Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,474 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

The Rise Of The Skinny Man - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Rise Of The Skinny Man (1266 Views)

Why Do We Have Few Pageant For Big Ladies And Many For The Skinny Ladies?? / Skinny Jeans On Men: Cool Or Not Cool? / The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rise Of The Skinny Man by shesi(m): 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2011
this is something i've been noticing more and more over the last few years.
It used to be that the standard for guys to aspire to was a beefcake physique. bulking, muscle-bound. Failing that it was okay to be a "man of substance" (i.e. more than a few extra pounds)

but you look around these days and things are looking quite different. just look around tv, men's magazines, everywhere. the anchor men are looking rather 'trim', the male models these days are botherline anorexic (there's even such a thing as manorexia these days), even the sportsmen are looking more and more trim. the fashion trends for men are all about skinny. skinny jeans, trim suits, form fitting shirts, form fitting pants,
WTF is going on?

I see what's going on. It's the women driving this. They are bitter that society requires them to be skinny to be considered attractive and now they are trying to do the same thing to us guys. This is the work of the womenfolk.

We must fight it. asap.lol. I can't give up my beers.
Re: The Rise Of The Skinny Man by iice(f): 5:30pm On Aug 03, 2011
By your words, men have no brains.
Re: The Rise Of The Skinny Man by Owugal(f): 2:17pm On Aug 05, 2011
I dont think that is so. SKinny men are not in vogue. Trim men are in vogue. but so are muscular men who look good. you know right proportions.
Re: The Rise Of The Skinny Man by tpia5: 5:25am On Aug 06, 2011
didnt notice.
Re: The Rise Of The Skinny Man by InkedNerd(f): 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2011
Hmmm, so OP you admit that you men put unnecessary pressure on women to look a certain way since you say this is our way of getting back at you guys? Better yet, are you one of those people who are out of shape?

(1) (Reply)

Channel Coco Mademoiselle Fresh Body Cream / World Most Expensive Horse Sells For $16m / Over 3000 People Paid #200k Each To Watch Kim Kardashian Makeup Session!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.