Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified (12043 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Meet Mnet's Big Brother Amplified Contestants + Pictures Of The House / Big Brother Amplified (The Official Thread of BBA 6) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by vitality22(m): 8:33am On Aug 01, 2011
NIGERIA, Good people great Nation
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by atasteve: 9:15am On Aug 01, 2011
I love 9aija.

I know that greatness is in our gene smiley
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by THEAMAKA(f): 9:23am On Aug 01, 2011
webdezzi:

I knew this would happen to lucklay
A lot of ppl got tired of voting every hour,
Vimbai went back home to mobilize voters, there is no way wendall could have made it. even lomwe and hanni stands a better chance
WENDULL but karen definitely deserves it. Luclay was robbed. everyone knows this.
not really, Luclay fans made noise but didn't vote (the only Luclay stonghold was South Africa and Botswana). they were too busy attacking Karen and other contestants and not focusing on the game. after bashing every contestant, they expected folks to turn around and vote for them. LOL  grin
besides the 5 other house mates had their countries back them up, so they couldnt vote Luclay, plus  Karen was preferred in all the other countries

the Zim/Zam alliance did it for Wendall. Zim/Zam/Namibia were Wendall hot spots. even without Kenya, he still would have won. he is boring, but thats what happens when they kept saving him and voting based on country and not entertainment.

Luclay sorta deserved it though because his fan page and his fans are A NASTY group of people. was on there an hour ago and they are all screaming about boycotting BBA and forcing them to host in another country. IMAGINE, THEY ARE NOT THE ONLY COUNTRY TO NEVER WIN AND CONTRIBUTE TO THE SHOW, BUT THE ONLY ONES COMPLAING. LOL. they are calling Nigerians and Zimbaweans names, saying they're gonna attack us in their country (lol, because of a TV game show, pathetic) and teach us a "lesson" HAHAHA! imagine a group of people that publicy declared their cheating for Luclay on that very page turning around to accuse Nigerians and Zimbabweans of cheating and saying they're gonna take it up with MNET. LOL. what case do they have when it will be shown that they cheated as well, and the Admins were encouraing it? BWAHAHAHA! BLOODY SORE LOSERS!

ANYWAY, THAT WOULD BE GREAT! Luanda sounds like a great place, or even Windhoek. they are trying to put together a compensation prize for Luclay. LOLOL! his fans did more talking than voting. they thought all other African countries would drop their reps in support of him. LOL, they must have been dreaming.

on the official BBA thread, i left my strategy on how the second place person would win. but Africans didnt vote wisely, and it backfired. OH WELL.
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by monie(f): 9:25am On Aug 01, 2011
Am happy for karen,she is nw a slumdog millionaire,but wendall?I can't begin 2 imagine it.I think they did it cuz of munya of last year.they r from same country after all.
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by klaus3011(m): 9:40am On Aug 01, 2011
KAREN-6 COUNTRY VOTES(NIG,ANGOLA,GHANA,MOZAMBIQUE,TANZANIA,REST OF AFRICA). WENDALL-4 COUNTRY VOTES(ZAMBIA,ZIMBABWE,NAMIBIA,KENYA).LUCLAY-2COUNTRY VOTES(S/AFRICA,BOTSWANA).SHARON O,LOMWE,HANNI(1 COUNTRY VOTE).VINA(0 COUNTRY VOTE).d simple fact is dat, without karen,dis years big brother wud av bin boring, she deserves it 100%.
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by RuuDie(m): 9:56am On Aug 01, 2011
I really question some people's logic oh ~ does it have to be a brash, showy, aggressive, talkative, controversial person that will win BBA!!?

For me, Wendall was picture of assured poise, composure, confidence and professionalism; a model for all African kids and thoroughly deserved a share in the loot. . . . . . .who wouldn't want a pilot like that flying their aircraft!!?
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by Mobinga: 10:00am On Aug 01, 2011
What a ridiculous show in its entirety. Should be banned.
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by Ayowumie(m): 10:01am On Aug 01, 2011
Obiagu1:

Nigeria have cheated again!  sad
How? When each is taken to contribute equal points. Even if China as a country was included, it would still be a point. If you had 1000 votes from a country, it does not translated to 1000 points. It is only a contestant that has more than 500 votes of that 1000 that is regarded to have won d votes from such country.

So, it is not a game of large population although large population can not be ruled out.
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by RuuDie(m): 10:06am On Aug 01, 2011
And seriously, how about just counting individual votes and totalling up cuz like i said this one country thingy could be potentially 'fraud laden'.

logically, just because A wins highest percentage in 4 countries doesn't mean he has the higher number per head-count than someone else who probably won land-slide in 2 countries.

Eg:
A wins 4-2, 3-2 in country-x & y
B wins 6-1 in country-z

Counting per head, who is s'posed to have the higher number of votes!?
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by THEAMAKA(f): 10:07am On Aug 01, 2011
RuuDie:

I really question some people's logic oh ~ does it have to be a brash, showy, aggressive, talkative, controversial person that will win BBA!!?

For me, Wendall was picture of assured poise, composure, confidence and professionalism; a model for all African kids and thoroughly deserved a share in the loot. . . . . . .who wouldn't want a pilot like that flying their aircraft!!?
yeah right, with all that alcohol he consumes. there is a difference between being poise, composed and being flat out boring. Lomwe was poised, composed, confidence, and professional and brought more life to the show than Wendull ever did.

being boring should not pay off. how many of you would watch BBA if it were filled with "Wendulls" LOL
exactly.  cool

RuuDie:

And seriously, how about just counting individual votes and totalling up cuz like i said this one country thingy could be potentially 'fraud laden'.

logically, just because A wins highest percentage in 4 countries doesn't mean he has the higher number per head-count than someone else who probably won land-slide in 2 countries.

Eg:
A wins 4-2, 3-2 in country-x & y
B wins 6-1 in country-z

Counting per head, who is s'posed to have the higher number of votes!?
so it doesnt give countries with higher population unfair advantages. if that were so, Naija would always win and Namibia would always lose (they have the lowest population)

if a person wins the majority in enough countries(i.e 6 countries), i think its more fair than if someone won by a landslide in a few countries (i.e. 2 countries)
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by thought: 10:15am On Aug 01, 2011
[/quote][quote author=THE AMAKA link=topic=724879.msg8830155#msg8830155 date=1312180035]
warped outlook on life? guess what, her childhood and early adult life shaped her to be what she is today. she is simply a product of the AVERAGE AFRICAN LIFE, DEAL WITH IT.

I guess we are too ashamed to show what the average African is really like. the average African is pretty much like Karen. and I am talking about her childhood, her early adult life, etc. not all those with silver spoons in their mouth that will win the cash only to increase the wealth they already have and spend it on themselves. not saying they shouldnt spend it on themselves, but come on, let's be real here. . .

and im sure you guys talking about her fake bosoms are the same ones that ogle at fake bosoms. especially if they're on an American or a non-Naija celeb.  tongue

@ THE AMAKA
I don't NORMALLY come into issues like this, but reading through, the way you passionately defend your "perspective" on Karen, may be being "self justifying" or otherwise. I have a couple of questions though. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .are you saying that Karen's "childhood and early life" was the most difficult in Nigeria? Are you saying that others with  similar challenges in life followed Karen's footsteps?. Even those who are caught with Cocaine at the Airports or who go robbing,  killing others have similar "self justifying stance". . . . . . . . . . . oohh it my childhood. . . . . . . . . . . . its what life made me to be. . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and come to think of it even after she went through all the "trials of life", would you say someone who had money ($$$$) to pay for "fake bosoms" is suffering)?. . . . . . . . "those whom you buy pepper from in the market, are they not human? or do you think they are animals or less humans?  do you think that lack the "nice body part?" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .I know everyone is free to say whatever, but please stop that crap talk about "being a product of Average African life"-. . . . . let the young ones reading this thread, facing similar challenges not get corrupted with your talk.

In life we all have choices, yes! we are sometimes shaped by the challenges we face, but ultimately, we choose that part to take in life. . . . . . . . . . . . if your life is guided by MONEY as the ultimate, then you take a certain path. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . if it is guided by other values, you choose other paths. The choice is yours. I know people who have gone through worse in life and they did not take Karen route . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

and please note- I am in no way condemning Karen. . . . . . . . . . . .its her life and she can choose which way to stir, it but your justification of Karen's "perceived" way of life as being "a  product of the AVERAGE AFRICAN LIFE" is disheartening. . . . .and unfair to many who have done otherwise . . .
. . . . .JUST SAY ITS HER LIFE AND SHE CAN USE IT AS IT PLEASES HER. . . . . . . . . . . .     

And please again, the average African is NOT pretty much like Karen, an average African and even "less than average African" really is pretty much different.
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by chijam: 10:24am On Aug 01, 2011
you guys are wasting ur time here for nothing speaking big grammer whil the babe is busy making her money grin grin grin grin grin grin
infact, we want to see how she made that money . . .that is her naked pics with other housemate undecided tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by RuuDie(m): 10:30am On Aug 01, 2011
THE AMAKA:

yeah right, with all that alcohol he consumes. there is a difference between being poise, composed and being flat out boring. Lomwe was poised, composed, confidence, and professional and brought more life to the show than Wendull ever did.

being boring should not pay off. how many of you would watch BBA if it were filled with "Wendulls" LOL
exactly.  cool

If Wendall was Nigerian, half of y'all wouldn't say he was dull; everybody would conclude he was being 'real' ~ please, lets just stop being hypocritical. . . . . .as far as am concerned, he went on the show and displayed the same character he would if he was in his home (boring or not) and that deserves plaudits otherwise, we might as well just fill the house up with actors and be 'entertained'.
As per alcohol, doesn't do anything to a man's personality. . . . . plus did he drink any more than the others ~ even your karen gan sef!
And for christ's sakes, the man is a pilot, do you expect him to be behaving like a junkie. . . . . .seriously looking at Karen on the surface, good heart aside (which i still doubt), if she is a doctor would you want her anywhere near your kids!!?

THE AMAKA:

so it doesnt give countries with higher population unfair advantages. if that were so, Naija would always win and Namibia would always lose (they have the lowest population)

i[b]f a person wins the majority in enough countries(i.e 6 countries), i think its more fair than if someone won by a landslide in a few countries (i.e. 2 countries)[/b]

That is so unfair, do u realise that it is possible that Vina might have had more votes than the others who won majority in one country!!? Winning more countries doesn't always necessarily translate to winning more votes if counted per head. . . . . yeah, it might sound absurd but reason it.
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by Upright750: 10:35am On Aug 01, 2011
waw, Is like this program is all about game. , i'm not really fan of this BBA but last time i heard Zimbabwe president(MUGABE) wasn't happy with their judgement at the final stage. which was 9ja and Zimbabwe . This time again is same Zimbabwe and 9ja for final. for what am thinking, they are out to favor Zimbabwe , To compensate Mugabe. lol let us watch out and see.
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by ZE: 10:42am On Aug 01, 2011
make una no vex ooo, Did Karen do breas-t implant?  just wondering why d thing look so big and firm as well.
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by tobz(f): 10:49am On Aug 01, 2011
I honestly cannot believe that pple have the audacity to condemn someone else for theyre way of life, what right do you have to judge smeone else. so she was a stripper, and so what? so she has fake boobs, and so? 80% of the stars in hollywood and beyond has fake boobs and yet u "saints" worship the ground they walk on. And is the big deal abt having fake boobs in the first place, though she gave a good reason why she got them, but then if i want to get fake bigger boobs, whose business is it? is it ur body? do i tell u how to live ur life?

Karen won becos from the onset, she was real, she was brash, foul-mouthed and extremely annoying, but she was entertaining, most of you tuned in becos of her entertainment, Vimbai and Vina, with all their English and "social status", were booted out, that Vina even survived that long was becos she's a Nigerian, and we're extremely loyal to our pple, so whn she was put up, we kpt saving her.

None of you have the right to judge anymre or call them immoral, becos none of you are perfect, her own imperfections only came to light becos she decided to be in a popular competition, i'm sure if we all searched thru ur closets, u wont be so innocent at the end of the day. We wanted reality and we got it frm her, we wanted romance, and we got it frm her, we wanted quarrels, and she had a lot to give, she made the show to be a s popular as it was. She is the rightful winner. As for Wendell, Na only God know hw dat one take happen, ,,,,,
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by THEAMAKA(f): 10:59am On Aug 01, 2011
@thought, you have said your piece, after all, i guess it boils down to MY OPINION.

RuuDie:

If Wendall was Nigerian, half of y'all wouldn't say he was dull; everybody would conclude he was being 'real' ~ please, lets just stop being hypocritical. . . . . .as far as am concerned, he went on the show and displayed the same character he would if he was in his home (boring or not) and that deserves plaudits otherwise, we might as well just fill the house up with actors and be 'entertained'.
As per alcohol, doesn't do anything to a man's personality. . . . . plus did he drink any more than the others ~ even your karen gan sef!
And for christ's sakes, the man is a pilot, do you expect him to be behaving like a junkie. . . . . .seriously looking at Karen on the surface, good heart aside (which i still doubt), if she is a doctor would you want her anywhere near your kids!!?

That is so unfair, do u realise that it is possible that Vina might have had more votes than the others who won majority in one country!!? Winning more countries doesn't always necessarily translate to winning more votes if counted per head. . . . . yeah, it might sound absurd but reason it.
they know the rules upon entering it. its just like any national election. the majority takes all.
i get your point though, but still. . . tongue

and Vina is a Nigerian and i too think she was DULL. she can dance, I'll give her that. but as for everything else "Zzzzzz. . ." after a while, she only became relevant for following Lomwe and being his lapdog. lol
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by tcubed: 11:02am On Aug 01, 2011
why luclay Lost:

A lot of ignorance is displayed by people on this forum. You need to get a number of facts straight.

1. It's the country votes that count. That means if 1 million people vote for Luclay in S.A. and 10 people vote for Wendall in Zambia, each of them would have one country vote, Luclay 1 (SA) and Wendall 1 (Zambia).

2. For that reason, it was essential for South African to campaign/solicite for votes for Luclay from other friendly countries. How do you do that when you are killing their citizens in xenophobic attacks.

3. One way of having your country man win is if he/she was entertaining like Karen - evryone loved her. The other way is when your country forms alliances with other countries, which South Africans forgot to do. Wendal got his other votes from Zambia, Namibia and Kenya. Why did they not vote Luclay? Simple, because South Africa did not support their own country reps when they were up for eviction - when Zambian Kim was up, S. Africa voted for Naija, when the Nam chick Bernadina was up, they voted for a Naija again, when Kenya's Millicent was up they voted for some other country out of SADC again, and when it comes to Luclay, did you really expect all those countries to vote with you when you had abandoned them all along? Poor strategy on your part.

4. Wendall was a real bore. I didn't even vote for him though I'm from Zim. I voted Luclay cos he's black and was more entertaining. But it's still the country votes that count - it's Namibia, Zambia and Kenya that tipped the scales for Wendall.

4. It's a game after all. Stop fretting and go back to work.

Its so painful but that the reality.
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by jjmk(m): 11:17am On Aug 01, 2011
I am surprised at people, how will somebody come up here to say Nigeria intimidated the rest of Africa with her size? One, it was plain to see Karen was very popular even outside Nigeria, and all of Nigeria's vote was counted as one. She won because Six (6) countries voted for her. Luclay did not win because even if he had millions of votes from South Africa, it counted as one vote.

Pls guys get ur facts right.
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by swaggerboi2011: 11:19am On Aug 01, 2011
Up Deltans,
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by lynxnoon(m): 11:44am On Aug 01, 2011
can someone please just mention one thing that this show has taught us?! undecided sad ;d
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by afrobaby(f): 11:48am On Aug 01, 2011
So wat, she won, as far as I know, the just concluded BBA is nothing to write home about, it lacks moral, not educative neither is it entertaining, it is just another way of corrupting the youths
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by RuuDie(m): 12:13pm On Aug 01, 2011
THE AMAKA:

@thought, you have said your piece, after all, i guess it boils down to MY OPINION.
they know the rules upon entering it. its just like any national election. the majority takes all.
i get your point though, but still. . . tongue

and Vina is a Nigerian and i too think she was DULL. she can dance, I'll give her that. but as for everything else "Zzzzzz. . ." after a while, she only became relevant for following Lomwe and being his lapdog. lol

Rules aside. . . . . my grouse with you is your opinion on Wendall ~ i am absolutely delighted that he won. It means that you don't have to the 'drama king/queen', 'sex sells' line to win in this game.

To make for an even more level playing field, the organisers should do 'count of the votes' rather than the 1-country vote thingy. I still have a sneaky suspicion from the last edition that Munya, & not Uti won.
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by sylve11: 12:16pm On Aug 01, 2011
BBA lacks moral and nothing good can be achieved from it! cool
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by RuuDie(m): 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2011
sylve11:

BBA lacks moral and nothing good can be achieved from it! cool

I disagree. . . . . I learnt a great deal from Wendall grin
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by daniellle(f): 1:45pm On Aug 01, 2011
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by joanana(f): 2:46pm On Aug 01, 2011
I hated n detested Karen at the begin of the show n loved Vina but later, is not all that glitters is gold, Karen prove me and many other haters wrong n gained our love. Karen is better than Vina, Vina pretends n thinks she knows it all but this season is not about the brains or how intelligent u r, its all about KARENTAINMENT,  n  we were entertained. shes kind, warm  and beautiful inside. shes got a good character and a good rep for Naija. Congrats !!!!! u deserve it !!!!!!! Besides we knew the winners was Karen n Luclay, i was stunned when Lu clay was evicted.   Naija no dey carry last,  we too much
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by Diligence: 2:48pm On Aug 01, 2011
Congratulations to Karen!
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by flameforx(m): 3:31pm On Aug 01, 2011
naija is not just okay
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by coi: 3:43pm On Aug 01, 2011
i am very happy for Karen. that girl was so so real  - so kind hearted, she does’nt know how to pretend, she doesn’t know how to carry malice (remember when Luclay stripped her and after throwing away his belongings, she went back to fetch them. as if that wasn’t enough she went to make up with Luclay).
Luclay lost the show because he was so full of himself. why will he complain afterall he said he doesn’t need the money that he was rich. he even threatened to leave the house on several occasions.
Africans also hate how he exposed Karen’s private area in the public just in the name of being wild  and remember votes come more from ladies – he doesn’t deserve the money.
Luclay’s loss is true evident that Big Brother doesn’t favor anyone afterall they are in a position to favor Luclay  being a S/African – it is strictly on merit.
all the same, I still cant believe WenDULL won the prize.
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by Kamkayz(m): 3:51pm On Aug 01, 2011
Naija no dey carry last in whatever we do. Big upz to the famous (K-U-K) you guy have made us proud.
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by Newest: 6:12pm On Aug 01, 2011
congrats TO THE WINNERS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gulder Ultimate Search Vs Big Brother Africa. / How Much Does Alaba Pay Movie Producers For Their Movies? / Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.