Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,332 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident (20976 Views)

Lagos Boat Accident: 15 Missing Passengers Found Dead / Bus Recovered After Plunging Into A River, Some Passengers Missing. Photos / Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Dearlord(m): 8:03am On Jul 10, 2022
akpunda86:

My broda safety rules helps.but I tell u those funny stuff u see Na just fancy not life jackets,I tested one those days at a jetty,u sink with it,I have to go buy a standard floater at Marina.
Is a pity this happened but I thank God for those 5 years i used them,thou many scary experience

Thank you bro, tell them
Those slippers are not life jacket, trusting Nigerian stuffs is at your own risk
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by DMerciful(m): 8:04am On Jul 10, 2022
I'm through with you!
wandyvirus:
Now you are concerned about the people that died. That's a good first step to realizing what the real issues are. The poor defending the rich? Bipolar?

Incoherent? You are just matching words that makes absolutely zero sense. Again I know your genetically Inherited brain cannot fathom how to make your points and offer your argument in a way that typifies logic.

You jump from Safety and enforcement to Tinubu, then back to people who lost their lives. Let's pick one. Then we can have a conversation.
I will help you.

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by DMerciful(m): 8:04am On Jul 10, 2022
Another agbado urchin. Run along
Esama:
Did you go school at all.
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 10, 2022
Cutehector:
Boat transportation in this rainy season sef is very dangerous.

They should be ferry’s well lit and big enough to withstand the waves. They didn’t see where they were headed a barge will be disguised by the water.

1 Like

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by sylve11: 8:15am On Jul 10, 2022
F117nighthawk:
The rules says no night travel by boats in Lagos state, and always wear your life jackets, but Nigerians remain dumb to this simple rules and instructions,
They will just continue to die avoidable deaths, I know many ignorant ones will still fall victims of this simple rules

Na so. cool
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by wandyvirus(m): 8:17am On Jul 10, 2022
Don't miss an opportunity to be educated. You won't find this opportunity around you. Don't tuck your tail in and run like a scared little dog.
Face the issues you raised and let us talk about safety and enforcement. Offer solutions and let's debate it.
DMerciful:
I'm through with you!
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Cutehector(m): 8:22am On Jul 10, 2022
solasoulmusic:

They should be ferry’s well lit and big enough to withstand the waves. They didn’t see where they were headed a barge will be disguised by the water.
yeah..

Too bad we dont have lots of ferries. People are not investing in buying ferries for inland water ways transport.

1 Like

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 10, 2022
Whobedatte:
People get mind o
I can never use water transport in Nigeria even with a life jacket
shocked
My cousin never near him mama village for almost 12yrs becos of ordinary boat grin

2 Likes

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 10, 2022
Cutehector:
yeah..

Too bad we dont have lots of ferries. People are not investing in buying ferries for inland water ways transport.
dat ferry cost o even if lag government wan buy am highest him fit buy na 3
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Cutehector(m): 8:28am On Jul 10, 2022
Onariii:
dat ferry cost o even if lag government wan buy am highest him fit buy na 3
cheesy grin grin but them fit buy am, na just lack of good management wey dey kill nigerian system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Pinkyposh(f): 8:29am On Jul 10, 2022
F117nighthawk:
Some of u will just come here and just type for typing sake,even if u are in Lagos, can't people use their common sense, i live in an area where I enter these covered and uncovered boats weekly, I see a lot of people misbehaving when it comes to using the life jackets, there is a jetty close to my area u will still see people up till 9pm boarding because they want to get home at all cost, I once got there at 8pm saw the danger and never boarded had to go and look for a place to sleep near by, it's the passengers I blame, people should always use their brains pls, stick to simple instructions
quote author=goodluck813 post=114584166] you're talking as if you don't stay in Lagos.. Lagos water transport is one of the worst unsafe means of transportation... there's hardly a month without accident, it's under reported,the official and tout connived to manipulate the system, that's why daytime and nighttime no safety measures to protect the travellers..go to CMS ,idumota you see for yourself..

Don't mind him, which one is "you talk as if you don't live in Lagos". Can't rules be followed, are lagosians cowards that they can't obey simple instructions

They have warned them no night travel, they wouldn't hear.
I usually use the falomo jetty terminal, immediately it's 5:40 pm, they stop, they don't encourage night travels for safety.

But some drivers and passengers in some other terminals will not listen, they want to tempt the devil �
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by sorosoke101: 8:35am On Jul 10, 2022
Those that died in that boat mishap are all related family members, they are said to be travelling to ibeshe for the sallah celebrations.
Four of the children that died belong to a one parent, their mom is said to have gone for hajj pilgrimage at the holy mosque in Mecca, and she has not be told about the tragedy. Can you just imagine the huge shock and sorrow awaiting her at home? The elderly man that died in that boat mishap is an Islamic cleric, he is the financial secretary of kuje amuwo central mosque. When the news of their death filtered in the whole neighborhood was just wailing, but that didn't even stop the sallah celebrations a bit.
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by FutureFocus: 8:40am On Jul 10, 2022
How can you risk your life to ride a boat without safety measures in place? None of them is wearing life jacket including the children, the adults made wrong decision for them.

2 Likes

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by DMerciful(m): 8:40am On Jul 10, 2022
I dont have time for little minds who vehemently defend mediocrity
wandyvirus:
Don't miss an opportunity to be educated. You won't find this opportunity around you. Don't tuck your tail in and run like a scared little dog.
Face the issues you raised and let us talk about safety and enforcement. Offer solutions and let's debate it.
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Offpoint1: 8:43am On Jul 10, 2022
F117nighthawk:
The rules says no night travel by boats in Lagos state, and always wear your life jackets, but Nigerians remain dumb to this simple rules and instructions,
They will just continue to die avoidable deaths, I know many ignorant ones will still fall victims of this simple rules
If you don't live in Lagos then you don't deserve to make this statement.

Lagos state banned bikes without providing alternative to ease movement. Imagine you closed from work 4pm and spend 2-4 hours waiting for bus to your destination, I bet whatever alternative you see after 4 hours of waiting you'll take it.

Using boat without life jacket is what I'm against.
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by IbileIfe: 8:46am On Jul 10, 2022

“The boat from Mile 2 to Ibeshe in the Ojo axis broke the waterways rules of late travelling by setting sail at 7.45 p.m.,” she said.

They chose to commit suicide.

Disobedience and ignorance have killed more humans than than anything else.
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by abobote: 8:47am On Jul 10, 2022
So unfortunate.
I have use that same route for about 5 times, and I like using it coz is faster than road.
Henceforth I wont use it, though we usually wear life jackets.
May the passengers be find safely
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by powerblaze(m): 8:47am On Jul 10, 2022
solasoulmusic:

Well if the boat was fully lit, they'd have seen the barge..

So many faults on so many levels

1 Like

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by IbileIfe: 8:54am On Jul 10, 2022
sorosoke101:
Those that died in that boat mishap are all related family members, they are said to be travelling to ibeshe for the sallah celebrations.
Four of the children that died belong to a one parent, their mom is said to have gone for hajj pilgrimage at the holy mosque in Mecca, and she has not be told about the tragedy. Can you just imagine the huge shock and sorrow awaiting her at home? The elderly man that died in that boat mishap is an Islamic cleric, he is the financial secretary of kuje amuwo central mosque. When the news of their death filtered in the whole neighborhood was just wailing, but that didn't even stop the sallah celebrations a bit.

Obedience is better than sacrifice.

Simple act of obedience would have saved their lives.
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by IbileIfe: 9:00am On Jul 10, 2022
powerblaze:

Well if the boat was fully lit, they'd have seen the barge..

So many faults on so many levels
The best boats for waterways transport are reserved for the elites in Lagos State.
I advised them to buy hovercrafts which Lagos State purchased during the military administration. No single boat mishap.
Sometimes, I wonder if the present political office holders are humans or demons, because they don't like obedience to good governance.

1 Like

Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Olamicwoto: 9:19am On Jul 10, 2022
God have mercy on ur children
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by F117nighthawk: 9:40am On Jul 10, 2022
That's always the problem with u Nigerians, always justifying what is bad because government put a ban on it, is Okada transportation a decent mean of transportation, where in the world will u see Okada as a means of transportation in a metropolitan city,before Okada came were people not moving around? Do u even love your life at all, is it not when u are alive u will even go to work? I live here in Lagos and I go to work by boat sometimes, I see all the rubbish people do when they board these boats even late night and even rushing in the dark for God sake even without life jackets, what kind of human beings are u nigerians haba

quote author=Offpoint1 post=114586702]

Lagos state banned bikes without providing alternative to ease movement. Imagine you closed from work 4pm and spend 2-4 hours waiting for bus to your destination, I bet whatever alternative you see after 4 hours of waiting you'll take it.

Using boat without life jacket is what I'm against. [/quote]
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by foremost55(m): 9:53am On Jul 10, 2022
cry
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by jaxxy(m): 10:01am On Jul 10, 2022
Do those boats have night headlamps to see tide situations aheadof them cos mile2 ojo isnt a small water body?
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Olu4Golden: 10:02am On Jul 10, 2022
[quote author=Tomilola360 post=114585269]

Just like the sacrifice your ppl do when they gave your widowed mother the bath water from your late dads corpse to drink.

Oloriburuku oshi[/qu shocked sadte]
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by chijiokecosmos: 10:14am On Jul 10, 2022
post=114576318:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2022/07/09/16-passengers-missing-in-another-lagos-boat-accident/
Two corpses of a woman and a man were later found sailing on water near a parked ship yesterday morning. I witnessed everything.
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Originalsly: 10:20am On Jul 10, 2022
NIWA Lagos manager said the night rules were broken. People will always break laws. The question is what has NIWA been doing to enforce the rules? NIWA is the root of this problem ... lack of enforcement period.... just waiting for the next accident to explain why people died.... and the masses will pile the blame on the boat operator.
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by iFESTAC680(m): 10:22am On Jul 10, 2022
jmoore:
No water safety rules.

How can people enter boat without lifejacket?

How can? I use the ferry sometimes, it's technically impossible for all commuters not to wear life jacket. Infact it is compulsory at the jetty. Those who don't wear jacket are those boys who work there.

I got to know that one full family except one was lost in the accident.
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by Offpoint1: 10:29am On Jul 10, 2022
F117nighthawk:
That's always the problem with u Nigerians, always justifying what is bad because government put a ban on it, is Okada transportation a decent mean of transportation, where in the world will u see Okada as a means of transportation in a metropolitan city,before Okada came were people not moving around? Do u even love your life at all, is it not when u are alive u will even go to work? I live here in Lagos and I go to work by boat sometimes, I see all the rubbish people do when they board these boats even late night and even rushing in the dark for God sake even without life jackets, what kind of human beings are u nigerians haba

quote author=Offpoint1 post=114586702]

Using boat without life jacket is what I'm against.
Where do you see justification?

If you don't want people to use elevator to a skyscraper building, simply provide a staircase.
You don't cut off access to the elevator before you start building staircases, you build staircase first before you cut off access to the elevator.
If you failed to do the necessary thing people will be forced to climb the building via the windows and walls regardless of the danger it imposes.
Re: 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident by kernniejay(m): 10:56am On Jul 10, 2022
harryboyng:
But why would someone risk a journey on boat at that late hour and no life jacket..it’s sad to know that people don’t even value their life..RIP to the dead cry cry
People dont value their lives in this country and they want the government to value it for them. We take too many things for granted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Johannesburg (south Africa) Picture Gallery / Coup: Aircraft Conveying Nigerian Pilgrims Trapped In Niger, Says MaxAir / How Safe Is A Road Trip To Port Harcourt This Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.