Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Squid Game... - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / Squid Game... (286 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Squid Game... by generalpelu(m): 11:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
I finished the series, "Squid Game" yesterday.

And the whole highpoint of the fatal game resonate one idea I've read about from Oscar Wilde.

He says, "In this world, there are only two tragedies: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."

You see, the 'middle classes' don't know how much blessed they are. I think they're the ones really enjoying life. They can't afford/get most things or everything they want. But they work hard to do this. It makes life meaningful. It gives it some fun.

The fear. The faith. The work. The hope. The failure. The success.

But you see the lowest and highest classes, these classes are frustrating and boring respectively. No fun.

Imagine those who live in slums and trenches of low cost environs. Yet they can't even afford the cost of life in those places. The frustration is killing. Being trampled by every wave of circumstance. Failure upon failure.

Now imagine our elites... Tinubu for example, can afford to buy everything in a city like Abeokuta. Like, what does he wake up to look up to? Food? Sex? Money? Power? Which doesn't he have? It's boring when we have everything we want too.

Even Adekunle Gold that is just enjoying small elite life has exclaimed, "money no dey give happiness o, na wen I get money I realize this."

So what do the elites do to have fun and escape life's boredom? The same thing the Atikus, Tinubus, Dangotes, and their likes do: they strive for more. More power, money, fame. Like waking up to look forward to being more powerful. Going up in the Forbe list of yada yada. Et cetera, et cetera.

Others become philanthropists and humanitarians. Like Obasanjo has been doing a bit of that for years now.

And some crazy ones start squid game...

Oluwapelumi Awotedu.

I'm a writer. You can hit me up through my contact in the signature.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Squid Game... by Jaycobbs(m): 7:23pm On Jul 04, 2022
Interesting perspective

(1) (Reply)

Crypto And How-to Article Writer For Hire. / Produce Your Screenplay And Adapt Novel / Get In To Grab A Copy Of The Suspense-filled E-novella 'the Rebirth'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.