Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Is It Possible To Import A Brand New Car From Us For Personal Use? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Is It Possible To Import A Brand New Car From Us For Personal Use? (2540 Views)

Want To Import Your Car From Cotonou: Try Hassrash-from A Satisfied Customer / Pre-order Your Car From Germany with just 100,000 + picturesss / We Can Help You Clear Your Desired Car From Coutonu Port To Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Import A Brand New Car From Us For Personal Use? by Aro007: 11:20am On Jul 25, 2011
Hello House,
I want to buy a brand new car. However, the quality of the new cars for sale in Nigeria is really terrible compared with an America Spec car. I would appreciate if someone in the house can provide the answers to my questions below.

1) How much would i need to Ship in the car and the amount required for clearing a new car?
2) Are there any other special requirement or fees to pay for importing a new car?
3) Would the landing cost of a new car be more expensive/cheaper than getting it in 9ja

Answers to my question would really be appreciated
Re: Is It Possible To Import A Brand New Car From Us For Personal Use? by inspiredm(m): 11:31am On Jul 25, 2011
What is the Brand and Model of the Vehicle You're planning to Import ?

This will assist in giving you Quotes for Shipping, Clearing and other Documentations Necessary.
Re: Is It Possible To Import A Brand New Car From Us For Personal Use? by cream2(m): 1:23pm On Jul 25, 2011
inspired_m, kindly use 2011 LR4 as an example

cheers
Re: Is It Possible To Import A Brand New Car From Us For Personal Use? by Aro007: 1:46pm On Jul 25, 2011
Kindly use Toyota Camry 2010/2011 and Corolla 2010/2011 as a reference
Re: Is It Possible To Import A Brand New Car From Us For Personal Use? by bolayei: 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2011
we supply conversion parts all makes available to convert your right hand drive car to left hand drive
Re: Is It Possible To Import A Brand New Car From Us For Personal Use? by metrixauto: 1:57pm On Jul 25, 2011
we can help you out in this regards,contact Metrix Autos on 08029091965,07035039114
Re: Is It Possible To Import A Brand New Car From Us For Personal Use? by Fhemmmy: 2:05pm On Jul 25, 2011
[b]Yes, it is possible for you to import any kinda ride to Nigeria for personal use . . . However, doing a brand new ride, i am sure have some conditions on the clearing.
The clearing cost, i would advice you speak to Adexfem of Nairaland or Mr. Banji . . . . I have done numerous business with Adexfem and so are many other dealers in the house, so talk to him regarding the clearing cost of those rides.

If i am not mistaken, the clearing is a little different and the cost would be real high for brand new with 0 Miles on it, except you are buying a demo from America with little mileage on it, however, that wont be termed brand new anymore, that would be used, but mind you it is just a demo that the dealership was using as test drives for the customers and still in showroom conditions.

If you are talking of brand new and you listing a 2010 and 2011 ride, then, please be sure you are talking of brand new or you means American used that has never been used in Nigeria, cos you would just add few more to that money and get yourself a 2012, if you really want a brand New.

The Shipping cost from New Jersey or Florida would be 1300$$ (Inclusive of the CTN Fees)
The cost of buying the ride would depend on what kinda toy you want ( The model)

So give more information and we will be more than glad to assist you . . . . . .

We could help you secure the ride, or if you find something yourself, we could help you arrange shipping and introduce you to clearing agents, or guide you in the clearing process.

Good luck[/b]
Re: Is It Possible To Import A Brand New Car From Us For Personal Use? by shawonlese: 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2011
@ Aro,

There are two types of brand new cars.

Clean title brand new cars and

Salvage cars ( eg those which may have suffered flood/water and declared salvage) you find most of them on sale in Nigeria, because they are cheaper for the car dealers to purchase and display in the showrooms.

@Femmy it is almost impossible to get a brand new car with 0.0 miles. The car has to be driven from factory to parking lot, driven on port side onboard vessel.

@OP Whatever ride you want, we can help you secure it.

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 
Engine: V6, 3.8L 
Transmission: Automatic 
Drive:  4WD 
Type:  4 Door 
Mileage: 6 
Title:  MSO-Export

Comments:   
New Vehicle. 

Aro_007:

Hello House,
I want to buy a brand new car. However, the quality of the new cars for sale in Nigeria is really terrible compared with an America Spec car. I would appreciate if someone in the house can provide the answers to my questions below.

1) How much would i need to Ship in the car and the amount required for clearing a new car? shipping is dependent on your choice. Roro 1852-2250usd. or Container $6000-$8000
2) Are there any other special requirement or fees to pay for importing a new car? Clearing agents best to answer this one.
3) Would the landing cost of a new car be more expensive/cheaper than getting it in 9ja Depends on dealership.

Answers to my question would really be appreciated

Re: Is It Possible To Import A Brand New Car From Us For Personal Use? by Fhemmmy: 3:54pm On Jul 25, 2011
shawonlese:

@ Aro,

There are two types of brand new cars.

Clean title brand new cars and

Salvage cars ( eg those which may have suffered flood/water and declared salvage) you find most of them on sale in Nigeria, because they are cheaper for the car dealers to purchase and display in the showrooms.

@Femmy it is almost impossible to get a brand new car with 0.0 miles. The car has to be driven from factory to parking lot, driven on port side onboard vessel.

@OP Whatever ride you want, we can help you secure it.

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 
Engine: V6, 3.8L 
Transmission: Automatic 
Drive:  4WD 
Type:  4 Door 
Mileage: 6 
Title:  MSO-Export

Comments:   
New Vehicle. 

Like you said, Almost . . .
If you have the money and willing to burn that money to get 0 Mileage, and mind you, you were the one that added the ".0" to the ) miles, cos you ave few movement to get to 1 Mile.
Re: Is It Possible To Import A Brand New Car From Us For Personal Use? by shawonlese: 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2011
2011 Brand new LR4 Landing cost Tincan port. N10.2m
Re: Is It Possible To Import A Brand New Car From Us For Personal Use? by GoldCircle: 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2011
@ OP,
it actually depends on the car make! if you are indeed considering a brand new ride, I advise you buy in Nigeria. Especially if you are considering an established brand like Range Rover , Toyota e.t.c I had a cousin who shipped in a brand new car from the US and it turned out to be a lemon as the warranty on the car became voided once it left the shores of the US. Bottomline, you are safer with a brand new car here especially with the after sales service.
Re: Is It Possible To Import A Brand New Car From Us For Personal Use? by inspiredm(m): 5:12pm On Jul 25, 2011
[b]Before You Export a Brand New car from the USA, it has to be Titled In Someone's Name.

Titling in Means it already has an Owner, So Technically it is impossible to get a vehicle from the Factory and Export it Out of the USA directly.

Here in Nigeria, US Imported Cars With Mileages below 100 miles are Regarded as Brand New.

Talk of Customs Clearing, Nigerian Customs Clearing have been Instructed to Discourage Individuals from Importing Brand new Cars, this is in a Bid to encourage Nigerian Indigenous Brand New Car Dealers With Franchise Licenses.

Specifically Toyota Nigeria Limited got directives From Abuja that Nigerian Customs Should escalate Clearing Charges on Brand New Toyota Cars Being Imported by Individuals or Private Dealers, this is to leave Buyers with No option than to Buy Locally.

To Clear a 2011 Toyota Prado now costs over 3 million Naira

To Clear a 2011 Toyota amry costs 1.5 Million Naira, At the End of the Day, You as a Dealer would be Loosing and a Buyer would have no Option than to Buy Locally.

Brands like Hyundai, Kia etc are really Not Affected.

Coscharis has the Franchise License for BMWs Jaguar and Land Rover.
[/b]
Re: Is It Possible To Import A Brand New Car From Us For Personal Use? by shawonlese: 5:29pm On Jul 25, 2011
inspired_m:

[b]Before You Export a Brand New car from the USA, it has to be Titled In Someone's Name.

Titling in Means it already has an Owner, So Technically it is impossible to get a vehicle from the Factory and Export it Out of the USA directly.

Here in Nigeria, US Imported Cars With Mileages below 100 miles are Regarded as Brand New.

Talk of Customs Clearing, Nigerian Customs Clearing have been Instructed to Discourage Individuals from Importing Brand new Cars, this is in a Bid to encourage Nigerian Indigenous Brand New Car Dealers With Franchise Licenses.

Specifically Toyota Nigeria Limited got directives From Abuja that Nigerian Customs Should escalate Clearing Charges on Brand New Toyota Cars Being Imported by Individuals or Private Dealers, this is to leave Buyers with No option than to Buy Locally.[/b]To Clear a 2011 Toyota Prado now costs over 3 million Naira

To Clear a 2011 Toyota amry costs 1.5 Million Naira, At the End of the Day, You as a Dealer would be Loosing and a Buyer would have no Option than to Buy Locally.

Brands like Hyundai, Kia etc are really Not Affected.

Coscharis has the Franchise License for BMWs Jaguar and Land Rover.

That bolded is true.

Costs about 1.4m to clear a 2010 Toyota camry. Almost half the price of the car.

(1) (Reply)

Ford Explorer 2004 Full Option For Sale: 1.2m(SOLD) / For Sale Used Equipment / Fairly Used Trucks For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.