Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Architecture Vs Chemical Engineering - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Architecture Vs Chemical Engineering (4221 Views)

Chemical Engineering Versus Mechanical Engineering Forum / Architecture Vs Civil Engineering / Should I Major In Petroleum Engineering Or Chemical Engineering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Architecture Vs Chemical Engineering by jude2011: 7:28am On Jul 30, 2011
Pls which of these profession is better in terms of finding a job in nigeria,prestige and very good pay and also a very good career path. Pls i need reply ASAP ajanlekoko ur advise is highly needed
Re: Architecture Vs Chemical Engineering by AjanleKoko: 9:45am On Jul 30, 2011
Why me?
I'm neither an architect nor a chemical engineer. sad

Anyways, i tend to be biased towards architecture, cos there's lots of construction going on in Nigeria right now, and opportunities will only continue to grow as the nation develops its infrastructure. Architecture is more hands-on, so what you should get is experience initially, so you can set up your own practice. Then money will come.

Chemical engineering . . . well, I never liked chemical engineering to be honest. Most people who study chemical engineering want to work in the oil industry. That's rather narrow, especially in Nigeria where we are not industrialized to a large extent. Mind you, just my opinion.
For engineering, I feel the traditional disciplines, civil, mechanical, electrical, are more viable, provides more options, and you probably can still fit into the same niche in the oil industry that chemical engineers are looking to fill.

And, on the prestige and money bit. Prestige is not a function of profession. Except maybe Law.
As Yoruba people say, 'ise ole ni ole nje'. Work hard at your profession, and more than enough prestige and money will come in good time wink
Re: Architecture Vs Chemical Engineering by violent(m): 10:31am On Jul 30, 2011
As Yoruba people say, 'ise ole ni ole nje'

Your next beer is on me!

@Poster:

Are there specific reasons you're currently considering either of them?. . .mapping your motivations and ability to your career objectives count a lot.

if however you'd have to choose between the two, i'd say go for Architecture! Architecture provides a lot of ground for sustainability and self dependency over the longer term. You wouldn't need to find a "job" to survive, you can simply work on joint contracts with people.
Re: Architecture Vs Chemical Engineering by jude2011: 11:12am On Jul 30, 2011
Thanks to you all. Ajanlekoko is no doubt a demi-god and highly intelligent. I must say i always want to know your views on every topic. Anyway thanks to all who replied
Re: Architecture Vs Chemical Engineering by Dharmmieojo(m): 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2011
Gud afternoon @all in regards to the poster's topic i just got admitted to study architecture this year,i enjoy designing but my fear is each elder i tel what i want to would give me a odd look as if i have chosn a filty career,pls i'l like to know if in the future architecture would not be a regretful career, also where n where can the expertize of an architect be needed in our economy.dami
Re: Architecture Vs Chemical Engineering by tushbobo(m): 2:15pm On Jul 27, 2012
Architecture is rewarding in the long term but our society presently focus on instant gratification.Hence professional courses like architecture,Law,Medicine etc are not as hot as they used to.If uve got the flair follow ur heart,get the experience and start ur own firm.U ll have all d time to have a good,free and fulfilling life even before retirement

(1) (Reply)

How To Pass A Pre-employment Personality Test / What Are The Highest Paying Jobs/careers In Nigeria? / The Difference Between An Economist Major And An Economist Political Science Combined

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.