Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me (15150 Views)

11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out / Olajide Rilwan Lekan Graduates From Russian Medical School With As / Cynthia Chizoba Okoye Graduates As Doctor From Tulane University Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by donnie56: 11:40pm On Jul 05, 2022
Hello everyone,
I am in dire need of your honest advice. I am a fan of Nairaland but created this because of identity.
I am a medical student studying medicine in one of the public universities in Nigeria. When the ASUU strike newly started, I started looking for things to do and clients to work for. Fortunately, I got two clients who pay me about 200K per month since April. It varies; last month, I earned 199K, this month will be 220K+ if I work harder.
I have saved most of the money to write professional exams.
However, my school still conducts lectures through Zoom and we have not had rest since the strike started. We do have classes from 8am till 5pm except on some days. I am about three months back and our test is coming up soon.
Please do you advise I quite my 200k/per month and focus on my studies seeing that i have lots of materials to read and prepare for my test?
P.S: I have tried balancing but the freelance work is highly demanding. What do i do please?

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by classicben3: 11:42pm On Jul 05, 2022
Quit useless question you think say e easy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by immortalcrown(m): 11:44pm On Jul 05, 2022
Hmm! If the job is not stressful, continue with it to save money and go to a better school. Imagine a medical student taking lectures online when there is no lockdown.

But if the job is stressful, Go back to the school when ASUU allows you, so you will not die young because of hard labour. Health is wealth.

28 Likes

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by Emmaxy9(m): 11:55pm On Jul 05, 2022
Hmm. This is really tough. Medical school is very demanding. But money too is important.

Let me wait for elders to respond first.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by dopedan(m): 2:04am On Jul 06, 2022
donnie56:
Hello everyone,
I am in dire need of your honest advice. I am a fan of Nairaland but created this because of identity.
I am a medical student studying medicine in one of the public universities in Nigeria. When the ASUU strike newly started, I started looking for things to do and clients to work for. Fortunately, I got two clients who pay me about 200K per month since April. It varies; last month, I earned 199K, this month will be 220K+ if I work harder.
However, my school still conducts lectures through Zoom and we have not had rest since the strike started. We do have classes from 8am till 5pm except on some days. I am about three months back and our test is coming up soon.
Please do you advise I quite my 200k/per month and focus on my studies seeing that i have lots of materials to read and prepare for my test?
P.S: I have tried balancing but the freelance work is highly demanding. What do i do please?

Lalasticlala please help. Push this to front page. Thank you.
Try adjusting to d two, so u will have cash and still be schooling? Besides wat do u do? i can help if u wish im also affected by ASUU

1 Like

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by michlins(m): 3:18am On Jul 06, 2022
If you can save 70% of your income then I will suggest you forget education for now and focus on your job. Two years down the line, you can use your bulk funds to Japa and then start a new life.

In all you do, I wish you well

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by TheWolfen(m): 6:09am On Jul 06, 2022
It depends on if you have someone that sponsors your education.
Education is important too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by BlaqFaze: 6:16am On Jul 06, 2022
Quit your school

3 Likes

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by odeyarush: 11:25am On Jul 06, 2022
In reality, plainly it could make certain same outcomes with those of anabolic steroids, however without the damaging results. Rad 140 side effects Testolone (as SARM) imitates the features of androgens, and works “selectively”, as its name indicates. This method that - unlike anabolic steroids - it has a more selective action located exclusively inside the tissues of bones and muscle groups, so now not affecting (in a terrible way) other organs.
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by crystalmoon(m): 1:08pm On Jul 06, 2022
$$
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by Tohsynetita1: 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2022
You could give the Job to a family member or friend base on Agreement that, you will have it back after you are done. But let it have a legal backing. Or you could sell it to someone else.

6 Likes

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by InansBobo(m): 3:20pm On Jul 06, 2022
Which is that , that is conducting classes on zoom?

6 Likes

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by MrEgghead(m): 5:16pm On Jul 06, 2022
donnie56:
Hello everyone,

I can't say you should stop your side hustle because you definitely need the money to survive Medical school. What you need is to create a balance. You can reduce the amount of time you spend on your side hustle. Your earning is going to drop but does that matter to you?
Keeping aside 8 hours per day for reading is not bad. Your passion for Medicine will go a long way determine how much time you devote to your personal study. You don't need to attend all the lectures, just attend the important ones.

If your driving force to study Medicine is the money, you're going to find it difficult to do this. But notwithstanding, strike a balance. I know people who are working and doing quite well in medical school.

23 Likes

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by MrEgghead(m): 5:21pm On Jul 06, 2022
donnie56:
Hello everyone,

I can't say you should stop your side hustle because you definitely need the money to survive Medical school. What you need is to create a balance. You can reduce the amount of time you spend on your side hustle. Keeping aside 8 hours per day for reading is not bad. Your passion for Medicine will go a long way determine how much time you devote to your personal study. You don't need to attend all the lectures, just attend the important ones.

If your driving force to study Medicine is the money, you're going to find it difficult ti do this because you've started earning what some doctors don't even earn. But notwithstanding, strike a balance. I know people who are working and doing quite well in medical school.

1 Like

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by Futuristics(m): 5:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
just to read comment as always

1 Like

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by ThinkWISELY(m): 5:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
angry

1 Like

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by Cladez(m): 5:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
As much as the medical field is a top career path, freelancing is a top digital skill too and both pays well.

To make a decision, remove money from the equation and focus on your passion. Which of them gives you a fulfilling feeling??
Now you know the answer to your question.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
Like for Peter Obi.
Share for Tinubu.
Skip for Atiku.
(Skips will be determined by this formula.
Number of views - (likes+ shares). )

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 5:30pm On Jul 06, 2022
G
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by Luckysbab: 5:30pm On Jul 06, 2022
Mesef need advice currently.

Make I take advantage.

So a woman sold me kernels and wickedly mixed it up with lots of shells, well hidden.

This sabotage cost me over 4.5 million Naira.

What is the best way to approach the issue? She has been playing the emotional card, not offering any kind of settlement.

She has a mini palm oil mill in Abia state.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by bestman09(m): 5:31pm On Jul 06, 2022
shocked
Connect me with the jobs and I will be giving you 50% of the earnings so that you can focus on your studies.

You can't serve 2 masters simultaneously! shocked shocked cool
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by MedicH: 5:32pm On Jul 06, 2022
Balance both of them, no matter what. Anyone you quit, u will regret it.

1 Like

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by jamih: 5:32pm On Jul 06, 2022
You can outsource the job, supervise the person you give the job and focus on med.

1 Like

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by davidupdate89: 5:34pm On Jul 06, 2022
tongue
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by sonnie10: 5:34pm On Jul 06, 2022
Don’t ever stop medical school because of petty 200k, especially if you have a sponsor.
Do the side hustle whenever you have the time.
Ask yourself, what is the likelihood of scaling the side hustle ? 200k would look like a lot of money now that you are still young but it is really nothing when more responsibilities are added.
Good luck!

19 Likes

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by Luckysbab: 5:35pm On Jul 06, 2022
crystalmoon:
pls drop your number

Why?

1 Like

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by LoveGifted(m): 5:36pm On Jul 06, 2022
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by Luckysbab: 5:36pm On Jul 06, 2022
Cladez:
As much as the medical field is a top career path, freelancing is a top digital skill too and both pays well.

To make a decision, remove money from the equation and focus on your passion. Which of them gives you a fulfilling feeling??
Now you know the answer to your question.

Good advice

1 Like

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by KristaPretty(f): 5:36pm On Jul 06, 2022
Dump the school, make money, save money, avoid lekki or ibadan girls, save money I repeat, then dump your coursemates in Nigeria and move abroad with the amount you saved.
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by KristaPretty(f): 5:38pm On Jul 06, 2022
Wo, do whatever makes you happy

You have to manage both, if you cannot then dump the medicine for something else but ensure you are saving.

You can always go back to school but the opportunity for money may not always be there

Make sure you avoid lekki and ibadan girls, before you end up asking us "how can one survive with 15k for 3years" grin grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Use Of English JAMB Past Questions And Answers PDF Download / Christopher Ndubuisi Trains Youth On ICT, Donates Hundreds Of Laptops / We Are Not Resuming – AAUA Lecturers To Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.