Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,914 members, 7,838,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Raheem Sterling From Man City In £45m Deal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Raheem Sterling From Man City In £45m Deal (371 Views)

Real Madrid Confirm Signing Of Antonio Rudiger / Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner / Real Madrid Confirm Signing Of Eden Hazard From Chelsea On 5-Year Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Raheem Sterling From Man City In £45m Deal by oakinshield: 5:19pm On Jul 13, 2022
Chelsea have completed a £45million deal to sign England international winger Raheem Sterling from
Manchester City .
The 27-year-old has played a pivotal role in City winning the league in four of the last five seasons but he is looking for more regular starts ahead of the Qatar World Cup later this year.
Sterling overtakes N’Golo Kante as Chelsea’s top earner, with the former Liverpool star reportedly agreeing terms on a £300,000-a-week contract.
Barcelona , Real Madrid and Bayern Munich were also interested in Sterling, but it is the west London club who have won the race for his signature.
Advertisement
Upon confirmation of his arrival, Sterling explained he has been impressed by the vision of Thomas Tuchel and the German coach’s role for him.
‘First and foremost, it’s a pleasure to be here,’ Sterling said.
‘I’ve obviously achieved a lot in my career so far, but there is still so much more to achieve and I’m really looking forward to doing that in a Chelsea shirt, under Thomas’s management.
‘London is my home and where it all started for me, and it’s amazing I now have the opportunity to play in front of friends and family week in, week out at Stamford Bridge. I’m really looking forward to meeting the fans there soon.
‘I do want to take the opportunity to thank Todd, Behdad, the ownership group, Thomas, and all involved in the process of getting me here.
‘I can’t wait to get going now and continue to do my talking on the pitch.’
Sterling is the first major signing under the club’s new owners, the consortium led by American billionaire Todd Boehly.
‘Raheem Sterling is a serial winner and his signing is an important step in strengthening our squad,’ Boehly said.

‘We are delighted for Raheem to return to London with Chelsea, and we look forward to seeing his world-class talent on display at Stamford Bridge.’
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Raheem Sterling From Man City In £45m Deal by BigVawulence: 5:19pm On Jul 13, 2022
Okay

Big vawulence on the beat....
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Raheem Sterling From Man City In £45m Deal by SmellyNyash: 5:34pm On Jul 13, 2022
Waste of resources
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Raheem Sterling From Man City In £45m Deal by Unzerious: 6:05pm On Jul 13, 2022
300,000 Pound STERLING shocked
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Raheem Sterling From Man City In £45m Deal by Broveens42(m): 9:09pm On Jul 13, 2022
SmellyNyash:
Waste of resources

You haven't seen anything yet. I no more hear "American owners don't spend"

Sterling done
Koulibaly agreed
Nathan Ake in line
Presnel kimpembe next
Gnabry , Ronaldo or lewandowski to complete the puzzle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Raheem Sterling From Man City In £45m Deal by ManirBK: 11:44pm On Jul 13, 2022
sai chelsea lalasticlala pls do the needful

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62155029
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Raheem Sterling From Man City In £45m Deal by Broveens42(m): 6:46am On Jul 14, 2022
Hehehe

(1) (Reply)

Super Falcons Set To Take On Atlas Lionesses Of Morocco (match Preview) / Cristiano Ronaldo Trains With Manchester United Team After Criticism / Why Does 1xbet Not Have Some Games In Their Listing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.