Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,539 members, 7,850,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:51 AM

Christian Group Holds Free Writing Workshop In Lagos - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Christian Group Holds Free Writing Workshop In Lagos (165 Views)

Free Entrepreneurship Workshop In Lagos State / Redeemer's University Holds 13th Matriculation Ceremony (photos) / ASUU NEC Holds Decisive Meeting On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christian Group Holds Free Writing Workshop In Lagos by JesusChristLord: 2:36pm On Jul 21, 2022
Christian group holds free writing workshop in Lagos

Adegbemi Adekanmbi

A faith-based group, Africa Vision Tract House Society(AVTHS) is organizing a one-day writing workshop, as part of its commitment to boost reading and writing culture, across the country.

“This vision, is in line, with the global and national campaign for educational and literary excellence, as highlighted in the United Nations(UN) Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs).”

The group’s Head, Capacity Development and event Co-ordinator, Deacon David Diekedie stated this, in a statement, made available to this writer, on Wednesday.

According to Diekedie, a business coach and author, AVTHS is the missionary arm of Nigeria Christian Graduate Fellowship(NCGF), a religious professional body, committed to medical, educational and vocational programmes in Nigeria and Africa.

He said, over 500 budding writers and students are expected at the programmes, which will feature high-profile resources.

The list includes Hon Justice Ita Mbaba a respected jurist, a church elder, poet, author, and presiding Justice on the Court of Appeal, Kano.

Hon Justice Mbaba's judgements are published in some national and international law reports. He has authored five novels, three collections of poetry, handbooks on marriage, gospel tracts and online posts on Christianity. He is one of the panelists.

“Prof Stella Ekpe, also a panelist, is a senior lecturer in University of Calabar and an erudite scholar. She has served in leadership positions at state and national levels of the Reading Association of Nigeria, an affiliate of the International Literacy Association.”

“Ekpe, a recipient of many awards, has 58 publications to her credit and was the former Head of Department, Department of English Language and Literature, Nnamdi Azikiwe University and Deputy Dean of Graduate School, University of Calabar.”

“Adeze Ojukwu, an award-winning journalist and former lecturer at Department of Mass Communication, Fourah Bay College, University of Sierra Leone, will speak on principles and ethics of media writing.”

“Ojukwu, a Fellow of Hubert H Humphrey Fellowship, a United States(US) sponsored Fulbright Scholarship publisher of www.devcomradar.org, former editor of Sunday Times, Founding Editor of Harvest Africa, a serial newspaper columnist and an advocate of UN SDGs.”

“Pastor Desmond Akuegbe, a graduate of English and Literary Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka(UNN), is a celebrated educationalist and author of several books on English phonics and diction, and publications accessible on Amazon.”

“He is a pastor with Winners' Chapel and, graphics designer and certified trainer on E-Book publishing. His topic is focussed on digital publishing.”

“The event is free but prospective participants should register. All registrants will receive updates and further details.”

“The hybrid programme is billed for Saturday, July 30. People can participate by joining, through the zoom link, while the physical meeting will be held at AVTHS' Ketu office.”

The statement reads:
“The maiden edition of Noble Writers Workshop, is a special teaching program for writers. It is a unique training, excellently packaged, to empower writers, authors, publishers, students, ministers and everyone interested in literary arts.

“This course will equip participants, with top-notch practical techniques, as well as, digital skills that will enable participants to develop the art of writing professionally.
https://twitter.com/OjukwuAdeze/status/1550074000574783489?s=20&t=T3coK_B3PGJqJSdMI8EK5w

https://www.nairaland.com/7239895/christian-group-holds-free-writing#114948029

Re: Christian Group Holds Free Writing Workshop In Lagos by Bukzdwriter: 4:43pm On Jul 21, 2022
Since I started my online writing career in April, I've received a lot of comments from friends who say they want to write but one thing or the other keeps messing things up.

I got it.

That's why I shared this thread on Twitter. Check It Out and thank me later.

https://twitter.com/BukzofWakanda/status/1550130810187001856

(1) (Reply)

How To Infuse The Apple Effect Into Your Product,kill Competition And Sell Out / Why Can't I Make Money As An Affiliate Marketer? / Day 20 Of The 30 Days Ican Study Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.