Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,066 members, 7,849,315 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:26 PM

Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? (2477 Views)

Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? / Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! / These Are Toyota Camry Facts You May Not Know – A Peek Into The Unknown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? by Born2conquer: 2:23pm On Jul 26, 2022
dadabashua1:
Sienna no even de in the list at all,cos they make up less than 0.1% of transportation cars in the North,I'm not speaking for the whole Nigeria but as far as na this North way I de,baba no even go there,are you kidding me or something?arguing with me for my domain? Especially northwest NO CAR can compete with Sharon and golf as far as transportation is concern.
you are right. Toyota scarce for north as a normal personal vehicle sef

You will see more of HONDA, GOLF, BMW, VOLKSWAGEN and very few of Toyota.

We use more of Toyota in the south because our mechanics are very LAZY

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? by Sammy101111(m): 12:05am On Jul 27, 2022
xperiencelove:
But at Ojota, Jibowu, Berger and so many other parks in Lagos and other states, over 90% of the hummer and space buses traveling and taking passengers to Taraba, Sokoto, Jos, Maiduguri, Ghana, Ivory Coast, etc everyday are Toyota products (expecially Haice and Sienna).

So "going to Abuja back to Lagos 3 days continuous work with out resting" is not a yardstick for good cars as you have claimed.

Bro how much do you think the toyota hummer bus is been sold and do you know the engine in toypta hummer bus( Toyota.Hiace) is even stronger than toyota venza , muscle ,Sienna
Do your research

(Toyota Hiace)Hummer bus is not ordinary toyota
The bus is made for traveling
It as heavy engine and it is a turbo engine

Toyota Hiace 2008 model cost almost 9million naira
Re: Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? by buygala(m): 6:01am On Jul 27, 2022
dadabashua1:
I'm even saying it has no rival bros..Sharon and golf has monopolise transportation business in the North no cap.

The Sharon and Golf have monopolized interstate travel within the North?

Now please explain to me why the state government of those Northern States buy mostly brand new Toyota Hiace buses for their Government transport companies smiley

As much as I am not a Toyota fan, bros their Hiace buses are beyond comparison with any vehicle presently..same way the Hilux remains unmatched in its vehicle category..

When it comes to extreme long distance travel, like Borno to Lagos, etc, Sharons are hardly patronized due to their lack of passenger space and even boot space, not to talk of their durability to consistently endure the madness that those long-haul journies are...I am yet to see even one Golf or Vectra that does far North to Lagos public transport journies either..

I am a Honda person..but you see that Hiace and the Hilux..Those vehicles are unmatched by anything presently..A beat-up Hiace bus will carry overload from Ijora in Lagos and leave by 5pm and arrive Jos before 8am the next morning..and consistently do that for years on end as long as it's not involved in a serious accident..I know drivers who have been driving one Hilux bus on the Jos-Lagos route for more than 10 years..same engine, same gear for 10 years and still counting..No other vehicle in that class can do that.

Point is..Say whatever nonsense you want about Toyota..but leave the Hiace and Hilux out of it..Those vehicles are unmatched in their class presently and for the foreseeable future..

It's only people who can't afford to buy a Hiace that go for the Sharon or whatever else for public transport (particularly very long-distance transport)..and believe me, they are all frantically saving funds to step up to the Hiace.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? by dadabashua1(m): 6:41am On Jul 27, 2022
buygala:

Now please explain to me why the state government of those Northern States buy mostly brand new Toyota Hiace buses for their Government transport companies smiley

As much as I am not a Toyota fan, bros their Hiace buses are beyond comparison with any vehicle presently..same way the Hilux remains unmatched in its vehicle category..

When it comes to extreme long distance travel, like Borno to Lagos, etc, Sharons are hardly patronized due to their lack of passenger space and even boot space, not to talk of their durability to consistently endure the madness that those long-haul journies are...I am yet to see even one Golf or Vectra that does far North to Lagos public transport journies either..

I am a Honda person..but you see that Hiace and the Hilux..Those vehicles are unmatched by anything presently..A beat-up Hiace bus will carry overload from Ijora in Lagos and leave by 5pm and arrive Jos before 8am the next morning..and consistently do that for years on end as long as it's not involved in a serious accident..I know drivers who have been driving one Hilux bus on the Jos-Lagos route for more than 10 years..same engine, same gear for 10 years and still counting..No other vehicle in that class can do that.

Point is..Say whatever nonsense you want about Toyota..but leave the Hiace and Hilux out of it..Those vehicles are unmatched in their class presently and for the foreseeable future..

It's only people who can't afford to buy a Hiace that go for the Sharon or whatever else for public transport (particularly very long-distance transport)..and believe me, they are all frantically saving funds to step up to the Hiace.

yet to see Sharon and golf that does long distance journey lol,bros all the cars that travels from Sokoto,kebbi and zamfara down to the west are Sharon,those that travels to east are makapolo,you might be speaking for your region I'm speaking for mine,don't argue something you don't know,government own buses here are mainly Nissan buses NOT hiace buses,reasons why I always advice when speaking speak about your location don't generalise it,from you points it's VERY obvious you not familiar with the northwest but if you think I'm lying to you,you can do exactly what I asked him to do also,hiace buses combine makes less than 10% of cars used for transportation here both long and short distances journey Oga grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? by dadabashua1(m): 6:43am On Jul 27, 2022
buygala:

if you what proves, you know how to reach me so I fit settle this matter once and for all bros i no get time for too much grammar,arguing with someone base on his location is VERY funny to me sha. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? by dadabashua1(m): 6:48am On Jul 27, 2022
buygala:

and it's not about Honda vs Toyota no sir far from its,its about an attitude that is VERY common with most Nigerians that I find very funny, and average Nigerian thinks what ever is popular or used in his location that's how it is every where in the country,I tell people Nigeria is like a combination of different countries put together, your location might just be a very tiny part of the country,so when talking it better you be specific,but you see the northwest zone bros Golf and Sharon HAS MONOPOLIZED TRANSPORTATION BUSINESS,I'm not missing my words on that.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? by buygala(m): 6:48am On Jul 27, 2022
dadabashua1:
yet to see Sharon and golf that does long distance journey lol,bros all the cars that travels from Sokoto,kebbi and zamfara down to the west are Sharon,those that travels to east are makapolo,you might be speaking for your region I'm speaking for mine,don't argue something you don't know,government own buses here are mainly Nissan buses NOT hiace buses,reasons why I always advice when speaking speak about your location don't generalise it,from you points it's VERY obvious you not familiar with the northwest but if you think I'm lying to you,you can do exactly what I asked him to do also,hiace buses combine makes less than 10% of cars used for transportation here both long and short distances journey Oga grin

Ijora 7-up in Lagos is the final stop for all North-west public transport drivers..

Go there and tell me how may Sharons you see there..compared to the Hiaces and Marcopolos

Don't sit in your enclave and assume..very few people will want to be jam-packed in that claustrophobic Sharon for an 18 hour journey...That it has almost non-existent cargo space makes it even less suitable for those extreme long-distance journeys..

If you insist on still bringing the Golf into this extreme long-distance transport discussion, then I am sure you are a joker..I never see Golf wey dem dey use for transport from North-West..Maybe you can show us one smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? by dadabashua1(m): 6:50am On Jul 27, 2022
buygala:

Ijora 7-up in Lagos is the final stop for all North-west public transport drivers..

Go there and tell me how may Sharons you see there..compared to the Hiaces and Marcopolos

Don't sit in your enclave and assume..very few people will want to be jam-packed in that claustrophobic Sharon for an 18 hour journey...That it has almost non-existent cargo space makes it even less suitable for those extreme long-distance journeys..
I'm not going to reply you again,your motives is pathetic, thought you came with a good motive self. What brought about this insults,check all my post I never insulted anyone,you guys on this forum acts like kids all the time,I won't be part of it sir. ..lol have a very nice day.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? by buygala(m): 6:54am On Jul 27, 2022
dadabashua1:
if you what proves, you know how to reach me so I fit settle this matter once and for all bros i no get time for too much grammar,arguing with someone base on his location is VERY funny to me sha. cheesy

So much confidence in nonsense..

If your Golfs and Sharons are the kings of the road for North-West to Lagos journeys, kindly tell us where in Lagos they load their passengers ..abi dem no dey reach their destination? smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? by dadabashua1(m): 6:57am On Jul 27, 2022
For the rest of the guys interested in learning new things about new places,I'm heading to this biggest park in sokoto,will make the video and upload it on my YouTube, and will share the link here...thanks. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? by dadabashua1(m): 7:16am On Jul 27, 2022
Video ready link will be sent now you all can watch and see for yourselves..I NO DE CAP NONSENSE undecided undecided
Re: Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? by dadabashua1(m): 7:26am On Jul 27, 2022

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? by dadabashua1(m): 7:32am On Jul 27, 2022
You all should watch and see for yourself, I did the video just now,some of us are too exposed and far travelled both within and outside the nation,we don't come to impress anyone on Nairaland or seek their validation,we just trying to change alot of wrong misconception about Nigeria,I will also do similar video when I'm in kano,kebbi,Zamfara, katsina etc,I know south cos I'm from the south,I know our love for anything toyota over there,its not like that every where,when talking be specific about your location,70% of toyota, benz etc here are also owned by the southerners, the most love toyota products by northerners is the corolla, the most hated is camry big daddy(in my location you hardly see it self,to get to buy na wahala),so every region has its peculiarities, I'm not on Nairaland to make enemies, but friends and also to learn new things,if you not bringing that vibe,count me out,I'm not here for the childishness displayed here...Mbanu..God bless you all guys and do have an awesome day ahead...signing out.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? by Kingdemu: 6:06pm On Jul 27, 2022
Anyone who really knows the North knows that Volkswagen Sharan & Ford Galaxy (for buses), and Volkswagen Golf & Opel Vectra (for cars) are the major vehicles used in inter-state public travels. It is not even contestable.
SOME state government owned travel companies have the Toyota Hiace in their fleet though.

And guys, it is SHARAN not SHARON. Sharon na that girl with the big ar$e that is also a cheerful giver.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? by dadabashua1(m): 6:15pm On Jul 27, 2022
Kingdemu:
Anyone who really knows the North knows that Volkswagen Sharan and Ford Galaxy (for buses) and Volkswagen Golf and Opel Vectra (for cars) are the major vehicles used in inter-state public travels. It is not even contestable.
SOME state government owned travel companies have the Toyota Hiace in their fleet though.

And guys, it is SHARAN not SHARON. Sharon na that girl with the big ar$e that is also a cheerful giver.
true bro it's Sharan but that Sharon de sweet my mouth...I'm a fan of Sharon Stone.. hehehehe that's on a lighter note...the one that shocked me the most is the part that said Sharon and golf don't travel long distance, cos they not strong for that....lmao bro no toyota in my location can do half of the work those machines does,they use them to smuggle all kinds of goods across different borders,travel to other neighbouring west african nations,I doubt if there is ANY car(not trucks) in Nigeria that can withstand what those machines go through and comes out intact....one was even calling Sienna lmao,you won't even see them here,seriously people need to travel out and see alot of things for themselves, and yes you are right it's state government that mostly patronise the hiace buses,but the shocking thing is now Nissan buses has almost replaced them all here,they are gradually fading away,people are growing and exploring new things,other choose to live in the past....its well o.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? by bonnyhope: 2:51am On Jul 28, 2022
sunnymighty:

My Toyota Camry is nearing 300,000 km already.

This is not much

Just about 187,000 miles
Re: Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? by Siberia01(m): 10:23am On Jul 28, 2022
undecided
Why I'm I not seeing Toyota of the 70s

But I still dey see 504s , 505, flatboots, 190s
still running smoothly
Some with air-conditioning

Can somebody explain?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? by valarinz: 10:50am On Jul 28, 2022
dadabashua1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzYiBU2Sd_A

I love this, a proper knockout punch to Nairaland trolls and know-it-all gang

grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? by Spidermon: 12:49pm On Jul 28, 2022
Even in the Southwest, the Ford Galaxy and the Volkswagen Sharan (same vehicle basically) are way more popular than the rest in the mini van (7 seater segment) for public transport....Toyota Picnic is a close 2nd.

I dont know how those drivers manage sha coz' I used a Tokunbo Ford Galaxy for less than a year. I had to drop it as Rewires really bleeped the car up. Dem wan kill me. Lol

1 Like

Re: Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? by dadabashua1(m): 1:11pm On Jul 28, 2022
Spidermon:
Even in the Southwest, the Ford Galaxy and the Volkswagen Sharan (same vehicle basically) are way more popular than the rest in the mini van (7 seater segment) for public transport....Toyota Picnic is a close 2nd.

I dont know how those drivers manage sha coz' I used a Tokunbo Ford Galaxy for less than a year. I had to drop it as Rewires really bleeped the car up. Dem wan kill me. Lol
I might be wrong,but I think both rewires and mechanics in the south has limited themselves to toyota and few car brands,reasons why most of the inhabitants there are left with no choice, that is not same in the North sir, I was wowed by the different brands of cars you see running perfectly fine with very little issues in most northern states,I might be wrong but in summary North has better mechanics, rewires etc,reasons why other brands of cars are also very well enjoyed in the North,in the south they are mostly interested in money that they can be making from car owners,as against the knowledge they will acquire from their profession,in all this no one is denying the ruggedness and realibity of the Toyota brand.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? by Spidermon: 4:28pm On Jul 28, 2022
dadabashua1:
I might be wrong,but I think both rewires and mechanics in the south has limited themselves to toyota and few car brands,reasons why most of the inhabitants there are left with no choice, that is not same in the North sir, I was wowed by the different brands of cars you see running perfectly fine with very little issues in most northern states,I might be wrong but in summary North has better mechanics, rewires etc,reasons why other brands of cars are also very well enjoyed in the North,in the south they are mostly interested in money that they can be making from car owners,as against the knowledge they will acquire from their profession,in all this no one is denying the ruggedness and realibity of the Toyota brand.

Very correct
Re: Why Are Toyota Engines So Reliable? Why Do Toyota Engines Last Longer? by aieromon(m): 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2022
dadabashua1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzYiBU2Sd_A

This man go like vawulence gan. grin grin

I love your receipt. Thanks for schooling the uninformed.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are There Many Registered Honda Baby Boy For Sale / Please Advise On This 2009 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 Sport / US or European Specs? Which Of These 2008-2012 Honda Civic Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.