Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,092 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares (24266 Views)

New BRT Seating Arrangement As Lagos Eases Lockdown On Monday (Video) / Despite 800 New BRT Buses, See How Lagos Bus Terminals Look On Monday Morning / Lagos Rolls Out New BRT Buses, Spotted At Lekki-epe Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by ogododo: 9:44am On Jul 18, 2022
Some users of Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) transport in Lagos on Sunday expressed their views over the N100 increase in transportation fare which took effect on July 13.

[/b]They spoke in separate interviews with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos.

NAN reports that Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu had approved the increase of N100 on all routes of the BRT to cover the increase in operational cost, such as diesel and spare parts.

[b]A printer, Mr Saka Lawal, who resides in Ikorodu and works at Fadeyi, said the state government should have listened to the opinion of the people before the final implementation.

Lawal, who is a regular BRT passenger, said that they had been discussing with the government through their WhatsApp platform for more than a month before the final outcome.

He said that the money was much to some people and there was fear that other commercial buses would follow suit and increase their prices.

Lawal urged the government to provide additional buses, especially at Ikorodu, to solve the problem of long queues which make many to get to office late daily.

“We understand that diesel is costly and not available at some filling stations but government should upgrade their standard and reduce queues at various bus-stops of BRT,” he said.

Mr Adewale Johnson, a banker on Lagos Island, said the N100 increment was reasonable.

He, however, said there should be more buses to reduce crowd at the bus stops to the barest minimum.

Miss Toyin Ayilara, who plies Abule-Egba to Oshodi, said the increment would affect her daily budget being a trader.

She also urged the government to get more buses.

Also, a rug seller at Itire, Mr Yekini Sanusi, said he had purchased N600 BRT top-up  on the Cowry card, but ended up boarding other commercial buses after waiting on the queue for three hours.

“We are not satisfied with the increment, it used to be N300 from Ikorodu to CMS or Costain, during the heat of COVID-19 but it was increased to N500 while observing the social distancing.

“After the period, government refused to reduce the fare and increase the numbers in the buses and now they increased fare with N100,” Sanusi said.

He pleaded with the state government to reverse the fare, as the country was facing a lot which was affecting the common people.

A tailor at Tejuosho market who resides at Ojo, Mrs Mary Emeka, pleaded with government to get more buses to ply Ojo-CMS axis.(NAN).

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/commuters-react-to-new-brt-fares-2/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by dnor: 9:48am On Jul 18, 2022
Nothing is constant. Fares are still fairly cheap. Less than a dollar.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by ogododo: 10:29am On Jul 18, 2022
dnor:

How much people dey make per day?

168 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 18, 2022
Agbado

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by Abilistic(m): 10:31am On Jul 18, 2022
smiley
Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by Moh247: 10:32am On Jul 18, 2022
cool

Inflation affects every prices

Thank God Bola Ahmed Tinubu Jagaban created the only Metro Rapid Bus system in Nigeria, atleast the masses won't feel the effects of the global crude oil increase

Anambra people without any meaningful mass transit system would come and wail now, even when PitObi invested their destiny in SABMiller brewery and heros beer

Suddenly the people of Abia State and Enugu State under Ikpeazu Kerosine and Mrs Ugwuanyi are celebrating PDP Victory in Osun because Osun now has a fat dancing man like their state as manager of resources

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by Tobi890: 10:32am On Jul 18, 2022
Please, I don't normally do this, can someone help me with funds, lemme use it to pay palm play, before they will lock my phone,
Here is my account details 2093351638 UBA

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by tochman(m): 10:32am On Jul 18, 2022
Lagos people dey try o. How can they even put more buses on the road when there is no space. The whole place is congested. Here in Abuja, that N500 can take me to work and back on a normal taxi.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by OgaTheTop2: 10:32am On Jul 18, 2022
....and they wan vote APC cheesy

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by Hndrrxxx(m): 10:32am On Jul 18, 2022
I guess it’s just really me, myself and my millions

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by salbis(m): 10:33am On Jul 18, 2022
If BRT no hike their transport fare, how will Tinubu actualize his life long ambition?

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by michlins(m): 10:33am On Jul 18, 2022
#100 increase and you folks are complaining instead of getting your PVC and becoming voting Obidently

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by Ijaya123: 10:33am On Jul 18, 2022
Those complaining should become OBIdient and the price will return to N100. For more jokes, text OBI to 419. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

On a more serious note, nothing surprising here. Inflation is on the increase globally and Nigeria is not an exception. Only that we do not have a government that is proactive and responsive. So sad.

16 Likes

Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by OgaTheTop2: 10:33am On Jul 18, 2022
dnor:
See am.... Agbado, Cassava and garri infrastructure people...our mumu don do!
No to APC.... No more APChit!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 18, 2022
dnor:

Oh really. Get a mirror please.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by Tobi890: 10:34am On Jul 18, 2022
Please, I don't normally do this, can someone help me with funds, lemme use it to pay palm play, before they will lock my phone,
Here is my account details 2093351638 UBA
Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by Jerryhare: 10:34am On Jul 18, 2022
Diesel is now N1,000 you don't want government to gain or must everything be free

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by beautyhd: 10:34am On Jul 18, 2022
Sanwo Olu actually approved the 100 naira increase for BRT, this is not bad based on the price of diesel.

This is fair enough.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by Rilwayne001: 10:34am On Jul 18, 2022
Inflation
Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by Seniorwriter(m): 10:34am On Jul 18, 2022
Tinubu and his agbero.... Nonsense ideology..

The bugging question always is what has APC done as a party(I was a party member though slightly active) that gives them the audacious confidence to keep campaigns? In sane climes their campaigns and campaigners will be lynched or attacked by angry citizens anywhere they are seen doing such satanic campaigns.
Get your PVC ready pleeeaaase...
THE LABOUR OF OUR HEROES PAST SHALL NOT BE IN VAIN!....
Pinned emphasis on the word Labour
I'm sure the word is gradually playing a role on the political party called Labour Party

We need vote in all leadership positions young visionary leaders come next year and most importantly vote out both APC & PDP alike come 2023 Presidential Election....let's vote wisely.

Franking:
Meanwhile salaries haven't been increased o. Tinumbu wants to kee Lagos workers. He's milking the state dry.
Pinned.
Onyipk:

How many people earn the "less than a dollar" daily and is transport their only utility bill for the month? It is well.
Please ignore @dnor comment(coincidentally the FTC) ....the Nairalander missed his early morning medications.....

@Seniorwriter

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by kingthreat(m): 10:35am On Jul 18, 2022
Go back to your states and let your state governors provide BRTs and reduce transport fares.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by Franking: 10:35am On Jul 18, 2022
Meanwhile salaries haven't been increased o. Tinumbu wants to kee Lagos workers. He's milking the state dry.

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by Okobola146: 10:36am On Jul 18, 2022
Increasing the transport fares, just because APC lost election in Osun state. Osun no be Lagos jo

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by Onyipk: 10:37am On Jul 18, 2022
dnor:

How many people earn the "less than a dollar" daily and is transport their only utility bill for the month? It is well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by fasho01(m): 10:38am On Jul 18, 2022
Further choke the choking masses.. What a strategy
Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by Abduletudaye(m): 10:38am On Jul 18, 2022
frankly speaking, I feel these new BRT system is failing. The bus fare are either highly priced or they do not show up at all. If this is an option for transport for Lagosians and it is taken seriously by those who brought it in, it will boom naturally.

In a case whereby there are no buses and the only bright idea is the put a hike on price, then I perceive a very high dissatisfaction.

For instance, I have once been on a queue waiting for the bus for one hour when other regular commercial buses were picking up passengers, though over-priced, people were getting picked and taken to their locations. I boarded this commercial bus after waiting so long only for rain to beat the living day light out of me while inside the same bus.

The BRT is supposed to bring convenience and ease but the way things are going, I am very afraid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by yungz: 10:38am On Jul 18, 2022
Re: Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares by Elidrisy20: 10:39am On Jul 18, 2022
Why not use electric scooter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Your Most Embarrassing Moment At The US Embassy, Abuja/Lagos / Students Survive Ghastly Motor Accident While Going Home For The Weekend. Photos / Bus Crushes Infant To Death In Benue Over N150 Change (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.