Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,662 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening (4619 Views)

Please Rate My 3D Paper-pencil Drawing / My 3D Works / Check Out My New 3D Works On My Behance Portfolio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by jidesp(m): 5:02pm On Jul 28, 2011
EXPO HALL. EKO HOTEL & SUITES,  Red Carpet Design for Passage
I was contacted by Wildcard Events & Media Ltd to prepare a red carpet scene for the EKO HOTEL & SUITE passage. They gave me the scenario of what they had to plan for work with which was in 2D form. It was an interesting project, because I'll have to model and texture complex objects, it only took me 6hrs 10mins to perfect the job. See pics below,

MODELING: 1hr
TEXTURING: 1Hour
LIGHTENING: 4HRS
RENDERING: 10mins

Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by akinreals: 5:26pm On Jul 28, 2011
wow, this is mind blowing, can u please teach me? i am jobless for now and i am interested, i don't even mind running errands for you, please help me.
Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by Ghoxt: 11:05am On Jul 30, 2011
Datz great! Could u please teach me I'm also jobless. Baptistthered@gmail.com . Pls
Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by teebebe(f): 11:31am On Aug 01, 2011
Hmm, Not bad at all. Conveys the idea effectively.
Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by jidesp(m): 8:11pm On Aug 01, 2011
@tee, thanks,
Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by teebebe(f): 10:03pm On Aug 01, 2011
U're welcome.
Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by PeterReezer: 9:18pm On Aug 18, 2011
you need learn the use ambient occlusion. well dont worry till then
Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by ugo2u(m): 4:19pm On Aug 19, 2011
nice
Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by jidesp(m): 1:16pm On Aug 20, 2011
@peter, you said you'll be back in Lasgidi soon, lightening is one of my basic issue like this, i want to satisfy my clients o, lol, anyway still waiting till you get back to lagos and give me my dream book, lol,

@ugo thanks, first time wey u no complain, lol, how are u?
Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by ugo2u(m): 10:24pm On Aug 20, 2011
I am going through high tides, but God has been faithful.
Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by jidesp(m): 10:11am On Aug 25, 2011
I'll train whoever wants to learn Maya 3D, Please note that i'll only take you on basics from A-Z. (Manipulation-Animation), But will be providing you with some materials if you want to go advance, lol, i'm @ ikeja, email me on jide.ikuyajolu@gmail.com 08035507465 for more details
Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by jidesp(m): 3:10am On Sep 06, 2011
this was for a wedding, at muson centre, cudnt wait to perfect the lightening, lol, i had to stop, got tired of rendering, lol,

let me no wah u fink guys

Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by jidesp(m): 3:22am On Sep 06, 2011
more

Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by cavallo: 1:00am On Sep 08, 2011
Hello. this is quite nice. if i may post my observations,I notice your posts and rug seem to be floating. u could use some antialiasing to make the images smoother and sharper, some work on the lighting and ambient occlusion for some contrast. also, try linear workflow. it helps fill in the dark areas. but overall, i like what you have done. here is one of my renders to show what i mean.

Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by jidesp(m): 10:40am On Sep 08, 2011
@calvaho, thanks for the info. I'm really have problems with lightening, but everyday i work with it, i learn everyday. Could refer me any tutorial on ambient occulsion, and other things you mentioned. And also i'm working with a 4gb Ram laptop, so thats why i dont explore much, cos it so slow wen it renders. I dont mind meeting you, if i can get probably a training,

thanks
Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by Etemma1(m): 6:23pm On Sep 22, 2011
@Jide, nicely done. Check out this work and tell me what you think.

Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by Etemma1(m): 6:30pm On Sep 22, 2011
and this one

Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by jidesp(m): 11:35pm On Sep 22, 2011
thnks, etemma, what software do you use, i use maya, nice work though,
Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by PeterReezer: 6:59pm On Sep 27, 2011
@jidesp
Do you really work with 3ds max or maya ? because the book i want to give you is about 3ds max and not maya. Although you can get the concept from it,but it spells MASTERING, in 3ds max. much of the stuff done in it is based on the criteria that you already know how to use materials/maps.
Any way you will get it. its no big deal. when i get to lag. i will call you.
Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by jidesp(m): 1:04am On Sep 28, 2011
@peter, i'll shoot you 3d Gun ooo, since.na, i can use studio max, i have both software on my system, but i dont really use it like that, but i dont mind, i learn most modelling trick from studio max. then i apply the same trick on mayaa
Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by jidesp(m): 10:08pm On Sep 29, 2011
jidesp:

@calvaho, thanks for the info. I'm really have problems with lightening, but everyday i work with it, i learn everyday. Could refer me any tutorial on ambient occulsion, and other things you mentioned. And also i'm working with a 4gb Ram laptop, so thats why i dont explore much, cos it so slow wen it renders. I dont mind meeting you, if i can get probably a training,

thanks
@calvaho, thanks for the update, i tried it and i saw d difference, but what i dont know is anti alias, do I need to increase or decrease the units to get sharper images. i tried ambient occulsion, but cant find the linear work flow, i'll probably google it, but i've been tweaking the figures and i'm noticing quite a number of difference, thanks, but if you could read this and reply i'll appreciate it, thanks,
Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by cavallo: 10:36pm On Sep 29, 2011
@jidesp I have created a topic called 3d rendering workshop where the focus is to enlighten people who wish to create stunning images in vray. Please ask your questions there so others can learn aswell. However, to answer your questions, here r some tips. 1 linear workflow: working in linear workflow enables the areas in ur image that r too dark to receive some light. It creates a balance between the bright and dark areas of your scene. This is true to real life situations. It involves setting the gamma in 3ds max to 2.2. U will find it under the rendering menu/GammaLUT setup. Then enabling the vray frame buffer and setting the color mapping in vray to 2.2, 2:ambient occlusion is a render pass that I use a lot. Its only used to create some contrast or dirt around the areas of an object that is a joint, a groove or crease. In real life situations, if u look at the corners of a room, you will see that they are a bit darker than the rest of the wall. Render AO pass and place over ur beauty pass by multipling the layer in photoshop. If its too dark, reduce opacity and adjust levels, 3. Antialiasing. In vray, I recommend using adaptive DMC with VraySinc filter. Min sub D of 1 and max of between 6 and 25, 3: computer spec, be patient. Create nice images and u will make enough to upgrade, Pls note that a good image may render overnight. but what the heck, its worth the wait. Don't let ur clients rush u. Give a good time frame and get better with every job. Charge good and u'll be fine. In my topic I will be posting more as soon as people show some interest. Hope this helps.Good luck
Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by jidesp(m): 9:08pm On Sep 30, 2011
@Calvaho. Thanks i find your description helpful. So you must know, I use maya. That was why i couldn't find the Linear Workflow. But every other thing you mentioned was there. One more thing. Can I use Vray with maya. cos i've never really used an external rendering software. I'd like to know how you lighten daylight outdoor scenes. There is a particular way i render outdoor scenes. I insert all my models and light inside a large circle mesh. and texture the mesh with sky image, create a physical based sun inside of it, though i'm not good at tweaking the figures to make it look better yet. But please if you have other tricks i dont mind, or you could explain better how to use my own trick well, i'll appreciate it, this also goes to anybody who has an idea, thanks,
Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by yinraph(m): 10:54am On Oct 01, 2011
Goodwork
Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by jidesp(m): 1:49am On Oct 02, 2011
@cavallo, how do i get to VRAY software, geniue software, lol, will search online though, i just want to know, if you av any link,
Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by jidesp(m): 2:18am On Oct 02, 2011
thanks cavallo, u've said quite a number of things that, i believe is true, i've tried to do some tweaking, i didnt take much time working on d modelling, i just want to see if i can achieve somefin with what u said, check out d image below, no critics about the modelling pple cos i was just in a rush and besides it was just to test my lightings,

in a sec will post another type that i mixed point light and then emit photons

Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by cavallo: 2:26am On Oct 02, 2011
jidesp all work and no play makes jack, I'm clubbin at the moment. I will logon as soon as I get home to see the image. The interest u have shown,, U r on ur way to becoming a master.lemme have ur email add.
Re: My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening by jidesp(m): 2:35am On Oct 02, 2011
here is a different rendered scene,  i noticed d first one was dark so i inserted a point light, and reduced its intensity to 0, and i also placed area lights at d windows to allow the directional light outside to shine inside. the directional light reflects on both the area light and the point light creating a lighter scene, this may not be clear, but so far, i think, i'm getting an better on lighting, though the render looks awkward, but will keep on trying untill i get it.lol, thanks cavalllo

@cavallo, jide.ikuyajolu@gmail.com

look at the second pics, there is a bit of a difference. i increased d anti alias, lol, tweaking more, ohshit got to sleep, tomao guys.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Learn 3d Blender (video Tutorial For Free) / I Am A Bachelor / Large Printing & Photocopy At Extremely Low Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.