Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. (3770 Views)

NAICOM Set To Announce New Price For 3rd Party Motor Insurance / Is Citreon c3 a good choice? (Pic attached) / Distres Sale(fiat Ducato Long Frame Bus) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by mamcoker: 9:25pm On Jul 01, 2022
Hi house, just float a 3pl logistics and decided to get Tokunbo van. Pls wish do you advice between, Mercedes sprinter, Renault Master, Fiat ducato and citrean jumper. Will appreciate any contribution. Thanks
Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by mobolaji234: 11:24pm On Jul 01, 2022
Fiat ducato and jumper are the same. Just different badges

1 Like

Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by Kasdat5(m): 2:06pm On Jul 03, 2022
mamcoker:
Hi house, just float a 3pl logistics a decided to get Tokunbo van. Pls wish do you advice between, Mercedes sprinter, Renault Master, Fiat ducato and citrean jumper. Will appreciate any contribution. Thanks

I'd go for ducato or boxer ( but boxer is not in the tick ) , if by any chance you can get a Ford Transit , I'll bet my money on it anytime

1 Like

Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by mamcoker: 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
Kasdat5:

I'd go for ducato or boxer ( but boxer is not in the tick ) , if by any chance you can get a Ford Transit , I'll bet my money on it anytime

Have seen good and lovely offer for transit but mechanics told me to go for peagout product
Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by Kasdat5(m): 4:53pm On Jul 03, 2022
mamcoker:

Have seen good and lovely offer for transit but mechanics told me to go for peagout product

Those mech are not well informed , I have used both , boxer & Ford Transit , lemme burst your brains , my mum was one of the first owners of PAN assembled boxer in Nigeria , it was a flop
Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by mamcoker: 6:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
Kasdat5:

Those mech are not well informed , I have used both , boxer & Ford Transit , lemme burst your brains , my mum was one of the first owners of PAN assembled boxer in Nigeria , it was a flop

Really appreciate your advice, will consult more to see which is better, though I see lots of Ford transit on the road
Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by diportivo: 12:32am On Jul 04, 2022
mamcoker:

Really appreciate your advice, will consult more to see which is better, though I see lots of Ford transit on the road

out of point

not what u need

but just incase someone u know has floated you kind of business and needs pick up vans,I av 2 units ot mitsubishi l200 for sale

no vex say I bomb ur thread

Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by mamcoker: 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kasdat5:

Thanks for this had honest conversation with my machinist and we both concluded that Ford is stronger and has more cargo space.
Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by Kasdat5(m): 2:09pm On Jul 04, 2022
mamcoker:

Thanks for this had honest conversation with my machinist and we both concluded that Ford is stronger and has more cargo space.
Glad I was of help , but what generation of transit do you intend to go for ??
Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by mamcoker: 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2022
I want to get 2004 upward. And also, is it advisable to buy the one converted from right to left
Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by biggace(m): 8:07am On Jul 05, 2022
mamcoker:
I want to get 2004 upward. And also, is it advisable to by the one converted from right to left
go for the older models as the spare parts is cheaper than the newer model and avoid the converted one if you're using it for heavy loads.
Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by Kasdat5(m): 9:29am On Jul 05, 2022
I think the 2nd generation transit is the most rugged , the one you stated for me is a little bit frigile ( same one I used too , high roof/long frame ) but anyways , am positive they will serve you very well in the long run , converted or not, as long as it's properly done. should you choose to go for the diesel engine , please get a honest & competent mech , all the best & don't be shy to hit us up how it's going
Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by Fixed: 11:33pm On Aug 04, 2022
I sell all the vehicles listed above... Ford Transit, Mercedes Sprinter, Volkswagen LT, Volkswagen T4, Fiat Ducato, Peugeot Boxer and Citroen Jumper. The Ducato, Jumper and Boxer are cousins and use similar engines. But there are several options to choose from in both diesel and petrol engines. They are very good and super strong. The Ford Transit is equally good and handles very well.

What should determine your choice should be purpose which you stated, size of usual load to determine engine option that will serve, tire size and reinforcement of the shocks. Your location will also determine availability of technician and parts and even availability of fuel type in your area - diesel or petrol.

The VW LT and Mercedes Sprinter were jointly developed by both companies. They share the same petrol engine but different engines for diesel models. Many mechanical parts are interchangeable. These are horses that will serve you any day.

If you are going for the Fiat/Peugeot/Citroen then go for the 2nd generation, 1996-2001. Though very scarce and expensive, the petrol versions are better considering the cost of diesel. Parts are abundant and mechanics are available if you are in Lagos. The diesel models are also still very good. Petrol is well above 4m if you can ever get while diesel is about 3m.

Ford Transit is cheaper. Petrol is also scarce but available for 2001 models and below. Perhaps the shape of the old models may be a bit too old for your type of business, all the same they are good.

The LT and Sprinter are very good and even stronger to me. Though they look similar but the sprinter is usually more expensive even from the point of import because oyinbo believe this is Mercedes. Petrol versions are almost now non-existent in the market. But their engines can be replaced with Mercedes C class petrol engine here if you must. Clean LT is about 3m+ and sprinter is a bit higher.

If your goods are not so heavy and not so big, you may want to consider a long chassis VW T4 petrol which are available in the market. Fuel consumption is much lower, maintenance is cheaper and mechanics and parts are available. I am saying this because of the current realities. Fueling the larger diesel vans could cost up to 80k for 100 liters of diesel in their big thanks. Their fuel versions are scarce and expensive. Depending on the orders you have to fulfill, you can burn 80k in just one week and over 300k in one month on the diesel vans but much lower for a T4.

2 Likes

Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by sotech: 8:01pm On Aug 07, 2022
Good evening chief. I am working towards starting a haulage business.
Is the vw T4 good.
Which year should one buy
What's the difference between long and short chassis
Is it fuel efficient and maintenance?
What's the present price of vw T4 ( long and short)
Alternatively
Is Ford Transit ok too as regards the questions above.
Hope to hear from you soon

quote author=Fixed post=115393432]I sell all the vehicles listed above... Ford Transit, Mercedes Sprinter, Volkswagen LT, Volkswagen T4, Fiat Ducato, Peugeot Boxer and Citroen Jumper. The Ducato, Jumper and Boxer are cousins and use similar engines. But there are several options to choose from in both diesel and petrol engines. They are very good and super strong. The Ford Transit is equally good and handles very well.

What should determine your choice should be purpose which you stated, size of usual load to determine engine option that will serve, tire size and reinforcement of the shocks. Your location will also determine availability of technician and parts and even availability of fuel type in your area - diesel or petrol.

The VW LT and Mercedes Sprinter were jointly developed by both companies. They share the same petrol engine but different engines for diesel models. Many mechanical parts are interchangeable. These are horses that will serve you any day.

If you are going for the Fiat/Peugeot/Citroen then go for the 2nd generation, 1996-2001. Though very scarce and expensive, the petrol versions are better considering the cost of diesel. Parts are abundant and mechanics are available if you are in Lagos. The diesel models are also still very good. Petrol is well above 4m if you can ever get while diesel is about 3m.

Ford Transit is cheaper. Petrol is also scarce but available for 2001 models and below. Perhaps the shape of the old models may be a bit too old for your type of business, all the same they are good.

The LT and Sprinter are very good and even stronger to me. Though they look similar but the sprinter is usually more expensive even from the point of import because oyinbo believe this is Mercedes. Petrol versions are almost now non-existent in the market. But their engines can be replaced with Mercedes C class petrol engine here if you must. Clean LT is about 3m+ and sprinter is a bit higher.

If your goods are not so heavy and not so big, you may want to consider a long chassis VW T4 petrol which are available in the market. Fuel consumption is much lower, maintenance is cheaper and mechanics and parts are available. I am saying this because of the current realities. Fueling the larger diesel vans could cost up to 80k for 100 liters of diesel in their big thanks. Their fuel versions are scarce and expensive. Depending on the orders you have to fulfill, you can burn 80k in just one week and over 300k in one month on the diesel vans but much lower for a T4.[/quote]
Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by Fixed: 11:54pm On Aug 07, 2022
sotech:
Is the vw T4 good.
Alternatively
Haulage from where to where? Though I don't know your location. If it's long distance haulage or interstate then you may want to consider a van that gives you more space to move goods. A T4 wouldn't carry as much as a big size Ducato would. You will need to carry bigger load (not overweight please) in a long distance to compensate for the expenses. But if your plan is to get a van that can haul goods from say building material market to another location within the city or state, then the T4 is just perfect. For durability, T4 is good. It is now very common as commercial buses in many parts of Lagos and some other towns. I saw them in use all over Lagos Island. It is the model that replaced T3, that is the enduring popular rear-engined Vanagon.
The difference between long and short chassis is the length. Long chassis is about half a meter longer than the Short chassis. So it gives you more space to carry load. Also perfect if you decide to convert to passenger bus.
Your best bet on price is to go to car stand where they sell. Prices are so fluid these days and I may mislead you. By the time you go to 3 places you will get a good idea. But note that there are several configurations and their prices are different. Engine type, body type, roof height, seats etc. All of these will determine price variations. Just as a guide, very clean petrol long chassis may be around 3m while the short may be 200k cheaper. Diesel models are a little cheaper.

If you are going to get the petrol then you may consider the 5 cylinder 2.5 engine. You will have about 115 horsepower to haul goods. If you want to go for diesel, I suggest you consider the 2.4 which I think does not have turbo that can stress lazy mechanics.

2 Likes

Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by sotech: 8:22am On Aug 08, 2022
Thank you for your quick response.

Location is Ilorin, Kwara state

Hauling goods such as building materials and consumables from warehouse.

Mostly within the state. Sometimes , Ilorin to ogbomoso,ibadan, osogbo, south west to be precise.

Hope the T4 is fit for this. Also what is the max tonne. To carry , to avoid overloading. Which kills vehicle overtime.

1 Like

Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by NicoKator: 1:06am On Aug 12, 2022
Veryvery educative, kudos for your selfless service.
Thanks
Fixed:
I sell all the vehicles listed above... Ford Transit, Mercedes Sprinter, Volkswagen LT, Volkswagen T4, Fiat Ducato, Peugeot Boxer and Citroen Jumper. The Ducato, Jumper and Boxer are cousins and use similar engines. But there are several options to choose from in both diesel and petrol engines. They are very good and super strong. The Ford Transit is equally good and handles very well.

If your goods are not so heavy and not so big, you may want to consider a long chassis VW T4 petrol which are available in the market. Fuel consumption is much lower, maintenance is cheaper and mechanics and parts are available. I am saying this because of the current realities. Fueling the larger diesel vans could cost up to 80k for 100 liters of diesel in their big thanks. Their fuel versions are scarce and expensive. Depending on the orders you have to fulfill, you can burn 80k in just one week and over 300k in one month on the diesel vans but much lower for a T4.
Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by Kasdat5(m): 6:18am On Aug 12, 2022
Fixed:

What should determine your choice should b seee purpose which you stated, size of usual load to determine engine option that will serve, tire size and reinforcement of the shocks. Your location will also determine availability of technician and parts and even availability of fuel type in your area - diesel or petrol.

Listen to this guy , he knows it all

2 Likes

Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by horllytee(m): 4:57pm On Aug 12, 2022
Ford.. transit or Volkswagen.. transporter
Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by mamcoker: 3:17am On Sep 04, 2022
Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by mamcoker: 3:19am On Sep 04, 2022
What a lovely angle. Really appreciate
sotech:
Is the vw T4 good.
Alternatively

quote author=Fixed post=115393432]I sell all the vehicles listed above... Ford Transit, Mercedes Sprinter, Volkswagen LT, Volkswagen T4, Fiat Ducato, Peugeot Boxer and Citroen Jumper. The Ducato, Jumper and Boxer are cousins and use similar engines. But there are several options to choose from in both diesel and petrol engines. They are very good and super strong. The Ford Transit is equally good and handles very well.

Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by mamcoker: 5:48pm On Sep 05, 2022
Kasdat5:
I think the 2nd generation transit is the most rugged , the one you stated for me is a little bit frigile ( same one I used too , high roof/long frame ) but anyways , am positive they will serve you very well in the long run , converted or not, as long as it's properly done. should you choose to go for the diesel engine , please get a honest & competent mech , all the best & don't be shy to hit us up how it's going

Finally Got this, will give account of progress to encourage others as you guys did to me

Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by Kayode3747: 8:21am On Sep 12, 2022
mamcoker:

Finally Got this, will give account of progress to encourage others as you guys did to me
congrat how much do you get it and location of where you purchased it
Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by Kayode3747: 8:23am On Sep 12, 2022
[quote author=mamcoker post=116383880]

Finally Got this, will give account of progress to encourage others as you guys did to me. Please what the price of this lovely van and location of purchase
Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by mamcoker: 2:54pm On Oct 08, 2022
mamcoker:

This is to tell you all that I will have to sell the van as the initial contract we were expecting is taking ages and its difficult getting another one.
Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by Kasdat5(m): 7:25pm On Oct 08, 2022
mamcoker:

This is to tell you all that I will have to sell the van as the initial contract we were expecting is taking ages and its difficult getting another one.

What happened ??
Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by Kayode3747: 5:41am On Oct 19, 2022
Why are you refusing to answer our question
Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by Kayode3747: 6:04am On Oct 19, 2022
Planning to start a farm produce buying and haulaging,I need Volkswagen transporter t4 long chasis petrol engine,neat body and sound engine with fair price if available dm me on my WhatsApp 08165194441 location Ibadan.
Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by okoroemeka(m): 11:53am On Oct 19, 2022
Fixed:

this is a complete concise analysis from a competent professional, a Nigerian used Honda Ridgeline neefed for farmwork,any show just WhatsApp/call 081+199+420+49

1 Like

Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by wonda26(m): 2:42pm On Dec 18, 2022
mamcoker:

You didn't update us as promised. Price range of the van, make and specs, and experiences within the time u used it.
Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by mamcoker: 2:58pm On Dec 18, 2022
wonda26:

You didn't update us as promised. Price range of the van, make and specs, and experiences within the time u used it.

Am sorry dat I dint return here, my plan is to use it as side hussle . I got a ford transit 2002 long chassis , high roof. It was converted from right to left. I did the papers but never used the vehicle once. I am yet to even put the plate number. I have lots of engagement that takes my time. And I don’t want to start a business that I wound be able to monitor. I might sell the van in the long run
Re: Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. by wonda26(m): 3:18pm On Dec 18, 2022
mamcoker:

Am sorry dat I dint return here, my plan is to use it as side hussle . I got a ford transit 2002 long chassis , high roof. It was converted from right to left. I did the papers but never used the vehicle once. I am yet to even put the plate number. I have lots of engagement that takes my time. And I don’t want to start a business that I wound be able to monitor. I might sell the van in the long run
That's great. Nice vehicle. Can u give an idea of what it cost u? U could give a range

(1) (2) (Reply)

Land Rover (lr3),honda Accord(evil Spirit)and Mercedes Benz Cls 500(used).advice / I Want To Buy A Mercedes Benz C300 2015 / Mobil 1 5w30 And 0w20 Is Now Available....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.