Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job (27509 Views)

A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay / 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job / Guys, Never Look This Way If You Want To Keep Your Job In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by mekuso89(m): 5:27am On Jul 16, 2022
Sometimes it can be difficult to know when it’s time to quit your job. In most jobs, there comes a point where we realize that we are not enthusiastic about coming to work or starting a new assignment. You may even feel like your manager is driving you crazy. However, how can you determine if you have a good reason to leave?

We identified 3 critical indicators that identify the right moment when to leave your job.

1. Tasks lack a sense of difficulty

People do not despise being overworked. Most employees appreciate it, as long as their responsibilities are not tedious. If the jobs are too easy or there is little room for advancement, this may be an excellent cause to seek employment with a firm that will present you with truly difficult work.

According to a CNBC interview with popular management expert Suzy Welch, before making a final choice, ask yourself when was the last time you tried anything new at work. If you cannot recollect such a time from the recent past, you are trapped in what she refers to as a velvet coffin’s employment. It’s incredibly comfy, yet it’s detrimental to your mind, soul, and career.

Challenging tasks instill a sense of success, which is necessary for a fulfilling work experience. Without it, we experience decreased creativity and productivity.

2. Your management is unwilling to discuss your compensation

Of course, it’s critical to feel suitably acknowledged and appreciated for our work and abilities. Pay, bonuses, benefits, and performance-based remuneration are the finest ways for the firm to demonstrate gratitude.

If the return is not commensurate with your efforts and what your colleagues get, it is only natural to look for a more generous employer.

However, that compensation was not the most crucial signal of when it was time to go. While underpaid is infuriating, failing to have meaningful dialogues with a boss raises a red flag even higher.

According to experts, pay discussions should begin with how you can contribute to the company’s goals, followed by proof in the form of your outstanding performance over the last several months and an explanation of why you deserve to earn more.

If the company’s management is unwilling to bargain, this may indicate that you should seek employment elsewhere. Such events erode our sense of self-worth. It demonstrates that the employer does not value the employee, which is far more significant than money.

3. You don’t feel supported by your manager

Poor supervisors have a greater impact on us than any other unfavorable job feature, such as poor connections with coworkers or an unhealthy work environment.

Half of the adults have quit a job due to their management at some time in their lives. Of course, a supervisor might possess various vexing characteristics, but what ultimately motivates us to quit a position?

Managers are the ones that fail to provide their employees with the necessary assistance for their jobs.

As with the previous two indicators, this indicates deeper entrenched conflicts between an employer and an employee. Effective managers encourage their employees to perform better and accomplish more. They must take on a role more than that of inspectors enforcing antiquated disciplinary practices.

If you constantly hear your supervisor lecture you and feel they don’t regard your abilities and experience or treat you with respect and empathy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by NwaNimo1(m): 11:36am On Jul 16, 2022
I no go quit.....

[img]https://giffiles./216/216491.gif[/img]

....I'm over paid self!

34 Likes

Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by sofiscatedmoron: 11:37am On Jul 16, 2022
If it boss slaps or insults u
Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by oluwaseyi0: 11:37am On Jul 16, 2022
For me it's boredom

When I'm bored I move

3 Likes

Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by onlyempress(f): 11:37am On Jul 16, 2022
Issokay ooo... What if na job wey dey pay #1m a month?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by WiszyFraud: 11:37am On Jul 16, 2022
Did you know??

One mistake you should never make is to allow yourself to be recruited by someone to hate another person who hasn’t wronged you.

✌️

37 Likes

Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by ifeajikap(m): 11:37am On Jul 16, 2022
If na by wetin you write the whole Nigeria for don resign

12 Likes

Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by Golden057(m): 11:37am On Jul 16, 2022
What if they're like that when you join the company?

1 Like

Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by Calibrator: 11:38am On Jul 16, 2022
Sapa is a joke to you abi?

Kontinue!

3 Likes

Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by ameh99: 11:38am On Jul 16, 2022
Ok
Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by Cutehector(m): 11:38am On Jul 16, 2022
onlyempress:
you can be looking for better jobs till you quit..simple
Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by sukkot: 11:38am On Jul 16, 2022
hmmm

1 Like

Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by Greenscientist: 11:38am On Jul 16, 2022
Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by bigdammyj: 11:39am On Jul 16, 2022
Reading...
Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by beyondbasicsng: 11:39am On Jul 16, 2022
Work culture and toxic environment
organisations that don't support your personal and professional growth

6 Likes

Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by NTUNWA(m): 11:39am On Jul 16, 2022
Thought they said a bird at hand is worth two in the bush. Please do not quit your job oo till you have an active plan B. Naija economy no dey smile now.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by kayuseful: 11:40am On Jul 16, 2022
onlyempress:
Abi o cool

Some people will just go and copy and paste an article from a country where there are more jobs than workers and try to apply it here

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by 2Ways(m): 11:41am On Jul 16, 2022
In this Nigeria?
Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by kenniefawole(m): 11:42am On Jul 16, 2022
Earning in Naira isn’t worth it , while you are earning in naira channel some part of it to any reliable digital business . In everything you do , try to get a source of income that pays in dollars !
Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by Yemi4luv: 11:43am On Jul 16, 2022
Pls help me out with data 090391-37403 any amount isn't too small God will bless anyone that show me love Amen
Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by PropaneBlog: 11:44am On Jul 16, 2022
I go quit this job go HK
I work for a top popular firm, people feel am earning fine but nah below 100k i dey earn. 5years no increase, no promotion, just a stagnant 28year old graduate

1 Like

Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by Jmichael1(m): 11:45am On Jul 16, 2022
If u no dey achieve anytin for the work...
Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by akbonus: 11:46am On Jul 16, 2022
NwaNimo1:
I no go quit.....

[img]https://giffiles./216/216491.gif[/img]

....I'm over paid self!

very correct, this is exactly what i am going through right now where i worked, it is just as if this article was written for me and to remind me of the speed with which i need to leave. i have never been frustrated in work place in my entire working life i am right now, a lot of us don't want to quit due to fear of the unknown, for example what i am taking home in my present job and my qualification and dedication to the job is 40% compared to my mates in the same field in other companies. anyways thanks for this article my eyes is currently somewhere and as son as it happens by the Grace of God, i will be done with where i am now. God bless the writer, i have printed it out to serve as a reminder to me always.

8 Likes

Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by Jmichael1(m): 11:48am On Jul 16, 2022
onlyempress:

for which country?
Re: 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job by henryasha: 11:52am On Jul 16, 2022
Wait till naija is better

Buy cheap data and other services.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Off And At Work Photos Of Pretty Female Naval Officer / Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? / Osinbajo's Selective Minimum Wage Explained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.