Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,982 members, 7,828,479 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

My Baby Is 16 Month Old And She Is Not Bearing Weight On Her Legs. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Baby Is 16 Month Old And She Is Not Bearing Weight On Her Legs. (343 Views)

My Baby's Skin Problem Now A Story Of The Past / My Baby's Skin Problem Is Worrisome (Disturbing Photos) / IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Baby Is 16 Month Old And She Is Not Bearing Weight On Her Legs. by Oniovosavictor: 12:56pm On Jul 10, 2022
Mother's in the house help me, my baby is 16 month old and she is not bearing weight on her legs. She is not standing, when u help her to stand she is so scared and her heart start racing

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is 16 Month Old And She Is Not Bearing Weight On Her Legs. by incandescentena: 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2022
Op your baby is fine.

Your babys Fear is not to stand or walk. Her fear is you seperating from her to walk or stand alone.

Hold the babys hand and teach her to stand or walk, get a baby walker or pusher

wink

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is 16 Month Old And She Is Not Bearing Weight On Her Legs. by Sekoni003(m): 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2022
Have you tried getting her a baby walker?

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is 16 Month Old And She Is Not Bearing Weight On Her Legs. by gasparpisciotta: 1:11pm On Jul 10, 2022
Oniovosavictor:
Mother's in the house help me, my baby is 16 month old and she is not bearing weight on her legs. She is not standing, when u help her to stand she is so scared and her heart start racing

Get her a walker

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is 16 Month Old And She Is Not Bearing Weight On Her Legs. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 1:14pm On Jul 10, 2022
I honestly believe that your baby is fine...Walking independently for a baby is new and scary for them...Your baby when he/they feel like they are ready to venture this milestone on their own will do so when you least expect them to...

The developmental milestones are guidelines and some may meet them ahead of schedule while others may take a little longer...Not every child is the same so do not drive yourself crazy when you hear others talk about their child walking earlier than your..Keep offering your child support and encouragement..Is your child reaching other developmental milestones like crawling..speaking a few words....etc?

If so I would not fret over your child being 16mths old and not walking independently or being unable to stand.. if your child is taking steps while holding onto a helping hand or cruising while holding onto furniture.. again I believe that your baby is doing just fine... If you need reassurance then mention your concerns to your child's pediatrician...There are many parents like yourself with this concern.. enjoy..

2 Likes

Re: My Baby Is 16 Month Old And She Is Not Bearing Weight On Her Legs. by yomi007k(m): 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
Have no fear.

There might be slight diffference in developmental milestones for different kids.

A walker will help, as suggested above.

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is 16 Month Old And She Is Not Bearing Weight On Her Legs. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 1:18pm On Jul 10, 2022

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is 16 Month Old And She Is Not Bearing Weight On Her Legs. by JASONjnr(m): 1:27pm On Jul 10, 2022
You have to cut the fear by using toys or things the baby wants to play with to place them on a height and have their eyes concentrate there so you can lead them to it...

Using some systematic approach to teach the child how to stand and work is your responsibility... Work towards it...

Best of luck.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Diabetic Nephropathy (diabetic Kidney Disease): Symptoms And Prevention / Festy Hair Lounge Ltd, No.13 Monna Plaza Opposite Gtbank Opebi Road Ikeja / Buhari’s Government Approves 14 Days Paternity Leave For Nigerian Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.