Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:22 AM

Stop Idolizing Your Pastors & Bishops... Worship & Magnify The Lord JESUS! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Idolizing Your Pastors & Bishops... Worship & Magnify The Lord JESUS! (393 Views)

Idolizing Mary Is A Grave Sin: Message To Catholics. By Pst Paul Rika / Magnify The Lord With Me / Appreciate Your Pastors!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Idolizing Your Pastors & Bishops... Worship & Magnify The Lord JESUS! by xproducer: 6:03pm On Jul 04, 2022
To idolize is to "admire, revere, or love greatly or excessively."... as though they can do no wrong, and in talking about them excessively.

Our focus, if we are the Lord GOD's, is to praise and excessively exalt the Lord JESUS, the CHRIST! The Holy ONE by and through Whom we are redeemed from the second death. May the Lord GOD help by His grace.

The church in Corinth is a good example of this...

"For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul? I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other. For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect." - 1 Corinthians 1:11-17

"For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal? Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase." - 1 Corinthians 3:3-7

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." - Matthew 23:9

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Idolizing Your Pastors & Bishops... Worship & Magnify The Lord JESUS! by Greatzeus(m): 6:30pm On Jul 04, 2022
You are right, worship belongs only to God. But we shouldn't take respect and reverence for men of God as worship though.
I don't think anyone who truly have experienced the gift of salvation will worship his/ her pastor.
What I see wrong in most Pastors vs members relationship is sycophancy and trying to appear humble before their pastors and agreeing to any advice pastors give them like the spirit in their pastors is different from the spirit God gave them too.
Re: Stop Idolizing Your Pastors & Bishops... Worship & Magnify The Lord JESUS! by OkCornel(m): 2:16am On Jul 05, 2022
The idolatrous tendencies in men would make them worship and pay obeisance to the truth, rather than obey it.

Our ancestors had idols in figurines of wood and stone. The only thing that has changed in this present generation is… the idols are now flesh and blood.

Pastor worshippers, “Papa & Mama” lovers, gods of men… make una continue ooo. I dey siddon look una

1 Like

Re: Stop Idolizing Your Pastors & Bishops... Worship & Magnify The Lord JESUS! by xproducer: 5:15pm On Jul 05, 2022
OkCornel:
The idolatrous tendencies in men would make them worship and pay obeisance to the truth, rather than obey it.

Our ancestors had idols in figurines of wood and stone. The only thing that has changed in this present generation is… the idols are now flesh and blood.

Pastor worshippers, “Papa & Mama” lovers, gods of men… make una continue ooo. I dey siddon look una

----

No personal judgment because GOD Himself is the Judge...

Yet, spot on!

1 Like

Re: Stop Idolizing Your Pastors & Bishops... Worship & Magnify The Lord JESUS! by xproducer: 5:56pm On Jul 05, 2022
"Let me not, I pray you, accept any man's person, neither let me give flattering titles unto man. For I know not to give flattering titles; in so doing my maker would soon take me away." - Job 32:21-22
Re: Stop Idolizing Your Pastors & Bishops... Worship & Magnify The Lord JESUS! by Janosky: 9:36pm On Jul 08, 2022
Matthew 4:10 and Mark 12:19,30 (Aramaic Bible) , did Jesus Christ disagree with the OP?

Yes!
Re: Stop Idolizing Your Pastors & Bishops... Worship & Magnify The Lord JESUS! by xproducer: 12:30am On Jul 09, 2022
Janosky:
Matthew 4:10 and Mark 12:19,30 (Aramaic Bible) , did Jesus Christ disagree with the OP?

Yes!

++++++++++

Matthew 4:10 and Mark 12:19,30 clearly relate to entirely different subject matter than what was originally posted.
Re: Stop Idolizing Your Pastors & Bishops... Worship & Magnify The Lord JESUS! by xproducer: 12:33am On Jul 09, 2022
"He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me." - Matthew 10:37-38
Re: Stop Idolizing Your Pastors & Bishops... Worship & Magnify The Lord JESUS! by xproducer: 12:45am On Jul 09, 2022
"Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord." - Jeremiah 17:5
Re: Stop Idolizing Your Pastors & Bishops... Worship & Magnify The Lord JESUS! by Lighthouse50: 4:59am On Jul 09, 2022
True talk. Especially women and those women in trousers (weak men)
Re: Stop Idolizing Your Pastors & Bishops... Worship & Magnify The Lord JESUS! by Janosky: 8:54am On Jul 09, 2022
xproducer:

++++++++++

Matthew 4:10 and Mark 12:19,30 clearly relate to entirely different subject matter than what was originally posted.
Matthew 4:10
"Then Yeshua said to him, “Depart Satan, for it is written: 'You shall worship THE LORD JEHOVAH your God and him alone shall you serve.'"

Did Jesus instruct Xproducer to worship Jesus?
@ Deuteronomy 6:13 (copied by Jesus @ Matthew 4:10, did Jehovah God instruct Xproducer to worship Jesus or anyone else?
Re: Stop Idolizing Your Pastors & Bishops... Worship & Magnify The Lord JESUS! by xproducer: 7:52pm On Jul 09, 2022
Janosky:

Matthew 4:10
"Then Yeshua said to him, “Depart Satan, for it is written: 'You shall worship THE LORD JEHOVAH your God and him alone shall you serve.'"

Did Jesus instruct Xproducer to worship Jesus?
@ Deuteronomy 6:13 (copied by Jesus @ Matthew 4:10, did Jehovah God instruct Xproducer to worship Jesus or anyone else?

++++++++

You do not appear to know the Lord Yeshua, the Christ, the Word, the Logos, the Son of GOD... you do not appear to know the Lord GOD. I pray that you may come to a saving knowledge of HIM, by His grace alone!

Peace be unto!

The holy Angels worship the Lord Yeshua -
"And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him." - Hebrews 1:6

The three wise men from the east worshipped the Lord Yeshua -
"And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh." - Matthew 2:11

So did a leper:
"And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean." -Matthew 8:2

A ruler of the people,
"While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live." - Matthew 9:18

Peoples:
"Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God." - Matthew 14:33

A Canaanite woman:
"Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me." - Matthew 15:25

His disciples:
"And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him." - Matthew 28:9

A man with an unclean spirit
"But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not" - Mark 5:6-7

His Apostles:
"And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy" - Luke 24:52

The man the Lord Yeshua healed of blindness:
"Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God? He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him? And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee. And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him." - John 9:35-38

"Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power" - Colossians 2:8-10

(1) (Reply)

There's Way Too Much BAD NEWS Out Here / Video About Rise Of The Divine Feminine / Divine Revelation Of The Anti-christ Altering The Mind Of People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.