Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,742 members, 7,851,557 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:45 PM

Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. (488 Views)

TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened' / Why Does The God Build Mansion In Heaven But Refuse To Build A Temple For Itself / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by IrepChrist: 7:20am On Jul 03, 2022
Jesus addressed the hypocrisy of the Jewish leaders in

Matthew 23:23. These men interpreted the Law as commanding tithing over helping the needy. Jesus said, “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites. For you tithe mint and dill and cumin and have neglected the weightier provisions of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness, but these are the things you should have done without neglecting the others.”

He is making a contrast between the importance of giving of our possessions (money or things) and living our lives in ways that make other people’s lives better. Giving for giving’s sake does little for our spiritual growth. God wants your soul saved before your money.
Let your tithing be only a reflection of your love and support the furtherance of the gospel.
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Righteousness2(m): 7:44am On Jul 03, 2022
Yes tithing does not guarantee you will make Heaven, but not tithing could hinder a Believer from Heaven.

Giving of tithes or offering is not the means of Salvation.
Salvation comes through Beliving in JESUS Christ and Genuiely Surrendering to HIM as your LORD and Savior and Living according to His ways and Commandments.

But Hear this, one who Claims to be a Believer and does not obey the word of God could be hindered from Heaven.
Tithe is GOD'S Part of what HE has given to you. It's not your own.
Not paying your tithes is robbing GOD. And you can't rob GOD and say you are going to Heaven. You are deceiving yourself.

If you are mindful of your Eternity, pleasing GOD and obeying His word will be your Heart desire.

No real believer who Loves GOD and understands the Bible will be arguing on tithes or this or that.

1 Like

Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:33am On Jul 03, 2022
It doesn't at all.

God never said anywhere it would.

It's not giving to the poor and needy that Jesus said could hinder someone from making heaven never tithing.
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Righthussle: 9:57am On Jul 03, 2022
So what is it for ?
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by IrepChrist: 3:38pm On Jul 04, 2022
Righthussle:
So what is it for ?
Accompany your tithe with a genuine faith in Christ. If you pay tithe without knowing Christ genuinely. It's all a waste.
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Kobojunkie: 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2022
IrepChrist:
Jesus addressed the hypocrisy of the Jewish leaders in

Matthew 23:23. These men interpreted the Law as commanding tithing over helping the needy. Jesus said, “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites. For you tithe mint and dill and cumin and have neglected the weightier provisions of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness, but these are the things you should have done without neglecting the others.”

He is making a contrast between the importance of giving of our possessions (money or things) and living our lives in ways that make other people’s lives better. Giving for giving’s sake does little for our spiritual growth. God wants your soul saved before your money.
Let your tithing be only a reflection of your love and support the furtherance of the gospel.

Tithing and offering, for those who believe in Jesus Christ are sins against God. Has been that way since more than 2000 years ago when Jesus Christ came and made this clear. undecided

Matthew 23 vs 23 is not Jesus Christ telling you to pay tithe, instead He is informing you not to neglect any part of God's Law. undecided
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Obafavour(m): 4:37pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Tithing and offering, for those who believe in Jesus Christ are sins against God. Has been that way since more than 2000 years ago when Jesus Christ came and made this clear. undecided

Matthew 23 vs 23 is not Jesus Christ telling you to pay tithe, instead He is informing you not to neglect any part of God's Law. undecided
How is that bolded a sin against God?
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Jul 04, 2022
Obafavour:

How is that bolded a sin against God?
▪︎It is a sin because Jesus Christ warned that you cannot serve two Masters in the Kingdom of God. undecided

▪︎It is a sin because Jesus Christ warned against attempting to put new wine in Old wine Skin. undecided

▪︎It is sin because God warned against attempts to usw His Name in practicing that which He never decreed in His Law to begin with. It is akin to adding laws to God's Eternal Law.

Tithing is a sin against God for all those who claim to belong to Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Obafavour(m): 4:45pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
▪︎It is a sin because Jesus Christ warned that you cannot serve two Masters in the Kingdom of God. undecided

▪︎It is a sin because Jesus Christ warned against attempting to put new wine in Old wine Skin. undecided

▪︎It is sin because God warned against attempts to usw His Name in practicing that which He never decreed in His Law to begin with. It is akin to adding laws to God's Eternal Law.

Tithing is a sin against God for all those who claim to belong to Jesus Christ. undecided
Jesus never mentioned tithing as a sin, instead he condemned the pharisees for collecting tithes and not fufilling the remaining law. Tithing is in malachi, and Jesus said he did not come to condemn the law but to fufill it.
You're yet to give me an irrefutable evidences to prove that tithing is a sin.
Stop preaching lies because of your lack of understanding.
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Kobojunkie: 4:45pm On Jul 04, 2022
Obafavour:

Jesus never mentioned tithing as a sin, instead he condemned the pharisees for collecting tithes and not fufilling the remaining law. Tithing is in malachi, and Jesus said he did not come to condemn the law but to fufill it.
You're yet to give me an irrefutable evidences to prove that tithing is a sin.
Again.....

Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Obafavour(m): 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again.....

Again....
Jesus never mention tithing as sin instead he condemned the scribes and pharisees for collecting tithes and not fufilling other commandments.
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On Jul 04, 2022
Obafavour:

Again....
Jesus never mention tithing as sin instead he condemned the scribes and pharisees for collecting tithes and not fufilling other commandments.
Again.....

Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Obafavour(m): 5:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again.....

LIES!!!
Why did jesus not condemn peter in acts 4:34-37 and 5:1-11?
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On Jul 04, 2022
Obafavour:

LIES!!!
Why did jesus not condemn peter in acts 4:34-37 and 5:1-11?
Again.....

Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Obafavour(m): 5:27pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again.....

2. ▪︎It is a sin because Jesus Christ warned against attempting to put new wine in Old wine Skin. undecided

Jesus christ committed sin then in matthew 17:24-27 and 22:18-21 if your claim in number 2 is what jesus meant.
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Kobojunkie: 5:36pm On Jul 04, 2022
Obafavour:

Jesus christ committed sin then in matthew 17:24-27 and 22:18-21 if your claim in number 2 is what jesus meant.
I don't understand the logic behind your assertion at all. undecided
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Obafavour(m): 7:27pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I don't understand the logic behind your assertion at all. undecided
I knew this will come from you, when your lie have been exposed.
Read your claim in that number 2 and read the scriptures i quoted. Definitely Jesus sinned in those scriptures "by paying tax" if that number 2 you claimmed was right and true.
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Kobojunkie: 7:30pm On Jul 04, 2022
Obafavour:

I knew this will come from you, when your lie have been exposed.
Read your claim in that number 2 and read the scriptures i quoted. Definitely Jesus sinned in those scriptures "by paying tax" if that number 2 you claimmed was right and true.
How exactly is paying taxes considered sin against God based on my number 2? undecided
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Obafavour(m): 7:36pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
How exactly is paying taxes considered sin against God based on my number 2? undecided
Since your number 2 assert Jesus warning against putting new wine in old wine skin. Tax paying is also included if tithing is included.
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Kobojunkie: 7:47pm On Jul 04, 2022
Obafavour:

Since your number 2 assert Jesus warning against putting new wine in old wine skin. Tax paying is also included if tithing is included.
undecided

▪︎ Did God command the payment of a Temple Tax in the His Constitution to the Nation of Israel? undecided

▪︎ Did God command the people of Israel not to pay taxes to any other governments other except that set up by Him over them? undecided
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Obafavour(m): 8:09pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
undecided

▪︎ Did God command the payment of a Temple Tax in the His Constitution to the Nation of Israel? undecided

▪︎ Did God command the people of Israel not to pay taxes to any other governments other except that set up by Him over them? undecided

1. God commands tithes in malachi 3:8-12.

2. God do not tell us not to pay taxes as Jesus do not aswell condemn payment of tithe instead he condemned the scribes and pharisees that collect tithe but do not fufill all the laws.
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Kobojunkie: 8:16pm On Jul 04, 2022
Obafavour:
1. God commands tithes in malachi 3:8-12.

2. God do not tell us not to pay taxes as Jesus do not aswell condemn payment of tithe instead he condemned the scribes and pharisees that collect tithe but do not fufill all the laws.
1. My question again is did God command the payment of a Temple Tax in the His Constitution to the Nation of Israel? undecided

2. You are still not making any sense to me. undecided

Again, did God command the people of Israel not to pay taxes to any other governments other that set up by Him over them? undecided

I am trying to understand your claim that following my #2 Jesus Christ must have sinned in the context of Matthew 17 vs 24-27 and Matthew 22 vs 18-21 undecided
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Obafavour(m): 8:27pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. My question again is did God command the payment of a Temple Tax in the His Constitution to the Nation of Israel? undecided

2. You are still not making any sense to me. undecided

Again, did God command the people of Israel not to pay taxes to any other governments other that set up by Him over them? undecided

I am trying to understand your claim that following my #2 Jesus Christ must have sinned in the context of Matthew 17 vs 24-27 and Matthew 22 vs 18-21 undecided
God do command them to pay temple tax.
I know where you're driving at. God aswell command them to pay tithe, so what you claim in that your number two is rubbish because if Jesus were earning income he would pay tithe.
Since you condemn payment of tithe you should condemn payment of tax aswell or else your judgement is not just.
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Obafavour(m): 8:34pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again.....

Every of your claim doesn't discredit payment of tithe.
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On Jul 04, 2022
Obafavour:
1. God do command them to pay temple tax.

2. I know where you're driving at.

3. God aswell command them to pay tithe, so what you claim in that your number two is rubbish because

4. if Jesus were earning income he would pay tithe.

5. Since you condemn payment of tithe you should condemn payment of tax aswell or else your judgement is not just.
1. Where? undecided

2. If you knew, you wouldn't have made the assertions to begin with. undecided

3. You have yet to answer any of my questions regarding what is written in Matthew 17 and Matthew 22.. undecided

4. Well, duh! undecided

If Jesus Christ had been farming the lands, he would have had to tithe a 10th of the produce from His farm this since Jesus Christ lived His life in complete submission to God's Old Covenant standard and Constitution for the Nation of Israel which He came to fulfill. undecided

5. I cannot condemn payment of taxes since God's Tithing law isn't same as any and every tax law out there. undecided
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Kobojunkie: 8:44pm On Jul 04, 2022
Obafavour:

Every of your claim doesn't discredit payment of tithe.
You don't even understand any of what is stated, do you?? undecided
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Obafavour(m): 9:19pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Where? undecided
2. If you knew, you wouldn't have made the assertions to begin with. undecided
3. You have yet to answer any of my questions regarding what is written in Matthew 17 and Matthew 22.. undecided
4. Well, duh! undecided
If Jesus Christ had been farming the lands, he would have had to tithe a 10th of the produce from His farm this since Jesus Christ lived His life in complete submission to God's Old Covenant standard and Constitution for the Nation of Israel which He came to fulfill. undecided
5. I cannot condemn payment of taxes since God's Tithing law isn't same as any and every tax law out there. undecided
1. Isrealites started paying tax from exodus 30:11-16.
2. Assert what?
3. Answer what question again? When you've already ask "when" in number 1.
4. Still saying same thing.
5. So you condemn God's commandment in malachi 3:8-12
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Obafavour(m): 9:20pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You don't even understand any of what is stated, do you?? undecided
I should ask you either, cos none of your claim discredit payment of tithe.
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Kobojunkie: 11:54pm On Jul 04, 2022
Obafavour:

I should ask you either, cos none of your claim discredit payment of tithe.
Would you like for me to explain it to you? undecided
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Kobojunkie: 12:00am On Jul 05, 2022
Obafavour:

1. Isrealites started paying tax from exodus 30:11-16.
2. Assert what?
3. Answer what question again? When you've already ask "when" in number 1.
4. Still saying same thing.
5. So you condemn God's commandment in malachi 3:8-12
Is English suddenly a problem for you or what?. undecided
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Obafavour(m): 8:48am On Jul 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Would you like for me to explain it to you? undecided
Explain what exactly? What you wrote that you don't understand so you can feed me with lies you fed yourself gettat!!!!
Re: Tithing Alone Does Not Guarantee You Will Make Heaven But With Genuine Repentan. by Obafavour(m): 8:49am On Jul 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Is English suddenly a problem for you or what?. undecided
I should ask you either cos i'm certain you didn't understand what you posted.

(1) (Reply)

. / Crucifixion Of Jesus- Co-relating Bible And Quran View / Conducting Burial Ceremony In The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.