Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,603 members, 7,840,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! (12789 Views)

MUST READ : Why Gtbank Latest 737 Simple Mobile Banking Is A Beautiful Nonsense / Some Things I Have Learned So Far In Internet Marketing!!! You Need To See This / GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 02, 2011
holahabib:

From my little experience as a web application developer, i think the problem has to do with Session time out. I think you have about 5-10 seconds of inactivity before your session times out and then you'll have to login again. I think the inactivity time is too short but the developers must have had a reason most likely security reason for doing this.

I could guess that they may envisage that e.g if you go into a cafe to check your online account and your cafe time finishes, they wouldn't want the next person using the computer after you to access your account.

These are my thoughts, i'm not one of their developers. I don't think their customer care reps or even bankers you meet in the banking hall will be able to give you any useful explanation.

The solution i believe which has worked perfectly for me is to do everything once you are logged in pretty quickly. If you're using your token before you log in generate the code already and write it down so that you don't waste any time trying to generate while already logged in.
You said it all. its the session thing.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by sistermi: 6:07am On Aug 23, 2011
Well, I read the posts here and logged into my GTB account using google chrome instead of internet explorer!

Lo and behold, I was able to log into my GTB account and conduct my online transaction!

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!

If you have trouble in Internet Explorer, please try Google Chrome or other browser.

I have not been using google chrome because I felt it was not supported by the bank's site but was I pleasantly surprised!
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by sistermi: 6:12am On Aug 23, 2011
I experienced the same problem in Internet Explorer, then I read this blog and tried Google Chrome and bam! I was able to log in and conduct my transaction.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 23, 2011
GTB is the best, call customer care to know what is wrong.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by deco2come: 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2011
I heard that GTBank offers one of the best online banking experience in Nigeria. I would like to understand the charges for the following

1.) If I want to do online transfer from my GTBank account to someone's GTBank. I would like to know how much it cost and how long it takes before the person receives the money.

2.) If I want to do online transfer from my GTBank to a different bank account. How much does it cost and how many days does it take before the person receives the money.

3.) If I want to do online transfer from my GTBank to someone abroad. How much does it cost and how many days does it take before the person receives the money.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by rman: 10:36pm On Oct 04, 2011
deco2come:

I heard that GTBank offers one of the best online banking experience in Nigeria. I would like to understand the charges for the following

1.) If I want to do online transfer from my GTBank account to someone's GTBank. I would like to know how much it cost and how long it takes before the person receives the money. ans: #100 convinience fee and the person gets the money immediately

2.) If I want to do online transfer from my GTBank to a different bank account. How much does it cost and how many days does it take before the person receives the money. ans: same as question above

3.) If I want to do online transfer from my GTBank to someone abroad. How much does it cost and how many days does it take before the person receives the money.
Can't help with this I ve not tried it
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by justfree1(m): 9:40am On Oct 05, 2011
for abroad transfers it should be 1k and also delivers in less than 2hours depending on their network, it's been long i reached the bank, all trans are done at home cheesy GTBANK rated no 1 for me
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by thediva(f): 3:20pm On Oct 22, 2011
A lot of people have said it, but I just had to say it too, GTBank online banking is too hot! They are one of the few that make my head swell in this country.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by jimblaze(m): 9:20am On Oct 27, 2011
what can i say?as an I.T. Professional GTBank is tight! never really had any issues and their customer service is on point! am loving their internet banking platform
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by oyedepo1(m): 12:06pm On Jan 18, 2012
That still doesn't make it the worst internet banking in Nigeria. Have you ever tried other banks'? To me, GTB Internet Banking still remains the best in Nigeria. I do every dam* thing via their platform with no hitch whatsoever.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by ultrazone(m): 12:29pm On Feb 03, 2015
mm

(1) (2) (Reply)

FEC Approves Automation Of Import Duty Exemption Certificates, Vehicle Numbers / Wait A Minute! There Is More To Know About Cooking Gas Business / TIG Treasure Resources: Any One Who Can Advise Me On Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.