Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,157 members, 7,849,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:17 AM

Nigerians need to learn how to make valid points without "Being A Bully" - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerians need to learn how to make valid points without "Being A Bully" (185 Views)

Funke Akindele Is A Bully, JJC Skillz Baby Mama Exposes Faces Of Her Twins / 'funke Akindele Is A Bully' JJC Skillz's Baby Mama Filthily Drags Actress / DR. LEKAN ARE Is A Bully,and A Corporate Oppressor. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians need to learn how to make valid points without "Being A Bully" by constancefriday(m): 2:48am On Jul 07, 2022
News - Nigerians feel tired and frustrated and vent their frustrations out on net via cyber bullying!
And in real life via verbal bullying.

Verbal bullying and cyber bullying is very rampant in the Nigerian society and cyberspace.

It is an outcome of "mass frustration" which it's root cause is traceable to the monopoly of politics by aristocrats who care less or nothing about the welfare of the masses.
But if verbal bullying and cyber bullying becomes the only available means of relief from the oppressive regime of a few aristocrats fleecing many Nigerians without a jot of empathy, it makes both the oppressor and the oppressed toxic to the society.

NIGERIANS NEED TO LEARN HOW TO COMMUNICATE DECENTLY and ETHICALLY:

Decency is the trademark of civilization.

For example: in my field of work in Ministry when arguing about Tithe, I always state my points clear without calling names or abusing any body.

Let's say Pastor Alex says "Tithe paying is a scam or it's unscriptural" and I don't agree with him I don't just say..."Pastor Alex you're a goat, you're stupid or you're a fake Pastor "

That's indecent and unethical, before I'm half done with what I'm saying to any sane user of the cyberspace, i'm already a cyberbully.
The same applies to verbal arguments.

I can say " Tithe payment is an act of obedience to God" therefore Christians who pay their Tithes receive an extraordinary dose of God's Favour in their finances compared to those who don't.

If I want to sound more frank and blunt, I can do that without insulting anybody "directly"

I can say; "Anyone or any Pastor that says Tithe paying is unscriptural, is a wicked pastor that hides the truth from his members and wants them to remain poor Christians"

Take a good look at the above statement... Though it sounds a bit hard/harsh...it doesn't insult anyone directly!

That's the difference between Thick talk and thick talk lite. Understand.

These street jargons like...

U wan collect?

Comot body... etc etc

From an ethical point of view all sound harsh, toutish and looks like some set of gutter languages reserved for brutes and low mean men, and they're NOT FUNNY!

Which I believe you're not.

Look at this Tweet below...
The guy with the Labour Party logo who responded to Seun the host of the tweet needs to get a cyber bullying rehab!

Even if the statement is sarcastic and makes people laugh..."it's still cyber bullying "

You get it?

Thanks for reading!
Be the best!

Yours Sincerely;
Apostle Constance C. Friday Ani
Lecturer/Motivational Speaker.

1 Share

Re: Nigerians need to learn how to make valid points without "Being A Bully" by constancefriday(m): 1:47am On Jul 14, 2022
constancefriday:
News - Nigerians feel tired and frustrated and vent their frustrations out on net via cyber bullying!
And in real life via verbal bullying.

Verbal bullying and cyber bullying is very rampant in the Nigerian society and cyberspace.

It is an outcome of "mass frustration" which it's root cause is traceable to the monopoly of politics by aristocrats who care less or nothing about the welfare of the masses.
But if verbal bullying and cyber bullying becomes the only available means of relief from the oppressive regime of a few aristocrats fleecing many Nigerians without a jot of empathy, it makes both the oppressor and the oppressed toxic to the society.

NIGERIANS NEED TO LEARN HOW TO COMMUNICATE DECENTLY and ETHICALLY:

Decency is the trademark of civilization.

For example: in my field of work in Ministry when arguing about Tithe, I always state my points clear without calling names or abusing any body.

Let's say Pastor Alex says "Tithe paying is a scam or it's unscriptural" and I don't agree with him I don't just say..."Pastor Alex you're a goat, you're stupid or you're a fake Pastor "

That's indecent and unethical, before I'm half done with what I'm saying to any sane user of the cyberspace, i'm already a cyberbully.
The same applies to verbal arguments.

I can say " Tithe payment is an act of obedience to God" therefore Christians who pay their Tithes receive an extraordinary dose of God's Favour in their finances compared to those who don't.

If I want to sound more frank and blunt, I can do that without insulting anybody "directly"

I can say; "Anyone or any Pastor that says Tithe paying is unscriptural, is a wicked pastor that hides the truth from his members and wants them to remain poor Christians"

Take a good look at the above statement... Though it sounds a bit hard/harsh...it doesn't insult anyone directly!

That's the difference between Thick talk and thick talk lite. Understand.

These street jargons like...

U wan collect?

Comot body... etc etc

From an ethical point of view all sound harsh, toutish and looks like some set of gutter languages reserved for brutes and low mean men, and they're NOT FUNNY!

Which I believe you're not.

Look at this Tweet below...
The guy with the Labour Party logo who responded to Seun the host of the tweet needs to get a cyber bullying rehab!

Even if the statement is sarcastic and makes people laugh..."it's still cyber bullying "

You get it?

Thanks for reading!
Be the best!

Yours Sincerely;
Apostle Constance C. Friday Ani
Lecturer/Motivational Speaker.

(1) (Reply)

Job Application / Standard Quality Stone Coated Roofing Materials With Warranty Period Of Years / The Most Effective Way To Make Money Online Through Simple Ways | Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.