Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,135 members, 7,829,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

First Time Travel - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / First Time Travel (1557 Views)

Inquiry On First Time Travel To Europe / Seaplane Lands In Bayelsa For The First Time In 21 Years (Photos) / Nigerian Man Hospitalized In US After Entering Plane For First Time & Was Tied (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Time Travel by echesilver: 8:42am On Jul 27, 2022
Good day everyone. I will be travelling for the first time from Nigeria to Vietnam. The journey would be from Nigerian to Dubai and from Dubai to Hanoi, Vietnam.

My documents are ready and my flights booked for early August.

Please! This is my first time and certain things are not clear to me yet.

I have received my ticket (EMIRATES) though no seat number yet.

These are my few questions;

1.When should I get my seat number? Is it at the airport on that day?

2. What exactly to do when I get the airport?

3. I heard about online check-in. Please how does it work and how will it help me when I get to the airport?

4. Currently in Ogun state and hoping to get my yellow card this week at ABK. Does anyone know about the fee and the process there?

Please, I know some people will find the questions childish but I just want to know so as to prepare.

Thanks.
Re: First Time Travel by bigug04(m): 9:57am On Jul 27, 2022
Received your ticket from where?

They collected your money without explaining most of these things to you? Like you are suppose to be at the airport nothing less than 3 hours before your flight?

Online check in CAN be available few days before your flight IF it's allowed on your flight.

Things you are not allowed to carry with you.

Weight of your luggages and liquids.

Did you check all the entry requirements for your destination?

Don't keep all your cash in one place.

Eat before you get to the airport.
Re: First Time Travel by u3fine(m): 11:20am On Jul 27, 2022
Hello, I also plan to travel to Vietnam in October or November. Can I PM you?
As for the details you asked for, if you prefer a particular seat you check in online a few days before the departure date or else they will allocate you a seat at the counter during checking-in after those who checked in online must have collected seats.
echesilver:
Good day everyone. I will be travelling for the first time from Nigeria to Vietnam. The journey would be from Nigerian to Dubai and from Dubai to Hanoi, Vietnam.

3. I heard about online check-in. Please how does it work and how will it help me when I get to the airport?

4. Currently in Ogun state and hoping to get my yellow card this week at ABK. Does anyone know about the fee and the process there?

Please, I know some people will find the questions childish but I just want to know so as to prepare.

Thanks.
Re: First Time Travel by echesilver: 2:59pm On Jul 27, 2022
bigug04:
Received your ticket from where?

They collected your money without explaining most of these things to you? Like you are suppose to be at the airport nothing less than 3 hours before your flight?

Online check in CAN be available few days before your flight IF it's allowed on your flight.

Things you are not allowed to carry with you.

Weight of your luggages and liquids.

Did you check all the entry requirements for your destination?

Don't keep all your cash in one place.

Eat before you get to the airport.

The flight ticket is from Emirates. It was booked from Vietnam along with the invitation letter.
The visa is on arrival.
I have confirmed the flight booking and downloaded my flight receipt from Emirates official site.
Re: First Time Travel by echesilver: 3:04pm On Jul 27, 2022
u3fine:
Hello, I also plan to travel to Vietnam in October or November. Can I PM you?
As for the details you asked for, if you prefer a particular seat you check in online a few days before the departure date or else they will allocate you a seat at the counter during checking-in after those who checked in online must have collected seats.

Thanks for the information.

The documents you will require depends on what you are going there to do. I am going there to teach English so:
Degree certificate
Tesol certificate
Recommendation letter from place of work
Police report.
These are the things i stamped at abj.
Re: First Time Travel by u3fine(m): 3:15pm On Jul 27, 2022
@ Ministry of Foreign Affairs?
Also, did you get the job from here or did you process the work permit first?
echesilver:

The documents you will require depends on what you are going there to do. I am going there to teach English so:
Degree certificate
Tesol certificate
Police report.
Re: First Time Travel by dehiero: 4:14pm On Jul 27, 2022
echesilver:

Degree certificate
Tesol certificate
Police report.
how long did the whole process take for the visa and work permit was it up to 3 months?
Re: First Time Travel by Freak4achild(f): 6:13pm On Jul 27, 2022
echesilver:

Degree certificate
Tesol certificate
Police report.

Congratulations and wishing you a safe trip ahead. I would like to travel to Vietnam soon for business tho, please how much is cost of ticket? Can I have an idea.? Thank you.
Re: First Time Travel by echesilver: 10:21pm On Jul 27, 2022
Freak4achild:

Congratulations and wishing you a safe trip ahead. I would like to travel to Vietnam soon for business tho, please how much is cost of ticket? Can I have an idea.? Thank you.

Thanks

600 to 700k by emirates (economy)
700+ by qatar airways (economy)

Qatar is more expensive and the prices do fluctuates
Re: First Time Travel by echesilver: 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2022
u3fine:
@ Ministry of Foreign Affairs?
Also, did you get the job from here or did you process the work permit first?

U can't process a work permit without getting a job.

The idea is that u got a job and u need a permit to legitly do the job.

Well! A friend helped me to get the job there.

Their visa is normally on arrival. The company sent me an invitation letter through their immigration. I will get a visa when I get there. A month visa. The company will proceed to do the work permit within the 1 month, less u will have to do another visa if they didn't finish on time.

U can also get a job from here.. I got an offer from another firm for online interview but i didn't proceed cos i Have one already
Re: First Time Travel by echesilver: 10:33pm On Jul 27, 2022
dehiero:

how long did the whole process take for the visa and work permit was it up to 3 months?

The invitation letter came within a month. Visa is on arrival and work permit will be done when u arrive because the company also need ur original certificates for that
Re: First Time Travel by horlahsunbo225(m): 10:33pm On Jul 27, 2022
This guy is in Vietnam (Whyna)

1 Like

Re: First Time Travel by echesilver: 10:41pm On Jul 27, 2022
horlahsunbo225:
This guy is in Vietnam (Whyna)

I don't understand
Re: First Time Travel by Raregem9000(m): 10:43pm On Jul 27, 2022
How can one get a job from here bro?
Which app or website did you apply on for the job offer you ignored? Please share with us
echesilver:

U can't process a work permit without getting a job.

The idea is that u got a job and u need a permit to legitly do the job.

Well! A friend helped me to get the job there.

Their visa is normally on arrival. The company sent me an invitation letter through their immigration. I will get a visa when I get there. A month visa. The company will proceed to do the work permit within the 1 month, less u will have to do another visa if they didn't finish on time.

U can also get a job from here.. I got an offer from another firm for online interview but i didn't proceed cos i Have one already
Re: First Time Travel by Dajmoh: 7:48am On Jul 28, 2022
Hello house ,whose travelling with Qatar airline on the 12th of Aug and has layover of over 10hrs
Re: First Time Travel by BigDawsNet: 9:30am On Jul 28, 2022
echesilver:

Thanks.

PCr test is not needed anymore?
Confirm bro
Make sure you travel with your vaccination card

Just locate your flight stand when you get to the airport... ur fellow people will be dere

I'm not sure about ur sit number but hostess will lead you

Safe trip
Re: First Time Travel by echesilver: 10:47pm On Jul 28, 2022
BigDawsNet:

PCr test is not needed anymore?
Confirm bro
Make sure you travel with your vaccination card

Just locate your flight stand when you get to the airport... ur fellow people will be dere

I'm not sure about ur sit number but hostess will lead you

Thanks... What's PCr test please

Safe trip
Re: First Time Travel by echesilver: 10:58pm On Jul 28, 2022
Raregem9000:
How can one get a job from here bro?
Which app or website did you apply on for the job offer you ignored? Please share with us

I use LinkedIn. Update your information there. Go to the job session and search to your need.

U can filter the search too.

1 Like

Re: First Time Travel by Raregem9000(m): 8:44am On Jul 29, 2022
Thanks bro
echesilver:

I use LinkedIn. Update your information there. Go to the job session and search to your need.

U can filter the search too.
Re: First Time Travel by Freak4achild(f): 9:14pm On Jul 29, 2022
echesilver:

Thanks

600 to 700k by emirates (economy)
700+ by qatar airways (economy)

Qatar is more expensive and the prices do fluctuates

Wow thanks a lot for the response.
Re: First Time Travel by Miril: 9:45pm On Jul 29, 2022
Hey guys, I am currently planning my trip now so thanks for sharing this info. I always wanted to visit Asia and decided to start with Vietnam. I found info about visas here https://vietnamvisa-au.com/ and thought it may be useful for someone so pay attention to this website.
Re: First Time Travel by echesilver: 6:52pm On Aug 01, 2022
I was able to get my yellow fever card @ Abeokuta Porthealt centre.

I spent 4k in total. I paid 2k in the portal via remita. The 2 women in the office later collected 2k from. They said it's for vaccine.

I know they're jobbing me but I just gave them. The process was very smooth. They don't even have customers there self unlike Lagos branch where you have queues.
Re: First Time Travel by u3fine(m): 7:32pm On Aug 01, 2022
Please can you email your phone number to ralphonari@hotmail.com.
I have some questions because I plan coming in October
echesilver:
I was able to get my yellow fever card @ Abeokuta Porthealt centre.

I spent 4k in total. I paid 2k in the portal via remita. The 2 women in the office later collected 2k from. They said it's for vaccine.

I know they're jobbing me but I just gave them. The process was very smooth. They don't even have customers there self unlike Lagos branch where you have queues.
Re: First Time Travel by echesilver: 10:03pm On Aug 02, 2022
u3fine:
Please can you email your phone number to ralphonari@hotmail.com.
I have some questions because I plan coming in October

Ok
Re: First Time Travel by echesilver: 10:05pm On Aug 02, 2022
Who has idea where I can do PCr test and cert in ogun state
Re: First Time Travel by HOKIM(m): 1:25am On Aug 03, 2022
echesilver:
Who has idea where I can do PCr test and cert in ogun state
The seven days Adventist university(I forgot the name of the university, I think Bangkok or Bowen or something)does pcr test in Ogun state, you should do it atleast 24hrs before the day of ur departure...
As for the vaccine, you should have done that months before, it's abit too late now as you will be considered fully vaccinated 14days after the second dose, which is about 3months after the first....
Re: First Time Travel by VictorUSA(m): 7:45am On Aug 03, 2022
Congratulations bro..Safe trip.
Re: First Time Travel by bigug04(m): 8:54am On Aug 09, 2022
Updates? undecided
Re: First Time Travel by u3fine(m): 9:06am On Aug 09, 2022
Op update us on your trip. I noticed you have left the shores of the country

(1) (Reply)

Where Are The Best Places To Visit In Lagos? / Any Tourist Attraction In Nigeriaa ? / South African Passport For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.