Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,468 members, 7,770,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:03 AM

Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom (45550 Views)

Family Robbed At Gunpoint In Bayelsa (Graphic Photos) / Tope Alabi Robbed At Gunpoint In Ogun, Police Arrest Suspects (Photo) / Security Man Arrested For Raping 16-Year-Old Girl At Gunpoint In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by 2mercy: 5:43pm On Jul 06, 2022
By Iniabasi Umo

Some female members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in Akwa Ibom State have been raped.

They were assaulted when gunmen invaded a Corpers’ lodge in Uyo, the state capital.

It was gathered that the gunmen invaded the area on tricycles at about 1am and carted away valuables, including laptops, cell phones and money.

Narrating the incident, one of the corps members, said, “They arrived on a tricycle, popularly called Keke and immediately started operation. They beamed high intensity torchlight everywhere and pounced on every door with heavy iron and threatened to shoot us if we failed to cooperate”.

A female corps member, who preferred to remain unnamed, said her phones, laptop and money were taken away from her by force after the hoodlums entered her room through the back door.

“You know at that period of the night, most of us females, we used to sleep naked; the attack caught us unprepared. They beamed the torch through the window and threatened to shoot if the door is not quickly opened.

“I have never heard of this anywhere in Nigeria, even in the North, where insecurity is at the peak, that Corpers could be deliberately targetted, raped and robbed by criminals at gun point.

“Is it because we are not from Akwa Ibom that no one could hear our shouts and come to save us?” She lamented.

Also speaking, Mr Nsikak Ibanga, a night guard at the State Secretariat of the Nigeria Union of Journalists which is located opposite the corpers lodge said, “I raised alarm by hitting the supporting pillars holding the reconstructed NUJ auditorium. The sound reverberated across the whole area but no response.”

Another neighbour, Bassey Offiong, stated, “When I heard the attack and the outcry of the corpers, I quickly reached out to the Police at Ikot Akpanabia Command, which is very close here, but they arrived a little late, after the criminals had finished and left with their tricycle.”

Youth Leader of the area, Godwin Okpo, blamed the criminal activities in the community on the collapse of internal security organized by the residents.

“I used to go round from house to house to collect monetary contributions for the night vigilante group to secure the area at night, but suddenly they started accusing me of embezzling their money, so there was nothing I could do again.

“When I heard the incident, I moved to the place but since I was alone, there was nothing I could do,” he stated.

When the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Odiko Macdon, was contacted, he said he was yet to be fully briefed on the incident.

“I don’t have any information about the incident but I will find out and get across to you,” he said.

He had not done so as of the time of filing this report.

https://dailytrust.com/just-in-corps-members-raped-at-gunpoint-in-akwa-ibom

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by God1000(m): 5:44pm On Jul 06, 2022
This is totally unacceptable and outrageous, why such inhuman and barbaric act

130 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by NaijaGoBetter20: 5:49pm On Jul 06, 2022
cry cry cry cry

Many things don spoil for this our dear country ooo Na only papa God can help us from this mess

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by Helpfromabove1(m): 6:07pm On Jul 06, 2022
Collect money,
Collect phone
But they cum in peace

8 Likes

Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by pachigo001(m): 6:07pm On Jul 06, 2022
[quote author=NaijaGoBetter20 post=114483803] :akwa ibom people self that was how I got robbed in plaza that year when I was serving none of them came to my rescue angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by Seniorwriter(m): 6:23pm On Jul 06, 2022
Not in anyway surprised! SMH.
Criminals are having their way knowing we presently have in leadership a crop of blood sucking incompetent and wicked leader that can allow youths (citizens) peacefully protesting with the #EndSARS mantra been shot at by the military that is supposedly employed to protect them with their lives.

We need vote in all leadership positions young visionary leaders come next year and most importantly vote out both APC & PDP alike

SNEFF:

Vote or no vote the is messed up big time
So we'll leave it messed up? I appreciate when I'm quoted for positive reasons...next time kindly stay mute if you have no positive contribution to my mention...be guided.
Eniitankorede:

It is not the age that’s the problem of leadership in NIGERIA. The people get the leader they deserve. You the writer, can you swear by god of thunder that you have been honest and trustworthy in all your dealings? There is complete moral decadence in NIGERIA. And leaders arise from that mess. If you like, vote a toddler, the mess will continue until we do moral re-orientation of our society.
So what's the way to do the moral re-orientation without having young visionary leadership? and yes FYI age is part of the problem unless you prefer a medical tourist ancestor as president then you are part of the Nigerian problem ....BTW been a honest person is a virtue but it comes with personal growth and deliberate character building...next time stay mute if you have no positive contribution to a post or comment ...the truth is you lack the ability to comprehend my post because couldn't see that it's part of re-orientation for a better Nigeria.

@Seniorwriter

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 6:24pm On Jul 06, 2022
Nawa o
Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by CleanInAll: 6:40pm On Jul 06, 2022
Everything don scatter. Chai! Buhari why?

1 Like

Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by Asabe4(f): 8:52pm On Jul 06, 2022
Kai!!

I don't think I gave read or heard any good news concerning happenings in Nigeria the whole of today.

Devastating news everywhere. embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by inoki247: 8:52pm On Jul 06, 2022
Mak dem scrap this Jargons make everybody go rest....

11 Likes

Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by ArchiLimited: 8:52pm On Jul 06, 2022
Eyaa
Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by Klington: 8:52pm On Jul 06, 2022
Nigeria is a crime scene happening to everyone with reckless abandon.

Surviving in Nigeria is on a daily basis is at the lowest of the low.

1 Like

Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by Fraudbaby(m): 8:52pm On Jul 06, 2022
shocked shocked

Naija ... which way

Angel Gabriel, blow the trumpet.. Pastor Righteousness, Second in command to God, when is the saviour coming sir?

Well as for y'all shouting Peter Obi 23.

Remember that the same shiii that happened in 2019 is about to repeat itself again. Thus; when Nigerians got tired of the PDP's presidency which was even a Saint compared to the evil APC that later emerged due to our desperate crave for Change...

Now we're desperate for another Change again and I do not think we're thinking right grin lol... I pity us ... Well I dey Cairo, but i go come vote.
Hmmmmm... Like my daddy used to say, "All is Well even in the Well"

Fuckkkk Peter OBi, Fuckkk Atiku , Fuckkkk Asiwaju Tinubu and triple Fuckkkk Buhari..

P.s: Obi is still better than the other candidate's but we've all got the opportunity till nxt year to allow someone better come up....
They're all a No No!!!

Fraudbaby cares!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by wilroy: 8:53pm On Jul 06, 2022
Rapture will begin from Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by Cladez(m): 8:53pm On Jul 06, 2022
How much long do Nigerians have to suffer!!!

PLEASE GET YOUR PVC AND VOTE THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WHEN IT’S TIME. I am glad we all know who the right candidate is. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by smile11s(m): 8:53pm On Jul 06, 2022
chai..
watch video of them explaining the whole situation

https://gist.am/video-corps-memers-explain-how-they-were-raped-at-gunpoint
Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by DevilSignature: 8:53pm On Jul 06, 2022
I think NYSC should be scrap at the moment. The issue of insecurity is too much in this country and Corp members are no longer save

4 Likes

Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by Uglybwoi: 8:53pm On Jul 06, 2022
A
Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by Uglybwoi: 8:54pm On Jul 06, 2022
Helpfromabove1:
Collect money,
Collect phone
But they cum in peace
cum in violence, actually
Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by jimmyolasun: 8:54pm On Jul 06, 2022
Robbery everywhere. Person go just wake up dey Waka upandan for midnight dey torment people for their domot..

2 Likes

Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by personal59: 8:54pm On Jul 06, 2022
Hmmmm

What a terrible act.

May God console her.

Can't imagine what the comment will be if this happens in the northern part of the country

1 Like

Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by Searchingvictor: 8:54pm On Jul 06, 2022
Pathetic
Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by kadraxkyle(m): 8:54pm On Jul 06, 2022
Do rapists wear condoms...cos i cant imagine.

I wept. Nigeria is finished!
Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by Nazgul: 8:54pm On Jul 06, 2022
Nigeria needs help, God willing we'll get it right next year.
Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by DSC7: 8:54pm On Jul 06, 2022
Bubu boys on the beat....

Sorry to The victims...
Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by nextBIGthing: 8:55pm On Jul 06, 2022
So sad
Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by gasparpisciotta: 8:55pm On Jul 06, 2022
Buhari should just resign or be impeached to allow Osinbajo finish the race, but he’ll no!!!!

E go like do third term sef if them free for am

7 Likes

Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by Ekemax: 8:55pm On Jul 06, 2022
No one is save both the rich and the poor, is either the catch u in church, mosque, home on the road or the even on air
Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by jkpbestseries: 8:55pm On Jul 06, 2022
h
Re: Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom by Zane2point4(m): 8:55pm On Jul 06, 2022
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Stabbed To Death By Thugs At INEC Office In Rivers (Graphic Photo) / Photos Of Father David Tanko Killed And Burnt By Armed Bandits In Taraba / Soldiers Punish Man Who Called Them To Molest His Neighbour In Delta (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.