Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:50 AM

A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. (913 Views)

See How A Father Danced At His Troublesome Daughter's Wedding / Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. / My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. by Donalleh(m): 4:54am On Jul 15, 2022

A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. Yes, Showing and Many Times showed it, For creating the Good Gift First Before The Perfect Gift; Life and Body. To Release The Same Power On The Perfect Gift.

Also, For The Price He Paid; Just As The Father Is Rich In Mercy, For Having Compassion From My Old Ways, and For His Grace To Understand That We Exists Because He Is Pleased. I Reveal You Is Love Showing.

#GroundShaker #FatherDay #TheFirst #DeLight #Truth

1 Like

Re: A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. by Kobojunkie: 4:57am On Jul 15, 2022
Donalleh:

A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. Yes, Showing and Many Times showed it, For creating the Good Gift First Before The Perfect Gift; Life and Body. To Release The Same Power On The Perfect Gift.

Also, For The Price He Paid; Just As The Father Is Rich In Mercy, For Having Compassion From My Old Ways, and For His Grace To Understand That We Exists Because He Is Pleased. I Reveal You Is Love Showing.
So when God tells those who Obey Him that He loves them, and goes on to show them how, this makes God what? A mumu Father? undecided

Abeg, stop trying to hide behind the name of God that which is ridiculous. undecided
Re: A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. by Kobojunkie: 5:21am On Jul 15, 2022
GreatVocalist:

You're so argumentative that you fail to read between the lines. People like you are only endowed with head knowledge but lack the spiritual experience of the knowledge of God and His ways.
So, from your so-called Spiritual experience of the knowledge of God, God does not tell His own that He loves him? undecided

1 Like

Re: A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. by Kobojunkie: 5:26am On Jul 15, 2022
GreatVocalist:

See beyond what that guy said. He's not saying that God does not say it. He's saying that God does not just say it, He goes further to show it. He would prefer to show it than to say it. Read between the lines oga.
But the statement in bold is not true of God since God speaks numerously of His love for those who obey Him even as He shows His love to them. undecided

1 Like

Re: A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. by Donalleh(m): 5:31am On Jul 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So when God tells those who Obey Him that He loves them, and goes on to show them how, this makes God what? A mumu Father? undecided

Abeg, stop trying to hide behind the name of God that which is ridiculous. undecided

Hey Beloved, I Appreciate My Father That You Exist And My Father Is Also Kind To The Unthankful And Evil Which Makes Him So Rich In Mercy.
Re: A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. by Kobojunkie: 5:33am On Jul 15, 2022
GreatVocalist:
Why is it not true?
Because that doesn't conform to what is written of Him neither is it true of Him as oke and only counselor and comforter to those who obey Him. undecided
Re: A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. by Donalleh(m): 5:34am On Jul 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So, from your so-called Spiritual experience of the knowledge of God, God does not tell His own that He loves him? undecided

My Beloved, If I Ask You This, Can You Tell Love Without Showing It And Feel Is Real?
Re: A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. by Kobojunkie: 5:34am On Jul 15, 2022
Donalleh:
Hey Beloved, I Appreciate My Father That You Exist And My Father Is Also Kind To The Unthankful And Evil Which Makes Him So Rich In Mercy.
huh? undecided
Re: A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. by Kobojunkie: 5:36am On Jul 15, 2022
Donalleh:
My Beloved, If I Ask You This, Can You Tell Love Without Showing It And Feel Is Real?
Even the human words "I love you" have been shown to have a positive impact on the psyche of children, especially when it comes from a loved one. Those are precious confidence/assurance giving words that should never be taken for granted by even fathers. undecided
Re: A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. by Kobojunkie: 5:41am On Jul 15, 2022
GreatVocalist:
1. This is where you get it wrong, unless you have another definition for love. God's love is not based on man's obedience.

2. Nobody deserves God's love, He “will not” love anyone, He actually “loves” everyone. No one is worthy of God's love. He did not need to say it to us before He showed it by sending His son to pay the price for our rebellion. No one could have done anything to trigger that.
1. Interesting claim! So when God gave Jesus Christ to men stipulating that only those who believe in Him can be saved, was that not God's love - John 3 vs 16 ? undecided

2. Yet, according to Jesus Christ, only those who obey Him will He love, this the will of God - John 15 vs 10 - 11 undecided
Re: A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. by Kobojunkie: 6:17am On Jul 15, 2022
GreatVocalist:
1. For God so loved the world that He gave His only son.. That doesn't say that “Those who obey God will be loved by God.“ God loved the world before He have the option of believing. The expression of His love was in sending His son, but one can only get saved when they BELIEVE in this act. He does not force us to believe, He respects our will. His love was not based on whether men believe or not. He has done it already, and now only those who believe this evidence of His love will enjoy that love. He's not saying He will love those who believe.

2. You're twisting the words of Jesus here. He says “remain in my love” not “I will love you”. He's not saying that He will stop loving anyone who refuses to obey Him. This part of the passage actually goes as an extension to John 3:16. If you merge both parts of that gospel together, this is the explanation you'll get:

3. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life (enjoy the benefits of that love). Also (taking this from verse 9 of John 15), just as I am continually enjoying the benefits of my father's love by consistently obeying Him, you will continually enjoy the benefits of my love if you remain in me and consistently obey me.

4. So this is not a case of God withdrawing His love from anyone, it's a case of someone not enjoying the benefits of that love if he does not keep obeying. It's simply a case of you knowing what you have at your disposal, yet choosing not to make use of it.
1. You conveniently skipped the part where the verse explains that it is only those who believe.i.e. obey that can go on to experience God's Love to mankind which is Jesus Christ. undecided

God's love is reason He sent Jesus Christ to those who will obey. undecided

2. But Jesus Christ never said He loves all persons to begin with. He made it clear in His teachings that those who love Him are those who obey His commandments and those who are His friends are those who do as He asks - John 15 vs 14 - indicating that His enemies are those who do not do as He asks. undecided

3. Those verses clearly tell you the love is conditioned on your obedience. undecided

4. This is a case of being blind to what is in fact written. undecided
Re: A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. by Donalleh(m): 6:18am On Jul 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Interesting claim! So when God gave Jesus Christ to men stipulating that only those who believe in Him can be saved, was that not God's love - John 3 vs 16 ? undecided

2. Yet, according to Jesus Christ, only those who obey Him will He love, this the will of God - John 15 vs 10 - 11 undecided

My Beloved, you can only get it right when you stop misinterpreting the Word. Only those who believe Is the power of Choice; a Decision that everyone has to make to SaveSelf. I CANNOT Decide For You.

Yet, when you start to obey Jesus Christ, His Love always take Good to Better; Great to Greater; High to Higher. If you're obeying Him then Fear Not, Trust Him And Taste What Jesus Christ Can Do.
Re: A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. by Donalleh(m): 6:30am On Jul 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. You conveniently skipped the part where the verse explains that it is only those who believe.i.e. obey that can go on to experience God's Love to mankind which is Jesus Christ. undecided

God's love is reason He sent Jesus Christ to those who will obey. undecided

2. But Jesus Christ never said He loves all persons to begin with. He made it clear in His teachings that those who love Him are those who obey His commandments and those who are His friends are those who do as He asks - John 15 vs 14 - indicating that His enemies are those who do not do as He asks. undecided

3. Those verses clearly tell you the love is conditioned on your obedience. undecided

4. This is a case of being blind to what is in fact written. undecided

MY Beloved, the fact is that, Love Your Neighbor As Yourself In the bold words, You have to love yourself first.

Our Father ask us to love our enemies, that means the love is for all persons. We just can't love evil rather hate it.
Re: A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. by Kobojunkie: 9:52am On Jul 15, 2022
Donalleh:
1. My Beloved, you can only get it right when you stop misinterpreting the Word. Only those who believe Is the power of Choice; a Decision that everyone has to make to SaveSelf. I CANNOT Decide For You.

2. Yet, when you start to obey Jesus Christ, His Love always take Good to Better; Great to Greater; High to Higher. If you're obeying Him then Fear Not, Trust Him And Taste What Jesus Christ Can Do.
1. So what if it is the power of choice? The point here is God's Love through Jesus Christ is only available to those who obey God - those who chose to - which is exactly what that verse right there tells you. So what do you accuse me of misinterpreting? undecided

2. Take what good to better .... great to Greater? I.dokt follow. undecided

The only standard of good that matters is Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant Law and Truth in the Kingdom of God and it is only those who live their lives in continuous submission to and obedience of His teachings(and commandments- all about 100 of them) that will reap the Love God has to give them in the person of Jesus Christ- John 14 vs 20 - 25 and John 15 vs 7 - 11 & John 15 vs 14 undecided
Re: A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. by Kobojunkie: 9:56am On Jul 15, 2022
Donalleh:
1. MY Beloved, the fact is that, Love Your Neighbor As Yourself In the bold words, You have to love yourself first.

2. Our Father ask us to love our enemies, that means the love is for all persons. We just can't love evil rather hate it.
1. The commandment to love your neighbor as you love yourself belongs in the Old Covenant Law of Moses which only concerns those who are of the blood of Jacob and the Nation of Israel- Leviticus 19 vs 9 - 19. Instead, Jesus Christ instructs His own to do to others as you would like for them to do to you - Matthew 7 vs 12 undecided

2.. God's love for us as a Father is what the topic is on, right? undecided
Re: A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. by Donalleh(m): 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. The commandment to love your neighbor as you love yourself belongs in the Old Covenant Law of Moses which only concerns those who are of the blood of Jacob and the Nation of Israel- Leviticus 19 vs 9 - 19. Instead, Jesus Christ instructs His own to do to others as you would like for them to do to you - Matthew 7 vs 12 undecided

2.. God's love for us as a Father is what the topic is on, right? undecided

Hey Beloved, Truly, I understand your kind of being, the Gentiles, I will tell you, I hope that you consider with the Former things, and understand together. You are pure in your own eyes, and yet is not washed from your filthiness.

I am from the blood of my father's Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, which the same blood begot Jesus Christ.
I tell you today, understand the Word, the summary of the SCRIPTURE is to Love your neighbor as yourself, that means, if you do love to others as you would like for them to do for you. Start with Self, so that you can show true love.

Kobojunkie:
1. So what if it is the power of choice? The point here is God's Love through Jesus Christ is only available to those who obey God - those who chose to - which is exactly what that verse right there tells you. So what do you accuse me of misinterpreting? undecided

2. Take what good to better .... great to Greater? I.dokt follow. undecided

The only standard of good that matters is Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant Law and Truth in the Kingdom of God and it is only those who live their lives in continuous submission to and obedience of His teachings(and commandments- all about 100 of them) that will reap the Love God has to give them in the person of Jesus Christ- John 14 vs 20 - 25 and John 15 vs 7 - 11 & John 15 vs 14 undecided

My Beloved, I hope your eyes will be opened to understand that God's Love is the Precious Holy Spirit which is inside of us. HE IS THE GREATER; Greater Is He That Is In Me Than He In The World. Just Good Can Bring Him Out.

Talk To Our Father For His Love, But Begins By Pleasing Him With Praise.
Re: A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. by Kobojunkie: 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2022
Donalleh:
1. Truly, I understand your kind of being, the Gentiles, I will tell you, I hope that you consider with the Former things, and understand together. You are pure in your own eyes, and yet is not washed from your filthiness.

2. I am from the blood of my father's Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, which the same blood begot Jesus Christ. I tell you today, understand the Word, the summary of the SCRIPTURE is to Love your neighbor as yourself, that means, if you do love to others as you would like for them to do for you. Start with Self, so that you can show true love.

3., I hope your eyes will be opened to understand that God's Love is the Precious Holy Spirit which is inside of us. HE IS THE GREATER; Greater Is He That Is In Me Than He In The World. Just Good Can Bring Him Out.

4. Talk To Our Father For His Love, But Begins By Pleasing Him With Praise.
1. What the heck does that line even mean abeg? undecided

2. Ok, so you claim to be of Jewish birth yet you pretend to cling to Jesus Christ who said that you cannot serve two Masters at the same time .I.e. you cannot serve under God’s Old Covenant Law,YHWH, and under God’s New Covenant Law, Jesus Christ, at the same time? undecided

Again, Love your neighbor as you love yourself is for those who are under the Old Law of Moses. Those under the New Covenant Law and Gospel of the Kingdom of Job are instead to do to others as they would like to have done to them - those are the rules under Jesus Christ. undecided

3. Again, God's Love is expressed through the blessings and promises of His Law to us. And those who reap His Love are those who obey His commandments, just as Jesus Christ made severally clear in His Teachings. Unless it is the case that you don't believe at all in Jesus Christ. undecided

4. The Father Is clear about one thing which is that Obedience is the key to His Love and abundance. Do you believe Him or do you not? undecided
Re: A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Jul 15, 2022
GreatVocalist:
1. My point is that God's love was not triggered by any form of obedience from man. It was not done as a result of a futuristic expectation of man's obedience. He simply loved us because that's His essence, He is love. So we don't do anything in order for Him to love us. God's love is for all, including the unbelievers. To an extent, they enjoy God's love, but they don't know. Now the actual enjoyment comes from knowing, believing and accepting that love and its means of expression. Only then can a man fully enjoy the love of God, even here on earth. Why? Because God's spirit has come to live in him, and then he begins to experience the life of God on earth. That is eternal life.

2. I don't get you here, how does this point make your argument valid? Jesus says that those who keep His commandments are those who love Him. He's saying that a person can prove their love for Him only when they keep His commandments (please Him), because He was God in the flesh, meaning that anyone who obeyed Him obeyed God. That does not indicate in any sense that anyone who does not love Him is His enemy. Jesus said He came for the unsaved, not the saved. Why would He come for people who don't obey Him if He only loves those who obey Him?

3. No verse tells me that love is conditioned on my obedience. God loves me unconditionally, and that's what makes His love awesome and captivating.

4. Do you really understand the depth of God's love? You seriously need to ask yourself this question sir.
1. This isn't about what triggers God's Love, but instead how to obtain God's love for us. And that is clearly explained by Jesus Christ, the one who God sent, who said that it is only through obedience that one can have God's Love. undecided

2. John 15 vs 14, Jesus Christ clearly states that those who do what He says are His friends, implying that those who do not do what He asks are His enemies. undecided

3. John 3 vs 16 tells you exactly that. God's New Covenant Law and Covenant is God's promise given only to those who will obey Him - He will abide in you if you abide in Him meaning if you do not abide in Him, He will not abide in you - John 15 vs 7 - 11. Even John, the author, makes this fact that Jesus Christ's love only exists for those who belong to Him known in John 13 vs 1 - 2 undecided

4. God's Love, regardless of the depths you claim, is conditioned on your obedience to His commandments. It was the same during the time of Adam, the same for Abraham, and for the people of His Old Covenant, and the same even with those of us who claim to be of the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Jul 15, 2022
GreatVocalist:
Let me get you very correctly. Are you saying that God loves us only if we obey Him, and if we don't obey Him, He won't love us?
I am saying that only those who obey God's commandments experience God's Love as depicted in His Law. undecided

If you don't obey God, you will only hear of God's Love but will not experience it. That is what God has been telling us from even the time of Adam, Abraham, the Old Covenant, and now Jesus Christ. Obedience, not prayer or any other ritual men can concoct, is the Key! undecided
Re: A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. by Kobojunkie: 6:02pm On Jul 15, 2022
GreatVocalist:
1. Bros, you are in absolute error, BIG ONE! No man, absolutely no man can earn God's love, not even the likes of Abraham and the rest. God is even eager for us to experience His love much more than we even want to. God is the one seeking us, not us seeking Him. We don't obey God to experience His love, we obey Him BECAUSE we have experienced His love.

2. Now this is the love in John 3:16.
1 John 4:19 - We love (obey) because He has loved us first.

3. How do you misinterpret the love of God so badly? He loved us first. We must first accept this great offer of love by faith, then because we have accepted this love, we can then obey His commandments. Now this obedience is not something that can be done by us and it is not achieved at once, it is the Holy spirit who helps us love God. This is the process of the renewing of the mind that Paul talked about in Romans 12:2.
1. So what you are saying is that Jesus Christ lied throughout the Gospels where He insists that those who obey His commandments are those who will enjoy the Love that He has to give - John 15 vs 7 - 14? undecided
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.
5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
6 If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.
7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. - John 15 vs 4 - 7
What you are insinuating is that you already received all the blessings and promises of God's Law, Jesus Christ even before you even think to Obey Jesus Christ meaning Jesus Christ was wrong in teaching that only those who abide in Him will receive that which He offers?

2. See #1 above undecided

3. I am afraid this supposed misinterpretation isn't from my end at all. undecided
Re: A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. by Kobojunkie: 6:28pm On Jul 15, 2022
GreatVocalist:
1. You're just going around in circles here saying the same thing. Yes, simply believing in Jesus Christ confers on us the inheritance and promises of God. Everything has been fulfilled in Christ Jesus. This is the promise of eternal life. Eternal life is the life of God, and this includes everything that God is. This explains how we receive the Holy spirit (which is the spirit of God) at our new birth.
Is the simple reason why you believe not because Jesus Christ in fact decrees that in order to obtain eternal life from Him, you must believe? Isn't that what obedience is about? undecided

Again, 1. So what you are saying is that Jesus Christ lied throughout the Gospels where He insists that those who obey His commandments are those who will enjoy the Love that He has to give - John 15 vs 7 - 14? undecided
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.
5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
6 If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.
7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. - John 15 vs 4 - 7
What you are insinuating is that you already received all the blessings and promises of God's Law, Jesus Christ even before you even think to Obey Jesus Christ meaning Jesus Christ was wrong in teaching that only those who abide in Him will receive that which He offers?
Re: A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. by Kobojunkie: 8:24pm On Jul 15, 2022
GreatVocalist:
Eanestly pray for understanding. You have clearly not understood God's love. You have no idea what it is.
At least show me you understand what Jesus Christ taught. Answer the questions posed. undecided

* Is the simple reason why you believe not because Jesus Christ in fact decrees that in order to obtain eternal life from Him, you must believe? Isn't that what obedience is about? undecided

* Are you saying that Jesus Christ lied throughout the Gospels where He insists that those who obey His commandments are those who will enjoy the Love that He has to give - John 15 vs 7 - 14? undecided

*What you are insinuating is that you already received all the blessings and promises of God's Law, Jesus Christ even before you even think to Obey Jesus Christ meaning Jesus Christ was wrong in teaching that only those who abide in Him will receive that which He offers?

(1) (2) (Reply)

These Are The Real Problems We Have In This World / Our Bundle Of Joy (thank You Jesus) / Today I Saw Another Man Cry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.