Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,809 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead (66332 Views)

Veteran Nollywood Actress, Sola Onayiga, Aka ‘kitchen Practical’ Is Dead / Veteran Nollywood Actress, Sola Onayiga, Aka ‘kitchen Practical’ Is Dead / Wizkid And His Son, Boluwatife Balogun On Stage: Sola Ogudu Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by EdemIboro: 11:50am On Jul 18, 2022
Veteran Actress Sola Onayiga (Kitchen Practical) is dead

The late actress was best known for her role as Ireti, in the iconic TV series, ‘Fuji House of Commotion’, where she ‘tortured’ her family with her overbearing cooking skills.

According to information, she was admitted to the ICU unit at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital two weeks ago.

Announcing on his Facebook page, film critic Shaibu Husseini wrote, “I have just been informed that the accomplished Stage and Screen Actress and Fellow of Theatre Arts Auntie Sola Awojobi Onayiga ‘has’ passed on.

“Auntie Sola, who is best known for living the role of Ireti aka Catering practical in the defunct television sitcom ‘Fuji House of Commotion delightfully’, Reportedly passed on this morning. Journey well, Ma! Journey Well!”

Background
The late Onayiga was the Social Democratic Party (SDP) candidate in 2015 for the Lagos State House of Assembly Ikorodu Constituency 1.

An accomplished actress, she worked with the Federal Capital Development Authority, FCDA, after her secondary education.

“I was employed as an interviewer; that is, I interviewed those who went around the country to sample opinions about the suitability of Abuja as the Federal Capital Territory. This was around 1976 and 1977. I was posted to Dodan Barracks to interview the soldiers,” she said in a 2016 interview.

She attended the National Institute of Internal Auditors for two years before dropping out to study theatre arts at the University of Ife (OAU).

She started as an amateur actress. Her first professional job was participating in The King Must Dance Naked by Fred Agbeyegbe.

She played Queen Odosun, one of the principal roles and was paid what she described as a professional fee. After the role, most people started calling her Queen Osun.

Aside from Fuji House of Commotion, the talented actress acted in Checkmate and several Nollywood movies.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/nollywood/543391-veteran-actress-sola-onayiga-kitchen-practical-is-dead.html

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by Romanoff(f): 11:57am On Jul 18, 2022
Ah. Ireti of Fuji house of commotion.

214 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by lonecatt(m): 11:58am On Jul 18, 2022
This life self
Rest on ma

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by sweetval: 12:04pm On Jul 18, 2022
Two Nollywood actresses dead just today. God strengthen their families

133 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by Laggafin: 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2022
What a black day for Nollywood.. Rip mama Fuji house

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by Karemarealty288(m): 12:39pm On Jul 18, 2022
Haba....another one.

1 Like

Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by eleko1: 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2022
sad from Amah to this sad

Father,have mercy oh Lord!

We all go pay the price.
To u Evil ones,kidnappers,organs harvesters,thieves,Prostitutes,scammers,babies factory etc,REPENT and CHANGE.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by Amotekun777: 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2022
R.i.p
Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by Ihavethingstodo: 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2022
I am yet to recover from Ada Ameh's, another one is here!!

What is happening o!

Rest In Peace!

6 Likes

Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by KIDfurniture(m): 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2022
cry
Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by LegendHero(m): 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2022
Nawa o.

Two already reported today.

RIP to both of them.

1 Like

Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by Ebios(m): 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2022
Ada just left.
This one just followed.
My dear reader and l are left, waiting for either rapture to take us or we fall asleep like them. Oh life! Nothing is in this life oh.
Well, they said the fall of a dead leaf from a tree is a WARNING to the green ones.
My dear, the RIP people type doesn't guarantee that a dead person's soul is resting in peace. God doesn't answer prayers made for the dead.
We the living still have the opportunity to repent oh. RIP for a dead person should mean "Repentance Is Past".

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by Rehak: 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2022
Two deaths in one day? Nawa
Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by Haahabi: 1:08pm On Jul 18, 2022
May her soul rip

4 Likes

Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by Libertydata(m): 1:08pm On Jul 18, 2022
RIP
Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by NaijaCover(m): 1:08pm On Jul 18, 2022
Death News Here And There

#
Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by tillaman(m): 1:08pm On Jul 18, 2022
shocked
Madam Ireti
Fuji house of commotion days
Damn I dey gbadun this woman those days with her practical kitchen levels always cooking crap for chief
I hope you find rest ma’am
God bless your family

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by AFvckingAlpha(m): 1:08pm On Jul 18, 2022
Nah she dey count her teeth for Fuji house of commotion that year. She and mummy peace fit fight die. All these kids no fit relate.

RIP Ma!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by Sonedu: 1:09pm On Jul 18, 2022
Fuji house of commotion

1 Like

Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by Rebuke: 1:09pm On Jul 18, 2022
Why all the death news in Nollywood? It's just becoming too much abeg.

May she rest in peace and may God protect the living and give us sound health to enjoy the life He has blessed us with.

1 Like

Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by Richy4(m): 1:09pm On Jul 18, 2022
cry cry cry cry
This woman that puts smiles on my face on Fuji house...I still remembered her Money for scan episode sad

5 Likes

Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by WarriAproko: 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2022
EMU is dead. AKA Madam Bazuka. Now this
Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by phemmyfour: 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2022
Romanoff:
Ah. Ireti of Fuji house of commotion.
Yea...Ireti of checkmate and later Fuji house of commotion

"Catering practical" not "Kitchen practical"

10 Likes

Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by Sucolee(m): 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2022
Heal the world
Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by temmie24(f): 1:11pm On Jul 18, 2022
This is sad.
May her soul and that of Ada Ameh rest in peace.

3 Likes

Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by Starz825(m): 1:11pm On Jul 18, 2022
Rest on ma'am...
You and ada don try
May God give your respective families the fortitude to cope with this news

1 Like

Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by Nmezor(f): 1:11pm On Jul 18, 2022
May her soul rest on
Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by iCauseTrouble: 1:11pm On Jul 18, 2022
angry
Re: Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead by DropsMic(m): 1:11pm On Jul 18, 2022
Ireti of Fuji house of commotion... RIP ma

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide / Patience Ozokwor, Chacaha Ekeh At 'dare To Dream Talent Hunt Show' (pics) / Eid-El-Fitr: Toyin Lawani Recreates Nun Outfit In Hijab-Themed Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.