Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? (12048 Views)

Access Bank Plc Recruitment Stages For 2022 Training / Six(6) Stages Of Career Development For Civil Engineering Graduates In Nigeria / How To Survive The Early Stage Of Your Talent Career - Johnspeak Uwangue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by muykem: 10:40am On Jul 23, 2022
Nothing of value comes easily. That's my motivation.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by drverified(m): 10:41am On Jul 23, 2022
Just love what I do naturally, I connect with more people in the diaspora.

I'm a Data vendor, you can beep me up anything, my services are 24/7, and I'm always swift and available.

WhatsApp or put a call:. 081 30 56 73 31

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by Odogwu2023(m): 10:41am On Jul 23, 2022
Truly,some people are born with determination...I'm also a beginner in FX
tradingknowled1:
My motivation was never to be Poor!! .. it will surprise you to know that some people enjoy been poor .. They don't / won't explore new things .
They will rather remain stagnant and complain than try new things.

but most motivation are inbuilt.. some people are naturally determined

meanwhile
I offer forex trading Guidance and mentorship.. Feel free to PM me if interested
Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by PointZerom: 10:44am On Jul 23, 2022
uptownemmygee:
I don't want to stop any random person on the road side and beg him with English, or call any yeye family member for help.... that's my main motivation

Just imagine your child been admitted in an hospital and the doctor said unless you deposit 100k they won't comence treatment and you no come get shi..shi grin

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 23, 2022
I have been into waste management business for 3 years now. The cost of deisel is driving me out of the business and it forced me to think deeper outside of the box.

Many businesses depend on power or fossil fuel for energy. If I can start a business not dependent on these costly energies, the better.

I went back into beekeeping which is tantamount to oil exploration. We are in a tropical area with evergreen jungles and an endless volume of nectar waiting to be exploited with the help of bees.

With the bees, I just needed to provide them a home, no feeding, no need for power or fossil fuel. I set up my hives and in the same day, one of the hives welcomed a swarm of bees.

This development has motivated me to nurse the idea of ditching waste management for beekeeping entirely.

When I look at our jungles, I don't see tree and shrubs, I see an endless supply of liquid gold (honey).

The early colonization even in a season when they hardly swarm is my motivation that I am moving in the right direction.

In addition, 2 queen bees have in their mating flight entered my house in recent month. This looks like a divine message for me to take beekeeping serious.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 23, 2022
Cajetan4u:

Several factors were my primary motivators in the early stages of my business. The first is to make certain that I am doing something I am enthusiastic about. When things get tough, this helps me stay motivated.

The second goal is to keep learning and growing as a business owner. This assists me in staying ahead of the competition and growing my business. Finally, seeing my company grow and succeed motivates me.

The fear of failure is one of the ultimate motivators in business
Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by meeketta: 10:50am On Jul 23, 2022
I believe that anybody can get to any height he or she wants to get to. but it is NOT by chance or luck.
Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by Legitz: 10:52am On Jul 23, 2022
Been a Nigerian , especially when you come from a family where they can't be of help to you, that's enough to motivate you

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 23, 2022
psychologist:
“There’s nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility is being superior to your former self. “
you quote somebody and you can't even give him credit.
Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by UptownVibes(m): 10:54am On Jul 23, 2022
meeketta:
I believe that anybody can get to any height he or she wants to get to. but it is NOT by chance or luck.
Word my gee. Man gat work for it ..
Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by sekundosekundo: 10:55am On Jul 23, 2022
Cajetan4u:

Several factors were my primary motivators in the early stages of my business. The first is to make certain that I am doing something I am enthusiastic about. When things get tough, this helps me stay motivated.

The second goal is to keep learning and growing as a business owner. This assists me in staying ahead of the competition and growing my business. Finally, seeing my company grow and succeed motivates me.

The best motivation is to test porverty.
I once wrote a note and placed on my door.

"IF I MISS IT NOW I WILL BEG FOREVER".

With this I confront porverty in a combat style.
I told the lies, admit the faults but I never blamed myself for whatsoever I did Wrong. Glory to God is all I can say today.
Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by sekundosekundo: 10:57am On Jul 23, 2022
meeketta:

Can you explain?
Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by RIDOO: 11:18am On Jul 23, 2022
The pains and humiliations l experienced when l was an employee motivated me to start my business and turned the pains l experienced during those times to power and purpose.

I'm also motivated by realizing that all these 7 to 7 resumption and working round the clock without taking into consideration of holidays to cool and refresh the brain na wash n stress. We open for business 9 to 4 and observe most public holidays,go on leave and still get all things done and still make our good profit by working smartly.

Also been able to treat my staff better than how l was treated when l was an employee....and able to yield quickly to the needs of customers.I deal with each customer the way l wanted to be dealth with if l happened to be a customer.This also motivates me.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by Fairview1: 11:21am On Jul 23, 2022
My family!

Not married yet though, but my parents and siblings are the principal reason why I left home @18, two days immediately after my waec exam and dash out in to what has completely changed and revolutionalize the cause of my life and career.

2011, I set out with all the determination in my heart to conquer and break the jinx of poverty in our family.

I first searved 7 years of protracted and excruciating apprenticeship scheme, and later established my first business, now saw three of my immediate younger siblings through the universities. Employs nine(9) staff.

Set up business for mumsy, went back to University, got Bsc degree in business administration, now bought ticket from one of the leading private universities in Nigeria to pursue my MBA. Emerged 2021 most outstanding CEO of my industry.

Dreams do come true. To those who Believe, keep going for your dreams are valid. I turned 29 July 15th and I'm still planning ahead.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by Phabulos: 11:22am On Jul 23, 2022
The money.Have to girls and I just want them get the best education,make things convenient for them especially what they need from my part.And I need money.so I can say my girls are the biggest motivation

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by RichAbujaGuy: 11:25am On Jul 23, 2022
Nice one op. I hope more ppl share their experience. I always liked having money from childhood so I didn't need a special motivator.
Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by judedwriter(m): 11:51am On Jul 23, 2022
tradingknowled1:
My motivation was never to be Poor!! .. it will surprise you to know that some people enjoy been poor .. They don't / won't explore new things .
They will rather remain stagnant and complain than try new things.

but most motivation are inbuilt.. some people are naturally determined

meanwhile
I offer forex trading Guidance and mentorship.. Feel free to PM me if interested

Nobody enjoys poverty... Some people just don't know how to come out.
Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by meeketta: 11:56am On Jul 23, 2022
sekundosekundo:

Can you explain?
anything you want, you MUST engage working.
Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by 15ssDRIVE(m): 11:58am On Jul 23, 2022
Skyfornia:
Poverty: I have experienced being broke and promised myself I'm not going down that road again.

Joblessness; I was jobless for 5 years and believe me, it wasn't a nice experience. The fear of quitting my business and going back to job hunting was scary.

Then finally, I told myself, this is my first offspring and I will never ever let it die.

The bonus was when a lady and her husband walked into my shop the very few months I started my business, due to small issue I had with her husband, she abused me saying my mates are managers in companies and I'm busy doing petty business, she swore my business will not last more than 6 months. I was scared the first year cause I truly had lots of challenges and was at the verge of quitting, but each time I remembered what the woman said, I doubled my efforts grin grin it's 5 years now and waxing strong. The woman is now jobless and her husband looking for a car to do Uber/taxify.

Na that kind people you need to help oh. When you help people who treats you badly,with a good intention 100000000000000000 folds repayment for your and all that’s is you.

No mind any stories,if trials comes after you help, maybe na times 20 trials and ur help will reduce it to just 1.

I no get enemy oh, na you hate me … me I like you.

More grace you and you and Us .

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by Hubeznigeria(m): 11:59am On Jul 23, 2022
The last paragraph is very powerful. It hit my spirit differently. I say to you it will grow, blossom and bring forth many more brethren. Amen
Skyfornia:
Poverty: I have experienced being broke and promised myself I'm not going down that road again.

Joblessness; I was jobless for 5 years and believe me, it wasn't a nice experience. The fear of quitting my business and going back to job hunting was scary.

Then finally, I told myself, this is my first offspring and I will never ever let it die.

The bonus was when a lady and her husband walked into my shop the very few months I started my business, due to small issue I had with her husband, she abused me saying my mates are managers in companies and I'm busy doing petty business, she swore my business will not last more than 6 months. I was scared the first year cause I truly had lots of challenges and was at the verge of quitting, but each time I remembered what the woman said, I doubled my efforts grin grin it's 5 years now and waxing strong. The woman is now jobless and her husband looking for a car to do Uber/taxify.
Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by Laredojohn(m): 11:59am On Jul 23, 2022
God showed me the way through wonderful people I knew and worked with
1.Desire to have a self sufficient means of income without having to steal as my job was obvious would never sustain me.
2. My late boss who I worked with then who was also a business woman also motivated me to continue with my little business that one day I would be happy I never gave up and will have my needs met without having to steal beyond my pay cheque.
3. Coming from a family of business people also motivated me.
4.My early customers also gingered me I could do better and have more giant strides

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by xeriw96161: 12:00pm On Jul 23, 2022
Hdh

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by 15ssDRIVE(m): 12:08pm On Jul 23, 2022
After Waec and many failed Jambs,come see bright guys academically. Dem dey come show me approval or admission letter.

All good, I smiled genuinely. Then I said to myself, this guys need 4-5-7 years to come back and be bosses. I started the hustle immediately and Alhamdililah we here. Doing everything that means we came,we saw and we conquered.

Many came back and are now super bosses, many failed and came back and became bosses too. To those that consider themself as failure,i believe their time to shine will come soon.

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by Prettylima(f): 1:02pm On Jul 23, 2022
Omo this life na motivation on it own. cry
Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by maasoap(m): 1:07pm On Jul 23, 2022
Cajetan4u:

Well, for me, target was my motivation. I set target for myself in 2018 when I started and I achieved it within the time frame of 5 years. I did that just last month.
Now, new one must be set.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by maasoap(m): 1:11pm On Jul 23, 2022
Skyfornia:

Your story made me remember a classmate in my university days and what he said to me without provoking him. Alihamdulillahi
Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by PaedophileProph: 1:18pm On Jul 23, 2022
I was called Lazy and Stingy by my mom .
I hated to be identified with that .

Today they are all proud of me , my dad said to me the other time , that he never expected I would be the one saving them now grin

That put lotta smile on my face
Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by Fmlao: 1:19pm On Jul 23, 2022
Starting a school at the age of 25 years last year in a community where by school proprietors are old and married people.

Started the school by renting a shop with no pupil, no chair... Just a plastic table and chair from my room.

It was one hell of a ride but with ENTHUSIASM, PASSION AND 'STRONG HEAD', I pull through.

The key to any business growth is not to 'use the business chop' in the first few months or year.

Well, not that I have 'arrive' now but I am able to pull through the stress of starting.

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business? by PharmacyStore: 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2022
The fear of being poor

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? / He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force / Coronavirus: 4 In 10 Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In April - NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.