Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals (1671 Views)

Jws are actually atheists with bibles. / 'AI Jesus' Talks Dating, Relationships, Morals — Even Offers Video-gaming Tips / Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by TMTR: 2:18pm On Jul 27, 2022
The last time I checked, the people that brought Christianity to Africa were responsible for the slave trade, killed a lot of leaders who opposed them, raped our resources and women but I am supposed to be the bad one without morals for not believing in their religion grin

Please make it make sense undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by Kobojunkie: 2:20pm On Jul 27, 2022
TMTR:
1. The last time I checked, the people that brought Christianity to Africa were responsible for the slave trade, killed a lot of leaders who opposed them, raped our resources and women but I am supposed to be the bad one without morals for not believing in their religion grin

Get your facts right abeg! undecided

Also, why do you fixate one what others say of you? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by BRATISLAVA: 2:30pm On Jul 27, 2022
Why do atheists always equate theists with not being educated or intelligent?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by gohf: 2:43pm On Jul 27, 2022
TMTR:
The last time I checked, the people that brought Christianity to Africa were responsible for the slave trade, killed a lot of leaders who opposed them, raped our resources and women but I am supposed to be the bad one without morals for not believing in their religion grin

"the people"? Tell us who these people are since you "checked"
Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
TMTR:

The highlighted is why i always laugh at atheists because even though they've read and read lots of books and acquired philosophical ideas from different sources how come this same people failed to grasp that the true followers of Christ can't be slave traders? undecided
That still baffles me till now as in how can any intelligent individual after reading what Jesus taught and how his disciples lived in the first century come to a conclusion that people who intimidates and enslaves their fellowman are practicing what that man from Nazareth taught!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by Dtruthspeaker: 2:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
TMTR:

The people who brought Christianity did say that they were bad (sinners) and did that which was not good.

But you atheists almost want to claim that you do not do any bad thing.
Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by Maynnmann: 6:57pm On Jul 27, 2022
Hope you know that a Sango or Ogun Worshipper is a Theist.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by 1Sharon(f): 9:45pm On Jul 27, 2022
It's naivete and oblivion.

Religion doesn't ≠ good morals.

The biggest threat to religious people in Nigeria are your fellow religious people.
Atheists are not your problem. They're just minding their business and trying to wake you guys up.

It is the religious people that are keeping the superstious beliefs in juju/bewitching alive.

Nothing concerns an atheist with these things.

But for christians, when prayer fails, Christians turn to juju and this has led to innocent people being harmed or killed.

It's not atheists you need to worry about.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by 1Sharon(f): 9:47pm On Jul 27, 2022
BRATISLAVA:
Why do atheists always equate theists with not being educated or intelligent?

Because there is some truth to that statement.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:56pm On Jul 27, 2022
1Sharon:

Yeah but not ABSOLUTELY Truth! wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by hopefulLandlord: 6:45am On Jul 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted is why i always laugh at atheists because even though they've read and read lots of books and acquired philosophical ideas from different sources how come this same people failed to grasp that the true followers of Christ can't be slave traders? undecided
That still baffles me till now as in how can any intelligent individual after reading what Jesus taught and how his disciples lived in the first century come to a conclusion that people who intimidates and enslaves their fellowman are practicing what that man from Nazareth taught!

Where was slavery condemned in the Bible?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:02am On Jul 28, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Where was slavery condemned in the Bible?

When Jesus had no slaves!
People do use money to buy their fellowman as slaves before his time so when Jesus walked the earth he never had a slave nor servants but friends with whom he lived, played, ate, drank and goes for parties for the rest of his life. He never had a slave!
And when a man walked towards him asking what should be done to gain everlasting life Jesus asked the man to observe all that's WRITTEN in God's law but it seems the man failed to decipher that when you love your neighbour (fellowman) you shouldn't place money on his head claiming he is your slave. So Jesus looked at the man and go straight to what you're asking today by telling him to go and sell everything he had give it to the needy and come join Jesus' group. Of course any intelligent listener should understand that Jesus is indirectly telling the man that SLAVERY which is promoted by wealth is evil because if the man should do exactly what Jesus said then he has nothing to tied his fellowman down as SLAVE! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by hopefulLandlord: 8:01am On Jul 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

When Jesus had no slaves!
People do use money to buy their fellowman as slaves before his time so when Jesus walked the earth he never had a slave nor servants but friends with whom he lived, played, ate, drank and goes for parties for the rest of his life. He never had a slave!
And when a man walked towards him asking what should be done to gain everlasting life Jesus asked the man to observe all that's WRITTEN in God's law but it seems the man failed to decipher that when you love your neighbour (fellowman) you shouldn't place money on his head claiming he is your slave. So Jesus looked at the man and go straight to what you're asking today by telling him to go and sell everything he had give it to the needy and come join Jesus' group. Of course any intelligent listener should understand that Jesus is indirectly telling the man that SLAVERY which is promoted by wealth is evil because if the man should do exactly what Jesus said then he has nothing to tied his fellowman down as SLAVE! smiley

where was slavery condemned in the Bible? that Jesus didn't do some things doesn't mean it's condemned.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:11am On Jul 28, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

where was slavery condemned in the Bible? that Jesus didn't do some things doesn't mean it's condemned.
Now you're proving me right that you atheists aren't as intelligent as you often claim.

For your information nothing concerns me with that book called Bible if not the life and ministry of Jesus of Nazareth who was sent for the salvation of obedient mankind {John 3:16} If i call myself a Christian it simply means i'm striving really hard to IMITATE Jesus who is called CHRIST.
So the people who came to Africa with guns to enslave people can't be his true disciples that's what i want you and all other atheists like you to understand. If those people claims they're CHRISTIANS (imitators of CHRIST) but came using weapons to intimidate and enslave innocent people please in what way are they true disciples of the man who condemned slavery?

Please use your brains nah! undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by hopefulLandlord: 8:44am On Jul 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Now you're proving me right that you atheists aren't as intelligent as you often claim.

For your information nothing concerns me with that book called Bible
be gone then. let Christians which that book concerns take a shot at the question

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:25am On Jul 28, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
be gone then. let Christians which that book concerns take a shot at the question

Unintelligent creatures claiming atheists.
So you can't even read within the lines that there's nothing that concerns none Israelites with that book apart from the man Jesus who is called CHRIST shey?
Keep deceiving yourselves! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:31am On Jul 28, 2022
TMTR:

The truth is that atheists are common people who are claiming they're wiser than others for disbelieving the existence of a Creator but at the same time they're hypocritically attributing evil deeds to what is virtuous! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by Maynnmann: 10:41am On Jul 28, 2022
A Sango or Yahweh worshipper is a Theist.

Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by BRATISLAVA: 10:09am On Aug 02, 2022
1Sharon:

There isn't. Just blind hate and bigotry. Contributions from theists prove it to be just that.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by Maynnmann: 12:08pm On Aug 02, 2022
1Sharon:

And hope you know that a Sango, ogun and yahweh worshipper are all THEIST.
The problem is with people that don’t worship any of these deities, an athiest?
Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by KnownUnknown: 1:15pm On Aug 02, 2022
Maynnmann:

And hope you know that a Sango, ogun and yahweh worshipper are all THEIST.

Is this new knowledge to you?
Why would you write that as if she doesn’t know?

Maynnmann:

The problem is with people that don’t worship any of these deities, an athiest?

What?
Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by Maynnmann: 1:24pm On Aug 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Is this new knowledge to you?
Why would you write that as if she doesn’t know?

What?

It’s not that deep. wink
Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by KnownUnknown: 2:18pm On Aug 02, 2022
Maynnmann:

It’s not that deep. wink

Oh, no doubt about that.
Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by Maynnmann: 2:25pm On Aug 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Oh, no doubt about that.
Exactly!
Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by budaatum: 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

This is amusingly a sign of non-brain use.

We read in the Bible about Israelites being enslaved for quite a while. The conditions they worked under are described and their desire and the effort they expended to deenslave themselves is detailed. Most readers then have the added advantage of knowing about slavery that went on since then and nothing about it sounds uncondemned.

Thou shalt not, is a rule for children and the immature. Grownups who use their own minds can infer from the more complex.

Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by budaatum: 5:35pm On Aug 02, 2022
TMTR:

Not true, which is why it does not make sense to you.

I suggest you check again because you might find that religion is not responsible for slavery. Human beings are.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_slavery

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_slavery_in_the_Muslim_world

Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by budaatum: 5:48pm On Aug 02, 2022
If you believe [a] religion, by which you are really believing a book you read, then it is very obvious that you have not used your own heart and soul and mind and being to ask and knock and seek for yourself so that you may know or at least have a better idea of what might be valid. Such believers are prone to being preyed upon and enslaved and exploited by those who know better and tell them to believe.

Hence the stories of Jesus the unbeliever for you to learn to use your own heart and soul and mind and being to ask and knock and seek least you end up trembling like demons.

Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by hopefulLandlord: 6:15pm On Aug 02, 2022
budaatum:

This is amusingly a sign of non-brain use.

We read in the Bible about Israelites being enslaved for quite a while. The conditions they worked under are described and their desire and the effort they expended to deenslave themselves is detailed. Most readers then have the added advantage of knowing about slavery that went on since then and nothing about it sounds uncondemned.

Thou shalt not, is a rule for children and the immature. Grownups who use their own minds can infer from the more complex.

where was slavery condemned in the Bible?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by budaatum: 6:27pm On Aug 02, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

In Exodus, and those who read my posts would understand if I add in Genesis 3 where being enslaved is condemned.

Slavery does not need to specifically be condemned in the Bible for sensible people to condemn slavery, though, Moses waving God in the face of Egypt is condemnation enough for many.

You would not want to have been an Israelite enslaved by Egypt, and history has hopefully taught you not to enslaved.
Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by hopefulLandlord: 6:32pm On Aug 02, 2022
budaatum:

Slavery does not need to specifically be condemned in the Bible
Okay I see you can't show us then. let people who can cite where it's condemned take a shot at the question. bye!

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by Kobojunkie: 6:51pm On Aug 02, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
Slavery, as depicted in the Law of Moses was given as a part of the Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan, a Nation God formed of the people of Isreal whom He has previously rescued from the land of Egypt. undecided
Re: Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals by budaatum: 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Okay I see you can't show us then. let people who can cite where it's condemned take a shot at the question. bye!

No hope, waiting for people to "show you" is what made you rightly abandon the religion in the first place, so why would you expect citing is what might make you comprehend? It is not people who can cite that can "show you" but you using your own heart and soul and mind to ask and knock and seek for understanding for and by yourself so you may see for yourself which I hope you are not saying bye to. Still, even if you are, others aren't, so I'll help you.

All the plagues God mounted on the Egyptians for enslaving the Israelites is condemnation. You would not claim you were being blessed if those plagues were inflicted on you for your behaviour, and would be wise to consider that behaviour condemned.

Also, Jesus saying, "Get thee behind me satan" can be considered as condemnation against slavery. If Jesus had bowed to Satan on the mountain he would have been Satan's slave which most would not consider a good thing.

And ignorant Adam and Eve nakedly tending a tiny proxy garden is slavery too considering the lofty task given to the humans created before them and in the image (in power too) of the God we read created them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did God Lie? / What If TB Joshua Faked His Own Death / Did Sodom And Gomorroh Really Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.