Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,462 members, 7,843,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria (1966 Views)

Emdee Tiamiyu Has Been Deported From The UK Back To Nigeria? / Cameroonian Man Deported From Turkey, Wrapped In Cling Film As A Luggage / The Real Story About The Nigerian Woman Deported From Germany With Her 3 Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by Newphiligeek123: 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2022
Nigerian mothers and grandmothers, some of whom have lived in the UK for decades, were among those who were deported to Nigeria last week on a controversial Home Office charter flight.

The women who spoke before the deportation stated that at least 10 of them were facing removal. Some suffer from severe mental health problems and are on anti-psychotic medication. It is unusual to see such a large number of women on a deportation flight to Nigeria.

Human rights campaigners say there are a range of safety concerns regarding the removal of those due to be on board, including religious persecution, modern slavery, rights to family life, and persecution on the basis of sexual orientation.

One 40-year-old mother of three British children has previously been sectioned under the Mental Health Act. She fled Nigeria after being persecuted for being a Christian in a majority Muslim area and travelled to the UK in 2009 on a false passport. She was pregnant at the time, was imprisoned for travelling on the false passport, and gave birth while in prison.

When she became seriously mentally ill, her children were removed. The Home Office then evicted her because her children were no longer living with her. She ended up sleeping on the streets behind a church.

Speaking from Colnbrook detention centre, near Heathrow, she said: “How can the Home Office separate me from my children? I’m not going to let it happen. If they force me to go, I will die. I will kill myself. I escaped Nigeria to save my life.”

Adeniyi Raji, 48, is a gay man facing removal to Nigeria for a second time. He was interviewed in 2017 when he first faced deportation. “I’m in the UK because I need protection. If I’m returned to Nigeria, they will kill me,” he said.

He shared screenshots of death threats he had received from people in Nigeria with Afrotimes Newsaper. One said: “So after all that we did to you before, you are still a practicing homosexual. Wait until we see you down here, that will be the end"

Maria Brul of the charity Detention Action said: “This Nigeria mass charter flight is due to forcibly expel many women with British children, some of who have lived here for over 25 years.”

A Home Office spokesperson said: “The UK only ever returns individuals to their country of origin when the Home Office and, where applicable, the courts deem it is safe to do so.

“All asylum and human rights claims are carefully considered in accordance with our international obligations. Each individual assessment is made against the background of relevant caselaw and the latest country information. The New Plan for Immigration will fix the broken immigration system and expedite the removal of those with no right to be here.”

Source: https://www.facebook.com/AfrotimesNewspaper/photos/a.119381757440035/134612389250305/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by Golan007: 7:12pm On Jul 06, 2022
Na so una go dey talk.
Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by Highlandgee: 7:41pm On Jul 06, 2022
Hmmmm, even grand mothers?
Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by Ethanuella: 9:35pm On Jul 06, 2022
That's what I've been telling people about the current "UK rush". The UK economy is heavily tax reliant hence the open arms to foreign students, especially with the introduction of the 2 year postgraduate study visa.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the coming years, a policy that wouldn't be favourable to those that japaed through the study route will be enacted.

But what do I know? Everyone is trying to escape from the hell that Buhari has made Nigeria become.

Anything for sanity, security, and good income Abeg.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by Highlandgee: 10:36pm On Jul 06, 2022
Ethanuella:
That's what I've been telling people about the current "UK rush". The UK economy is heavily tax reliant hence the open arms to foreign students, especially with the introduction of the 2 year postgraduate study visa.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the coming years, a policy that wouldn't be favourable to those that japaed through the study route will be enacted.

But what do I know? Everyone is trying to escape from the hell that Buhari has made Nigeria become.

You're correct

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by justwise(m): 11:36am On Jul 07, 2022
Ethanuella:

Find out first why they were deported after more than 10yrs in the UK. Here you are talking about student visa and economy.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by Ethanuella: 1:18pm On Jul 07, 2022
justwise:

Find out first why they were deported after more than 10yrs in the UK. Here you are talking about student visa and economy.

No vex
Cheers.
Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by justwise(m): 1:26pm On Jul 07, 2022
Ethanuella:

No vex, investigator.
As you have nothing to do with your time, kindly find out why and revert to me.

Cheers.

Actually its not difficult to read beyond headline, it keeps you informed.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by Ethanuella: 5:20pm On Jul 07, 2022
justwise:

Actually its not difficult to read beyond headline, it keeps you informed.

Now let me explain if you don't understand.

“All asylum and human rights claims are carefully considered in accordance with our international obligations. Each individual assessment is made against the background of relevant caselaw and the latest country information.The New Plan for Immigration will fix the broken immigration system and expedite the removal of those with no right to be here.”

The quote right here is the last paragraph in that topic. The emboldened is the main message I passed across with an emphasis on the word "latest and new immigration plan".

No matter how you find your way to the UK, there will always be a new policy enacted by the govt that "might" mar your chances of living there (the quoted word is heavily stated). Now, this new policy can come in different ways, and not necessarily deportation. Just look at the way the new/latest immigration plan played out with these grandmas and the gay uncle that sought asylum.

If you still do not understand, read along. I'll help you stay true to your moniker.

There was a similar story posted on nairaland as regards a woman whose spouse with whom she accessed the UK through died, and the govt suddenly passed a law that necessitated her and others who lost their spouse (that brought them into the country) to pay a certain fee or risk deportation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by justwise(m): 6:24pm On Jul 07, 2022
Ethanuella:

If you are as intelligent as you are trying so hard to portray, it wouldn't be hard to note that my comment synced with the topic posted.

Now let me explain if you don't understand.

“All asylum and human rights claims are carefully considered in accordance with our international obligations. Each individual assessment is made against the background of relevant caselaw and the latest country information. The New Plan for Immigration will fix the broken immigration system and expedite the removal of those with no right to be here.”

The quote right here is the last paragraph in that topic. The emboldened is the main message I passed across with an emphasis on the word "latest".

No matter how you find your way to the UK, there will always be a new policy enacted by the govt that "might" mar your chances of living there (the quoted word is heavily stated). Now, this new policy can come in different ways, and not necessarily deportation.

If you still do not understand, read along. I'll help you stay true to your moniker.

There was a similar story posted on nairaland as regards a woman whose spouse with whom she accessed the UK through died, and the govt suddenly passed a law that necessitated her and others who lost their spouse (that brought them into the country) to pay a certain fee or risk deportation.

You are really full of it, so how does this relate to student visa and economy as i asked you before? Were they deported while holding student visa or because the UK economy was in difficult state?

Were you able to read and comprehend this section of the post?
One 40-year-old mother of three British children has previously been sectioned under the Mental Health Act. She fled Nigeria after being persecuted for being a Christian in a majority Muslim area and travelled to the UK in 2009 on a false passport. She was pregnant at the time, was imprisoned for travelling on the false passport, and gave birth while in prison.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by Ethanuella: 7:00pm On Jul 07, 2022
justwise:

You are really full of it, so how does this relate to student visa and economy as i asked you before? Were they deported while holding student visa or because the UK economy was in difficult state?

Were you able to read and comprehend this section of the post?

Helloooo Uncle/aunty

Like I mentioned earlier, inquire further and pls quote me your findings.

Best.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by justwise(m): 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2022
Ethanuella:

Helloooo Uncle/aunty Justwise....

Like I mentioned earlier, inquire further and pls don't quote me your findings. In fact, don't quote me again.

If you cannot sync my response(s) to the post, ask all the educational institutions that you attended to review their licence(s) with the appropriate bodies.

Until then, abandon your moniker because it doesn't suit you.

You can't read non understand jack hence your struggle here.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by Ethanuella: 8:03pm On Jul 07, 2022
[quote author=justwise post=

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by justwise(m): 8:59pm On Jul 07, 2022
Ethanuella:

You see what I've been saying? A simple instruction of "don't quote me again", you still didn't comprehend. What else can you understand?

I think you should consider going back to kindergarten, sir/ma

If i do i will come out with the ability to read and understand ..something you desperately need

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 07, 2022
Ethanuella:

Helloooo Uncle/aunty Justwise....

Like I mentioned earlier, inquire further and pls don't quote me your findings. In fact, don't quote me again.

If you cannot sync my response(s) to the post, ask all the educational institutions that you attended to review their licence(s) with the appropriate bodies.

Until then, abandon your moniker because it doesn't suit you, and please don't forget to take a lot of vitamin B supplements.

Best.

Y'all fighting over country that doesn't care or know u exist, if na ur home now I no for talk but na where if anything sup,their countrymen first b4 una....make una take a chill pill

Peace not violence

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by Newphiligeek123: 2:06pm On Jul 09, 2022
Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by dasparrow: 5:28pm On Jul 09, 2022
@Post

Let us fix our nation Nigeria. Let us fix our continent Africa but no, many of you will rather go and stay permanently in other people's homelands. Once the economic crash that is coming becomes very severe, that is when our people will know what's up. Europe is not your ancestral land and neither is Canada, Australia or America. Fix your ancestral land so that people from other races and nationalities will stop treating you like crap and looking down on you but our people will not listen.

White people let our people into their countries not because they like we Africans so much but because their countries were experiencing prosperity. But now, economic downturn is coming so they want people who don't look like them gone from their lands but yet Africans don't get it. I guess until they have guns pointing to their faces by hateful looking white men in uniforms like was the case in Ukraine before our people will get it. A whole bunch of African migrants were just killed by Morocco and Spain. They wanted to cross over into Spain. A time will come when Europe will not tolerate Africans in their countries anymore. Mark my words.

We can choose to wake up or remain perpetually in slumber.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by babakb: 8:28pm On Jul 09, 2022
dasparrow:
@Post

Let us fix our nation Nigeria. Let us fix our continent Africa but no, many of you will rather go and stay permanently in other people's homelands. Once the economic crash that is coming becomes very severe, that is when our people will know what's up. Europe is not your ancestral land and neither is Canada, Australia or America. Fix your ancestral land so that people from other races and nationalities will stop treating you like crap and looking down on you but our people will not listen.

White people let our people into their countries not because they like we Africans so much but because their countries were experiencing prosperity. But now, economic downturn is coming so they want people who don't look like them gone from their lands but yet Africans don't get it. I guess until they have guns pointing to their faces by hateful looking white men in uniforms like was the case in Ukraine before our people will get it. A whole bunch of African migrants were just killed by Morocco and Spain. They wanted to cross over into Spain. A time will come when Europe will not tolerate Africans in their countries anymore. Mark my words.

We must chop Europe money before it crashes grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by Favor99(m): 11:31pm On Jul 09, 2022
dasparrow:
@Post

Good points. But you should know Africans are not the first or only people to immigrate. America is a country that is 99% immigrant.
Europeans, Asians, Hispanics immigrating there for centuries.
Every group has done it more or less at certain points in their history. It’s not just Africans/Nigerians

But your very right we need to develop our country. It’s of upmost importance. People treat Africans like crap because they view us as a liability with no where to go. There is no place like home. Developing our country is a must. People are suffering.

But how then does the average Nigerian(s) without much connection to politics develop the country?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by Messi1: 1:14am On Jul 10, 2022
Ethanuella:

You see what I've been saying? A simple instruction of "don't quote me again", you still didn't comprehend. What else can you understand?

I think you should consider going back to kindergarten, sir/ma
You cannot discuss with people who hold different views with decorum neither can you wage healthy argument to debunk the position of your counterpart, hence you resort to fight and mannerless behaviours.
Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by Ethanuella: 8:39am On Jul 10, 2022
Messi1:
You cannot discuss with people who hold different views with decorum neither can you wage healthy argument to debunk the position of your counterpart, hence you resort to fight and mannerless behaviours.

Did you go through my first 2 comments where I tried to explain extensively? Obviously not.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by Messi1: 9:17am On Jul 10, 2022
Ethanuella:

Did you go through my first 2 comments where I tried to explain extensively? Obviously not.
Wrong conclusion is confusion.My point is not whether you tried explaining or not.My point is, it's wrong to start a fight and name-calling when both of you are expressing your views.I'm not here for a fight.
Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by Ethanuella: 9:35am On Jul 10, 2022
Messi1:
Wrong conclusion is confusion.My point is not whether you tried explaining or not.My point is, it's wrong to start a fight and name-calling when both of you are expressing your views.I'm not here for a fight.

I admit. Do you think you are being biased with your point or not?
Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by Messi1: 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2022
Ethanuella:

I admit. Do you think you are being biased with your point or not?
No, I'm not ma'am.
Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by Ethanuella: 1:11pm On Jul 10, 2022
Messi1:
No, I'm not ma'am.

Impressive! Clap for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mothers, Grand Mothers Deported From UK To Nigeria by lordally(m): 8:43am On Dec 01, 2022
dasparrow:
@Post

It's funny coming from someone who has an European passport and currently lives in the Americas. If you were so passionate about fixing the country why did you run away and remained there. BLOODY HYPOCRITE

(1) (Reply)

Which UK Cities Have The Most Cluster Of Nigerians? / Is Visa Processing Fees By Embassies Becoming Like 419 ? / Anyone Know Ways Of Shipping Cargo From The U.S.A (Dallas) To Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.