Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,555 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? (2295 Views)

Man Spotted Fixing A Faulty Cab In Motion In Lagos: Video / Port Harcourt Mall Flood: Fixing A Car That Drove Through The Water / Please Help With Fixing This ECU Codes (2) (3) (4)

Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? by ebuka1997: 7:44pm On Jul 19, 2022
I recently got my drivers license and learnt how to drive. I went to buy fuel but unfortunately mistook the turn and scratched the side. How much will this cost in Abuja please? Thanks

Re: Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? by nwaozzugwor: 8:09pm On Jul 19, 2022
Re: Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? by ebuka1997: 8:38pm On Jul 19, 2022
nwaozzugwor:

Thanks, I was afraid it will be more.
Re: Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2022
10k to 15k depending on who is doing it.

Re: Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 19, 2022
Wahala to who buy car say he won cruise town with chicks.

Re: Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? by kingreign(m): 9:19am On Jul 20, 2022
Kelvin30286063:
10k to 15k depending on who is doing it.
That fix may take no more than 30k for a shoddily quick job. But for a quality impeccable job which won’t leave any hints of work done, it may be exceed 45k.

Re: Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:51am On Jul 20, 2022
kingreign:

That fix may take no more than 30k for a shoddily quick job. But for a quality impeccable job which won’t leave any hints of work done, it may be exceed 45k.
You're right but that still depends on who. A roadside Painter can spray it for 5k but every body will see how terrible the job is. grin while a good auto painting shop may do it for 50k. Quality is the difference basically.
Re: Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? by Emilokan1(m): 3:19pm On Jul 20, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

You're right but that still depends on who. A roadside Painter can spray it for 5k but every body will see how terrible the job is. grin while a good auto painting shop may do it for 50k. Quality is the difference basically.
una give the comrade hope ,na una come still deflate am.why una be like dis for dis platform? grin
50k to cover small scratch.how go paint the whole tin sef?

Re: Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? by buygala(m): 8:06pm On Jul 20, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

Some kazeem painters will do an almost perfect job on that dent for 15k or less..and that amount is because of the current inflation..normal normal, na 7k work at most..and the dent occurred in an area where it will be quite easy for a handy painter to blend in the new paint with the rest of the body..

That dent isn't that much of a big deal..as far as the paint on the car car is still the one stated in its color code, and its color code can still be found on the vehicle, nicely repainting that dent is a piece of cake for a kazeem who can interpret color codes..Worst case, he will loose the car's fuel tank cover and take it to the paint mixing shop, where the correct paint as seen on that tank cover will be mixed for him smiley

0P, ignore anyone quoting 30, 40, 50k for that dent fix....how much e go come be to paint the whole motor biko? grin

Ask around your area for kazeems that work on accidented Tokunbo vehicles....Those guys will shock you with the quality of work they will do on that dent at an affordable price.

Re: Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? by ebuka1997: 11:23am On Jul 22, 2022
buygala:

Some kazeem painters will do an almost perfect job on that dent for 15k or less..and that amount is because of the current inflation..normal normal, na 7k work at most..and the dent occurred in an area where it will be quite easy for a handy painter to blend in the new paint with the rest of the body..

That dent isn't that much of a big deal..as far as the paint on the car car is still the one stated in its color code, and its color code can still be found on the vehicle, nicely repainting that dent is a piece of cake for a kazeem who can interpret color codes..Worst case, he will loose the car's fuel tank cover and take it to the paint mixing shop, where the correct paint as seen on that tank cover will be mixed for him smiley

0P, ignore anyone quoting 30, 40, 50k for that dent fix....how much e go come be to paint the whole motor biko? grin

Ask around your area for kazeems that work on accidented Tokunbo vehicles....Those guys will shock you with the quality of work they will do on that dent at an affordable price.

Thanks jare, ending up doing it for 9k and the guy did a perfect work it looks new and blends well

Re: Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? by aieromon(m): 12:37pm On Jul 22, 2022
ebuka1997:

Thanks jare, ending up doing it for 9k and the guy did a perfect work it looks new and blends well

Share picture so we can compare before and after.
Re: Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? by ebuka1997: 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2022
There’s small difference but not too noticeable

Re: Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? by buygala(m): 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2022
ebuka1997:

Looks fine smiley

Enjoy

Re: Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? by WycliffeSMB(m): 11:02pm On May 02, 2023
ebuka1997:

Good evening Bro.
Pls how long did it take to fix the scratch?
Was the job completed in a day?
Re: Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? by RoadMozart(m): 11:07pm On May 02, 2023
WycliffeSMB:

Good evening Bro.
You bashed your own car too?

Re: Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? by RoadMozart(m): 12:52am On May 03, 2023
WycliffeSMB:

Good evening Bro.
My highlander 9 was bashed By a friend who was learning to drive... The passenger side door was bashed and the handle damaged.
Panel beater and painter wanted to run me but as guy man.... Na me later run them street. I fixed and painted the two doors for 13k.

Re: Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? by WycliffeSMB(m): 9:39pm On May 03, 2023
RoadMozart:

My highlander 9 was bashed By a friend who was learning to drive... The passenger side door was bashed and the handle damaged.
Panel beater and painter wanted to run me but as guy man.... Na me later run them street. I fixed and painted the two doors for 13k.
You mean you did the job yourself?
Re: Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? by WycliffeSMB(m): 9:40pm On May 03, 2023
RoadMozart:

You bashed your own car too?

Lol ... I didn't bash. It's just a little scratch
Re: Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? by RoadMozart(m): 8:07pm On May 04, 2023
WycliffeSMB:

You mean you did the job yourself?
No, but I got all the materials they claimed they wanted to buy by myself. I only paid for their workmanship
Re: Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? by WycliffeSMB(m): 9:06pm On May 04, 2023
RoadMozart:

No, but I got all the materials they claimed they wanted to buy by myself. I only paid for their workmanship
Okay.
How will I know the materials to buy?

And is the 13k including the materials you bought or just workmanship?
Re: Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? by RoadMozart(m): 11:52am On May 05, 2023
WycliffeSMB:

Okay.
How will I know the materials to buy?

And is the 13k including the materials you bought or just workmanship?
I went to buy the paint and I paid for their workmanship
Everything was 13k
Re: Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? by ebuka1997: 12:14am On May 09, 2023
WycliffeSMB:

Good evening Bro.

Yes it was completed in a day, it’s doesn’t take too long. The price may have risen now but at most 15k
Re: Cost Of Fixing This Scratch? by WycliffeSMB(m): 8:07pm On May 09, 2023
ebuka1997:

Yes it was completed in a day, it’s doesn’t take too long. The price may have risen now but at most 15k
Alright bro, thanks

Taxify And Alakowe Taxi Partners In And Drivers In Ibadan Lets Connect. / Rough Terrain Roads. / Car As Collateral For Loan