Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,942 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra (21818 Views)

Two Police Officers Caught Smoking Weed While In Uniform / Herdsmen Ambush And Kill Police ASP In Delta State / Gunmen Ambush And Wound Captain Zakari Sani Alongside Other Soldiers In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by ASAPFERG: 3:07pm On Jul 17, 2022
Two officers were killed during an ambush by gunmen in Anambra state, however, war weapons hidden by the suspected criminal elements were recovered by other officers.

Police spokesman in the state, Ikenga Tochukwu disclosed that criminal operatives in the state laid an ambush against a six-man police team and a civilian car tracker who were on a recovery operation.

This came after a Toyota Sienna Space Wagon vehicle was snatched at gun point.

According to Ikenga, the team of six police officers were on the trail of gunmen who had snatched a Toyota Sienna space wagon in Oye-Agu Abagana, before they ran into an ambush.

Another civilian, who was tracking the car alongside the police team, was also killed.

He, however, added that a counter-offensive operation carried out by a joint team of security operatives, on Friday, led to the recovery of weapons and other items from hideouts in Amukabia forest, Achalla in Awka north LGA of Anambra state.

He listed the items recovered to include “a human skull, one locally-made rocket propelled grenade (RPG) launcher, two RPG bombs, one single-barrel shotgun, one Toyota Sienna, one Mercedes Benz 4matic SUV, a huge quantity of drugs, a police beret, and a police belt”.

Four of the police operatives escaped the ambush, while two police operatives and the civilian tracker were captured and killed by the criminals.

Ikenga said;

"The Anambra police Command, Friday, 15/07/2022, _recovered a human skull, one locally made rocket propelled grande RPG launcher, two (RPG) bombs, one single- barrel long gun.

“Others are empty chain of bullet, one Toyota Sienna, one Mercedes Benz Formatic jeep, two cylinders, a huge quantity of hard drugs and other items.

“Also recovered included a police beret and a police belt, in a criminal den at Amukabia, Achalla, Awka south LGA in Anambra state.

“The police operatives, during the counter offensive operation, neutralized some of the armed men and destroyed three of their camps.

“Unfortunately, some of the hoodlums escaped with bullet wounds, having already murdered their captives and set their bodies ablaze.

“The remains of the two murdered police officers and the civilian tracker have been recovered and deposited in a morgue, while police operation is still ongoing in the area to track the fleeing gang members.”

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/7/gunmen-ambush-and-kill-two-police-officers-in-anambra.html

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by God1000(m): 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
Another senseless and needless deaths of uniform men by some cut-throats

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by Totilopussylick(m): 3:10pm On Jul 17, 2022
Enemies of state have resume the killing of Nigeria police men.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by Golan007: 3:20pm On Jul 17, 2022
Obi, call your boys to order.

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by Totilopussylick(m): 3:27pm On Jul 17, 2022
Golan007:
Obi, call your boys to order.

That will be the next Nigerians national anthem after obi becomes the next president of Nigeria tongue undecided

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by OK2NVME: 3:29pm On Jul 17, 2022
Banditra republic

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by OgaDeyVex: 3:35pm On Jul 17, 2022
Nawa o
Re: Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by Arespect10: 3:42pm On Jul 17, 2022
Pandora pigheaded Obi supporters on the beat

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by kingthreat(m): 4:40pm On Jul 17, 2022
Igbos never criticized the killing of Igbo policemen in the South East.
But they openly support Peter Obi and Nnamdi Kanu
Something is wrong somewhere.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by RawBitterTruth(m): 9:45pm On Jul 17, 2022
Buy BTC deals from dark web to resell....... tap in!

Limited!.
Re: Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by Authoreety: 9:46pm On Jul 17, 2022
Wen will all ds stop
Re: Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by SenatePresdo(m): 9:46pm On Jul 17, 2022
A police officer once told me that he would beat me if I don't tell him what I do aside from being a Youth Corp member. (I was on my uniform oh)

He checked my phone over and over, and couldn't find anything.

He even ordered me to unlock my WhatsApp just to be reading my chats with my gf and many others.

What if my girl sent me nude, he would have just been looking at it, what sort of violation of privacy was that?

He was listening to a voice note, and asked me Wether If I killed someone. At that point I got offended, yet still kept my calm.
I told him it was a tragedy status I uploaded that someone replied via voice note, that he heard "kill" does not mean I killed someone.

After wasting my time, he gave me back my phone.

May thunder fire all Nigerian policemen.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by AyesolveNLA: 9:46pm On Jul 17, 2022
ASAPFERG:

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/7/gunmen-ambush-and-kill-two-police-officers-in-anambra.html
I am looking for death and people are dying there. Please locate me
Re: Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by Splitmind: 9:46pm On Jul 17, 2022
Na dem
Re: Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by Jihad48(m): 9:49pm On Jul 17, 2022
Okw
Re: Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 17, 2022
Obituary legacy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:50pm On Jul 17, 2022
IPOD people at work

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by Dubaku543: 9:51pm On Jul 17, 2022
Beautiful!!!!
Re: Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by Gkemz: 9:52pm On Jul 17, 2022
Good radiance. God using the wicked to reward the wicked. Such awaits every corrupt police officer. As for the good ones, may they be protected.

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 17, 2022
Enough of this senseless killings

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by jmoore(m): 9:53pm On Jul 17, 2022
kingthreat:
Igbos never criticized the killing of Igbo policemen in the South East.
But they openly support Peter Obi and Nnamdi Kanu
Something is wrong somewhere.

Descendant of Lai Mohammed. The only thing wrong here is your thinking faculty.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by Warlord12(m): 9:54pm On Jul 17, 2022
Ipob on the beat
Dem don go back to there normal work since election no sure for OBI again grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:55pm On Jul 17, 2022
.... My man Prince.( D Track ). May your soul rest in peace.

I couldn't hold back tears when I saw your wife and kids yesterday morning in your house.

Rest on nwoke oma.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Ambush And Kill Two Police Officers In Anambra by OloYeOfEgbE: 9:56pm On Jul 17, 2022
Sharp.

The Python for Operation Python Dance don tire to dance..

E don run go back forest go rest

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Rapes, Impregnates 14-year-old Girl / 6 Injured, Houses Burnt In Herders-farmers Clash In FCT / Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.