Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,910 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? (2132 Views)

What Did Paul Mean When He Referred To The "Lawless One" Also As "Man Of Sin"? / Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As Morning Star? / Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:05am On Jul 21, 2022
Why are both Jesus and Satan referred to as the morning star?

Find out what the Bible says here: https://www.gotquestions.org/morning-star.html #morningstar #GotQuestions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by tctrills: 7:43am On Jul 21, 2022
Don't expect to see many people on your post, the average Nairaland Christian knows only what his church told him.
Also, the answer is not in the bible.
Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:40pm On Jul 21, 2022
Following! smiley
Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by Kobojunkie: 4:49pm On Jul 21, 2022

Find out what the Bible says here: https://www.gotquestions.org/morning-star.html #morningstar #GotQuestions
I am afraid that article is what you call bullsheet born of the doctrines of men. undecided

As for the question, in all of scripture, Jesus Christ is the only one who is the morning star. Every other reference made was of men who thought themselves of great glory only to be felled by God Himself. undecided
Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by infini771: 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2022
Satan is the impersonator
Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by advocatejare(m): 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low! (Isaiah 14:12).

“I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star” (Revelation 22:16).

So we have the prophetic word made more sure, to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts (2 Peter 1:19).

Two stars, one still shining, one fallen: This is the picture of Jesus versus Satan. Satan was a star, but his light has been extinguished. Jesus is the star. Although he was killed, he rose again and resumed his place in the heavens. His light was extinguished for a short season, but ultimately could not be put out.

-https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.christianity.com/wiki/jesus-christ/jesus-and-satan-referred-to-as-the-morning-star.html%3famp=1?espv=1

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by Kobojunkie: 7:50pm On Jul 21, 2022
advocatejare:

How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low! (Isaiah 14:12).
In Isaiah 14 vs 4, you are instead told that the one who fell was the King of Babylon. Why do you not believe God? Why do you rather subscribe to the twists born of the tongues of men? undecided

All stars shine... this is their nature though some brighter than others. There is, however, only one-morning star. That's what scripture instead tells you. undecided
Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by advocatejare(m): 7:50pm On Jul 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
In Isaiah 14 vs 4, you are instead told that the one who fell was the King of Babylon. Why do you not believe God? Why do you rather subscribe to the twists born of the tongues of men? undecided

All stars shine... this is their nature though some brighter than others. There is however, only one-morning star. That's what scripture instead tells you. undecided
Ok
Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by Janosky: 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid that article is what you call bullsheet born of the doctrines of men. undecided

As for the question, in all of scripture, Jesus Christ is the only one who is the morning star. Every other reference made was of men who thought themselves of great glory only to be felled by God Himself. undecided
Isaiah 14:12, did King Nebuchadnezzar fall from heaven?
Do flesh and blood dwell in heaven?

Isaiah 14: 4,12 does refer to the king of Babylon.
It does speaks of the king of Babylon as well as Satan.
Why?
In the context of Isaiah 14:12, Satan fell from the Sky,( fallen from a lofty position of Favour ,so to say) in God's heavenly prescence to one of dishonour and disgrace, Revelation 12:7-9 out of heaven.
Recall the expression "fallen angels", Isaiah 14:12 is fitting for Satan.

Shalom.
Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:40pm On Jul 21, 2022
Janosky:

Isaiah 14:12, did King Nebuchadnezzar fall from heaven?
Do flesh and blood dwell in heaven?

Isaiah 14:12 does NOT refer to the king of Babylon.
But Isaiah 14:4 does speaks of the king of Babylon.
Please don't TEACH them!
OLAADEGBU, Emusan, Johnw47 only does three things on this forum, it's whether telling Deeperlife News, Stylishly asking questions regarding what Kumuyi don't know or attacking Jehovah's Witnesses. You can't see him use any of the accounts to chat with people about faith apart from those three things.

That's why i reserve my comment let them find out the answer to the two questions! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by Janosky: 9:43pm On Jul 21, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

"I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ t the only begotten Son of God born of the Father BEFORE ALL AGES" ,! (that is Jesus is a creature before Creation

In the screenshot (pls Read the blue coloured portion ).
Please OPEN your eyes to the reality of the holy Scriptures.
3 deities worshippers & your Trinity mentors are aware Jesus Christ is a creature as much as Satan is a creature.
The same reason your Bible called both of them "Morning Stars."
Job 38:4-7 the Morning Stars shouted in applause , to rejoice for the creation of man they were present to observe..

Jesus Christ and Satan the rebellious angel are Creatures-"Morning Stars" .
Reject Carm GIBBERISH

But your Trinity mentors -Emperor Constantine & his Crew brought in another CLAUSE "Not created" to their delusion to undermine the holy Scriptures.

1 Share

Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by Steep: 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2022
The difference is, Jesus is the bright and morning star but Satan is just morning star.
Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Jul 21, 2022
4 At that time you will begin to sing this song about the king of Babylon:

The king was cruel when he ruled us, but now his rule is finished.
5 The Lord breaks the scepter of evil rulers; he takes away their power.
6 In anger, the king of Babylon beat the people. He never stopped beating them. He was an evil ruler who ruled in anger. He never stopped hurting people.
7 But now, the whole country rests and is quiet. Now the people begin to celebrate.
8 You were an evil king, and now you are finished. Even the pine trees are happy. The cedar trees of Lebanon rejoice.They say, “The king chopped us down, but now the king has fallen, and he will never stand again.”
9 The place of death is excited that you are coming. Sheol is waking the spirits of all the leaders of the earth for you. Sheol is making the kings stand up from their thrones to meet you.
10 They will make fun of you, saying, “Now you are as dead as we are. Now you are just like us.”
11 Your pride has been sent down to Sheol. The music from your harps announces the coming of your proud spirit. Maggots will be the bed you lie on, and other worms will cover your body like a blanket.
12 You were like the morning star, but you have fallen from the sky. In the past, all the nations on earth bowed down before you, but now you have been cut down.
13 You always told yourself, “I will go to the skies above. I will put my throne above God’s stars. I will sit on Zaphon, the holy mountain where the gods meet.
14 I will go up to the altar above the tops of the clouds. I will be like God Most High.”
15 But that did not happen. You were brought down to the deep pit—Sheol, the place of death.
16 People will come to look at your dead body. They will think about you and say, “Is this the same man who caused great fear in all the kingdoms on earth,
17 who destroyed cities and turned the land into a desert, who captured people in war and would not let them go home?”
18 The kings of other nations lie buried with honor, each king with his own grave.
19 But you were thrown out of your grave like a branch cut from a tree and thrown away. You are like a dead man who fell in battle, trampled under the feet of other soldiers. Now you look like any other dead man wrapped in burial cloths.
20 Other kings have their own graves, but you will not join them, because you ruined your own country and killed your own people. So your wicked descendants will be stopped.
21 Prepare to kill his children, because their father is guilty. His children will never take control of the land. They will never fill the world with their cities. - Isaiah 14 vs 4 - 21
As clearly indicated in the beginning parts of verse 4, the entire poem which is Isaiah 14 vs 4 - 21 speaks of the King of Babylon who fell from glory by his death. undecided

Actually, a very lovely poem to read. undecided

And at the end of the poem, God goes further to remind the reader of the fact that this message is indeed addressed to Babylon and no others. undecided
22 The Lord All-Powerful said, “I will stand and fight against those people. I will destroy the famous city, Babylon. I will destroy all the people there. I will destroy their children, their grandchildren, and their great-grandchildren.” The Lord himself said this.
23 “I will change Babylon. It will be a place for animals, not people. It will be a swamp. I will use the ‘broom of destruction’ to sweep Babylon away.” The Lord All-Powerful said this. - Isaiah 14 vs 22 - 23
Why folks who claim to believe in God choose instead to believe the delusions of men over the Word of God is beyond me. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Jul 21, 2022
Steep:
The difference is, Jesus is the bright and morning star but Satan is just morning star.
LIes! undecided
Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by Janosky: 9:58pm On Jul 21, 2022
Steep:
ALL Stars,any Star (whether literal or figurative )
is God's creation.

Carm.GIBBERISH mess with your thinking cap.
Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by Janosky: 10:11pm On Jul 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Please don't TEACH them!
OLAADEGBU, Emusan, Johnw47 only does three things on this forum, it's whether telling Deeperlife News, Stylishly asking questions regarding what Kumuyi don't know or attacking Jehovah's Witnesses. You can see him use any of the accounts to chat with people about faith apart from those three things.

That's why i reserve my comment let them find out the answer to the two questions! smiley
grin grin
I have edited my post but still not totally agree with kobojunkie.
Isaiah 14:12 applied to both Nebuchadnezzar and Satan.

Thanks my brother.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by Janosky: 10:14pm On Jul 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
As clearly indicated in the beginning parts of verse 4, the entire poem which is Isaiah 14 vs 4 - 21 speaks of the King of Babylon who fell from glory by his death. undecided

Actually, a very lovely poem to read. undecided

And at the end of the poem, God goes further to remind the reader of the fact that this message is indeed addressed to Babylon and no others. undecided
Why folks who claim to believe in God choose instead to believe the delusions of men over the Word of God is beyond me. undecided
@ Isaiah 14:12 the expression "fallen from the Sky" befits rebellious angels /"fallen angels" as well as Satan who forsook their heavenly assignment in Jude and Genesis 6:4.
Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by Kobojunkie: 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2022
Two similarly styled dirges are also found in the book of Ezekiel, this one addressed to the King of Tyre by the Almighty. undecided

1 The word of the Lord came to me. He said,
2 “Son of man, say to the ruler of Tyre, ‘This is what the Lord God says:

“‘You are very proud! And you say, “I am a god! I sit on the seat of gods in the middle of the seas.” “‘But you are a man and not God! You only think you are a god.
3 You think you are wiser than Daniel and no secret is hidden from you.
4 Through your wisdom and understanding you have gotten riches for yourself. And you put gold and silver in your treasuries.
5 Through your great wisdom and trade, you have made your riches grow. And now you are proud because of those riches.
6 “‘So this is what the Lord God says: Tyre, you thought you were like a god.
7 I will bring strangers to fight against you. They are the most terrible among the nations! They will pull out their swords and use them against the beautiful things your wisdom brought you. They will ruin your glory.
8 They will bring you down to the grave. You will be like a sailor who died at sea.
9 That person will kill you. Will you still say, “I am a god”? No, he will have you in his power! You will see that you are a man, not God!
10 Strangers will treat you like a foreigner[c] and kill you, because I gave the command!’” This is what the Lord God said. - Ezekiel 28 vs 1 - 10
A second poem is found right after the first, also addressed to the King of Tyre, an,d in this you find that God also includes imagery that caused ignorant men to attempt to also insert their delusions into His mouth, against His commandment to them. undecided
11 The word of the Lord came to me. He said,
12 “Son of man, sing this sad song about the king of Tyre. Say to him, ‘This is what the Lord God says:
“‘You were the perfect man— so full of wisdom and perfectly handsome.
13 You were in Eden, the garden of God. You had every precious stone— rubies, topaz, and diamonds, beryls, onyx, and jasper, sapphires, turquoise, and emeralds. And each of these stones was set in gold. You were given this beauty on the day you were created. God made you strong.
14 You were one of the chosen Cherubs who spread your wings over my throne. I put you on the holy mountain of God. You walked among the jewels that sparkled like fire.
15 You were good and honest when I created you, but then you became evil.
16 Your business brought you many riches. But they also put cruelty inside you, and you sinned. So I treated you like something unclean and threw you off the mountain of God. You were one of the chosen Cherubs who spread your wings over my throne. But I forced you to leave the jewels that sparkled like fire.
17 Your beauty made you proud. Your glory ruined your wisdom. So I threw you down to the ground, and now other kings stare at you.
18 You did many wrong things. You were a very crooked merchant. In this way, you made the holy places unclean. So I brought fire from inside you. It burned you! You burned to ashes on the ground. Now everyone can see your shame.
19 “‘All the people in other nations were shocked about what happened to you. What happened to you will make people very afraid. You are finished!’”- Ezekiel 28 vs 11 - 19
God made clear in His messages/dirges who they are each about and meant for. undecided
Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On Jul 21, 2022
infini771:
Satan is the impersonator
Jesus Christ instead said that what Satan only cares about is what the people think are of importance.
22 Peter took Jesus away from the other followers to talk to him alone. He began to criticize him. He said, “God save you from those sufferings, Lord! That will never happen to you!”
23 Then Jesus said to Peter, “Get away from me, Satan! You are not helping me! You don’t care about the same things God does. You care only about things that people think are important. - Matthew 16 vs 22 - 23
So are you certain Satan even impersonates Jesus Christ as your pastors and mogs have instead made you believe? undecided
Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by johnw47: 12:33am On Jul 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Please don't TEACH them!
OLAADEGBU, Emusan, Johnw47 only does three things on this forum, it's whether telling Deeperlife News, Stylishly asking questions regarding what Kumuyi don't know or attacking Jehovah's Witnesses. You can see him use any of the accounts to chat with people about faith apart from those three things.

lost false jw mad max

u r forever fearfully paranoid and the liar, of course

God is Love, your lies and paranoia and hate is fear from your devil, isn't it:

rev 21:8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone; which is the second death.

Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, that is his natural way of speaking, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

false jw, remain tormented by your devil
Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:31am On Jul 22, 2022
johnw47:

lost false jw mad max
u r forever fearfully paranoid and the liar, of course
God is Love, your lies and paranoia and hate is fear from your devil, isn't it:
rev 21:8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone; which is the second death.
Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, that is his natural way of speaking, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
false jw, remain tormented by your devil

OLAADEGBU the LIAR!
I maintained that you're the same person behind those three monikers and you've proved me right when others come to respond to OLAADEGBU'S posts whether to teach him or correct his blunders while johnw47 and Emusan will never say anything only to attack JWs or whoever speak against OLAADEGBU.

So don't think your tantrums makes any sense prove yourself by answering the question if you're not the same person asking! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:55am On Jul 22, 2022
Janosky:

ALL Stars,any Star (whether literal or figurative )
is God's creation.

Carm.GIBBERISH mess with your thinking cap.

Janosky:

grin grin
I have edited my post but still not totally agree with kobojunkie.
Isaiah 14:12 applied to both Nebuchadnezzar and Satan.
Thanks my brother.

The highlighted is a clue but it's a hard pill for them to swallow since their trinity concept will always blur their sight from seeing that Jesus is also part of God's creation despite the fact that the scriptures referred to him as the firstborn of all creations {Colossians 1:15} can anyone be rightly called firstborn if he's not part of those been born? smiley

I just dey pity them as they're starving spiritually {Amos 8:11} but can we help them? NO!
They chose hunger when they refuse to accept the truth brought to them by God's own people so let them continue starving spiritually it's their portion! Isaiah 65:13 13smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by Kobojunkie: 5:29am On Jul 22, 2022
In another reference to the words "morning star" found in John's dream book of Revelations, we again see how it is Jesus Christ and not Satan that owns the handle.

18 “Write this to the angel of the church in Thyatira:

“Here is a message from the Son of God, the one who has eyes that blaze like fire and feet like shining brass.
19 “I know what you do. I know about your love, your faith, your service, and your patience. I know that you are doing more now than you did at first.
20 But I have this against you: You let that woman Jezebel do what she wants. She says that she is a prophet,[e] but she is leading my people away with her teaching. Jezebel leads my people to commit sexual sins and to eat food that is offered to idols.
21 I have given her time to change her heart and turn away from her sin, but she does not want to change.
22 “So I will throw her on a bed of suffering. And all those who commit adultery with her will suffer greatly. I will do this now if they don’t turn away from the things she does.
23 I will also kill her followers. Then all the churches will see that I am the one who knows what people feel and think. And I will repay each of you for what you have done.
24 “But others of you in Thyatira have not followed her teaching. You have not learned the things they call ‘Satan’s deep secrets.’ This is what I say to you: I will not put any other burden on you.
25 Only hold on to the truth you have until I come.
26 “I will give power over the nations to all those who win the victory and continue until the end to do what I want.
27 They will rule the nations with an iron rod. They will break them to pieces like clay pots.[f]
28 They will have the same power I received from my Father, and I will give them the morning star.
29 Everyone who hears this should listen to what the Spirit says to the churches. - Revelations 2 vs 18 - 29
Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by oaroloye(m): 7:57am On Jul 22, 2022
SHALOM!

OLAADEGBU:

FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I LEARN WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS FROM THE BIBLE, NOT FROM WEBSITES.

. ISAIAH 14:1-28.

FOR The LORD will
have Mercy on Jacob,
and will yet choose Israel,
and set them
in their own land:
and the strangers
shall be joined with them,
and they shall cleave to
the House of Jacob.
2. And the people
shall take them,
and bring them to their place:
and the House of Israel
shall possess them
in the land of The LORD
for servants and handmaids:
they shall take them captives,
whose captives they were;
and they shall rule
over their Oppressors.
3. And it shall come to pass
in the Day that The LORD
shall give thee rest
from thy sorrow,
and from thy fear,
and from the hard bondage
wherein thou wast
made to serve,
4. That thou shalt take up
this proverb against
the king of Babylon,
and say,

"HOW HATH
THE OPPRESSOR CEASED!
THE GOLDEN CITY CEASED!"

5. The LORD hath broken
the staff of the Sicked,
and the Sceptre of the Rulers.
6. He who smote the people in wrath
with a continual stroke,
he that ruled the nations in anger,
is persecuted, and none hindereth.
7. The whole Earth is at rest,
and is quiet:
they break forth into singing.
8. Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee,
and the cedars of Lebanon,
saying,

" THOU
ART LAID DOWN,
NO FELLER IS COME UP
AGAINST US."

9. Hell from beneath is moved for thee
to meet thee at thy coming:
It stirreth up the dead for thee,
even all the chief ones of the Earth;
It hath raised up from their thrones
all the kings of the nations.
10. All they shall speak
and say unto thee,

"Art thou also become
weak as we?
Art thou become
like unto us?
11. "Thy pomp is brought
down to the Grave,
and the noise of thy viols:
the worm is spread
under thee,
and the worms cover thee.
12. "How art thou
fallen from Heaven,
O Lucifer, Son of the Morning!
how art thou cut down
to the ground,
which didst weaken
the nations!
13. "For thou hast said
in thine heart,

'I WILL ASCEND
INTO HEAVEN,
I WILL EXALT MY THRONE
ABOVE THE STARS OF GOD:
I WILL SIT ALSO
UPON THE MOUNT
OF THE CONGREGATION,
IN THE SIDES OF THE NORTH:
14. 'I WILL ASCEND
ABOVE THE HEIGHTS
OF THE CLOUDS;
I WILL BE
LIKE THE MOST HIGH.'

15. "Yet thou shalt be
brought down to Hell,
to the sides of the Pit.
16. "They that see thee
shall narrowly
look upon thee,
and consider thee,
saying,

'IS THIS THE MAN
THAT MADE THE EARTH
TO TREMBLE,
THAT DID SHAKE KINGDOMS;
17. 'THAT MADE THE WORLD
AS A WILDERNESS,
AND DESTROYED
THE CITIES THEREOF;
THAT OPENED NOT
THE HOUSE OF HIS PRISONERS?'

18. "All the kings
of the nations,
even all of them,
lie in glory,
every one in his own house.
19. "But thou art
cast out of thy grave
like an abominable branch,
and as the raiment
of those that are slain,
thrust through with a sword,
that go down
to the stones of the Pit;
as a carcase trodden
under feet.
20. "Thou shalt not be
joined with them in burial,
because thou hast
destroyed thy land,
and slain thy people:
the Seed of Evildoers
shall never be renowned.
21. "Prepare slaughter
for his children for
the Iniquity of their Fathers;
that they do not rise,
nor possess the land,
nor fill the face of the World
with cities.
22. "For I will rise up against them,"

Saith The LORD of Hosts,

"and cut off from Babylon
the Name, and Remnant, and Son,
and nephew,"

Saith The LORD.

23. "I will also make it
a possession for the bittern,
and pools of water:
and I will sweep it
with the Besom of Destruction,"

Saith The LORD of Hosts.
24. The LORD of Hosts hath sworn,
Saying,

"SURELY AS I HAVE THOUGHT,
SO SHALL IT COME TO PASS;
AND AS I HAVE PURPOSED,
SO SHALL IT STAND:
25. "THAT I WILL BREAK
THE ASSYRIAN
IN MY LAND,
AND UPON MY MOUNTAINS
TREAD HIM UNDER FOOT:
THEN SHALL HIS YOKE
DEPART FROM OFF THEM,
AND HIS BURDEN DEPART
FROM OFF
THEIR SHOULDERS."

26. This is The Purpose
that is purposed upon
the whole Earth:
and this is The Hand
that is stretched out
upon all the nations.
27. For The LORD of Hosts
hath purposed,
and who shall disannul it?
And his hand is stretched out,
and who shall turn it back?"

28. In the year that king Ahaz died
was this burden.

THE INSANE OYINBO COLONIAL IMPERIALISTS CLAIM THAT SATAN IS THE "LUCIFER" MENTIONED ONLY ONE TIME, IN ONLY ONE VERSE, BY ONLY ONE PROPHET.

. JOB 38:4-7.

4. "Where wast thou when I laid
The Foundations of the Earth?
Declare, if thou hast Understanding.
5. "Who hath laid
the Measures thereof,
if thou knowest?
Or Who hath stretched the line
upon It?
6. "Whereupon are
The Foundations thereof fastened?
Or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7. "When the Morning Stars
sang together,
and all The Sons of God
shouted for joy?"

. ECCLESIASTICUS 50:1-11.

SIMON The High Priest,
the son of Onias,
who in his life
repaired the house again,
and in his days fortified The Temple:
2. And by him was built
from the Foundation
the double height,
the high fortress of the wall
about The Temple:
3. In his days the cistern
to receive water,
being in compass as the sea,
was covered with plates of brass:
4. He took care of The Temple
that it should not fall,
and fortified the city
against besieging:
5. How was he honoured
in the midst of the people
in his coming out of The Sanctuary!
6. He was as the Morning Star
in the midst of a cloud,
and as the Moon at the full:
7. As the Sun shining
upon The Temple of The Most High,
and as the Rainbow
giving light in the bright clouds:
8. And as the flower of roses
in the spring of the year,
as lilies by the rivers of waters,
and as the branches
of the frankincense tree
in the time of summer:
9. As fire and incense in the censer,
and as a vessel of beaten gold set
with all manner of precious stones:
10. And as a fair olive tree
budding forth fruit,
and as a cypress tree
which groweth up to the clouds.
11.When he put on
The Robe of Honour,
and was clothed with
The Perfection of Glory,
when he went up to The Holy Altar,
he made The Garment of Holiness
honourable.

. REVELATION 2:18-29.

18. "And unto the Angel
of the Church in Thyatira write;

'These things
Saith The Son of God,
who hath his eyes
like unto a flame of fire,
and his feet are like fine brass;
19. 'I know thy Works,
and Charity,
and Service,
and Faith,
and thy Patience,
and thy Works;
and the Last to be
more than the First.
20. 'Notwithstanding
I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest
that woman Jezebel,
which calleth herself a Prophetess,
to teach and to seduce my Servants
to commit Fornication,
and to eat things
sacrificed unto Idols.
21. 'And I gave her space
to repent of her Fornication;
and she repented not.
22. 'Behold, I will cast her into a Bed,
and them that commit adultery
with her into Great Tribulation,
except they repent of their deeds.
23. And I will kill her Children
with Death;
and all the Churches shall know
that I am he
which searcheth the reins and hearts:
and I will give unto every one of you
according to your Works.
24. 'But unto you I Say,
and unto the rest in Thyatira,

"AS MANY AS HAVE NOT
THIS DOCTRINE,
AND WHICH HAVE NOT KNOWN
THE DEPTHS OF SATAN,
AS THEY SPEAK;
I WILL PUT UPON YOU
NONE OTHER BURDEN.
25. 'BUT THAT WHICH
YE HAVE ALREADY
HOLD FAST TILL I COME."

26. 'And he that overcometh,
and keepeth my Works
unto The End,
to him will I give power
over the nations:
27. 'And he shall rule them
with a rod of iron;
as the vessels of a potter
shall they be broken to shivers:
even as I received of my Father.
28. 'And I will give him
The Morning Star.'

29. "He that hath an ear,
let him hear what The Spirit
Saith unto The Churches."

color=silver].[/color] REVELATION 22:7-16.

7. "Behold, I come quickly:
Blessed is he that keepeth
the Sayings of the Prophecy
of this Book."

8. And I John saw these things,
and heard (them).
And when I had heard and seen,
I fell down to worship
before the feet of The Angel
which shewed me these things.
9. Then Saith he unto me,

"See (thou do it) not:
for I am thy fellowservant,
and of thy Brethren The Prophets,
and of them which keep
The Sayings of This Book:
worship God."

10. And he saith unto me,

"Seal not The Sayings
of The Prophecy of This Book:
for the Time is at hand.
11. "He that is UNJUST,
let him be Unjust still:
and he which is FILTHY,
let him be Filthy still:
and he that is RIGHTEOUS,
let him be Righteous still:
and he that is HOLY,
let him be Holy still.
12. "And, behold,
I come quickly;
and my Reward is with me,
to give every man According
as his Work shall be.
13. "I am Alpha and Omega,
The Beginning and The End,
The First and The Last.
14. "Blessed are they
that do his Commandments,
that they may have right
to The Tree of Life,
and may enter in
through The Gates
into The City.
15. "For without are dogs,
and sorcerers, and whoremongers,
and murderers, and idolaters,
and whosoever loveth
and maketh a lie.
16. "I Jesus have sent mine Angel
to testify unto you these things
in The Churches.
I am The Root
and The Offspring of David,
and The Bright and Morning Star."

THERE IS NO PLACE IN THE BIBLE, NOR THE APOCRYPHA, NOR THE PSEUDIGRAPHA THAT SAYS THAT SATAN, THE DEVIL, IS THE LUCIFER, KING OF BABYLON ISAIAH MENTIONS ONLY ONCE.[/i]

THE MORNING STAR, which we now know as the Planet VENUS, shines so brightly, that it can even be seen after daybreak, when all the stars are no longer seen, and only becomes invisible, when the Sun is fully shining.

Since in The Bible Darkness is a metaphor for Evil and Ignorance, and Light is the metaphor for Good and Knowledge, King NEBUCHADNEZZAR, the wicked king of BABYLON, surely considered himself a bringer of better Civilization to the nations he conquered in building his empire.

He even went so far as to declare himself superior to all gods-even The Most High God.

. DANIEL 3:1-30.

NEBUCHADNEZZAR the king
made an image of gold,
whose height was
threescore cubits,
and the breadth
thereof six cubits:
he set it up
in the plain of Dura,
in the Province of Babylon.
2. Then Nebuchadnezzar the king
sent to gather together
the Princes,
the Governors, and the Captains,
the Judges,
the Treasurers,
the Counsellors, the Sheriffs,
and all the rulers of the Provinces,
to come to the dedication of the image
which Nebuchadnezzar the king
had set up.
3. Then the Princes, the Governors,
and Captains, the Judges,
the Treasurers, the Counsellors,
the Sheriffs,
and all the rulers of the Provinces,
were gathered together
unto the dedication of the image
that Nebuchadnezzar
the king had set up;
and they stood before the image
that Nebuchadnezzar had set up.
4. Then an herald cried aloud,

"To you it is commanded,
O people, nations, and languages,

[i]5. 'THAT AT WHAT TIME
YE HEAR
THE SOUND OF THE CORONET,
FLUTE, HARP, SACKBUT, PSALTERY,
DULCIMER,
AND ALL KINDS OF MUSICK,
YE FALL DOWN AND WIRSHIP
THE GOLDEN IMAGE THAT NEBUCHADNEZZAR THE KING
HATH SET UP:
6. 'AND WHOSO
FALLETH NOT DOWN
AND WORSHIPPETH SHALL THE SAME HOUR BE CAST INTO THE MIDST OF A BURNING FIERY FURNACE.' "

7. Therefore at that time,
when all the people
heard the sound
of the cornet, flute,
harp, sackbut, psaltery,
and all kinds of musick,
all the people, the nations,
and the languages,
fell down and worshipped
the golden image
that Nebuchadnezzar the king
had set up.
8. Wherefore at that time
certain Chaldeans came near,
and accused the Jews.
9. They spake and said
to the king Nebuchadnezzar,

"O king, live for ever.
10. "Thou, O king,
hast made a decree,

'THAT EVERY MAN
THAT SHALL HEAR THE SOUND
OF THE CORONET, FLUTE, HARP, SACKBUT,
PSALTERY AND DULCIMER,
AND ALL KINDS OF MUSICK,
SHALL FALL DOWN AND WORSHIP
THE GOLDEN IMAGE:
11. 'AND WHOSO FALLETH NOT DOWN
AND WORSHIPPETH,
THAT HE SHOULD BE CAST INTO
THE MIDST OF A BURNING FIERY FURNACE.'

12. "There are certain Jews
whom thou hast set over
the affairs of the Province of Babylon,
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego;
these men, O king,
have not regarded thee:
they serve not thy gods,
nor worship the golden image
which thou hast set up."

13. Then Nebuchadnezzar
in his rage and fury commanded
to bring Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
Then they brought these men
before the king.
14. Nebuchadnezzar spake
and said unto them,

"Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego,
do not ye serve my gods,
which I have set up?
15. "Now if ye be ready
that at what time ye hear
the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer,
and all kinds of musick,
ye fall down and worship the image
which I have made; well:
but if ye worship not,
ye shall be cast the same hour
into the midst of
a burning fiery furnace;
and Who is that God
That shall deliver you
out of my hands?"

16. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego,
answered and said to the king,

"O Nebuchadnezzar,
we are not careful to answer thee
in this matter.
17. "If it be so,
our God Whom we serve is able
to deliver us from
the burning fiery furnace,
and He will deliver us
out of thine hand,
O king.
18. "But if not,
be it known unto thee, O king,
that we will not serve thy gods,
which thou hast set up."

19. Then was Nebuchadnezzar
full of fury,
and the form of his visage
was changed
against Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: therefore he spake,
and commanded that they should
heat the furnace
one seven times more
than it was wont to be heated.
20. And he commanded
the most mighty men
that were in his army to bind
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego,
and to cast them into
the burning fiery furnace.
21. Then these men
were bound in their coats,
their hosen, and their hats,
and their other garments,
and were cast into the midst
of the burning fiery furnace.
22. Therefore because
the king's commandment was urgent,
and the furnace exceeding hot,
the flame of the fire
slew those men that took up
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
23. And these three men,
fell down bound into the midst
of the burning fiery furnace.
24. Then Nebuchadnezzar the king
was astonied, and rose up in haste,
and spake, and said unto his counsellors,

"Did not we cast three men bound
into the midst of the fire?"

They answered and said unto the king,

"True, O king."

25. He answered and said,

"Lo, I see four men loose,
walking in the midst of the fire,
and they have no hurt;
and the form of the fourth
is like The Son of God."

26. Then Nebuchadnezzar came near
to the mouth of the burning fiery furnace,
and spake,
and said,

"Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego,
ye Servants of The Most High God,
come forth,
and come hither."

Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego,
came forth of the midst of the fire.
27. And the princes, governors,
and captains,
and the king's Counsellors,
being gathered together,
saw these men,
upon whose bodies
the fire had no power,
nor was an hair of their head singed,
neither were their coats changed,
nor the smell of fire
had passed on them.
28. Then Nebuchadnezzar spake,
and said,

"Blessed be the God of Shadrach,
Meshach, and Abednego,
Who hath sent His Angel,
and delivered His Servants
that trusted in Him,
and have changed the king's word,
and yielded their bodies,
that they might not
serve nor worship any god,
except their own God.
29. "Therefore I make a decree,

'THAT EVERY PEOPLE,
NATION, AND LANGUAGE,
WHICH SPEAK ANY THING AMISS
AGAINST THE GOD OF SHADRACH,
MESHACH, AND ABEDBEGO,
SHALL BE CUT IN PIECES,
AND THEIR HOUSES
SHALL BE MADE A DUNGHILL:
BECAUSE THERE IS NO OTHER GOD
THAT CAN DELIVER AFTER THIS SORT.' "

30. Then the king promoted
in the Province of Babylon.

HOW DIDN'T YOUR DADDY AND MOMMY TEACH YOU THESE TESTIMONIES OF GOD, IN YOUR CHILDHOOD?

Who is so ignorant that they never heard of MISHAEL, HANANIAH, and AZARIAH, and how they survived the Furnace of THE KING OF BABYLON?

If you knew who THE KING OF BABYLON was, you would not call him SATAN- unless you were a deliberately lying fool!

. DANIEL 6:1-7.

IT pleased Darius
to set over the kingdom
an hundred and twenty princes,
which should be over
the whole kingdom;
2. And over these
three presidents;
of whom Daniel was first:
that the princes
might give accounts
unto them,
and the king should have
no damage.
3. Then this Daniel
was preferred above
the presidents and princes,
because an excellent spirit
was in him;
and the king thought
to set him over
the whole realm.
4. Then the presidents
and princes sought
to find occasion
against Daniel
concerning the kingdom;
but they could find
none occasion nor fault;
forasmuch as he was faithful,
neither was there any error
or fault found in him.
5. Then said these men,

"We shall not find
any occasion against
this Daniel,
except we find it against him
concerning The Law
of his God."

6. Then these presidents
and princes
assembled together
to the king,
and said thus unto him,

"King Darius, live for ever.
7. "All the presidents
of the kingdom,
the governors,
and the princes,
the counsellors,
and the captains,
have consulted together
to establish a royal statute,
and to make a firm decree,
that whosoever shall
ask a petition of any God
or man for thirty days,
save of thee,
O king,
he shall be cast
into the den of lions."

KING DARIUS ALSO EXALTED HIMSELF ABOVE THE GODS: THE PROPHECY OF ISAIAH COULD ALSO BE APPLIED TO HIM.

. MATTHEW 12:22-30.

22. Then was
brought unto him
one possessed
with a Devil,
blind, and dumb:
and he healed him,
insomuch that
the blind and dumb
both spake and saw.
23. And all the people
were amazed,
and said,

"Is not this
The Son of David?"

24. But when
the Pharisees heard it,
they said,

"This fellow doth not
cast out devils,
but by Beelzebub
the Prince of the Devils."

25. And Jesus knew their thoughts,
and Said unto them,

"Every kingdom
divided against itself
is brought to desolation;
and every city or house
divided against itself
shall not stand:
26. "And if Satan
cast out Satan,
he is divided
against himself;
how shall then
his Kingdom stand?
27. "And if I by Beelzebub
cast out Devils,
by whom do your children
cast them out?
therefore they shall be
your judges.
28. "But if I cast out Devils
by the Spirit of God,
then The Kingdom of God
is come unto you.
29. "Or else how can one
enter into
a Strong Man's House,
and spoil his Goods,
except he first
bind the Strong Man?
And then he will
spoil his House.
30. "He that is not with me
is against me;
and he that
gathereth not with me
scattereth abroad.

WHY WERE YOU NOT AFRAID TO SLANDER THE SON OF GOD- WHO CONQUERED SATAN, AND TOOK ALL HIS STUFF?

For us all!
Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by johnw47: 9:35am On Jul 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

OLAADEGBU the LIAR!
I maintained that you're the same person behind those three monikers and you've proved me right when others come to respond to OLAADEGBU'S posts whether to teach him or correct his blunders while johnw47 and Emusan will never say anything only to attack JWs or whoever speak against OLAADEGBU.

So don't think your tantrums makes any sense prove yourself by answering the question if you're not the same person asking! grin

Ecclesiastes 7:6
For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool

lost false jw mad max

you reply to my post and think you are replying to "OLAADEGBU"
seems all you false jw's hear voices

i'm sorry for calling you mad max, it is wrong of me
it should be: "crazy as hell mad max", true isn't it

you this so called intelligence officer is so dum

u r forever confused

u r forever paranoid

and u r forever the liar

1 cor 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints

and u loved to support fraud janosky in his blaspheming:

Mat 12:31 Therefore I say unto you, Every sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men; but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven.

rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

etc etc etc.
Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:20am On Jul 22, 2022
johnw47:

lost false jw mad max

you reply to my post and think you are replying to "OLAADEGBU"
seems all you false jw's hear voices

i'm sorry for calling you mad max, it is wrong of me
it should be: "crazy as hell mad max", true isn't it

you this so called intelligence officer is so dum

u r forever confused

u r forever paranoid

and u r forever the liar

1 cor 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints

and u loved to support fraud janosky in his blaspheming:

Mat 12:31 Therefore I say unto you, Every sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men; but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven.

rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

etc etc etc.

Answer the question! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by johnw47: 10:34am On Jul 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

oh duh lost false jw crazy as hell mad max

see how you have nothing at all
and of course i decide what i post about
i certainly don't take directions from you satan's mob:

Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by tctrills: 11:03am On Jul 22, 2022
According to the scriptures,
Was Satan a morning star? Ans; Yes
Was Jesus Christ a morning star? Ans; Yes
Were they the only morning stars? Ans; No Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Who are the morning stars? Ans; They are sons of God who were exalted in heaven. Satan lost his position when he was cast down.
Note, all men are children of God. Acts 17. 28-29 28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
But not all his Children are morning stars
Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:55am On Jul 22, 2022
johnw47:

oh duh lost false jw crazy as hell mad max

and of course i decide what i post about
i certainly don't take directions from you satan's mob:

So in a nutshell you're empty!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by johnw47: 12:21pm On Jul 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

So in a nutshell you're empty!

lost false jw mad max

like i said
except your father of lies of course:

Re: Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:59pm On Jul 22, 2022
johnw47:

lost false jw mad max
like i said
except your father of lies of course:
Fake Deeperlife pastor!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stations Of The Cross / Buhari's Secret Agenda Revealed By Ex-muslim / Comparison Grid Between Christianity And Islamic Doctrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.