Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,875 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway (33418 Views)

Tanker Falls, Spills Content On Lagos-Ibadan Highway / Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death / Container Falls On Two Buses, Leaves 8 People Dead Along Lagos-ibadan Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by Selfmotivated: 7:28pm On Jul 03, 2022
post=114379151:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2022/07/03/11-burnt-to-death-on-lagos-ibadan-highway/
That road is a sucker, wtf
Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by Emdebby2: 7:40pm On Jul 03, 2022
Over speeding.
Bad roads.
Bad government.
Rest in peace to the dead.
Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by Jirkurr: 7:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
Rip
Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by ghiloman28(m): 7:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
This Nigeria ways to die are just so easy sad sad
Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by kenearth50(m): 7:44pm On Jul 03, 2022
Emdebby2:
Over speeding.
Bad roads.
Bad government.
Rest in peace to the dead.

Overspeeding ✅
Bad Government ✅
Bad Road ❌

That road is still under construction.
A phase has been completed which is open and the other phase is still under construction but the exact place where the accident happened isn't a result of bad road.
Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by bolademi(m): 7:48pm On Jul 03, 2022
CaveAdullam:
This road is metamorphosing into a death trap. This same road has been under construction since God knows when. On the other hand, drivers' impatience, bad vehicles, and poor driving habits are also leading causes of accidents.

May the dead find rest.

Shut up
Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by Jazzman01: 7:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
kokomilala:
The Famished Road 2.0

Ben Okri's book by the same title above reminds me of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway every time there is a fatal auto crash. It seems this road is jinxed or it's simply famished and in desperate need of blood to suck.

What is causing the regular crashes on the road? Is it man-made? Are the causes avoidable? Can this ugly trend be arrested? These questions and more should dog concerned and responsible minds as we edge closer to the superstitious ember months.

The road is a long stretch, perhaps the longest in Nigeria without any branch/curl therefore overspeeding is almost unavoidable. The average speed most drivers do on that road is around 100km/h, and you know as speed increases, the probability of accident and fatality also increases.
Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by Voiceofthestree: 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2022
God will punish all Nigeria government and the blood of this souls will definitely be on those people in power because they aren’t doing the right thing....
Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by Gkemz: 8:08pm On Jul 03, 2022
Ever since I received the shocking news of an accident that took the life of my friend on friday night, to drive my vehicle dey scare me especially now that the brake system is having little issue.
Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by Bigfish121(m): 8:40pm On Jul 03, 2022
So end their mortal life.
Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by Phyde: 8:45pm On Jul 03, 2022
Lagos Ibadan Expressway again? Is there something spiritual on that axis we don't know?
Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by kokomilala(m): 8:50pm On Jul 03, 2022
@Jazzman01, you're quite right.
Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by Dearlord(m): 8:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
Unfortunately, we are living to die tomorrow.

Rest on to all the champions
Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by Tomek09(m): 9:15pm On Jul 03, 2022
Chai.
RIP to them.
How will their families know about their death now.
Èyún tùn bad.
Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by Tomek09(m): 9:16pm On Jul 03, 2022
Sad
Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by Tomek09(m): 9:20pm On Jul 03, 2022
kenearth50:
See saapade bridge wey I dey Waka daily that year..

Rip to the deceased and to the injured, Get better soon
Where td saakpade bridge dey??
Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by Cokahot: 9:25pm On Jul 03, 2022
What causes accident on that lag ibadan road na always over speeding. The road is so fuckin smooth.just few pot holes .most times ppl want to turbo and open the valves at 120,150kph inside 4 plugs and v6,forgetting that trailer with lorry can loose control anytime. I have done 160kph inside lexus v6 on that same road, going to lag and I dropped my foot off the pedal,my heart slipped for a second.
Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by yesloaded: 10:56pm On Jul 03, 2022
Gkemz:
Ever since I received the shocking news of an accident that took the life of my friend on friday night, to drive my vehicle dey scare me especially now that the brake system is having little issue.

You need to fear driving because of your friend death but please fix your break issue

No matter whatever, never overlook any minor or major fault on your vehicle

Safety first

Most of the Mazda bus plying Lagos - Ibadan expressway is very bad, it's quite unfortunate that nurtw & road safety are not doing their job. Nurtw doesn't supposed to be collection of fees only but they supposed to check all drivers vehicle very well before they allow such vehicle to load and the check must be on daily basis. .
Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by yesloaded: 10:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
Phyde:
Lagos Ibadan Expressway again? Is there something spiritual on that axis we don't know?

Nothing spiritual

Most of the commercial bus plying that route are in bad shape, I travel that road a lot
Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by yesloaded: 11:01pm On Jul 03, 2022
Cokahot:
What causes accident on that lag ibadan road na always over speeding. The road is so fuckin smooth.just few pot holes .most times ppl want to turbo and open the valves at 120,150kph inside 4 plugs and v6,forgetting that trailer with lorry can loose control anytime. I have done 160kph inside lexus v6 on that same road, going to lag and I dropped my foot off the pedal,my heart slipped for a second.

Overspeeding & most of these Mazda buses are not road worthy at all. Some of these Mazda bus cant hold balance at 100km/h

Imagine a situation whereby front wheel has 16 by left side & 17 by right side?

Buying used tyre for as low as 2k - 3k and still put such tyre on vehicle travelling interstate

These drivers/bus owner hardly give proper attention to their vehicles

Nurtw & road safety needs to wake up, do their job accordingly to save travellers from these untimely death
Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by Sucolee(m): 11:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
First Sunday
Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by Gval123: 1:16am On Jul 04, 2022
Imagine, see road. No markings, nothing nothing. Na death trap be this one na.
Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by Love2468(f): 10:31am On Jul 04, 2022
Tragedy
Re: 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:22pm On Jul 04, 2022
STOP TRAVELLING WITH ALCOHOL IN VEHICLE,STOP DRINKING BEFORE DRIVING
STOP SMOKING ON HIGHWAY AND
STOP MAKING STUPID PHONE CALLS ON HIGHWAYS. angry undecided BAG OF BITTER COLA AND WATER THE ENOUGH FRUIT YOU NEED ON TRAVEL WAYS
PASSENGERS SHOULD CAUTION DRIVERS IS THEIR USUAL HABIT.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) / One Dead As Mechanic Bashes Man's Car While Driving It To His Workshop. Photos / Nigeria To Increase Visa Categories From 6 To 79

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.