Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,152 members, 7,849,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:54 AM

Starting Up A Tech Skill Based Academy- ADVISE - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Starting Up A Tech Skill Based Academy- ADVISE (357 Views)

Tech Skill To Learn / It's easy, learn a new tech skill. / Please Help A Brother Tech Skill To Acquire In 2019!!! Tired Of 9-6 Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting Up A Tech Skill Based Academy- ADVISE by xiitu(m): 7:10am On Jul 10, 2022
Good day Nairaland Devs/Tech interest gentles.

I think this is my first time of doing this- coming up here to seek advice and recommendations. I'm optimistic that, like you all never fails to render such advices, I will not be an exception.

Ok! I just finished serving Nigeria as it is required by law and, like every other individual at this stage of live, the question of "what do I do afterwards" won't allow me have nights of sleep. So, since I learnt some tech skills during my service year, I have concluded on starting up a tech base skill acquisition academy.
I'm looking at opening a company where individuals can acquire skills and certification on Front-end programming, Back-end programming, HSE 1,2,3, Computer appreciation, Project management and the rest.

All I ask right now is, the ways to go.
Do I need a license to offer and certify those courses listed above? what are your recommendation(s) for someone who is just start up?

Before I forget, I have registered my business name with CAC.

Thanks, as I look forward to your advices.
Re: Starting Up A Tech Skill Based Academy- ADVISE by xiitu(m): 8:42pm On Jul 10, 2022
I still look forward to your advices
Re: Starting Up A Tech Skill Based Academy- ADVISE by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 10, 2022
Re: Starting Up A Tech Skill Based Academy- ADVISE by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 10, 2022
This is the little I think would help

-Compiling an excellent curriculum so that your graduates can compete favourably in the job market
- Looking for qualified tutors/assistants so that you have enough time to manage the academy + formulate strategies & chart course.
- Possibly collaborating with companies/like-minded institutions. That way, you will have multiple endorsements, larger influence+network & a stake in the industry generally.
- Decide whether it'll be majorly online or majorly physical or both etc..
- Also consult a startup lawyer who is familiar with the tech terrain to advice you concerning the license and legal-ish..

What you intend to do is an honourable thing and if executed properly it would affect generations yet unborn positively.

Some might say that there are many such academies already, please ignore them, change makers don't think that way.

Good luck & I'll update if I get any new info.

2 Likes

Re: Starting Up A Tech Skill Based Academy- ADVISE by xiitu(m): 8:28pm On Jul 12, 2022
Elevenn:
This is the little I think would help

-Compiling an excellent curriculum so that your graduates can compete favourably in the job market
- Looking for qualified tutors/assistants so that you have enough time to manage the academy + formulate strategies & chart course.
- Possibly collaborating with companies/like-minded institutions. That way, you will have multiple endorsements, larger influence+network & a stake in the industry generally.
- Decide whether it'll be majorly online or majorly physical or both etc..
- Also consult a startup lawyer who is familiar with the tech terrain to advice you concerning the license and legal-ish..

What you intend to do is an honourable thing and if executed properly it would affect generations yet unborn positively.

Some might say that there are many such academies already, please ignore them, change makers don't think that way.

Good luck & I'll update if I get any new info.

oh my God!
thank you so much for this.
Thank you!!!

(1) (Reply)

How To Create A Website For One-man Account / / Working Dell Laptop For For Sale At An Affordable Price.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.