Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,535 members, 7,827,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

A Female Doctor Commits Suicide After Testing Positive To Hiv - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Female Doctor Commits Suicide After Testing Positive To Hiv (10544 Views)

Eight-Year-Old Girl Tests Positive To Lassa Fever In Gombe / Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola / 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Female Doctor Commits Suicide After Testing Positive To Hiv by MAYSAMUEL(m): 12:31pm On Jul 25, 2011
A female doctor attached to a private hospital in Eket local government area of Akwa Ibom State has decided to take her life by commiting suicide after she was diagnosed to be HIV positive.
It was a thing of surprise for residents of the town when they were confronted with the gory sight of the body of unmarried lady whose name was given as Annastasia Ekanem dangling from her bedroom.
A source said that the very pretty lady was to be married to a young man from Rivers State in a few months time but that the husband to be had insisted on the two of them having an HIV test and unfortunately, Dr.Ann, as she was fondly called, tested positive to the dreaded disease and instead of battling it like the medical doctor she is, she decided to end it as she could not stand the shame and the stigma.
It was also gathered that she left a suicide note asking her family to forgive her for the action she had to take. My advice goes out to us all, please insist on HIV test before marriage oo.

www.sisi-ologe..com
Re: A Female Doctor Commits Suicide After Testing Positive To Hiv by karlken(m): 2:39pm On Jul 25, 2011
Wao!
Re: A Female Doctor Commits Suicide After Testing Positive To Hiv by Afam4eva(m): 3:55pm On Jul 25, 2011
If a doctor can do this how much more a non-doctor. I'm sure she must adviced HIV patients that there's life after HIV.
Re: A Female Doctor Commits Suicide After Testing Positive To Hiv by georgem(m): 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2011
why are we forgetting that sometimes the test could be wrong. i think she should have tried another test and you never know as a medical practitioner she should have held the hope that someday there might come to be a cure but nevertheless, there is no excuse to taking ones life. its really sad the way nigerians are going about taking thier lives after some pretty instance of misfortune. abi is magic Johnson not still leaving today? tot he was the first public figure to come out to say he was positive and still leave to enjoy every breath of life till this moment. please let us all mind what we post because you never can tell who might be reading your post. let us hold up a touch of hope for everyone wether depressed or victim of unfavourable illness or circumstance, life is beautiful enjoy every little breath and never give up without a fight. afterall quiters dont win and winners never quit.

2 Likes

Re: A Female Doctor Commits Suicide After Testing Positive To Hiv by BlackMage: 12:53pm On Jul 28, 2011
As a person who has watched all the available Seasons of CSI Las Vegas, CSI Miami, CSI New York, NCIS, and NCIS Los Angeles, I completely reject the verdict of "suicide" until I have seen the forensics data with my own eyes.

As a Pathology Laboratory Assistant staff of 30 years standing, I know that a HIV Positive result means much less than what the layman think it does.
In the lab, incredible stuff goes down. Samples can get switched. The reagents expire and give false positive. The Control Specimen may be wrong.

As a Policeman, I would presume Murder, and suspect that she was killed by a layman, who made it look like a suicide.
A lover who finds that they may have been compromised by their partner's carelessness has motive.

What Handwriting Expert verified the suicide note?
Was it analyzed for stress, suggesting that it was written under threat of death or harm.
Was it analyzed for forgery? Was the vicinity swept for draft copies. (If you were writing a suicide note, would you get it right the first time?)

There was this beautiful BBC Radio Medical Hospital Drama, WESTWAYS, where one of the doctors- Joy Onuokwe (the Black one, of course!) got exposed by a needle-jab, and turned up HIV-Positive. She did not commit suicide, and merely took precautions to avoid infecting others. This reflects what happens around the World.

The World-Famous "MARLBORO MAN" was a male homosexual, and became infected through sexual contact- the most stigmatized means of infection- and spent his days going around lecturing youngsters, trying to convince them to do positive (no pun intended) things with their lives, so that they did not end up as he was going to. There was this brave young lad in South Africa, who was infected as a child- who did pretty much the same thing for a number of years while HIV-positive.

When the disease SARS was recently considered an automatic Death-Sentence, a Doctor Garth Brooks, I believe his name was (I heard about it on THE POWERHOUR, on WHRI- that is Shortwave, and not always very clear,) contracted it from his patient, so that they were both dying. He did not give up, even though everyone said that he was going to die, because no antibiotic was effective.

He found out that juice extracted from Oregano and "Yellow Onions" and Garlic cures SARS- for very little cost.
The patients vomit greenish-yellow pus, and recover. He was talking about this on the radio, because the American Medical Establishment covers up this and other such effective remedies that are not in the Medical Textbooks (which they wrote).

AIDS has been successfully cured, but the cures were buried- sometimes with the persons who found them. (Assassination.)
There has been a rumour that there was a Native Doctror called "Abakalaka" in this country, who cured AIDS- then was lured to America, and then murdered.
I tried to find out the details on the Internet once, a few years ago, but what I found at that time was that Abakalaka was not the name of a guy, but an HIV-Management Organization in Malawi, or somewhere. (Maybe someone else here has better information? This could even have been faked!)

I believe from the evidence before me, that the doctor was murdered by a person ignorant of the Scientific realities of HIV-Positivity, and this may be the clue to catching them.

3 Likes

Re: A Female Doctor Commits Suicide After Testing Positive To Hiv by Njgirl1: 2:06am On Jul 30, 2011
@sike once infected coffin aint next. One can leave positively with HIV $ AIDS for many years some of them are killed by same agents that kill even the healthy everyday eg accidents gunshots fire outbreaks heartattacks electric shocks drowning etc . both negative & positive people die every day and people who are positive and negative live every day
Re: A Female Doctor Commits Suicide After Testing Positive To Hiv by ejike68: 7:53pm On Aug 15, 2011
Quite unfortunate.Testing positive to HIV/AIDS is no longer a death sentence.Anybody who dies of AIDS these days chooses to die,pure and simple.I'm a health worker and I know of people who are living positively with HIV.Some are even married and have given birth to HIV negative babies.I have also come across cases where one partner is infected while the other is not and they are living happily.Our people should stop hiding,come out and seek help from medical experts.
If there is one disease really to be dreaded,it is cancer.It kills mercilessly,has no cure and is no respecter of status or social class.Once it has spread,no amount of money can save the victim.
Re: A Female Doctor Commits Suicide After Testing Positive To Hiv by Greenpro: 9:32am On Aug 16, 2011
it is a sin not to keep hope alive. Nigerians keep faith with God and destiny .

Green world health
Re: A Female Doctor Commits Suicide After Testing Positive To Hiv by alldone(m): 1:38pm On Aug 17, 2011
that was a sad one for a medical doctor.
Re: A Female Doctor Commits Suicide After Testing Positive To Hiv by jamace(m): 8:35pm On Aug 20, 2011
So sad. sad sad
Re: A Female Doctor Commits Suicide After Testing Positive To Hiv by Syfy(f): 6:27pm On Sep 06, 2011
Eyaa lipsrsealed
Re: A Female Doctor Commits Suicide After Testing Positive To Hiv by ibizgirl(f): 7:46pm On Sep 07, 2011
It is simply amazing to hear someone say after HIV is coffin! There is life after HIV, haven't you heard of antiretroviral. There are millions of HIV positive woman having negative babies!
Re: A Female Doctor Commits Suicide After Testing Positive To Hiv by Sissy3(f): 8:04pm On Sep 07, 2011
sad that she chose the easy-way out. as a doctor, she should known that there are many resources to aid in management of the disease
Re: A Female Doctor Commits Suicide After Testing Positive To Hiv by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 23, 2013
Things are happening
Re: A Female Doctor Commits Suicide After Testing Positive To Hiv by syphonnglobal: 7:48am On Nov 06, 2018
BAD FOR HER

Science agrees that: Eating an apple a day may in truthfully keep your cardiologist away. Proves have shown that frequent apple consumption may reduce total cholesterol. That is thanks to the phenolic compounds contained in apple skins a.k.a. the antioxidant compounds that help promote healthy cellular function and proper flow of blood.....[745 more words]
READ MORE http://syphonnglobal.com/foods-to-lower-cholesterol-level/

(1) (Reply)

Doctors’ Strike Paralyses Ekiti Teaching Hospital / Postinor 2 Price In Nigeria (pregnancy Prevention Pill) / What Happens If A Man Takes Abortion Pills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.