Study 2
M't:26:47: And while he yet spake, lo, Judas, one of the twelve, came, and with him a great multitude with swords and staves, from the chief priests and elders of the people.
M't:26:51: And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear.
Joh:18:10: Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.

Lu:22:49: When they which were about him saw what would follow, they said unto him, Lord, shall we smite with the sword?

Case Study 3

[b]Ac:23:12: And when it was day, certain of the Jews banded together, and bound themselves under a curse, saying that they would neither eat nor drink till they had killed Paul.
Ac:23:13: And they were more than forty which had made this conspiracy.
Ac:23:14: And they came to the chief priests and elders, and said, We have bound ourselves under a great curse, that we will eat nothing until we have slain Paul.
Ac:23:15: Now therefore ye with the council signify to the chief captain that he bring him down unto you to morrow, as though ye would enquire something more perfectly concerning him: and we, or ever he come near, are ready to kill him.
Ac:23:16: And when Paul's sister's son heard of their lying in wait, he went and entered into the castle, and told Paul.
Ac:23:17: Then Paul called one of the centurions unto him, and said, Bring this young man unto the chief captain: for he hath a certain thing to tell him.

Ac:23:23: And he called unto him two centurions, saying, Make ready two hundred soldiers to go to Caesarea, and horsemen threescore and ten, and spearmen two hundred, at the third hour of the night;
Ac:23:24: And provide them beasts, that they may set Paul on, and bring him safe unto Felix the governor.

Ac:23:31: Then the soldiers, as it was commanded them, took Paul, and brought him by night to Antipatris.
Ac:23:32: On the morrow they left the horsemen to go with him, and returned to the castle:
[/b]

People should be careful with their mouth, especially when it has to do with men of God,

Jas:2:26: For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Jas:3:2: For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
Jas:3:3: Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
Jas:3:6: And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

be very careful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Six Important Things You Should Seek From God / Questions For Logic1 (if You Have Doubts Concerning The Christian Faith) / God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.